PDA

View Full Version : cant see kanji charecters

AiKirika
12-03-2007, 09:29 AM
i have problems to see kanji charecters at all
all i see is ?????????????

can someone tell me how can this problem be solved??

also i would like to ask if there is any way that i myself write in kanji e.g. in MSWord or also here...
what should be changed on my pc that i can write it but not shows me everything in kanji??

Ertai87
12-03-2007, 12:08 PM
If you're using a Windows XP computer, go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Settings -> Advanced and you should be able to install East Asian Languages (including Japanese). You'll then need to go back there to set up the Japanese input and add functionality to all programs. Word of warning: This may require an XP install CD, so make sure you have one handy.

MistressPookyChan
12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
There is also a link in the links sticky that has a tutorial on how to see and use Japanese characters. :)

AiKirika
12-04-2007, 02:16 PM
thank you for your big help!!!:thanks:

now i can see and write kanji
though i cant read it..:p

アリガト
... i hope thats right!

Ertai87
12-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Heh not quite, but nice try!

"Arigatou" (I can't write Kana on this computer since it's *technically* not mine and I don't have an XP CD) is generally written in Hiragana (you wrote Katakana) and also has an extra "u" character at the end for the extended "o" It's difficult to explain in text since the english would be the same for both, but it's like the difference between "toh" and "tooh". Japanese is very particular about that sort of thing. For example, Japanese has "kite", "kiite", and "kitte". "Kite" is the polite order form of either the verb "to cut" (kiru) or the verb "to come" (kuru) (there are probably at lease 3 or 4 other verbs that also become "kite", but that's all I know off the top of my head). "Kiite" (with elongated "i") is the polite order form of the verb "kiku" (to hear). "Kitte" means "postage stamp". You have to be very careful with your pronunciation in Japanese.

AiKirika
12-05-2007, 08:05 AM
thanks for the explanation! :D
i try to remember!

im very interested in japanese but im not learning it... maybe im gonna learn it when ive finished school next year!

ありがとう i hope this time im right! :p

Ertai87
12-05-2007, 02:33 PM
thanks for the explanation! :D
i try to remember!

im very interested in japanese but im not learning it... maybe im gonna learn it when ive finished school next year!

ありがとう i hope this time im right! :p

That's the one :D