PDA

View Full Version : Trickster Online?!?! ANYONE?!?!

xxnytr0xx
11-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Another Korean based MMO!

http://www.animeforum.com/image/105236474121dd6f6d8.gif
I myself, have played WoW and Ragnarok, and I feel that Trickster is a blend of these two.

Its got that awesome quest system like WoW so players can follow an easy guideline, and the clicking system, anime feel, customizable stats, an insanely high level cap, and 2nd class progression like Ragnarok.

The difference is this drilling system also used to level, do quests and gather materials for your class progession. Its also got this interesting way to distribute your inital stat before you start, which in a way, determine's your build later on.

I'm merely touching base on some of the initial features of the game, and was just wondering if anyone else here played.

I just started a week ago, and I have a 28 Lion 1144 build on Jeweleria, Ruby Island. His name is Tzumei, like Tsume from wolf's rain but someone took it. So PM or Friend me when u get teh chance! ^^

Unknownymous
11-20-2007, 01:05 PM
old mmorpg is old

Personally, although I thought Trickster was really cute, I didn't like it very much. It's one of those games where there's nothing to do except two things; kill monsters or drill. And both of those things get very tiring as they are repetitive (and yes, Trickster is a grind game, especially later on; lol level 100+). It would've been great if there were more things to do, or if hanging around with your friends were given more interest (like bars, parks, whatever).

This is something I'm really starting to hate about Korean MMORPGs, because games there are usually created with "elite" players in mind. You know, the kind that would spend 16 hours a day playing (or the occasional 48 hours without sleep). That's why they make stuff like leveling and/or getting the best equipment very hard to do, so that only those willing to work hard for it will be able to make good characters.

I'm sorry to sound so negative, but a cute game like that shouldn't be so friggen elite and boring. It really should've been more casual. Give us minigames like fishing, cooking, or even just making clothes to make your characters prettier.

I really expected more from this game. I used to be an elite MMOGer but now that I'm older and I have less time, I found that casual games are the way to go, at least for me. So it's a bit of a waste to see such a cute game go down the same road as every other MMORPG they have.

xxnytr0xx
11-20-2007, 01:45 PM
wow... never really looked at it that way... but i couldn't agree more @.@ im still 28 haha... investing massive amounts in this kind of game can get in the way of other things @.@

Unknownymous
11-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Absolutely. I mean, if I had the time, and I know I had some of my IRL friends also playing, I might still be playing. But then we'd all probably get tired.

At higher levels, you'll find levelling extremely boring, regardless of your build. I was a high kick cat, and you literally only spammed high kick on every monster, and you didn't get any new skills worth using. It's all just buffs and high kick. You couldn't even speed up your attack speed because the stat for it barely does anything (computed, you'd do more damage per minute by putting all your stat points into your attack stat rather than attack speed).

At high levels, some fights took so long (because of missed hits in my case) that you can leave your character fighting the monster, go grab a drink, come back and still be fighting the same thing.

And this was one of the damage builds out there. Just imagine the low-damage, more defensive builds, who probably have even less buttons to press.

Haha anyway sorry to keep ranting like that. Just letting you know what's in store for you later on in the game. Maybe you can make a petition to them to add more diversity to it. I mean, having to fight a lot of monsters is fine, but don't let it be the only thing you can do in the game. When we're tired or bored of constantly pounding the same enemies over and over, they need to give us something else to do to relax. Maybe a minigame here and there, or some crafting, or even social/roleplay competitions like... I dunno. Fashion show, dance contest. Stuff that makes use of the cuteness of the world, rather than use the cute characters to lure players into getting into yet another grind game.