PDA

View Full Version : Misanthropic: Hatred for Humans

Shinn Kamiyra
11-23-2007, 08:24 AM
As the title implies, and for those of you do not know, to be misanthropic is to have a general hatred and scornfulness for human beings. This is a topic that I discovered while posting on another forum board, and I thought it would be interesting to see the kinds of reactions here on AF.

Do you believe yourself to be misanthropic? If so, how much? If not, then why?

I, myself, am not very misanthropic. I do not believe it in my nature to have such a powerful and unyielding hatred for people. This, of course, does not mean that I do not have times where I feel as like I truly hate someone, or where I feel as though I just want to turn my back on people. Though some moments are far and few between, they are there. However, I believe it is my choice not to follow through with such feelings that reflect my true desires.

What is it that causes one who hate people? One of the reasons I think, being a particularly strong one, is the sheer unwillingness for people to try and accept that they do not understand and fear. The actions born from such are a stronger catalyst for the hatred and dark emotions lurking within a human's heart more than most anything I've seen.

I'm very curious to hear about many of you think.

███
11-23-2007, 08:43 AM
If you were misanthropic, would that not mean you would feel likewise to yourself?

If so than why are you still alive?

Shinn Kamiyra
11-23-2007, 08:59 AM
If you were misanthropic, would that not mean you would feel likewise to yourself?

I don't think that, hypthetically, even if you did hate yourself, that doesn't necessarily mean that you'd want to die; some people find satisfaction in their existence by bringing the burden of their own hatred onto others.

♥Ichigo♥
11-23-2007, 11:30 AM
i think it sounds very strange. I strongly dislike a lot of people, but I only really hate one. If you are misanthropic, then would you belive yourself to be truly human? or another creature that looks the same, but you have nothing but contempt for humans?

Overlord Darth Fluffles
11-23-2007, 01:01 PM

Of course it would, I have the smae feelings for myself. And for your otehr question, I hope you DID think of possile answers, because this is mine, join the army, get to kill other humans without breaking the law. MEaning killing what you hate, then let yourself die when you're ready. It' al on destroying what you hate until you think it's timie for you to join them.

Eris
11-23-2007, 01:09 PM

As a reasonably misanthropic person, I view myself as superior to humans, therefore I can both be smug and love myself and hate humanity in one go.

niKopol
11-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Its kind of an everyday struggle for me. To keep from hating everyone and everything, because some..err.. most people are idiots. (I am no Einstein myself.) Which is why I stopped watching the news, most of TV in general. I try not to go out in public much. A restaurant messing up a simple order, a lady losing her kid, teenagers being teenagers trying to start something. SSDD. If it weren't for my friends on here and my friends in my town, I'd probably still be mean like I was back in the day and not let anything slide. I've gone deaf to the world around me. Heck, I used to hate myself for the tiniest little mistakes I'd make on a daily basis. I used have thoughts of suicide on a daily basis too. I guess I am a changed man... sorta...

Buruku
11-23-2007, 01:30 PM
I have my misanthropic moments, some days I really do hate people, but its usually just a few idiots that ruin things for the rest of the decent folk. I know there's a lot of genuinly good people, so I try to focus on the good ones instead of the bad. It keeps me in a better mood.

PanzerJager
11-23-2007, 01:43 PM
HAHA... I knew that Eris was going to post on this thread. It just seemed like his kind of thread :laugh:.. We already have Jack so all were missing is Sagat..

As for me.. It is more a general feeling of dislike that I feel towards most people. Not really hatred, although I have that too.

-Kitsune-
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Im not really misanthropic, but I do have days where I cant stand humanity or at least a few people in particular >.> In the world today, its been made very VERY easy to hate people, or at least be extremely annoying/irritated with them. George Bush is a great example of how stupid people stand out from the reasonably bearable and SOMEHOW gain power.

Aizmov
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Nope not at all, I have no hatred in my heart, there is a bit of dislike and envy, but that's human nature :)

George Bush is a great example of how stupid people stand out from the reasonably bearable and SOMEHOW gain power.

That was uncalled for, some of us here are right wing conservatives :)

Eris
11-23-2007, 01:55 PM
People make me feel like this:

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/tunnelofhorror.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2039)

Nephthys
11-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Of course it would, I have the smae feelings for myself. And for your otehr question, I hope you DID think of possile answers, because this is mine, join the army, get to kill other humans without breaking the law. MEaning killing what you hate, then let yourself die when you're ready. It' al on destroying what you hate until you think it's timie for you to join them.

Atlast!! the truth behind why we are a self - destructing race!!

Inamorata
11-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm not misanthropic. I dont like certain types of people. Never would I blame everyone just because some people out there choose to make hurtful and negative decisions. No one is perfect, but then again some people choose to make harmful choices just to use people. Or more so just for the enjoyment. Its sad, but yeah.... everyone is different. Without the bad we wouldnt be able to apperciate the good. Good people do exist.

Sagat
11-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Cannot believe I missed this topic. And I am in the perfect mood to write it as I have been dealing with idiots pretty much all day long. I do not want to hear any real rebuttals to what I am about to post, although I cannot stop them. Just know in advance that no, I do not care what you may think about me or my thoughts, so I will not respond to you if you write anything from a moral highpoint.

Yes, I am extremely misanthropic. I could go on for hours about the flaws and downfalls of humanity and only for minutes about their strengths and good points. I generally hate, and that is the word I would use, society in general.

For many years I couldn't really put focus to these thoughts, as a child I had a fascination with Hitler, because although I did not understand World War 2 or the reasons behind it all that much, I felt somehow that I related to him, even at the age of eight. Naturally this prompted a meeting with the school guidance councellor and my parents after I drew a picture of the world on fire and people goosestepping below it, and I was told how my feelings were wrong, not normal, that I had the problem. Even at that age I realized how phony and bogus it all was, so I merely lied and pretended to go along with them and I knew it was just a matter of biding my time.

Something I am still doing. Jack of Blades hit the nail on the familiar head. In the Army, you can kill humans without legal reprisal. You can kill many humans. But something that he left out which I feel important is that the Army, being the broken and rank obsessed system that it is, allows you to have tremendous power over other humans without debate. It is the perfect dictatorship. It is the reason why I joined, because Officers wield tremendous power and the rest merely fall in line.

There are times when I will stand on my balcony and visualize the whole area as far as I can see covered in flames. Cliche, but it brings joy to my heart and a smile to my face. I hate people. I hate them and their pathetic, mediocre lives and antics so much it makes me sick and I want them to suffer. I find it was only after I read Thus Spake Zarathustra, Beyond Good and Evil and The Anti-Christ did I finally have courage to admit this to myself instead of trying to deny it or listen to other people who were telling me I have depression or .. other issues. There is nothing wrong with me. In a world of insanity, it's dangerous to be sane.

[Boolean]
11-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I don't have a hatred for all human beings...just for a select few. I would probably be able to write about this in more detail if I were in a less calm mood, but I have a dislike for some of my family members (which will remain unnamed) that is stronger than tempered steel. I used to love them dearly, as any relative should, but gradually those feelings faded away, only to be replaced with anger and distrust. We'd fight, and fight...and later, when they wanted something, they'd come back and apologize, behaving as if nothing ever happened. I tired of this quickly...forgetting about forgiving them, ignoring them when I could, locking myself in rooms...yet, I've found this doesn't work, because in order for the rest of my pitiful life to move on, I have to leave those confinements and face them. So, instead, I just act neutral towards them; not caring, not hateful...just...quiet, as if they were some stranger I met on the street.

As for the rest of humanity, I try to be kind to those that befriend me. I occasionally get frustrated with them sometimes, but for the most part treat them nicely. I do favors for others, greet them, and listen to their stories and all of that in the same manner as some would define as normal

PanzerJager
11-23-2007, 04:04 PM
HAHA... I knew that Eris was going to post on this thread. It just seemed like his kind of thread :laugh:.. We already have Jack so all were missing is Sagat..

My prophesy is complete..

Eris
11-23-2007, 04:40 PM
My prophesy is complete..

Pfft, one of your thousands of ambiguous prophecies came true. After all these centuries, one or another are going to come true out of sheer coincidence. Doesn't mean you're "psychic" or "sent by God to lead humanity into paradise". Nothing to see here, move along.

CrimsonMoon
11-23-2007, 05:18 PM
No, I'm not a misantrophic person. In general, I don't hate society. However, it's pretty normal to dislike some people. And there are certain people that I truly loathe. But I've never thought of destroying all of human beings. I still think that lives are precious and it's not a light matter to take them away.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
11-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Cannot believe I missed this topic. And I am in the perfect mood to write it as I have been dealing with idiots pretty much all day long. I do not want to hear any real rebuttals to what I am about to post, although I cannot stop them. Just know in advance that no, I do not care what you may think about me or my thoughts, so I will not respond to you if you write anything from a moral highpoint.

Yes, I am extremely misanthropic. I could go on for hours about the flaws and downfalls of humanity and only for minutes about their strengths and good points. I generally hate, and that is the word I would use, society in general.

For many years I couldn't really put focus to these thoughts, as a child I had a fascination with Hitler, because although I did not understand World War 2 or the reasons behind it all that much, I felt somehow that I related to him, even at the age of eight. Naturally this prompted a meeting with the school guidance councellor and my parents after I drew a picture of the world on fire and people goosestepping below it, and I was told how my feelings were wrong, not normal, that I had the problem. Even at that age I realized how phony and bogus it all was, so I merely lied and pretended to go along with them and I knew it was just a matter of biding my time.

Something I am still doing. Jack of Blades hit the nail on the familiar head. In the Army, you can kill humans without legal reprisal. You can kill many humans. But something that he left out which I feel important is that the Army, being the broken and rank obsessed system that it is, allows you to have tremendous power over other humans without debate. It is the perfect dictatorship. It is the reason why I joined, because Officers wield tremendous power and the rest merely fall in line.

There are times when I will stand on my balcony and visualize the whole area as far as I can see covered in flames. Cliche, but it brings joy to my heart and a smile to my face. I hate people. I hate them and their pathetic, mediocre lives and antics so much it makes me sick and I want them to suffer. I find it was only after I read Thus Spake Zarathustra, Beyond Good and Evil and The Anti-Christ did I finally have courage to admit this to myself instead of trying to deny it or listen to other people who were telling me I have depression or .. other issues. There is nothing wrong with me. In a world of insanity, it's dangerous to be sane.

Small question. I heard if we join AFTER college we obtain the rank officer. I'm not sure if this is true, though I'd ask.

Nephthys
11-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Small question. I heard if we join AFTER college we obtain the rank officer. I'm not sure if this is true, though I'd ask.

You can if you are in ROTC or Reserve Officer Training Corps, I think it's a 4 year minimum in the program though I'm not sure.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
11-23-2007, 08:07 PM
You can if you are in ROTC or Reserve Officer Training Corps, I think it's a 4 year minimum in the program though I'm not sure.

Awwh if that's true to hell with that. I'd rather join and try to work my way up.

Acnologia
11-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I only dislike certain people, not the entire human race in general. I still love my family and friends, unless they don't count. Theres so many complete morons out there who you just want to kill, yet there are also some really amazing people. So I'm not really misanthropic.

People shouldn't down you for your opinion Sagat.

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-23-2007, 10:36 PM
I don't really feel strongly about humanity as a whole. The vast majority are stupid, worthless troglodytes unworthy of associating with, but once every couple tens of millions of people you come across one of such inordinate awesomeness that it almost makes up for all the worthless trash that surround them.

That said, I am more or less misanthropic, because of my deep mistrust of and misgivings for the sheep in men’s clothing. They are trying to kill me, which goes against my plans.

(No, I’m not being paranoid- I’m more pragmatic like Yossarian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yossarian) then straight paranoid.)

KuroTan
11-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Nah. I prefer to look at humanity in a positive light because if it's the other way around. I don't think I'd live everyday very well. It's just the way I was brought up.

███
11-23-2007, 11:50 PM

If I see you on the street, I am bailing.

I cannot think of all the possible answers, mainly cause I am not misanthropic.

Do you have friends? Wouldn't that mean you are not misanthropic?

Sagat
11-24-2007, 12:27 AM
Jack, I'm not sure how it works down south. For ours, if you come in with good high school marks you may quality for regular officer training program. Four years, same mentality. If you already have a degree, you enter as DEO, direct entry officer, where you are automatically commissioned and begin training.

Different in the US, but along the same lines nonetheless.

Wio
11-24-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm a mismisanthrope, sorta like a PKK.

starrenite
11-24-2007, 12:40 AM
I only consider myself to be Misanthropic when I go to work (my place of work being the airport). That's only because people are completely different the moment they walk/fly in. Otherwise, I'm pretty okay with people. Girly girls annoy me *most of the time* though, so the majority of my friends are guys.

DaSOCOM
11-24-2007, 01:31 AM
Jack, take it from somebody who is in the Army, Officers don't kill people. At least, the average officer is going to be in less firefights during the same deployment than the average enlisted person.

So if you want to kill people that bad, go to college and get your 4-year degree. Then join the army or marine corps. I know the army will bring you in as an E-4, just short of a sergeant; I think the Marine Corps has a similar deal. Go in as either Infantry or a Tank crewmember, and you'll do some killing (if you're lucky to catch the enemy unawares in the desert).

Peace,
DaSOCOM

niKopol
11-24-2007, 12:49 PM
There are times when I will stand on my balcony and visualize the whole area as far as I can see covered in flames.

There are times I stand on my balcony watching the stars and visualize I was somewhere else.

Not all misanthropic people are the same, I'd rather escape and let them destroy themselves. Less work.

They are trying to kill me, which goes against my plans.

Urgh.. I was just about to set my lizard-men upon the earth.

Sagat
11-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Jack, take it from somebody who is in the Army, Officers don't kill people. At least, the average officer is going to be in less firefights during the same deployment than the average enlisted person.

So if you want to kill people that bad, go to college and get your 4-year degree. Then join the army or marine corps. I know the army will bring you in as an E-4, just short of a sergeant; I think the Marine Corps has a similar deal. Go in as either Infantry or a Tank crewmember, and you'll do some killing (if you're lucky to catch the enemy unawares in the desert).

Peace,
DaSOCOM

Tanker especially. For C Squadron, Royal Canadian Dragoons, the average tanker has about 13 kills (either by mounted machine gun or from the main gun). When you factor in four people to a tank, you're looking at one tank with about 52 kills total. My buddy had 4 kills with machine gun, and 9 with the main gun alone. Possibly even more, although the body count is relatively hard to do when you're trying to find matching arms/legs to count as one confirmed kill.

Eris
11-24-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't really feel strongly about humanity as a whole. The vast majority are stupid, worthless troglodytes unworthy of associating with, but once every couple tens of millions of people you come across one of such inordinate awesomeness that it almost makes up for all the worthless trash that surround them.

Why, thank you!

Meiras
11-24-2007, 10:17 PM
I, too, find hatred towards humans...
We are believed by ourselves to be completely god-like. Religion, Killing, Food, we take these all for granted. We needlessly kill thousands, upon thousands, of animals EACH DAY. We do not deserve to live. In the end, only the most retarded of us will exist. Our scientific abilities will come to a halt, and those will settle upon previous technologies. Our laziness will consume us, and the ladder of more 'unworthy' will reproduce. We ultimately, destroy ourselves. But, despite our inevitable farewell towards earth, we continue to strive towards ever-lasting life, and prolongate. We drag everything with us, as we try to stop something that is greater than us.

-Meiras

DOOM!
11-25-2007, 01:30 PM

That was the most beautiful speech i've red in a long while, Sagat; honestly almost brought a tear to my eye.
If i could, i'd nominate it for an Oscar; and if i were endowed with the mighty power of being a jew, i'd make it win.
Kudos.