PDA

View Full Version : Demntium: The Ward

Opinionated
11-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Don't step in the stupid!

Seriously, this game is more annoying than scary. It's not scary. It's just a long monster shoot 'em up with randomly placed health and ammo and a downright sadistic save system. Monsters aren't scary. I know it takes two shots to kill this monster and three to kill that monster, and I have enough bullets. If I don't, I grumble and run around the room looking for an exit or bullets.

What's even more annoying is that they got it right in some places. In some areas, it's creepy and solitary, and you can really feel like you're sifting through the remains of this hospital and looking at this creepy diary pages and newspapers and stat sheets on the sides of the hall... then you go in the next room and there's some more monsters. Bam, bam, bam. Monster disappears. The monsters ruined the atmosphere of this game for me.

Also, you can only save at the start of each Chapter(level). You have to go through the entire level again, which is quite annoying.

In short: Buy this game if you want to shoot monsters. Don't buy it to be scared.