PDA

View Full Version : Recommend some anime to me!

Republic
11-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Hello.

I am looking for some thing with a good plot, complex character development, and action. Some thing mature, don't blaze "NARUTO!!!!!" or "[email protected] THE BEST FU%&U#(UOW THING IN THE WORLD". No offense to fans of those animes. It is not my cup of tea. In the past I have enjoyed Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Cowboy Bebop.

Thank you,
Cheers
~The Peoples Republic

TKTwilight
11-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Blood+. It's a good anime with a good storyline. And Deathnote also.

overwatch
11-16-2007, 12:29 PM
aha!
Well welcome to the forums. I can instantly recommend two great anime for you:
Ghost in the Shell; it really has all the pointer you are after! Start with the two films - you can get them as a duel bundle these days - and then move on to the mini series (oh and don't let the leads, er, uniform put you off for the first series - it gets changed to something much more suitable later on)

Wolf's Rain; again, serious, mature, action, and good character development andother well produced anime.

Studio Ghibli productions; many of these are well written stories, Princess Mononoke, Nausica, Spirited Away, etc... also not agrain to take on the more serious sides (esp mononoke)

rubberbabybuggybumper
11-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Well, if it's serioous anime you're after I'd agree with overwatch about Ghost in the Shell (movies then go onto the series).

I'd also recommend Akira, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Ninja Scroll (movie then series), and Mirage of Blaze.

Definitely Mirage of Blaze. Complex character/character development, intense story, very serious tone/mood, with bits of action. Trust me, it's very good.

Republic
11-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Well, if it's serioous anime you're after I'd agree with overwatch about Ghost in the Shell (movies then go onto the series).

I'd also recommend Akira, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Ninja Scroll (movie then series), and Mirage of Blaze.

Definitely Mirage of Blaze. Complex character/character development, intense story, very serious tone/mood, with bits of action. Trust me, it's very good.
Cute name. I wonder if your as cute as your name.

I have seen Akira, Ninja Scroll (the movie, didn't much like it), ghost in the shell, and wolf's rain. I'll check out Mirage of Blaze and wolf brigade.

Cheers
~The Peoples Republic

gyakusetsu
11-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Paranoia agent (not much for char dev though there is some), Otogizoushi,

.Lovebeat
11-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
Wolf's Rain
Chrno Crusade
Fullmetal Alchemist

Are just a few with action and awesome stories that will keep you watching. In my opinion, all of them are pretty mature (well they definitively aren't made for small kids). All of them are pretty serious although there might be some funny moments in FMA and Chrno Crusade, which is not a bad thing since I'm sure of that you'll enjoy it.

Atrumrox
11-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Its old but the only one i can think of is Rurouni Kenshin! (Samurai with a vow never to kill agian.) Its really good. Though ive only read the comic i havent watched the anime.... Sorry. I am probably no help at all.

I also recommend studio ghibli's princess mononoke. Its cool. So is howl's moving castle.

Aizmov
11-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Nininga Shinobuden
Popotan
Photon
PuniPuniPoemi

gyakusetsu
11-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Forgot to add Serial Experiments Lain.

ProjectVirtue
11-16-2007, 05:48 PM
These are must watches on my List.

Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Alchemist
NHK ni Youkoso
Gankutsuou
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
Lucky Star
Mushishi
Love Hina

maximillian_cross
11-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Well, I don't really know about complex character development but a good plot and action... I recommend ERGOPROXY.