PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Last Airbender

Saiyan Destroyer
11-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Not 100% sure where to exactly place this, but it is of an Supernatural Nature. It is an American Anime, unless we're being biggots against American Shows, and that the only thing that counts as an Anime comes from Japan, even though Anime is short for Animation...

Okay side my rant (probably spiteful), anyone else agree with me that not only is this probably the only Anime Style show that America will ever makme, but also a very well done and very good one? It doesn't leave a terrible amount of loose ends to tie up, it's pretty linear. I watched a few episodes after my friend will cohersed me to, and he's a stingy kind of guy. He'll not watch stuff on Nickelodeon because it's too kiddie, but his GF forced him to watch this, and he doesn't regret it: NEITHER DO I! :) Pretty good show. Just wondering if I'm alone here or not.

P.S. Moderators feel free to move this to the appropraite section if I missplaced this.

Sanosuke23
12-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Avatar is good. I've not seen much, but what I have seen was well done.

On a side note, The Boondocks on adult swim is the second "american anime" to come out. Not as well animated, but then again neither is the source material.

Jose
12-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I like avatar but im not sure if it is anime it is a good cartoon

Sanosuke23
12-06-2007, 08:52 PM
it's definitely styled after anime, at least.

SuXrys
12-11-2007, 01:30 PM
I think its good. :)

GoddessDemonica
12-20-2007, 01:29 PM
looks more anime to me than anythihg else, but anyway i think it's a pretty interesting show.

Ωmega
12-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Im actually a big fan of the show. I like the character arches, the twists and turns...I mean even the filler episodes are great to watch.

Though, I have to say that sometimes things can get...annoying. Like Zuko's constant "whose side do I wanna be on?" crap.

But thats just me. :3

Snowscala_Xx
12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
avatar is hella awsome for something on nick. Really like the story and style it has pizzzzzazzz

GoddessDemonica
12-21-2007, 01:13 PM
yeah, for something on nick, it has that oomff, to make you keep wanting more. the zuko thing is a little childish and anoying though, but my favorite episode is when aang wouldn't sleep and started houlucenating(sp?).

Leorina
12-21-2007, 01:42 PM
It won't heal the hole in my wittle heart. Ren and Stimpy will always be the show that stuck out in my childhood. -Chokes back a sob.-

Anyway. For a cartoon-styled-after-an-anime, it's of pretty high quality. The story line is thought-out; not having a manga or book to base it on is pretty amazing. Characters are not simply cute people we can drool over, and some of their difficulties in life seem like something we can relate to. As MaruDashi said earlier, though, Zuko's "Which side do I belong to?" crisis is getting a tad annoying.

Ryoko1
12-21-2007, 03:31 PM
yeah

Royal Blue
12-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Yay, Avatar thread.

About whether it is anime or cartoon:

While Avatar is not considered an anime because of its American origin, one review has commented that "Avatar blurs the line between anime and (US) domestic cartoons until it becomes irrelevant." In addition, Avatar has many features of anime such as having a different color palette from other animated shows
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender#Anime

Yeah, anyways. Avatar is awesome. I'd rant on about it for a while if I didn't have to go. Maybe I will later.

GoddessDemonica
12-21-2007, 11:00 PM
lol, i have a strong feeling they won't end with a third season like planned because of how they ended the season

Asriel
12-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Its an terrific good show,its just that I never can keep up when its coming on,so I can't even count how many episodes i've missed of it.

zyronet
12-22-2007, 03:06 AM
Though, I have to say that sometimes things can get...annoying. Like Zuko's constant "whose side do I wanna be on?" crap.

>_> I know that feeling.
Avatar's interesting and extremely amusing story, makes me a huge fan of it.

I was like "OMG! Aang has hairs!!!" when I first saw him having hairs in season three. And I was actually.. celebrating. [o_o..what?]

dollmage
12-22-2007, 11:57 AM
its reminds me of shaolin showdown both main char. are bald

Hollow Ichigo
12-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes its a great show. It has twists and turns. The characters are not normal and the fact that over time even through Aang has mastered air bending he continues to get better and better. That is great to me and every character that is apart of the Avatar group has a skill that Tgdw use. Healing, bending metal, sword skills, map skills, soon to be a fire bender that is going to teach the Avatar. Soon they will have two of almost all the bending types.

Kawairashii hikari
12-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Yes, i luv this show!! I've been watching ince the middle of the first season, after my mother ad one of her co-workers to tell her about it. ((her daughters watch it not her, lol)) And we've been watching ever since. And like MaruDashi said, the episodes are very fun to watch, even the fillers, bcause they keep you interested. I'm just glad that Nick has at least one actual good show...

~Haha i feel you MaruDashi, Zuko's contemplating can get very annoying, I'm just glad he's made up his mind now, and wants to go with the Aang and them. ((for those who didn't know that.... well sry for the spoiler, it was in the last episode of this season.)) ^.^

Slumber
12-23-2007, 11:22 AM
It is actually a really good show. Very corny at times and it follows your usual "Kid with super powers has gotta save the world from evil" plot, but the characters are quite likable and well developed and the action sequences are very detailed and fun.

lightyagami
12-26-2007, 09:17 PM
I dont think avatar is an anime...

Ami~chan
12-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't give a hoot if it's anime or not. It's one of the few decent shows left on nick.

The concept of the four elements thing would be boring if it was some other show; Avatar managed to take an age-old idea and make it pretty freakin' fun to watch. I haven't been watching the new episodes lately, but I plan to catch up on them ASAP.

On a funny little side-note, I have a sixty-something year old professor who watches this. He claims he only watches it because his grandson likes it, but he remembered too many intricate details to be an innocent bystander. XD

Miss Tsukkii
01-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Anime or not? Well I don't care, as long as it's good, and that's what avatar is =D The animation is well done, I like most of the characters and the story is great too. I like the concept of bending too >.>

Lune Cy
01-06-2008, 06:19 PM
i like it in the way off...nothing-else-on-tv-so-this-is-good-i-think a like ^^it is :P

GoddessDemonica
01-09-2008, 01:15 PM
it was cool when i was 12, (when it had just started) now when i'm 14 its kinda i'll watch it if there isn't any good anime on.

Shadow of Life
01-09-2008, 01:32 PM
I like avatar and Im very waiting for book 3 episode 14 =)

GoddessDemonica
01-09-2008, 01:41 PM
wow they did more than 10 epi.s O.o i missed them...

Meyrin
01-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Avatar is a great anime. It's funny and has a great story.

PShaman
01-27-2008, 01:36 PM
It's an addictive show, anime or not ^^ Saw one episode to see what it's like and now, I'm watching it all the time. I just consider it to me American Anime. They even have the chibi expressions anime has and I even saw this short episode they did about them all in school getting ready for a dance, I think. All cute chibis~

NinnaMoon
01-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah, you are soo right! I absolutely love Avatar The Last Airbender! I've watched from the begining faithfully and it is the ONLY American cartoon ever that even comes close to anime! I absolutely HATE Nickolodeon! But this show is so awesome in animation and I have yet to see an episode that has bored me! The story is very good and the characters are great! I love every character on the show!

†_ryuk_†
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
its a good show has its funny moments and action ones one of the few good shwos nick ever has -.-

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-06-2008, 07:53 PM
I like how it's based on some styles of Chinese martial arts. But other than that, it's just not my type of show.

fire_fox
02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
i watch the show somethime and its an ok anime

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-06-2008, 08:24 PM
i watch the show somethime and its an ok anime
I've heard many people say that it isn't anime, because it's an American made cartoon, I wonder if they're right?

Phelyeg
02-19-2008, 03:03 PM
I am a huge fan of this show. It really caught me off guard, I didn't think that it would be so addicting.

Ryoko1
04-09-2008, 06:54 PM
i love ang he's cute and super funny

Mow_Uchiha2008
04-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm not import if Avatar is or not a cartoon or an anime. Avatar is an excellent cartoon or anime and I recommend to watch it.

KazuYuki
04-09-2008, 07:24 PM
that show is crazy i absolutely love that show i've never missed a episode i like the water benders the and the earth benders the most,THAT SHOW ROCKS!!!:D

IchigoKiss
04-10-2008, 11:24 AM
The characters are well created
And i think that it's a cartoon instead
because anime has big hair[sometimes] and big eyes so yeahh..

sensei-zeb
04-10-2008, 04:28 PM
I like avatar and Im very waiting for book 3 episode 14 =)

i was wondering, when is episode 14 coming out

kayura
04-11-2008, 01:24 PM
i like the show, but nickelodeon stopped showing it. :( BTW, it's not exactly a japanese "anime", but it's pretty heavily influenced by it ;)

Mayonnaise-Senpai
04-14-2008, 06:39 PM
I love Avatar! I wonder if they will still do it? I watched "Day of Black Sun" part one and two. My favorite characters are Katara, Sokka, and Toph.

gangman5
04-15-2008, 01:51 AM
avatar is the closest Americas ever going to get to anime without hiring Japanese artists.
here in nz we dont get all the new episodes but they should be coming out soon. the new episodes looks really good

Kanjoudakai_Ira
04-16-2008, 03:05 AM
I really loved Avatar...the way it's made is so artistic and pretty. I haven't seen it all....but i love the characters. And the story is good too,really original

Jessica Mars
04-16-2008, 04:09 PM
I enjoy watching Avatar, which I do consider an anime. Whoever says otherwise may be right, but I don't care. ;D

Been watching every episode the day it aired. Yeah, it is the only Nick show I watch, and most likely it'll be the last. Currently I am having trouble waiting for the final eight episodes.

Kawairashii hikari
04-16-2008, 04:20 PM
i like the show, but nickelodeon stopped showing it. :(

They only stopped it because they know hardly nobody is going to watch those repeas that they've shown a million times.
Plus they're waiting to produce the new season. Last year the new season came on around... hmm... October I believe.
But I think this season will be the last since there are only 4 elemenst and each of the books are name after one of the elements... and the last one is Fire.

SuXrys
04-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Yes but still. I also have huge issues waiting for new episodes to come. Whats the point with making us wait so long? .... ^.^

Kawairashii hikari
04-16-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't know why they do it like that.
But I know that I HATE it. It's very nerve wracking for me to wait for so freakin long for it to come back on.

procrastinator_zerokiryuu
04-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Its a pretty good show... ahh... heck I love it... its wonderfully animated... with great fight scenes and an awesome storyline...

Kyaa... and I love Zuko *squeals like a hopeless fan girl*

But... yeah they make viewers wait too long... it's gettin annoying...

Oh... and I'd like to consider it an anime' although most people say it's not... ^^

omniking3
04-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Its not japanese. Everything is chinese themed. I don't liek it. I'd rather go watch some ANIME.

Zainox
04-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah, i love avatar. Great show. There actually making a live action movie which should be done in 2009 sometime.

Darkcloud90
05-02-2008, 04:01 PM
avatar is a good show, but it is just a cartoon.
not anime.
i like the show, and it is probably the only actual cartoon i watch.
so far i just finished the boiling earth episodes.
still waiting for the next ones.:)

GoddessDemonica
05-03-2008, 09:07 AM
i can't wait for the next ones. i really wish they'd come out soon, it's like they just left us hanging with nothing to go off of.

jmf
05-03-2008, 01:56 PM
it's kinda bad that avatar is ending after the next episodes i wish they would continue it cause it's a great show

Unknown...
05-20-2008, 03:30 AM
I hope they make a movie.

JustPlaying
05-22-2008, 04:10 AM
I love Avatar ^ ^ and you got to love saka XD

Souji Seta
05-22-2008, 08:34 AM
At first, I didn't even think of watching Avatar. I thought it was a bad show.
But I was wrong big time! I was able to watch an episode of it and I found it really interesting. I hope I get to watch it again.

LaranaSarahLei
06-15-2008, 08:08 AM
I love avatar. -I thought it was going to be very stupid when I first heard what it was about...but I'm glad I let my friend force me to watch it-

I like Zuko.....but his...'side switiching' is frustrating....

Anyway, its good, but it is comming to an end. (and if they force it onward like so many other shows, but can't keep the quality. I will hurt someone.)

767kaos
06-15-2008, 09:55 AM
well my first post i already have seen a ton of animes (about 40 or so ...) and i guess that i can say that avatar is an american anime cuz the plot is very anime like ... the moral conceptions and misconception of almost every character on that show is seen mostly only on animes (i have no misconcepts about carttons i agree that most are just childish but thats the ideia of then... ) i like animes a ton and seen a lot and from what i know the ONLY reason avatar could not be considered an anime is because it is american made and thats it... it has most of the popular anime "cliches" like the drop on the head, tha girls that go crazy and all of suden go serious, the jokes are somewhat anime in stile, the drawing is anime, the concept is anime... but if you are so biased to the point that "if is not from japan is not anime!" you prob should start being less biased and watch less "hentai" lol
ps: i watch hentai... a lot... lol... and am not biased (at least i try not to be...
ps2: forgive my english if its bad... cuz i am... lol
ps3: okey that was not funny... lol

kataangkissed
06-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Wow I am completly in love with Avatar. In my option one of the best shows around right now. The plot line is very good and has a lot of detail put into it. Okay maybe the first few episode where not the best... But the rest is completly amazing! <3

GoddessDemonica
07-20-2008, 07:05 PM
AHH, I'm so happy that they finally closed the story of the avatar. the last five episodes aired this week and the huge two hour movie event close it with a great ending. I won't give anything away because I recomend watching the last episodes. they were amazing and now my heart is whole because I got closure. haha ^^

Happi Giraffe!
07-20-2008, 07:54 PM
No Avatar fan is ever alone in the world. It's such a great show. It makes Nickelodeon worth watching.

Sailor Mystery
07-20-2008, 08:21 PM
I love avatar! It's soooo awsome probably the best american anime! me and my friend used to watched together all the time. LOL

╬Karami Mew~Meow
07-20-2008, 09:04 PM
I don't think it's exactly an 'anime' ...

But I used to love it soo much, but i stopped cuz it kinda got cheesy in Book:Fire. But It was all in all a pretty good show ^^ (8.5/10)

Saiyan Destroyer
08-10-2008, 10:24 PM
The Boondocks suck. I'm not saying it for it's style, I'm saying it becuase it offends me as an italian, greek, and white person in general.

I finally caught up with episodes on avatarchapters.org I was at avatar spirit and they freakin KICKED Me for mentioning that name, yet other people say spoilers and NOTHING happens to them. They don't deserve my writings.

The only bad thing about it is that the show is ending this season. After Sozins' Comet that's it. I don't know why. This could easily be something that's long and epic like X-Men or Cheers.

Favorite character time!

Easily Iroh. That old man is so knowledgablo and unleashes a car of own in ones face if they deserve it. I don't knwo why, but I'm always rooting for him. It is sad that the original VA Mako died, watch Tales of Ba Sing Se, it says it at the end of Irohs' Story. The new guy is okay. Now I wonder if they'll close the stories of Iroh and Ursa, Zukos mother.

ichigoangel06
08-28-2008, 03:20 PM
the avatar was pretty good^^ it was funny^^ i laughed a lot^^
i didn't really like the 3-5th episode to the end....where Aang was depressed and stuff>.<....but i still liked it^^
i saw the whole series^^
the ending rocked^^ although i would have liked to see what happened more in the future^^

DemonsRevenge
09-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Lol avatar was pretty good. Zuko ownz.
Ang is just a little girl, LOL he should get hard and (an actual spoiler here)
Kill the firelord. i mean omg he avatar he should just waste the phoenix king(Fire lord ozai). Instead he learns life bending from a giant lion turtle. Also the ending leaves some loose ends such as Zuko asking about his mother. Book 4 or a spin off would be nice. book 4 more so

Shinigami Sama
09-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Speaking of Ang, i wonder how far those arrows on his body go :p

That creepyness aside for a moment, I loved the Avatar series, ok it was a little stale until Toph came along. "Sparky boom man", fire nation bounty hunter who fires energy blasts from his forehead, errr no thank you. That was just plain stupid.

Anyway, Avatar rocks, not as much as Soul eater, but it rocks none the less. Toph Rules!!

godsofdeathluvapples13
09-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Avatar is amazing! Zuko is way hot! The animation is good too.

+Namiko+
09-05-2008, 05:51 PM
I consider this awesome show an anime. It was animated in Korea and the writers based the style on HAYAO MIYAZAKI BABY!
Fav: Good Zukko, I always love a good turnover character
Love the series, good animation, awesome writers, was cheesy there in the first 10 eps of season 3, but after a break they got AWESOME!!

GO IROH!!!

KING BUMI!!!

"All old people know each other, don't you know that!...Welcome to OLD PEOPLE CAMP!!"-KING BUMI!!!

Orcius
09-05-2008, 05:57 PM
i like it, its just i have basic cable so i cant follow it... :(

Saiyan Destroyer
09-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Demons: Actually, he learned how to seal bending. A very good technique for the avatar to learn. As each Avatar said, all of the were VERY well prepared to kill someone in order to preserve balance, restore order and protect the innocent. It is the RESPONSIBILITY of those with the power to protect, to use their powers to protect. Like Uncle Ben said: With great powers come great responsibility.

The show's over sadly. I wish they'd continue with Book 4 or a spin off.

Shinigami: They've shown Aang in just his bloomers, they extend down his arms to his hands, down his back behind his legs to his feet. Combustion Man (I called him Triclops) was okay. They used him the right way.

GODLA: Yeah it is an incredible series.

Namiko: I don't know it was still good with all of season 3. I thought it was the best series of the three.

Next month Iplan to buy all three season. However Avatar Chapters (http://avatarchapters.org) is a great place to watch them and even down load.

Brazen
09-27-2008, 08:55 PM
The way they designed the intro really made me believe that they'd be making a book 4: Air.
Though, I guess I was wrong.

I have to admit that some parts were pretty cheesy, but all in all it was a decent show.

kisstheclouds
09-27-2008, 08:59 PM
I completely enjoy avatar. =)

~*Starleaf*~
09-27-2008, 09:35 PM
This isn't anime, but a very good cartoon. Seems to be the only cartoon closest to anime.

Zuko rules!!<3

animegirl2365
09-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I loved avatar I'm so sad its over. (crys) But it was a good ending.But still I'm going to miss it.

sakumi333
09-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Its not an anime but its cool!!!

But i still havent finished it

wowzabunny
09-28-2008, 08:16 AM
the best nickalodeon show eva

GoddessDemonica
10-04-2008, 09:06 AM
It's the only show that makes nick a bearable channel ^^

Palindrome
11-14-2008, 09:29 PM
I love Avatar. I thought it looked so stupid when it first came out...and then there was a mini-marathon of the first five episodes and I decided to watch it just to make fun of it...AND I FELL IN LOVE. <3 Sad it's over, but I had a good time.

GoddessDemonica
11-16-2008, 12:03 PM
It is sad that it's over but it was running since 2005. I'm glad that it ended and they gave good closure. ^^

ihaw-chan
11-19-2008, 09:09 PM
eh? it ended?

oh well. i still think it's not an anime, but is sure one of many show i love xD i like water-bending.