PDA

View Full Version : What are you "Obsessive Compulsive" Over?

OminousCloud
10-19-2007, 05:41 PM
The quotations are there since being obsessive compulsive is a disorder and whilst we get annoyed about things that doesn't necessarily mean you have it...
"On to the point!" I hear you cry!

I need to keep my books in store bought condition, this means they have to be mark free, crease free (even on the spine), no acidic residue on the sides of the pages... If I lend my books to someone and they crease the cover or get their acidic finger residue (DNA) on the pages, depending on the book I might make them get me a new one o.O

So, what are you "Obsessive Compulsive" over?

Perpetual Specter
10-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Well,I am very obsessive over keeping my game consoles and discs clean.I can't stand fingerprints on them.I even vacuum out the cooling fan in my consoles.I've taken my game systems literally apart just to clean the inside and put them back together again.

KuroTan
10-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Same goes for me. I keep all my books (except textbooks) in almost immaculate condition. I've been laughed at for reading manga with the cover only 55 degrees opened but any more than that and it damages the spine! Once my friend really opened one of my books to its maximum capacity and it almost made me want to punch him. But I never really go that far.^^' In the end I remind myself that it's only books, though I still wince when somebody does that to one of my stuff.

Sagat
10-19-2007, 06:15 PM
I cannot bear to drink out of the same glass twice .. the germs .. they may evolve into stronger forms and come back into me..

overwatch
10-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Thats got to be hard at dinner parties sagat.

As for me, being left alone whilst reading - I hate interruptions

-Kitsune-
10-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Same as baka_black and Mini Twilight, I treat my books with respect! I cannot stand when I see people just throwing books on the floor and bending the spines backwards -twitch- Just..irritating
Another thing I am OCD about is keeping my CDs and video game disks clean. If I see a fingerprint or a smudge on one, I will spend as long as it takes to get it clean...

mikadzuki
10-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Like Mini_Twilight, baka_black and Kitsune~girl, I get that way with books. Am a bibliophile and I treat all my books with utmost care. Even more attention goes to my book collections. I keep my books in "store bought condition" like Mini said and cover them in clear plastic except when they're hard bound XD Like baka, I don't open them fully when reading to save the spine and I don't set them down at the end of their spine when reading either. Am so possessive of my books that only my sister, brother and sometimes even my mom--who all know how I get--can browse them. I think I've only lent 1 or 2 of my books since I don't want any damage even in the slightest. ^.^;

One more thing: I keep rereading my written works--critical, but maybe sometimes too much, that it be lucid and error-free. Guess how many times I even reread my posts here in AF before and after I posted them, including this one. ^.^;

Acnologia
10-19-2007, 09:30 PM
My ears, they have to be perfectly clean :<

-Kitsune-
10-19-2007, 09:37 PM
One more thing: I keep rereading my written works--critical, but maybe sometimes too much, that it be lucid and error-free. Guess how many times I even reread my posts here in AF before and after I posted them, including this one. ^.^;
Oh, thats another of mine. But I dont just re-read my posts, I edit them about three times until I find it acceptable. Take a look at some of my posts sometime, most of them say "Last edited by Kitsune~Girl at..." I'm pretty critical of my own typing, writing, and pretty much all other words I put on paper or display in some manner. Its a miracle I've been published three times and have never called the publishers saying "Oh, um could you change this one part for me? Thanks" ^.^;

OminousCloud
10-19-2007, 09:38 PM
I've been laughed at for reading manga with the cover only 55 degrees opened but any more than that and it damages the spine!

-gasp- I do the same thing, only at a much more acute angle. I thought I was the only one ;_; (I'm just so happy lol)

mikadzuki
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Oh, thats another of mine. But I dont just re-read my posts, I edit them about three times until I find it acceptable. Take a look at some of my posts sometime, most of them say "Last edited by Kitsune~Girl at..." I'm pretty critical of my own typing, writing, and pretty much all other words I put on paper or display in some manner. Its a miracle I've been published three times and have never called the publishers saying "Oh, um could you change this one part for me? Thanks" ^.^;

It's the same with me! lol Especially so when it's a piece that others have to read. Like Earnest Hemingway said, "Easy writing makes hard reading; hard writing makes easy reading." Kudos to you guys who really read your posts. lol Wish I could be published too. *dreamy-eyed* XD

-gasp- I do the same thing, only at a much more acute angle. I thought I was the only one ;_; (I'm just so happy lol)

I do that too. But it's really challenging when you're reading a large and heavy hardbound book especially when you're on the pages nearest either ends. I use other books, or if unavailable my arm, to prop up the other half ^.^;

Spiffy!
10-19-2007, 10:09 PM
O_O I do that too! But I've been doing that with any book I'm reading, if I bought it anyways. My friend Trudy would open my book all the way and I'd start pestering her "Don't open it like that it'll crease the spine! >.<" and I'd make sure someone's hands are clean before they try to read my books.. xD I can't stand food stains on books.

I also have this thing where I always put my feet in front of my heater when it's on.. it's not that they're cold, but I like the feeling of really warm feet. xD

Jagan Eye
10-19-2007, 10:18 PM
When playing monopoly, I have to line all my money up in order; 1s, 5s, 10s, etc. And I can never have any money thats not there. As in if something is like 150 dollars and I will run out of 50s if I use my last one, I'll use like four 10s and two 5s as to keep my money all "there." It bothers me soooo much when its not like that.

55 degrees, I do that with my manga too Vinny. Lol.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-19-2007, 10:27 PM
I find this to be highly relevent to the discussion:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/librarians.png

Fabala
10-19-2007, 10:33 PM
The better question is what am I NOT obsessive compulsive about? I've always reckoned I'm actually hinging on having OCD. There's no one specific thing, but I like to be in control of everything at all times, and I freak out if I lose any of that control...even if it's something like a cluttered table.

It's in my nature to be very selective in day-to-day life, to the point of becoming obsessed with some of those things. Anyone who knows me knows I won't settle for having a favorite song, or an "okay/passable" line in a piece of writing. They undergo intense scrutiny and, if they should pass, I grow obsessively attached.

Heh heh.

Spiffy!
10-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I find this to be highly relevent to the discussion:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/librarians.png
That would certainly bother me. :laugh:
Hopefully no future boyfriends know of that book thing with me then. Oh gosh XD

Day
10-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Keeping my computer cleaned out, and scanning it everyday.
Cant stand having unused icons on my computer screen.

Faceless111
10-19-2007, 11:12 PM
I must go by intervals of fives when controlling the volume. Whenever I know the volume is set at a number that isn't evenly divisible by five, I can't enjoy the TV.

realms89
10-19-2007, 11:13 PM
keeping my computer up to date and running good

buhbibutterfly
10-19-2007, 11:54 PM
for me it's my books and my bookshelf. I can't stand it when my books are creased or the covers ruined or get written on. I like to keep them in the best shape that i bought them in. Another thing about my books is that I have three different shelfs, one for my regular novels, one for my college textbooks, the other for my manga. All three of my bookshelves are arranged in alphebitical order. For the novels I arrange them by genre, then author, then title. for my college textbook i arrange them by subject then title, and for my manga i just arrange them by title and volume. When i buy new books I make room on my bookshelf and alphabetize them in. If there's no more room on the shelves i tend to move the books down one just so it's ordered correctly. my friends say i take too much time ordering my books but i can't stand it when it's out of place.

Gizoku
10-20-2007, 01:12 AM
I need to keep my books in store bought condition, this means they have to be mark free, crease free (even on the spine), no acidic residue on the sides of the pages... If I lend my books to someone and they crease the cover or get their acidic finger residue (DNA) on the pages, depending on the book I might make them get me a new one o.O

xD Same here.
Hmm I need to have certain sections for certain things [Its not serious though] for example, video games need to go on one rack...from most played to least played, and movies from most watched to least watched...I stack them up so I get mad when the whole pile falls to the ground when I try to get a movie.
And the discs have to be scratch freee and spotless...and in the correct case ^^;
Oh and running a virus scan on the desktop.
xD I also save the spines of my books like mikatsuki11 and Mini said.

Buruku
10-20-2007, 01:31 AM
Aside from keeping my nails clean I don't really have any compulsive obessions. But the book thing does bother me.

_CTA_
10-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Thats got to be hard at dinner parties sagat.

As for me, being left alone whilst reading - I hate interruptions

Me too. I'm always absorbed while reading.

Also, I really hate it if someone touches my cellphone or took it without permission. I'm really careful with it. Someone's hand might be dirty and it might go inside from the microphone of something.

Eris
10-20-2007, 02:43 AM
I'm not. My mother works with treating OCD, so I'm squeaky clean from the stuff.

CrimsonMoon
10-20-2007, 03:43 AM
My cell phone. It might break down if someone's not careful with it. I always freak out when my lil' brothers want to play games in it.

jechocochan
10-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Between pavement sections while I'm walking. I will deliberately avoid taking a number of steps that is a multiple of three.

My body must be clean (hands in particular). If I feel like I am dirt covered then I will be very fidgety until I can wash it off. If I get blood on me and it isn't my own I will wash my hands three times. Just in case I didn't get it the first or second time and there is something left there.

Edit: Also when heating dinner I will microwave it for two minutes ten seconds.

Fabala
10-20-2007, 06:56 AM
Wow. I think I must be one of the few here with obsessive compulsive tendencies who isn't bothered by a creased book. I came from a reading family. I've grown up always reading something (or somethings, as was often the case) and rereading favorites. To me creases and even dogeared pages are a sign of love, not mutilation.

It makes me think of kids and stuffed toys. I never had one that I slept with every night until it was in tatters, whereas most kids I knew and know did. However, I'm like that with books. I love that first crease they get when you open them, and that after a few dozen reads (yes, I do that ;p) those creases, naturally, increase in number. I've never actually torn pages, or written in, or otherwise actually harmed the books. You can just tell they've been read.

Sorry for going off on a tangent like that. Seeing so many mention that as an obsession got me thinking ^^;

OminousCloud
10-20-2007, 07:32 AM
Well see mine have all been read multiple times but there aren't that many signs of use lol

keezy.
10-20-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm super OCD about my guitar for the PS2 on Guitar Hero. I hardly let anyone play it other then me and if they do play it I sit there watching them and telling them not to play so rough or stop hitting the whammy bar and stuff like that. I always keep it clean too.

Another thing I'm OCD about is homework. I always have to do it as soon as I get it weather I'm in class or not. And I always have to finish it before basketball practice, if I don't I can't stop thinking about it and it drives me crazy ><;;

Princess Zelda
10-20-2007, 11:29 AM
i clean my ears daily.
i have to drink/eat out of certain things.
for example, if i eat soup it has to be with this bowl, etc.
i also have a certain cup or utensil that i ALWAYS use at other peoples' houses. (of course i wash it inbetween uses!)
i check my horoscope before i go to sleep/before i leave in the morning. (it's on my tv!)
nails have to be clean.
i tend to do things by 3 or 7. (such as when i put my hair in a hump, i have to brush it through 3 times, or use 3 bobbies.)

overwatch
10-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Wow, all those people with a creased book spine problems. Granted I tried being like that once, but you try reading a 1000 page paperback and keeping the spine in good order - 500, you can just about get clear on a first reading, subsequant readings and things start failing.

KuroTan
10-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Seeing as I never buy any books more than 20 dollars with my own money, I doubt the number of pages it'll reach will be more than 500. Then if my parents buy me the book, well, goodbye OCD. I just read it whenever and wherever. Sometimes even in the bathroom when...uh...you know.

>_>
<_<

FullMetalAlchemist997
10-20-2007, 01:12 PM
My half of the room. I have to share with my lil' sister and her half is like a tornado ran through it so I get really upset when she even borrows a book from my side (they often come back with tears in the pages). I go nuclear if she touches my bed >.<

I also have a problem with people reading my unfinished work. Several times I've been known to hide the screen and my head under a blanket while I'm trying to finish a story. I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm not ready for intense scrutiny until I've gotten to the fifth or sixth draft.

Baka
10-20-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't like the different foods on my plate to touch each other.

nikoko-nozomu
10-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I always have to wash or sanitize my hands everytime I handle an animal. As soon as I'm done petting my cat, for instance, I always head straight for the nearest bottle of sanitizer. It's the idea of animal germs that bother me, it's the oils they leave on my skin.

Fabala
10-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I also have a problem with people reading my unfinished work. Several times I've been known to hide the screen and my head under a blanket while I'm trying to finish a story. I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm not ready for intense scrutiny until I've gotten to the fifth or sixth draft.

I'm like that too, but with anything having to do with writing or being on the computer. I guess it comes from having a fairly large family and not usually having privacy. I guard it ferociously, which hubby and my family can all attest to.

Bubble_gum
10-20-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm OCD about chalkboards, for instance, I hate when people put their hands on a chalkboard bcuz it leaves marks from the oils on their skins. or the sound of nails on a chalkboard. things like that drive me crazy. I also can't stand when someone erases on the chalkboard but lives the smallest line still visable. ><

Beast
10-20-2007, 06:57 PM
The List:
•I can't walk on the same side of the street of someone I don't know
•I have to speed up when someone is directly behind me
•I have to have music playing when I'm doing work at school
•When crossing the street I will NOT walk infront of a car. (bad experience)
•I have to sleep on my right side

The Rebel
10-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Where do I start? I share the book thing kinda. I'm obsessive about things I borrow. I'm majorly obsessive about anime, (the watching of) and about people leaving my stuff alone. Think that's about it.

Bucky Katt
10-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I am obsessed with keeping my money in order. If I have twenty dollars total in my handbag, I have to have half of it in my pocket. If I have one dollar, I have to debate with myself on what I want to spend it on, and then see what the change left over can get me. If I have fifteen cents left over, I get angry at myself and throw the change at a passerby.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
10-20-2007, 09:21 PM
idk ... has to wear a certain jewelry?
And yea, like Bucky. I keep my money organized -_- I'm a very organized person

DarkStory
10-21-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm somewhat of a germaphobe.I cannot not stand to get any germs on me from like, the bathroom.People who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom is disgusting.

Exquiro
10-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Far too many things I can tell you that. It never occured to me that there's a chance I may have mild OCD... It's highly unlikely anyway... Right?

Okay, here's a few.

- Anything like wonkey picture frames, bumps in rugs, things that aren't evenly spaced, objects facing the wrong way, toothbrushes upsidown in the pot, books with their spines facing into the bookshelf... You get the idea.

- Spelling. I'm not a grammar nazi but it pains me to see people confuse there, their and they're or your and you're. I'm not great at spelling but if there's a word I know I can't spell, I try to avoid using it or look it up. I'll also edit my posts if I notice I made a typo.

- Sleaves. Pulled up or over my wrists. I CANNOT stand to have my sleaves end at my wrists. Call me a scruff but that's the way I like it.

- Thinking about doing something... Then not. It's only with small things though :/ E.g. I once dropped a pinecone in my bedroom, thought about picking it up, then didn't... It bugged me all day and the first thing I did when I got home was go upstairs and put the pinecone back on the shelf.

Nobodies gonna read my post if I make it any longer. So I'll stop here.

Eris - o_o How can you not be bothered by ANYTHING?

foxkit2409
10-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Oh boy, where to start..
My flute has to be shimmering before a concert or competition, trading cards have to be in numerical order, and all papers have to be in a certain folder.. I think that's about it.

OminousCloud
10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
I just realised another one...

I know I'm obsessive with the condition of my books but I can't actually have them on a book shelf, they need to be in stacks under my table. It seems a bit counter-intuitive but oh well.

KuroTan
10-21-2007, 11:21 PM

I know I'm obsessive with the condition of my books but I can't actually have them on a book shelf, they need to be in stacks under my table. It seems a bit counter-intuitive but oh well.

Oh I do that. I stack them all together then place something really heavy on top of them, that way they stay flat. Though that's mostly for my manga and not the paperbacks.

overwatch
10-22-2007, 03:24 AM

Well my books are in stacks on both the floor and my book self, but it has more to do the the lack of space in my room and my largeish collection of books

OminousCloud
10-22-2007, 03:30 AM
I just feel weird if there are actually books on my shelf ._. I have all sorts of other stuff on there lol

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Most of you don't know what OCD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_disorder) is, and that's sad.

Like, half of you think it means Anal-retentive, and the other half of you have some vague idea of what it is, but think your little character quarks count when they don't.

Eris
10-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Most of you don't know what OCD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_disorder) is, and that's sad.

Since when have people here ever let themselves be stopped by the fact that they haven't got a clue about what they were actually speaking of?

overwatch
10-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Give a refrence that they will get - just watch Monk on Tv (the detective) - that should at least give an idea as to what is meant by OCD

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Since when have people here ever let themselves be stopped by the fact that they haven't got a clue about what they were actually speaking of?

I know. It's still sad, though.

Give a refrence that they will get - just watch Monk on Tv (the detective) - that should at least give an idea as to what is meant by OCD

Yeah, but if I say, "Just go watch Monk" the people 'round here would get confused and start listing fears as an example of OCD.

~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~
10-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Well, one thing I know I'm obsessive about ... checking my car is locked all the time >.> I know I've locked it and yet I can't stop checking the handle to make sure it's locked. *L* but that's about it ... basically I have to keep going back and checking that I've done something all the time and it sucks.

King_Shadow89
10-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Keeping everything clean and neat.

GrimStride™
10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Well...FOOD

I mean i really hate someone eating my food.GET YOUR OWN!!!I buy myself like 6 sandwiches and i sit infrond of the TV ready to start the one thing i'm looking forward to after a long day of school and practice and some1 comes and takes a sandwich.I feel like my whole meal was disturbed and it really pisses me of.I know its kinda weird but its hard to get over it

Exquiro
10-22-2007, 12:32 PM

Like, half of you think it means Anal-retentive, and the other half of you have some vague idea of what it is, but think your little character quarks count when they don't.

You're completely right o_o Man... I feel like such a dunce XD

*Goes to research OCD*

Ryuuzaki Lawliet
10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
I am obsessive compulsive about everything thus, the name Ryuuzaki Lawliet ( I know those are different names, but I liked both so, there you have an example of obsessive compulsive behavior)

Finvarra
10-22-2007, 04:14 PM
I NEEED a shower every day.
Sometimes twice a day.

I will go insane if i don't.
(I think that counts...?)

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-22-2007, 04:21 PM
I NEEED a shower every day.
Sometimes twice a day.

I will go insane if i don't.
(I think that counts...?)
No. No it doesn't.

Kawairashii hikari
10-22-2007, 04:34 PM
i'd say my video games, organized from the ones i play like everyday to ones i hardly play anymore...that's for my consoles and handhelds, and i really don't let anybody handle my handhelds except people that i trust since i luff my video games to death, and if they break i most likely will not get a new one from my parents...(they'll have to buy one for me...of course ^^') but and my cell phone important numbers in their of my dearest friends hate it if anyone broke it...

When playing monopoly, I have to line all my money up in order; 1s, 5s, 10s, etc. And I can never have any money thats not there. As in if something is like 150 dollars and I will run out of 50s if I use my last one, I'll use like four 10s and two 5s as to keep my money all "there." It bothers me soooo much when its not like that.
yes me too it has to be ordered like that so i know exactly how much i have and keep track of it

DarkStory
10-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Basically from the Wikipedia linked it means you cannot help yourself to keep on doing it whether you want to or not.

You can be obsessive about something, but not go crazy, just like being obsessed with a singer or whatever.That's something you don't want to stop.

OCD controls you.

I'm not sure if my germaphobia is really OCD, but I can really go crazy if i'm not clean.Some things I will not tolerate to touch.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Basically from the Wikipedia linked it means you cannot help yourself to keep on doing it whether you want to or not.

You can be obsessive about something, but not go crazy, just like being obsessed with a singer or whatever.That's something you don't want to stop.

OCD controls you.

I'm not sure if my germaphobia is really OCD, but I can really go crazy if i'm not clean.Some things I will not tolerate to touch.
No, phobias are something completely different. Now if you have to wash your hands exactly 16 times to make the world correct, then you probably have OCD.

DarkStory
10-22-2007, 05:14 PM
No, phobias are something completely different. Now if you have to wash your hands exactly 16 times to make the world correct, then you probably have OCD.
Hmmm Maybe I don't then, does getting every dirty part of my skin clean till the world is correct count, or only the way I do it, like the 16 time thing?

Either way, I need to be clean, to make my world correct lol.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Hmmm Maybe I don't then, does getting every dirty part of my skin clean till the world is correct count, or only the way I do it, like the 16 time thing?

Either way, I need to be clean, to make my world correct lol.
Well, 16 times is an example. The point is the repeatition.

DarkStory
10-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Well, 16 times is an example. The point is the repeatition.
Ahhh.

Yeah, I don't think I have that.

I do have a numbers thing with some things, but nothing significant that changes me.

Ωmega
10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I have to sleep with calamine lotion on my face, otherwise I cant sleep. [I use it to prevent oil while I sleep, otherwise I break out really bad...its become a complusive thing]

I hate eating with my hands, and I cant bring myself to eat pizza with my hands...I use a fork and knife.

I constantly run my hand through my hair and run my fingers along my scalp. Ive tried to stop it, but I cant help but do it at least once a day.

I do this...shaky thing with my leg.

I have more, just cant think of them atm >_>;;

KuroTan
10-22-2007, 06:38 PM
I do this...shaky thing with my leg.

I've got that too. That... shaky whatever it's called.

DarkStory
10-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Heh, I'm shaking my leg now.

Perpetual Specter
10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
I have a habit of tapping my fingers on my head a lot.O_o

DarkStory
10-22-2007, 07:25 PM
I think this thread should be retitled to "The Habit/Phobia/OCD Thread".

shikamaruluv13
10-22-2007, 07:28 PM
bent paper,it just bother me,I have to have my paper neat

suki love
10-22-2007, 08:39 PM
hmmm thats hard!!! >.<
guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
i get very obbssessive over guys!!!! woot
i have to like a guy no matter what in every anime i like and in school and stuff like that or ill get very frustrated about it XP
but yeah

^.^

Inamorata
10-22-2007, 08:51 PM
cloths on the bed..

so if yer on my bed get naked!! lol j/k.

no i cant stand like dirty cloths or even clean cloths on the bed. they have to be put somwhere!!! usually i push them off the bed tho, but then i look for clean cloths and they have gotten mixed with dirty ones that are on the floor. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END!

Kawairashii hikari
10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I've got that too. That... shaky whatever it's called.

i do too heh and my mom always begs for me to stop it gets on her nerves for some reason or another

MistressPookyChan
10-23-2007, 03:21 AM
Everything has to be turned off and unplugged before going to bed or leaving the house. Instead of just checking once and leaving, I have to do it many times. And the cord has to be in the same place... and the plug can't be touching anything else (just in case). Then, I fret about it for awhile on the train. SOOOO annoying, especially when I miss my train over it.

The Rebel
10-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh, another thing I obsess about. I obsess about having a fav anime, and then buying it on DVD just to find they have reworded it from what it used to be. That is SOOO annoying.

Saiyan Destroyer
10-26-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm OCD over alphabetical order. My games are like that. My movies are like that. All of my stores Wii games are like that, and so will the DS and X Box/360 games on Saturday.

Zanethose
10-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Lets make a list, shall we?

1. Must have at least 2 cups of black (no sugar, no cream) coffee every morning.
2. Must wake up between 6 and 6:05 A.M. on weekdays and no later then 1:30 P.M. on weekends or on days I have off.
3. I must use mechanical pencils, I absolutely cannot stand regular ones.
4. My lead HAS to be 0.5mm
5. I can't have any white spots on a colored picture (especially inbetween where two colors meet)
6. My drawings HAVE to be clean and precise, both proportionatly and in the terms of drawing technique and style. If they arent, I usually throw them away and start over.
7. I have to use a certain controller with every gaming console.
8. Everything has to be organized by size and shape. (largest in back/ bottom, smallest in front/ top)
9. My paper money has to be folded straight down the middle.
10. I have to be sitting in my rocking chair when I do homework, otherwise I have even more trouble concentrating than usual. (This ties in with my ADD too!! :D )
11. I have to keep my PSP by itself in my left pocket, my pencils, wallet and phone in my right.

Hmm...thats all I can think of at the moment hahaha.

Kitanoru
10-26-2007, 09:36 PM
I am afraid of others breaking my belongings because it has happened before. I also like my belongings to be like how they were when I just got them -without scratches, kept clean, and put away properly so that they are out of the way and do not end up broken. Especially my 30 gB HD Mp3 player, my 180 gB computer, and my Ps2 with the games! I always watch those items closely if someone is using them and I am right there to grab them. Also, if I am stressed out about something I may wash my hands multiple numbers of times - I have become better with not doing that as frequently as I use to when I was little, but I still do sometimes.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Using the bastardized definition of OCD prevelent in this thread, I have OCD in relation to telling you all that you do not have OCD.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCD) or GTHO.

Zanethose
10-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Yes yes yes, OCD is based upon repeatition, I know that.

But when a Licensed professional tells me I have OCD, I think I'm gonna believe them, if thats ok. (No offense intended, by the way.)

Oh, just thought of another one

12. I have to hit the clear button on my calculator exaclty 24 times before I allow myself to enter another problem.

DarkStory
10-27-2007, 04:21 AM
Yes yes yes, OCD is based upon repeatition, I know that.

But when a Licensed professional tells me I have OCD, I think I'm gonna believe them, if thats ok. (No offense intended, by the way.)

Oh, just thought of another one

12. I have to hit the clear button on my calculator exaclty 24 times before I allow myself to enter another problem.
I never had an exact number to doing that, but I also used to clear it a bunch of times also.

Interpreter
10-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Well, I have a few things I'm obsessive over.

1)Cheese and potatoes. Try to snatch them from me and I'll bash the culprit. (I eat them at least few times a week.)
2)My phone must be charged approximately 2 hours (I even time it. O.o)
3)Number on car plates. I'll count each one I pass by, be it through addition, subtraction,multiplication or division.
4)Noone can touch my face. Weird, I know. Who touches, I'll bash them.. Same as 1).
5)Credit cards. No,not for shopping~ But I like collecting them,so hide your credit cards from me!!!! (I can go to extreme measures for a credit card I like)
6)I tend to write letters on myself. Sometimes I write with pen, pencil, ruler, anything that is on my hand. Sometimes I use my own hand to force out the words on my palm (literally.)
7)Obsession to look for the perfect book. Meaning must be totally perfect~ no creases, no smudges, no scribblings of any kind... and i dun mean as in new books. My correction; I have the weird obsession to find the perfect antique book. Not that I understand it myself. O.o

Will be continued...

Thingle
10-27-2007, 04:50 AM
I'm Obsessive about Quality control. I give each appliance I buy really rough treatment during its warranty period.

Zanethose
10-27-2007, 11:53 AM
I never had an exact number to doing that, but I also used to clear it a bunch of times also.

Haha, mine HAS to be exactly 24, if I accidently go over, I start over xD. Obviously, this results in me not finishing a lot of tests >.>

Oh, got another

13. I unplug and replug in my XBox Live headset exactly 7 times whenever I turn on my 360 (not because I have to to get it to work.)

.Lovebeat
10-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Keeping my computer cleaned out, and scanning it everyday.
Cant stand having unused icons on my computer screen.
Same here about the icons. I hate having icons on my screen when I don't use them... and I have tried to remove a few but they keep coming back because I realize that I need them.

I also hate when my desk is filled with papers, books, pencil and whatnot. It's always in the way!
Bent papers are annoying as well... and I hate erasers that are split into two.
I got more. I can name over 50 things I get annoyed about but I won't do that. >_>;

Momokachan
10-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Let's see, where to begin...
With general quirks, it has to be like this:
1. Lists must have numbers, a period, then two spaces before the text. (I have anal English teachers.)
2. When using paper towel dispensers, I have to pull the lever exactly eight times.
3. If I tear a fingernail, it MUST be either clipped or chewed at until it's not ragged anymore. It's not about vanity. It just drives me up the wall.
4. My jeans have to be at least long enough to reach the tops of my feet. Not the tops of my shoes, but my feet. This often results in my not having enough jeans that "fit."
5. Grammar is a MUST. Again, I had very anal English teachers, so I turned into a Grammar-Nazi, at least with the people I'm comfortable with correcting.

Musical quirks:
Okay, this takes some explaining. I have a condition called synesthesia. When most people hear the word, they think of the version brought on by LSD, but I assure you that I'm not on drugs.
Synesthesia is a neurological condition where I'm "hard-wired" to experience things differently, specifically my sense of hearing. When I hear a sound, there are also specific color and shape experiences that come with it.
Music "OCD":
1. It MUST be in tune. I don't care what it is, but if it's out of tune, I won't listen.
2. Discordant notes = bad, in every sense.
3. Rhythm must be at the very least close.

And those are my OCDs.

OminousCloud
10-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Using the bastardized definition of OCD prevelent in this thread, I have OCD in relation to telling you all that you do not have OCD.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCD) or GTHO.

So I gave the thread the wrong title, sue me... killjoy

and that would still be anal-retentive because you don't post 6 times in a row to tell us we don't have OCD, you don't even repeat it in the same post...

Rebellion
10-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Joe Jonas, if that isn't obvious already. >x]

I also have a strong obsession towards music.

Nephthys
11-01-2007, 09:15 PM
cleaning i am totally a neat freak!!

scenekid17
11-01-2007, 09:32 PM
i always have to make my bed befor i go to sleep even thought its gonna get messed up anyway

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-01-2007, 09:38 PM
and that would still be anal-retentive because you don't post 6 times in a row to tell us we don't have OCD, you don't even repeat it in the same post...

Key Phrase:
Using the bastardized definition of OCD prevelent in this thread

dark wrath
11-01-2007, 10:28 PM
keeping everything i like in perfect condition.

OminousCloud
11-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Sorry MP2k I read that as

Using the bastardized definition of OCD is prevelent in this thread

my bad.

Exquiro
11-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Hmmm.... Okay first I'm gonna pray to my cat that I've got it this time... If not I'm sure our personal OCD Police Officer will put me straight. >.>

This is hard to describe so I'll cut it down to filling a glass of water. Imagine it like layers. You cannot half fill a glass of water cos that means the glass has half a layer on the bottom half and no layer on the top half. So you fill it to the top so the layer is even. You cannot then pour out half the glass, because that means you gain another half layer on the top. (No, you don't lose half a layer. It's another action so you've gained it). Then you have half a layer on the bottom half and two layers on the top half. You have to pour it all out and fill it to the top again. Pouring out half the glass then drinking the other half does not count. Don't as why, it just doesn't. Drink the whole glass or pour it away.

It's not exactly based on repition.

A need for both sides of the body to feel even. A person with OCD might walk down a sidewalk and step on a crack with the ball of their left foot, then feel the need to step on another crack with the ball of their right foot. If one hand gets wet, the sufferer may feel very uncomfortable if the other is not. If the sufferer is walking and bumps into something, he/she may hit the object or person back to feel a sense of evenness. These symptoms are also experienced in a reversed manner. Some sufferers would rather things to be uneven, favoring the preferred side of the body.

After reading the entire article I have come to the conclusion it's something like this. The stepping on cracks is a thing for me :/ You tap me on the shoulder I tap my other shoulder... But it won't feel the same 'cuz I tapped myself harder by mistake. That can be frustrating. Trying to even it out by tapping again doesn't work... I suppose I'd have to tap the first shoulder as hard as I tapped the second shoulder then tap the second shoulder as hard as you tapped me... That way the layers are evened out again, and neither are thicker...

o_o

EDIT:

Twisting the head on a toy around, then twisting it all the way back exactly in the opposite direction. (See even body section)

Yup.

Still, I doubt I have OCD. I can ignore it. It's just the more I think about something the more I feel the need to do it.

VIII_Axel
11-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Everything has to be straight... If there's a statue out of place or a picture just slightly crooked, I notice, and obsess over it until it is fixed. My room has to be sprayed with fabreez and air freshoner stuff and I use like, hand sanitizer whenever I touch anything. -I don't know why. Guess I'm germophobic?- Plus if pages in my books get marked, wrinkled, ripped, etc.. Even slightly, If I cant fix it or get the crease out of it to the point where I can't easily see it, I'll buy a new one. Spelling and grammar is another thing. If I don't know how to spell a word then it's fine, I either look it up or spell it how I think, but if I make a typo or things like that, it drives me nuts. Same goes for when writing in english class.

Actually what was mensioned in the post above me in the first quote box happens to me a lot too.. o_O

I don't know if every bit of this had to do with what was asked but there's my answer.