PDA

View Full Version : Do you get carried away?

Eris
12-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Some times it happens to me. I can start doing something in the morning, then by noon I get hungry, but then I think "Hmm, what if I were to tinker a bit with this aspect..." and then forgot I was hungry. Then later I'm usually puzzled why it's gotten so dark all of the sudden, and I look at the clock, and it's midnight, and I realized I spent all day working on my project, forgetting to eat and do stuff I'm supposed to have gotten done.

Like today, I spent 10 hours working on a ternary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ternary_computer) virtual (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Machine) 6502 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6502)-clone (if you pardon the technicalities).

Do you ever get carried away with stuff you're doing? Completely loosing track of time, just spending hours upon hours working on some project?

Beast
12-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Well I remember me and my cousin got carried away playing Xbox Live. He was supposed to be at work and I was supposed to be home at a certain time and we spent the better part of 7 hours playng. Finally standing up felt weird. He didn't get in trouble for being late because his boss was late too, I didn't get in crap because atleast this time my mother knew where I was =P

overwatch
12-05-2007, 04:03 PM
All the time; give me a new book by one of my favourite authors, and I will stay awake until it is finished - though I usually stop to eat something halfway through, don't want to get marks on a new book ;).
New things and projects will do this to me - some of my modeling experiments with greenstuff and warhammer take hours of non-stop attention to finish - a break is not an option if I want the putty to remain soft to modle.
The only other things that do this to me are new sets of DVDs (mostly new anime at the momet) a new series and I will sit and watch until it is over - then have to do the whole thing again, because I was too tired to remember the ending with any clarity

Knuffle Bunny
12-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Once, I was going to put away some clothes. I sat on the bed, and just zoned out ina few seconds. I literally sat on that bed for an hour. I don't even remember if I blinked! [I probably did x3] My mom found me just gazing at the wall. I think she was scared. >.<

jewel2sparkle
12-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh yes...definitely. On instant messenger, I will talk and talk and talk and 3 hours later, I haven't even started that 10 page paper thats due tomorrow.

Music Fiend
12-05-2007, 04:33 PM
I do get carried away sometimes. I am a perfectionist in some aspects - language and voice when I am writing stories, poems, or papers; doing programming; recording and writing songs; playing through games (I just HAVE to double check that wall and take in all of my surrounds..do everything there is to be done)...so on and so forth.

At times, I get caught staring far off into space...bored...wondering about the world...day dreaming.

And then, admittedly, I have gotten carried away with my tendency to flirt, in the past. -.-; The Peanut Gallery in Chat have their fun with that fact.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
12-05-2007, 04:33 PM
I get carried away on Video Games, Painting my Warhammer army, DnD, all that oh and of course, History reading up things online....

Jose
12-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Yes, expect when it comes down to homework i try to do everything i can so I don't do it at all im very lazy when it come down it so i guess not

Hanzo_DarkIce
12-05-2007, 04:49 PM
i get carried away alot when some one talks to me about video games i like... i start sounding like a video game freak....lol.....its sad really..cuze i wont stop talking about it....

Buruku
12-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I have to be really engrossed with something for that to happen. It's happened while scrapbooking, or playing video games. But I normally don't lose track of time for too long.

SuXrys
12-05-2007, 04:57 PM
I always get carried away, I am a day-dreamer! :D

Reniti
12-05-2007, 05:00 PM
No matter how much I suck, I really lose my time drawing. BLELLELELEEK. I'll start over about three times, and it'll still turn out bad. Anyways, I'll be just done with the head/mid body up and I'll look at the clock, and an hour's passed.

Manhattan_Project_2000
12-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I do very frequently. Usually on the interwebs-surfing, but with video games and things of that nature too.

DOOM!
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Yes, i do that every 10 minutes now and then. Helps me forget i'm actually working and teleports me directly to Quitting Time. The only problem is that, when at home, it also teleports me directly to WakeUp-and-go time.

Derrick Remon
12-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Once, I was going to put away some clothes. I sat on the bed, and just zoned out ina few seconds. I literally sat on that bed for an hour. I don't even remember if I blinked! [I probably did x3] My mom found me just gazing at the wall. I think she was scared. >.<

I know exactly what you mean! I was in my bed and I totally spaced out looking up at the ceiling! I swore the last thing I remembered was laying down. =O

Ollie
12-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Like today, I spent 10 hours working on a ternary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ternary_computer) virtual (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Machine) 6502 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6502)-clone (if you pardon the technicalities).
DORK.:D

I get carried away when it comes to artwork. I get too into an illustration, and suddenly 2 hours has whizzed by!

foxkit2409
12-05-2007, 05:23 PM
I have issues when I'm drawing something....I'll start at let's say 1pm, and stop at 3 the next morning-_-

Hell patrol
12-05-2007, 05:25 PM
yes video games talking many others that i cant remember

Gizoku
12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
:3 I do that when I play video games, draw or do a big homework assignment. Its kind of dissapointing actually...looking outside and see the days almost over, especially if its during the weekend.

Regex
12-05-2007, 06:14 PM
It happens to me all the time. I can wake up at 0900 one morning and make the decision that I'm going to start prototyping a fun application idea I have been thinking of..

Next thing I know, it's 0700 the next day, and my prototype is more like a beta, and all I've had to eat is a glass of wine.

Actually having friends in the local area really minimized that. They would suggest we get something to eat, reminding me that it's lunch or dinner time.

Tetsanosuke
12-05-2007, 06:32 PM
WoW.

'Nuff said. >.>

Or at least on good days.. Like when I can actually connect! >.<

CyraXZero
12-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Video games o.o i go like "10 mins more and THEN i go to sleep"
next thing i know it's almost school X3

I never forget to eat though xD

CrimsonMoon
12-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah, video games take half of my days. But I don't really lose the track of time, just carried away and absorbed. Also happens when I surf the net. Enough said.

Memento Mori
12-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I ended up playing a video game for an entire hour, and never got to my homework. Also, I started recording shows, and suddenly recorded every little thing I watched.

Yuuki Kurosu
12-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Hmm...I am on the PC for a breif moment checking to see what I missed at school and then next thing you know I have been on for 6 hours <.< >.>
Heh-heh! ^^ Also I have issues when it comes to drawing, I start a pic and it is oh let's say around 9 o'clock, I look at my cell and it is like 12-3 the next day. Lol. Then there are many other things but I could type on for days x3 Lolz. ( Isn't carried away with explaining stories, oh yeah, go me. Lolz. )

Masali
12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Start playing guitar at 12 noon...suddenly it's 7:30 PM and I'm like well **** I just wasted my day but not really cause I was awesome.

harakiri
12-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Yes I have. Sometimes when I'm reading or playing video games I loose track of time. I forget to eat and when I finally stop playing I realize I'm hungry.

Snowscala_Xx
12-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Well, when you over do it on online chatting and mmropgs it really can burn your time and kill your life and not to mention you start letting your self go.. =] hehe thats right up my alley..most of the time i get carried away editing pictures or fixing up my myspace page. the feeling of getting something done and making it great is such a great feeling that its addicting.. well thats how i look at it. =] hee.

King_Shadow89
12-06-2007, 09:25 AM
I lose track of time all the time on the computer and the PS2.Like yester day I told my self that I was only going play the PS2 for 30 minutes. Well about ten hours later at night I realized that it was dark.

Pkmn Trainer
12-06-2007, 09:52 AM
I have gotten carried away but I try not to let it get TO out of hand..lol.

Myrra
12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Not really. Forgetting to eat, I do all the time. I just tend to get distracted by bright shiny objects and forget that I'm hungry.
I've never gotten so involved with something that I completely forget about all that's around me for an entire day or more. A few hours here or there, but that's usually due to a sewing project or a good book.

[Boolean]
12-06-2007, 03:09 PM
All the time...usually when working on drawings or websites. Sometimes I won't even go to the bathroom, which is, of course, unhealthy. Oh, how I wish that my classes were like that...

DOOM!
12-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Forget to eat? Never! Forget NOT to eat, maybe. I usually grab something and eat/chew it at least every half an hour.
This reminds me of that song, "Forget to Remember" by Mudvayne.

starrenite
12-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Ever heard the story about the body snatchers?

Guess I shouldn't tell you, you might get carried away.
*kneeslap*

MomijiTMO
12-09-2007, 02:32 AM
I only lose track of time on things that don't really matter. For example, reading books, playing games, checking up on forums, watching anime.

I wish I could do that for study. It would be awesome.

Fabala
12-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Oh God yes.

I am the reigning queen of "I'll just be a minute doing _____" and then getting lost for the next three hours. Drove my family mad, and now my poor hubby ^^ Though at least he has learned to interpret my usual "I'll just hop on the computer for a minute" for its actual meaning of "I wonder if I really need to sleep tonight..."

███
12-09-2007, 04:59 AM
Shame it doesn't seem to happen to me when I am busy at work.

dream magician
12-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Oh,yes,i get carried everytime!!!
mostly in my likes and when i'm in the surge of my feelings,
they say that i talk and shout of things whenever i'm angry,and when they ask me about,i don't recall a single thing.

Perpetual Specter
12-09-2007, 03:18 PM
I get carried away talking on the phone with my best friend.We talk for hours and hours every time,even till the battery goes low on the phone.XD

Guerrera
12-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Before: I got carried away by being on AF and alab wayyy too much.

After: Yesterday I got carried away by reading a book for EIGHT HOURS straight. (Yes it was that good. It's called Twilight by Stephanie Meyer). I'm like Yomiko Readman from R.O.D. Once I get on a book, I can't stop 'til I'm done.

However, I still remember to pause in between to actually BATHE, brush, and eat as I am supposed to. Hygiene is important, people.

.... burn on the nerds, no?

Variados
12-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Yes, I get carried away at staring at the wall. I wonder how do I do that....not good I tell you. You seem like you skip life or time passes to fast.

Hypergraphian
12-10-2007, 03:15 AM
yes, at work I normally am so busy that I use up my lunch hours completing work for tight deadlines. Its bad practice and screws around with your internal organs resulting in bad gastric problems and stomach ulcers. Some people are luckier than others and don't suffer these symptoms, but others like me are not. Hence I've quit my job and started looking for something else to do that doesn't jeopardize my health or require me sacrificing my life for the sake of money.... which will be of no use to me if I'm dead.

Saiyuko
12-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Yep.Plenty of times.I sometimes tend to get in-depth into something and I usually forget to eat and other things.-__-;

The Wing Man
12-10-2007, 10:00 PM
I do all the time.

zyronet
12-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Yep, sometimes. Like the times when I am so determined at something I want to finish and you want to see the final product of your work and effort. Like when I was working in my very first CG. And also.. probably reading books too.

Aizmov
12-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Unfortunately I'm time conscious, I can't get carried away.

AngelxWithin
01-04-2008, 08:53 AM
All I have to say is....

Yes, yes I do.

clowangel
01-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Hmm.. I never really lose track of time seeing as I never plan on doing things with my time. @@;

poison.ivy
01-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Almost every time I log in this site ^.^. Generally, when I surf the Net or play that two computer games I sometimes play. And when I start doing something I really really wanna do right now, like if I feel like going throw my clothes, I'll be stuck in my closet for hours...

gaburieru
01-04-2008, 01:46 PM
I wish I could do stuff like this! I have major concentration problems...

PanzerJager
01-04-2008, 02:34 PM
I do very frequently. Usually on the interwebs-surfing, but with video games and things of that nature too.

(At the risk of sounding stupid) Ditto..

Elphaba
01-04-2008, 04:23 PM
sometimes i do get carried away. but never where it occupies my whole day. i always try to pry myself away
with what i am doing.

Princess Cupcake
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM
A lot, actually. The snooze button. Ha. Yeah. Some other stuff too but nothing I can think of right now.

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-19-2008, 05:17 PM
I was playing naruto ultimate ninja 2.

I was only going to play for an hour.

Then I ended up playing for 6 hours.

The End.

:3

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-31-2008, 11:02 PM
All the time! I get carried away on AF. Someone told me that doctors recommend a limit of 2 hours on the computer and tv, I say, phooey to that! I'm always on the computet and tv for more than 2 hours a day(in some cases, make that a whole day!).

.Lovebeat
02-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Same here. I get carried away by surfing on the net, playing games, watching anime and a lot more. I don't really care about the time I spend unless I know I got something more important to do.

Gaarademon
02-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Pretty much all the time for me
with everything I do too (exept for schoolwork)

Aki no iko
02-01-2008, 05:05 PM
I get carried away in arguments. I make it worse than it really is without knowing it.

I also get carried away playing solitaire. I could play that game for hours and not realize it.

Velvet_Nightmare
02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I get carried away all the time. Usually it's with video games, especially online ones, but at times I can be working on a project that I really can't ignore and the hours will fly by like seconds.

Golden State Warrior
02-01-2008, 08:05 PM
When I played World of Warcraft on workdays (I was treading on dangerous ground, I know), I always tell myself, "Look, man. you have to work the next day, so just log in, take care of a couple of quests, and log off. All of a sudden it's three in the morning, and I have to get up at six. I'm thinking, "How did two quests take six hours?"

...Then, realizing I'm not going to get sleep, I just keep playing until six.

~*Red*~
02-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm always getting carried away with being on the computer and also AF. I'll be on here for nearly the while day, then I'll realize it's dinner time.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
02-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Hm, not in projects, but with the comp/net. Yup...I did try not eating and stayed on the comp for the whole day. =_=
And, sometimes I get carried away reading my manga books, like I have a lust for it if I really like it, and sometimes anime, like, I've just got to keep moving on.

Kawairashii hikari
02-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Yup whenever I get on the internet, start reading a new book, or when I start drawing. I could spend hours and hours on either one of those things but not realize that those hours are going by quickly. So, I get carried away with it.
LOL. Does that make sense?

MissChelly
02-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Ohhhh yes. Especially when I'm painting something, sewing, or trying to fix something... It'll be maybe 10am and I'll keep going- lunch pops up and I'll shrug it off because I want to get -whatever- finished and if I'm on a roll, why stop? lol... then comes nightfall, I finish, and I'm kinda shakey only to realize I haven't eaten all day. O_O

That also happens when I play video games or am on the internet, BUT much more so on something that really grabs me and needs my full attention to work/finish. I don't like setting things down and doing them later. lol.