PDA

View Full Version : Chevalier - Le Chevalier d'Eon Thread

veu
12-04-2007, 03:52 PM
I love too much "Chevalier - Le Chevalier d'Eon" anime and manga!

Do you know this series?

It's very original!

For me this series is one of the better anime I've never see.

darkjester
12-04-2007, 03:54 PM
I've heard of this and I actually want to see it.
What is the main plot of the show?

jewel2sparkle
12-04-2007, 03:55 PM
It got the best anime of 2007 according to Wizard's Anime Insider magazine. I was a little shock because I have never ever heard of it. I guess it's worth checking out though....

veu
12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Here the plot from wikipedia:

In the beginning was the Word. Those were the days when King Louis XV ruled... Versailles shone in all its glory, and upon the course of the Seine, flourished the city of Paris, pervaded by beauty and chaos. Time changes everything. Only the words remain. That is why I, D'Eon de Beaumont, tell the story of myself, and my comrades who believed in the spirit of France. I shall relate the events which ended an era, and of the woman's body found floating in the Seine. Her name was Lia de Beaumont. My elder sister.
The story takes place in the 18th Century, on the eve of the French Revolution. It is the era of King Louis XV. Versailles glitters and its full glory and the great river Seine sees beautiful Paris in a ghastly chaos. One day at dawn, a lady's body is found in a casket floating along the Seine. Her name is Lia de Beaumont, and there is a mysterious word on the lid of the casket: PSALMS.
Lia's younger brother, D'Eon de Beaumont, is a member of the secret police and is investigating the mystery of a series of disappearance of young women. Now his sister has become one of the victims. And as D'Eon goes after the case, a history of taboos opens its door...
The story is loosely based on the historical figure Chevalier d'Eon, who lived in the middle of 18th Century pre-revolution France under the reign of Louis XV.
In reality D'eon was a man who claimed to be born female. Later he disgused himself as a woman known as Lia de Beaumont in order to become closer to the queen.

elementalgerad94
12-23-2007, 07:12 PM
yeah I have watched some episodes

Antares
12-23-2007, 07:32 PM
I loved this anime so much, than now every time I watch a new one, I say: "It's not good enough!" and stop watching it.

I just don't have enough words to describe how much I liked it.

monkieezdaLAdzz
12-24-2007, 02:12 AM
i love this anime but how many seasons are there ive seen the first season which is awsome && the twists are kool as well

Amuro112
01-22-2008, 04:50 PM
yea this anime is very epic easily the best anime in 2007
the story and the character are so well done. The battle scene is also very detailed and realistic.
The sounds are pretty well done also