PDA

View Full Version : Demon Hunter(DH)

Khon
11-04-2007, 03:49 AM
THey are my favorite band! and they have a new album out Nov. 6th! which I preordered! its going to be awesome! they have a myspace and you can find them in many stores! and on the internet! now let me give you some basic info.

Genre: Thrash Metal Core.
Favorite songs of Mine: Undying. sixteen. Not ready to die. and most of them.
Band Members: Ryan Clark (vocals) Don Clark (guitar) Timothy "Yogi" Watts (Drums) Joe Dunn (Bass) Kris McCaddon (guitar)
Myspace.com/DemonHunter

These guys rock they are my favorite band! and I absolutely am thrilled about their new album!!!! so anyone else like these guys?

Ryth
11-05-2007, 04:54 AM
"Not I," said the Ryth.

Khon
11-06-2007, 11:35 AM
"Not I," said the Ryth.
Sure........ you dont....... then why would you quote them?

Masali
11-06-2007, 08:51 PM
To show that he indeed has heard of them maybe? I have never heard of them, personally. Not so much into metal anymore.

Khon
11-06-2007, 09:43 PM
To show that he indeed has heard of them maybe? I have never heard of them, personally. Not so much into metal anymore.
-is shocked!- NO! what has gone wrong with the world!!!!!

Masali
11-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I checked them out. Convoluted guitar riffs under incoherent screaming. One of those bands I put into the category "More noise than music". Not for me, but hey...different strokes.

Khon
11-07-2007, 09:38 AM
I checked them out. Convoluted guitar riffs under incoherent screaming. One of those bands I put into the category "More noise than music". Not for me, but hey...different strokes.Yup but thanks anyways for giving them a chance!

Ryth
11-07-2007, 08:52 PM
After further study, I have discovered 'Not I' is a Demon Hunter song off their The Triptych album, which I have not heard (I've only heard Summer of Darkness, which was godawful). I was just being weird.

Khon
11-08-2007, 11:16 AM
After further study, I have discovered 'Not I' is a Demon Hunter song off their The Triptych album, which I have not heard (I've only heard Summer of Darkness, which was godawful). I was just being weird.
I see.. lol Well if your going to judge them judge them by their Storm the Gates of Hell album which just recently came out! It has some of the most interesting and best songs from them yet! well just if your going to judge them judge them today not in the past thats all I ask.

Ryth
11-08-2007, 02:45 PM
I really, really doubt my mind will change. Especially since I did listen to their new single Fading Away. I really think I should just stay away from Demon Hunter.

Gandizzl
11-08-2007, 03:19 PM
My sister has a few albums by them.
Heard The Triptych and Summer Of Darkness.
To me, they're just another of the oh so many Christian metalcore bands.
Nothing special at all...
If you're first going Christiancore, mind as well go Underoath.

But I guess the song My Heartstrings Come Undone is alrite.
And they're not the worst when it comes to have their belief pushed upon you through their lyrics.

But I have to add that they have some of the most boring cover art ever created.

KillerDragonX
11-08-2007, 03:23 PM
they are an ok christian rock band but devil wears prada is way better

Khon
11-08-2007, 03:25 PM
My sister has a few albums by them.
Heard The Triptych and Summer Of Darkness.
To me, they're just another of the oh so many Christian metalcore bands.
Nothing special at all...
If you're first going Christiancore, mind as well go Underoath.

But I guess the song My Heartstrings Come Undone is alrite.
And they're not the worst when it comes to have their belief pushed upon you through their lyrics.

But I have to add that they have some of the most boring cover art ever created.

Ok well first off its their symbol for their art. but the triptych is actually pretty intersting. adn STGOH has alot of hidden things in it. and well lets just say I cant stand Underoath! lol and as I said judge them by their new album not SoD or TT ok?

Khon
11-08-2007, 03:26 PM
they are an ok christian rock band but devil wears prada is way betterare they Christian?

Ryth
11-08-2007, 03:35 PM
I think their old stuff represents them just as much as their new stuff. It's totally realistic to criticize them for having some crappy album from 2004 even with an album from 2007.

Underoath, well, their Cries of the Past album didn't suck AS hard as their other stuff, and it was better than the Demon Hunter material I heard. However, with their new stuff like Define the Great Line and They're Only Chasing Safety, they really sold out and become as boring and wretched as everyone else.

And The Devil Wears Prada is the worst band mentioned so far.

Gandizzl
11-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Yup, they are christian.
If they're really your favorite band, you should know that much.
Even if you don't read about them, that comes out very clear in their lyrics.

And the coverart is still boring.
It's like In Flames including the Jester head on most of their covers, but at least they still have interesting (at least more than DH) cover.
Because instead of just having the logo on the front, they've incorporated it into the art somehow.

I find Underoath alrite, although I think they have incredibly stupid lyrics quite often.
I haven't heard anything after They're Only Chasing Safety because that's basically where they lost me.
Their lyrics just... annoyed me off them with that album.

Ryth
11-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Yup, they are christian.

I think he was asking about The Devil Wears Prada, but maybe I'm wrong.

Khon
11-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Yup, they are christian.

And the coverart is still boring.
It's like In Flames including the Jester head on most of their covers, but at least they still have interesting (at least more than DH) cover.
Because instead of just having the logo on the front, they've incorporated it into the art somehow.

I find Underoath alrite, although I think they have incredibly stupid lyrics quite often.
I haven't heard anything after They're Only Chasing Safety because that's basically where they lost me.
Their lyrics just... annoyed me off them with that album.

I was talking about Devil wears prada.... lol man I hate being misunderstood.

-Kitsune-
11-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Heh, I knew you'd make a topic about this sooner or later ^.^; Personally, I think they're... decent. But not really anything too out-of-the-ordinary when it comes to Christian metal. I like Flyleaf and Underoth better but Demon Hunter isnt too bad but then again, Ive only heard a few of their songs. Eh, sorta undecided on this band right now =/