PDA

View Full Version : Anime suggestions

Miyavi89
10-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Hey, i was looking for some new anime anyone have any suggestions? some that i like are naruto, hikaru no go, azumanga daioh, and excel saga.

datajack
10-20-2007, 10:34 PM
I Dot know if this qualifies completely, but, "The Twelve Kingdoms" is one of the best anime iv seen in my entire life. it starts off kinda slow, but its good. As a matter of fact(i cant believe im saying this) its better then bleach or naruto(i think).

Miyavi89
10-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Thank you! i will have to see it then :p

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
10-21-2007, 11:08 AM
I have thousands to recommend, but you should check out:

-BLEACH
-D.Gray-man
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Samurai Champloo
-Prince of Tennis
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Those are just the main-stream anime.

BuLmA
10-21-2007, 11:40 AM
O.k..try this Miyavi. You gotta love my anime suggestions:
♥Slam Dunk
♥Vision of Escaflowne
♥Ayashi no Ceres
♥Dragonball the adventures of goku
♥Naruto

Unknownymous
10-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Uhh Miyavi said "new anime". With the exception of Naruto I guess, everything you said is already considered "classic" anime. Not that they're not good, but there's a lot of "new anime" to suggest, rather than just sticking to the worn-out old anime.

Anyway, Miyavi seems to have a very broad spectrum when it comes to liking anime, so this shouldn't be too hard. If you want a new version of Azumanga Daioh, look for something called Lucky Star. It runs on the same style (based on 4-koma, or 4-panel comic strips) and has similar sense of humor in terms of making fun of everyday things.

If you like anime with their own mythologies, go ahead and try Shakugan no Shana. It's awesome. But try to watch the first season first. There's a movie, OVA and a second season out already, but in my opinion it's best to start off from the first season so when you watch the others, you can look back and enjoy what you remember from the first season.

Okay I recommended comedy and an action/supernatural/mythology anime. If you're looking for drama, try Kanon 2006. If you're looking for slice-of-life, try Manabi Straight. It's weird but fun, especially later on.

Take note, all of these suggestions are new as in it's been only 1 year or less since they were released in Japan.

Hyrule
10-21-2007, 12:08 PM
I have some you sould check:
~Pokemon
~Fullmetal Alchemist
~Prince of Tennis

Miyavi89
10-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks everyone. i really appreciate all the suggestions. :D

schmiddy1986
10-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Elfen Lied!!!
Best anime I've ever seen!:D

(Ok, that is my first reply here^^)

ladysesshomaru
10-25-2007, 12:17 AM
you should try these:

InuYasha
Chibi Vampire
Crescent moon
Vampire knight
Fruits baskethttp://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_96774471d9669cba62.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=20396)

Waku
10-25-2007, 01:51 AM
Bokurano,
Noein

Happy Heart
10-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Oh wow I guess Miyavi89 you will also like Hunter X Hunter, which is my number one anime!^^ And yeah you might also like Prince of Tennis.^^