PDA

View Full Version : Your Teachers/Professors

Aleyna
11-28-2007, 02:41 PM
i am so relieved that i have finished my finals!
i had so much homework and studying on my own b-day
this made me think of the topic

who is your favorite and least(most annoying) favorite teacher/professor that you have ever had or are having?

if you have any memories or funny stories id like to know

anyways my favorite teacher is either my english or my html computer teacher

my english teacher always makes fun of me bringing in my manga books to his class, cause i got 1/2 of the class addicted to my shojo collection
funniest thing is that my english teacher's wife is japanese

i also love my html teacher cause shes young and understand our humour
lol she knows all of the old skool rap
i remember going on this site and playing skee-lo's song i wish that hatake posted in some video threaded
and here comes my teacher jumping out from behind me dancing and singing to the chorus of that song XDD

my least favorite teacher is my computer art teacher
i was hoping to learn how to use photoshop but i didn't learn anything from he,r cause she talks soooo damn long about each lesson that she never gives us any time to work on our computer homework in class >_<
her voice also sounds long and stuffed up
its funny cause she was gone for a whole week to have sinus surgery on her nose haha!
everyone was so happy when she was gone cause she was gone for a whole week ^_^

SuXrys
11-28-2007, 02:47 PM
I think that my history teacher is great. He is so funny (and fair)! :D
He always asks if I want to see a movie (used to ask that all-the-time!) and I and the rest of the class still thinks its fun. you have to been there to understand :D The only teacher I hate is my sociaty teacher, he is just annoying me in all ways that its possible.

But hey, off the topic maybe, I am going to be a teacher after im done with school! :duck:

Masali
11-28-2007, 02:47 PM
I really don't like any of my teachers =/

My religion teacher is a closed minded idiot (which is kind of in the job description)

My Physics teacher is the anti-christ

My homeroom teacher is a dress code nazi

My Math teacher just kind of goes on youtube during class and doesn't teach (which I don't mind...)

My Gym teacher is a pedophile

My Computer Science teacher is also a pedophile

The only teacher I ever liked was my history teacher.

Ami~chan
11-28-2007, 03:59 PM
I like all my professors, except for one old hag. Whenever she says something, and no one will say anything, she'll said "Taylor wants to argue with me. I know she does. What do you say this time?"

I don't understand her agressiveness. I've never been disrespectful or crude, but I've always done what she's told us to do, which is voice our opinions. And normally, we disagree. I always tell her my thoughts respectfully, but she takes them so badly. And if I don't say anything, she'll do the little routine I mentioned above.

I can't help I disagree with her crazy ideas. She once told us that Franklin D. Roosevelt had a whole lot in common with Hitler, and that 9/11 and Pearl Harbor were done by the U.S. government, and that there's a whole lot of evidence that suggests the Holocaust never occured. Esta loco!

DOOM!
11-28-2007, 04:01 PM
My least favorites:
Religion teacher(from first grade) - son of a ...*, he ruined my perfect straight 10 streak on my report booklet by giving me a 9
French teacher - I CAN'T SPEAK FRENCH TODAY
1st German teacher - she was old and mean
2nd German teaher - she was young, sexy and mean
Romanian teacher - for being a fat, bald, apathetic bastard
Math teacher - for making me hate math

Favorite teachers:
1st Biology teacher - first time i ever had a crush on a teacher and didn't even realize it, how strange
high-school Anathomy teacher - for not being a spoil-sport
3rd Geograpy teacher - she called me lucky, immagine that
Great Teacher Onizuka - i liked it when he took off his stinkin sock to scare off the mean girls

* Man, i was the best! The leader of the first trimester in the whole school! But He made the others laugh at me because i thought i was right over him. I never led again...

CrimsonMoon
11-28-2007, 06:07 PM
My favourites:
A. Maths: even though he sucked at teaching, he was very sporting, always treating us to food
History: she had a soft voice and very mellow
Maths: I owe her my thanks for passing but I still loathe maths
My least favourites:
Geo: she gave lots of assignments and forced me to do corrections repeatedly till it was perfect. Her high pitch voice was annoying
Arabic: she was mean.

Beast
11-28-2007, 06:14 PM
My favourite teacher.... Probably Mr Viherjoki (I was like the only one other than him who could spell his last name without trouble) back in grade 10. Had him for science, I was passing that class easy and he never gave me trouble for falling asleep in class after I was done my work. I scored a 94% on the exam (woo)

Antares
11-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Now that I remember, they are all from school... I don't miss it but I sure miss them ;-;

Favorite Teachers:
- Biology: He's very kind and friendly, knows how to teach (and doesn't scare you off the subject). He also has a deep voice, he speaks with eloquency... and I had a crush on him
- History: It was sad that I met her on my last year. I have no words to describe her, she's that awesome.
- Spanish: At first I hated that witch (no, really, she looked like one... she was just missing the hat and the broom), but all her (and mine) efforts paid off. She may not have a nice way of dealing with students, but now in college when I read some of my friends papers I can't stop myself from asking: "Don't you know how to write? No, seriously, how did you get here?"

Hated Teachers:
- Math: He may be smart, but he was no teacher. I used to think that he was evil, but now I think he's pathetic.
- Civic: He's not a bad person... just very boring.

Twig Ee
11-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Social Studies- i like her and She's nice but likes homework
LA-Funny and Nice
GYM-Nice
Math-Favorite
Spanish- Ok
Science- OK
IA- I like her

I like all my teachers because they are all nice

Kawairashii hikari
11-28-2007, 07:08 PM
my favorite teachers are my:
Drawing teacher: Mr. Burroughs
and
my Art teacher: Ms. Wilson

!!! there SO awesome, and they're SO funny! Plus we're not ever bored in their class at all, we're always doing something interesting. ^_^

Acnologia
11-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Like:
Religion: Shes nice, too nice sometimes, and shes very trusting.
Math: He was just funny.
Art: Pretty chilled out guy, you can talk to him in any way and he won't care.

Don't like:
English - Hes insane, seriously.

lovelicious
11-28-2007, 07:53 PM
My favorite teachers :
*Danish : she is awesome. She cares a lot to us, and she knows how to teach and treat the students well.
*Math : he is funny, though a bit stubborn.

My least favorite teacher :
I don't really know. Perhaps Biology. He acts like he knows everything and he is such a boring person --_--

PanzerJager
11-28-2007, 07:59 PM
I have only liked my history teachers (with some exeptions) for some reason.. they are just cooler for some reason.:closedeye

zyronet
11-29-2007, 07:32 AM
-Filipino Teacher [She's basically awesome, never gets tired of her lessons.]
-Math Teacher [Since she's like that teacher in Gokusen... Err.. cause she makes Math easier. Shortcuts!!]

Hates:
-None. Well.. I do hate some of my teachers' way of teaching. Especially those styles which are boring and sleepy-type.

Eris
11-29-2007, 10:27 AM
I don't take courses in parallel, and only really study maths and physics, so the format of this thread doesn't suit my education.

However, the lecturer I have right now is a hair-pulling experience. He's mediocre when he's teaching in Swedish, but this course we have foreign exchange students that don't understand Swedish, so he teaches in English. Which would be okay, since my English is good enough, HOWEVER, his English... it's such an epic failure. It's long gone beyond bad, terrible, even atrocious and into "Crime against humanity" and "How can the Geneva Convention allow this?!!"-territory.

LiLi.
11-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Favorite Teachers:
Graphics Teacher: She's very nice and patient.
Last Years History and Geographys teacher. Hes very nice and funny, he always tells stories that relates to the subject we're learning.
Maths Teacher: He's very entertaining. Always tells stories...but doesnt relate to the subject lawl.

Least Favorite Teachers:
English Teacher: the english teacher i have now is a training teacher, she sucks, badly. Honestly..

Ari_86
11-29-2007, 10:44 AM
History teacher!! Mr.Craner is my favorite. Well at first when I saw him I made up this stupid name Mr.Fruiety! Ok it was mean but he looked at wierd and freaky but hes pretty sweet now. Hes a great teacher and he really helps me alot with history it used to be my worst subject now its my favorite and its easy.

Fiery
11-29-2007, 11:38 AM
I absolutely love my Art History professor. Dr. Medicus' speciality is getting his students to remember certain aspects of movements by making sex, drug, party, and homoerotic comparisons to almost everything. He's an extremely entertaining lecturer, and very charismatic.

He's a tenured professor, and he knows the material forwards, backwards, sideways, diagonally, and upside down. Even though he makes crude references about humanity throughout history (which is not entirely uncalled for), you can still tell his carries an immense respect for the subject.

A+

Gizoku
11-29-2007, 04:27 PM
My favorite teacher has got to be Ms. A [clay] She's awsome and can relate to any problems anybody's having, [and she's going through school herself xD]
My least would have to either be Mr. Sickmiller...[he smells like parmesan cheese D: really condensed] or Mr. Corbet, nice guy, good teacher, picks favorites wayy to much.

jewel2sparkle
11-29-2007, 05:31 PM
I have never had a teacher that I've liked. I know I should judge like this but I have started to think that I just don't like teachers in general. Oh well...

Overlord Darth Fluffles
11-29-2007, 05:40 PM
I only have two favorite Teachers.

Mr. Holman. He's very open minded, likes to get philisophical. He's fun to talk with, he's a English Teacher, I had him fr Short Story...I want another one of his classes

And Mrs. Hruska. She is AWESOME, She is nice, good teacher. I had her for U.S History, Psychology and currently Sociology which I get to do a project on "The Battle of Guan Du" "Battleo of Red Cliffs", and the "Battle of Sekigahara". She's also lettime me do a Power Point on Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" for one of her classes.

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
11-29-2007, 08:51 PM
My favorite teacher is my science teacher Mr. Oz. He's the greatest XD! He always comes up with the craziest experiments XD! He's also the only one who understands my sarcasm o_O;. i also like my history teacher Ms. Shaw X3! She's really young for a teacher too o.o.

tishtashpoe
01-02-2008, 02:36 AM
My fave teacher at primary school was my year 1 teacher. Helped me with pronounciation.

My fave teacher at secondary school was my english teacher in years 10 and 11. Though my english teacher for year 9 was cool too XD

My fave college tutor is my two psychology teachers. Make the lesson enjoyable ^^

Elphaba
01-02-2008, 08:59 PM
i like all of them except there is one that i love the most.
my chemistry teacher: she is sweet, funny and is easy to get along with. she is one of my best friends and she knows it too.
i go to visit her whenever i can she always makes me smile even when i am having a bad day.
she is the first teacher i see in the morning so the day starts off awsome. she introduces me to teacher friends that she has and that makes an impression on them.
well i could talk about this forever but i will stop myself.

Memento Mori
01-02-2008, 09:36 PM
My least favorite teachers -

My preschool teacher, forgot her name. - She failed to realize that she was teaching and watching 4 and 5 year old children, not college students. If we were late to lunch, we had to beg for mercy.

Mrs. Thomas, 4th. - If you did one thing to piss her off, you were as good as dead. The only good experience I had in her class was the last day of school. She was that type of teacher that should have their own hunting season. I'd have her head hanging over my mantle.

One of those dumb lunch moniter teachers., 5th - If the level was at whisper, it was still too loud.

Again, one of those dumb lunch moniter teachers., 7th - Again, if the level is SILENCE, it's still too loud.

Mrs. Nash, 7th - I STILL have her. She's everyone's least favorite, which should tell you something. Her teaching style is boring, she expresses favoritism, she thinks we have no life, so she gives us a good amount of homework, and she seems to have no sense of humor.

Edit: I forgot my favorites, silly me.

Mrs. Faller, 1st. - She was fun, she was very calm, she didn't lose it if you did something wrong, and she treated us all fairly.

Mrs. Ramsey, 2nd. - She listened to each student's opinion, so she was very open-minded, and she was a very cheery teacher. But that was probably because she was getting married the year I had her. I still occasionally write to her.

Mrs. Graham, 5th. - She let us play a game called silent-speed ball every Friday. I always lost. But she always gave everyone candy anyone. She was nice, she treated us fairly, but sadly, I moved during the second 9 weeks to Florida. Boo hoo.

Mrs. Gifford, 5th - Even though we lived in a school in the ghetto (a very bad school), she kept her cool, she treated every student fairly, and she made sure every student actually learned something.

Mrs. Duvall (sp), 5th - She was very religious, and she was very kind, but she wasn't the type of teacher to take any crap. She saw potential in all her students.

Mrs. Nowak, 6th - I just liked her, she wasn't that type of teacher you could just hate.

Mrs. Fredrick, 7th - Great sense of humor, very nice, and makes sure we all get the subject. By far, my favorite teacher.