PDA

View Full Version : Death Note on Adult Swim

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
10-20-2007, 10:31 AM
As most of you probably already know, Death Note is premiering tonight on Adult Swim at 12:00 ^^! I know I'll be watching, I mean, I've been waiting since they announced it in August o_o. However, I practically already saw most of the first episode in the dub XD! I stopped when I realized that it was almost the whole episode o_o. I would tell you where I found it, but I can't post links ^^;. All I can say is yay for Brad Swaile XD!

But, for those who have heard the new dub, what do you think about it? If you haven't, do you think it's going to be good?

Yuuki Kurosu
10-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I didn't know xD I haven't stayed up to watch Adult Swim in ahwile lol, I just record them and watch 'em x3 But yay! I have always wanted to see that Anime ^.^ I am sure it will be pretty good, I mean if you have seen it in Japanese and stuff, it might be kinda weird to hear the english dubb, but other then that, yeppers. Thankies for posting!!
~Saku

Spiffy!
10-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Me and my friend trudy have been waiting foreeever for this day! haha :laugh: We're so gonna check it out!

The Blue Baron
10-20-2007, 02:18 PM
I guess ill check it out i mean i was a couple episodes into it anyways ...>_>

FarEastStyle
10-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Wow, their going to have a whole new fanbase now. Even though I've seen the whole series to the end, oh yeah. I'll still be watching.

10-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Well, it aired last night! What did you guys think about the dub? Light was pretty good, but they screwed up his laugh... terribly. And Ryuk, no. It's gonna take me a while to get used to it.

Buruku
10-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Well, it aired last night! What did you guys think about the dub? Light was pretty good, but they screwed up his laugh... terribly. And Ryuk, no. It's gonna take me a while to get used to it.

I didn't like it at all, they have the guy that does Spike doing Ryuk, they didn't even try to make the voices fit the character.

10-22-2007, 11:13 PM
I didn't think Light was that terrible... but is that really Steven Blum as Ryuk?! No... ugh. They better screw with L's voice -_-.

Capernicus
10-23-2007, 01:09 AM
I have yet to see the dub, but as a rule I dislike the Deathnote anime. Much prefer the manga.

niKopol
10-23-2007, 02:28 AM
Bad enough that they cut stuff out and added some now the americans are dubbing it. It will be a sad day for us all.

Variados
10-23-2007, 08:12 AM
I thought the voice did not fit the main character, I wanted to watch it, YAY and I did, yesterday WEEEEEEEEEEE... but it was good over all. I just like the idea of having a book that do that...for some reason it reminded me of Harry Potter..hehehe

Gaarademon
10-23-2007, 08:13 AM
thats something i need to watch...god i havent watched adult swim in a while

hoshima haruna
10-23-2007, 08:51 AM
well unfortunately i missed it so i'm not sure but i sure as hell know that it was good ^^ even though i didn't get to see it TT.TT

Asriel
11-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Hahaha!
I just started getting into Death note manga.
So now i'm so gonna start wastching it on AdultSwim because I haven't watched it since they took Bleach off,and when I do watch it,its only to see Blood+ and a few other shows.

-Batman-
11-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Well, this is my first exposure to Deathnote.
So...Question.

Does Light get whats coming to him?
I liked him at first, but then he started killing cops and FBI agents, and petty criminals who otherwise don't deserve a sentence stronger than community service let alone death, and he has a very annoying God complex. He reminds me of Sephiroth, only a bigger failure and undeserving of his self apointed title of "GOD OF THE NEW WORLD"

Kagome
11-18-2007, 01:56 AM
AAGH! Ryuuku sounds HORRIBLE dubbed....What did they do to his voice?! ::cries::

And wtf is up with Raito's English VA? O.o He sounds like Quatre from Gundam Wing....That's creepy too.

Fenrisulfer
11-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Dubbing is a crime. Those who dub should die and turn to nothingness so that they shall never corrupt that which is good ever again.

Fenrisulfer
11-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Well, this is my first exposure to Deathnote.
So...Question.

Does Light get whats coming to him?
I liked him at first, but then he started killing cops and FBI agents, and petty criminals who otherwise don't deserve a sentence stronger than community service let alone death, and he has a very annoying God complex. He reminds me of Sephiroth, only a bigger failure and undeserving of his self apointed title of "GOD OF THE NEW WORLD"

The whole series uses foreshadowing throughout the anime. There is a line in episode 1 and others that says exactly what with happen in the end 50 episodes later in the second season.

daft
12-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Dubbing is a crime. Those who dub should die and turn to nothingness so that they shall never corrupt that which is good ever again.
i dont know. some anime do an excellent job of dubbing sometimes.
Cowboy Bebop for example. But yeah, Death Note wasn't one of those.

I pictured 'L' having a much different voice for his character.
He's addicted to sweets, looks paranoid, and he crouches on chairs not sits on them.

I pictured 'L' having like Dio's voice from Last Exile.

jewel2sparkle
12-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I've seen all of Death Note already (in Japanese). I've been watching it on [AS] and it's TERRIBLE! I hate the dubbed version. It makes me sad because I LOVE Death Note.

Asriel
12-09-2007, 08:15 PM
I've seen all of Death Note already (in Japanese). I've been watching it on [AS] and it's TERRIBLE! I hate the dubbed version. It makes me sad because I LOVE Death Note.

I know what ya mean.I like the Japanese version better than the english version.I just started watching it in japanese and I like it better than the english version.

daft
12-09-2007, 08:58 PM

I know what ya mean.I like the Japanese version better than the english version.I just started watching it in japanese and I like it better than the english version.

I'm glad to see we're all on the same page on this.
I think all Death Note fans would say the same:

dubbed Death Note? no good!!! X(

ChibiNaruto
01-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Sub > Dub. Adult Swim is okay, but whenever I watch anime on it, it really is a buzzkill for me. Although, I very much enjoy watching Samurai Champloo.

JenLonn
01-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Sub > Dub. Adult Swim is okay, but whenever I watch anime on it, it really is a buzzkill for me. Although, I very much enjoy watching Samurai Champloo.

I must agree here, I watched the entire series subbed as it was being released in Japan.. and a few of my friends are currently watching it on Adult swim and the anime is so much better subbed. You lose so much when it is dubbed... Horrible. L, Light, Ryuk.. everyone's personalities seem distorted with the dubbed voices.

None the less, excellent anime!