PDA

View Full Version : naruto whats the attraction

space cowboy
12-07-2007, 05:51 AM
please someone tell me?

why is this anime so hyped, its horrific bad.

i've never watched such a poorly scripted badly animated series in my life.

on top of all that who wants to watch 12 year olds beating each other up? how the hell is that an attraction?

i hate going onto anime forums and finding people with yaoi naruto sigs oh whats his slapable face in his orange jump suit and the emo one whos too cool to hit puberty.

RyanSAC
12-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Wow, that's kinda harsh man.

I'm into the more complicated anime myself but Naruto is a good show....not the best but it's characters are really good if you actually sit down and watch the entire series from the beginning.

Evilspike2
12-07-2007, 08:40 AM
I personally hate naruto, if they would shut up and fight, yea id watch it.. also needs more blood, dismembering, and gore, imo. though alot of my friends watch it and they just say "its awesome watch it just once and you will like it" also, the big attraction is, it has ninjas and people like ninjas..

Memento Mori
12-07-2007, 08:44 AM
I personally love the first series, but the second series, Naruto Shippuden, was pure crap. The series just needs to end somewhere. But, that is kind of harsh. Much of the gore and violence IS edited, sadly. If you watch the Cartoon Network version only, you aren't getting much out of it. The original with not edits or deleted scences version is much, much better.

darkjester
12-07-2007, 08:50 AM
My sister used to say the same thing, then she actually sat down and watched it and now loves it. I myself like the series. The characters, well most of them anyway, have depth to them. They are all 3D and with pasts that cause them to act the way they do.

As for Sasuke being emo, well, what happened if your relative destroyed the rest of your family and was forced to watch them slaughter your parents (assuming you love them). I'm not a huge Sasuke fan but he has his reason to avenge-I don't thin that is emo (he isn't crying wishing HE was dead).

There are a few things I wish was different in Naruto, but what can we do, it's not like we can do much to change what was already written and published.

Doom85
12-07-2007, 09:47 AM
It's a good series, and I still enjoy it. But yeah, I guess if you're looking for something bloodier, you should look elsewhere. I prefer story and character development, and Naruto still delivers in that aspect IMHO.

I think the OP is way off though. If you think Naruto is the worst scripted cartoon around, you clearly haven't been watching Nickelodeon (outside of Avatar).

Besides, I might treat the complaints against Naruto more seriously, if 90% of them weren't simply:

-"I watched a few random episodes, and I didn't get what was going on! Stupid!" (are you serious? All story-driven shows should be watched in order!)
-"It's watched by many people, so I MUST hate it!" (tons of people like pizza, you gonna stop eating that too? LOL)
-"That 'Believe it!' kid is lame!" (that's only the dub, and they haven't said it since episode 26)
-"Sasuke is emo!" (right, because most kids who lose all their family and friends should be expected to be upbeat about life)

Not saying ALL the complaints are like that, but most are, and it kinda makes me wonder if people hate this show without even giving it a fair chance.

Gjallarhorn
12-07-2007, 10:43 AM
badly animated series in my life.

You can say what you want about the series, but, it's far from being poorly animated. Sure, in it's filler arcs it cut down on the per-episode budget a bit, but for the majority of the time, the animation was good, with the standard jumps in quality in certain episodes.

Buruku
12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
These are some reasons why people like Naruto:

It's a Shonen fighting series, the point of it is to watch Ninjas get into fights. I don't watch it a lot, but I hear the filler is pretty gay, but if you're actually watching the fights then it's fine.

People love having their own character to identify with and cheer for, and Naruto has a ton of different ones. I think this is a huge reason why so many people like it, it gives them a bunch of characters to idolize.

Also, you have to give Naruto props for actually killing off characters and NOT bringing them back.

Naruto is like the perfect show for kids to freak out about, so it's not really surprising. I'm not saying its great, but it's easy to see why so many people hype it up.

SuXrys
12-07-2007, 01:24 PM
harsh harsh harsh harsh.... Why people like to watch Naruto? Well, people maybe have different taste? :D And THAT, my fellow member, is a splendid thing, just imagine a world full of the same style of anime? Huh, how boring! :Bump:

RyanSAC
12-07-2007, 02:24 PM
I agree with SuXrys 100%

Evilspike2
12-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I did watch them in order, episode 1-5.. Honestly, i hated it.. ALSO i watched the subbed version, Iunno maybe i just need blood gore violence and cute..

Nespa
12-07-2007, 03:21 PM
hmmm i watched naruto for a while, the story is slow, there are more flashbacks than really necesary if ya ask me. and it has the standaard triangle hyper boy with bad temper, emo kid with bad past and silly overly cute weak girl that has the hots for the emo kind even though she does not seem to get it through her big skull that he will not choose her.

naruto was fun on a rainy day but i am not much of oh god i love sasuke or naruto honestly i think chouji has more personality than them. but eberyone has his own taste. some say it's horrible others say it's great.

Souhi
12-08-2007, 08:53 AM
I personally love the first series, but the second series, Naruto Shippuden, was pure crap. The series just needs to end somewhere.

Part I had more charm. I'll give you that much. But most of the events in it culminated in Shippuden (Akatsuki, Sasuke's defection, the Bijuus etc). Darker tones, maturing characters, and a very interesting antagonist. I personally think Part II is quite good.

Naruto is not only well exposed, but as Buruku mentioned, it's got all the elements of a hyper addictive anime series for grade schoolers to early high schoolers. Ninjas, monsters and spirits, explosions and the typical underdog character are a surefire formula for that audience. Similar to what the Dragonball series was to me.

As for the 12 year old thing, most Shonen anime series tend to be pretty ridiculous with ages. 10-14 is like the prime age range for saving the world and becoming ninja. It works.

And Xero covered the animation thing. Especially in battle sequences, the animation quality is excellent (ex. the recent puppet battle with Sasori, amazingly animated).

RyanSAC
12-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I did watch them in order, episode 1-5.. Honestly, i hated it.. ALSO i watched the subbed version, Iunno maybe i just need blood gore violence and cute..

You only watch episodes 1-5?

Those are like the introduction episodes...you'll have to watch the series all the way through to understand the Characters and what not.

But, I guess we all have our different taste in anime.

nickholeye14
12-08-2007, 03:05 PM
i love that show and i used to be the same way till i set through episodes 1-20 or some-thing like that and now that i know the story, i like it. and another reason (forgot how to spell that) i think i ( and other people) like the show so much is after getting to know the Characters you can relate to at least one of them. i know that i act like shiamaru and when i had my brother and best friend wacth it they told me that i was like him without me saying it.
but like RyanSac said "I guess we all have our different taste in anime."
and that is so true.

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
12-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Jeez, I'd agree with you if you had proved your points better. I'm not that big of a fan of Naruto, but it's a lot deeper than you make it out to be.

Don't even bother bringing yaoi into this, if you have the right to put an image in your signature, than yaoi fans have the right too.

nickholeye14
12-08-2007, 03:29 PM
what is yaio may i ask?

space cowboy
12-10-2007, 04:19 PM
man on man anime sex

and this is with 12 year olds, im sorry but if u dont find that offensive then theres something wrong with you.

and in answer to the rest of your replys just as poeticly put as SuXrys put it....i dont care :P

RyanSAC
12-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Well, we're not taking about "Yaio".

We're talking about the anime itself.

GreenTeaHyuuga
12-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Before I started watching Naruto, I thought it was crap too. My sisters constantly told me I should watch it and I kept dissing it. But finally on one magical day of sunshine and yayness, I decided I should start watching it a little and give it a chance. So, I did. And now it's my favourite anime. And I learned a very important lesson: Never judge an anime before you sit down and watch a few episodes. *nod* There's much more to it than just "12-year-olds beating each other up". ^^;

inOue
12-10-2007, 09:23 PM
yaoi?? i don't think so..

Variados
12-11-2007, 07:03 AM
Naruto, I do not like it, but it kills time...O_o time I do not have. But Anyways Naruto is not all bad, it got its good twist and deaths...I will say too predictable that is what is bad about Naruto, too predictable. Also the flash backs, they are so annoying...stop NO MORE FLASHBACKS please..heehehe. I seem like 120 episodes, I stopped watching it because it is predictable, and does not have what I am looking for an anime, I might pick it up later given the case that it is still recording on my DVR....bow to the DVR...hahaha. I just do not like the story line that much..it is like too many unnecessary twists... Annyways, I see you got fruits basket in your signature...so yeah...you should leave alone people who has pictures of Naruto alone.....yep I mean comparing Naruto and Fruits Basket ( I know they are not related, and we are not hating On fruits basket, but I want to point some thing out) are totally completely different. So, some people will say the same thing about fruits basket...the way you expressed about Naruto. Yeah, yeah, fruits basket is a good show...and the manga is way better. But anyways, Naruto feels different interests on people compare to Fruits Baskets. So yeah, you are being very critical...harsh... Naruto is not the best...I prefer Baki The Grappler, YAY than Naruto, but I like some characters in Naruto, I like the idea of Ninjas, except in the anime go to another level...i always have prefered Samurais anyways...[I bet, I end up saying anything after all this] In conclusion, Naruto is good, not gread nor bad. It is just plain simple to entertain, and hardly to make you have some critical thinking in progress...unless you do not see the outcome of a fight...O_o repeatable and predictable...

TheAsterisk!
12-13-2007, 10:46 AM
I watch Naruto all the time, but not because it's any good...It's not even competent.
Naruto is only fun because I make wisecracks the whole time I'm watching it (Neji walks on screen and I scream "Helter Skelter," Ino walks on screen and I observe that she has only bandages- no pants, Naruto looks like he got lost on Mt. Everest, Rock Lee is an owl that can turn his head 180 degrees, etc.).
It is not only disgraceful (to a (literally) laughable extent), it's horribly unoriginal. Most of the characters' personalities are blatantly stolen from older manga/anime.
If anyone has the chance to read the concept story (I know it's in the Dec. '07 Shonen Jump), do it. It's so much better than the current manga/anime I feel confused as to why it was not continued instead of pursuing the current Technicolor-Ninja mess.
Naruto and Co. are popular because people are inexplicably appologetic for the series's flaws.
Naruto, as both the series and as the character, has no merit.