PDA

View Full Version : Food Poisoning

Gaarademon
10-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Sunday I was walking around looking for a place to eat
i find a place and get some chicken and eat it
next moring i puke my brains out i was out of school for 4 days
this week so this my first day back in school
have any of you ever had food poisoning?
doesn't it stink?

zyronet
10-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Food poisoning? I can't remember if ever i felt like to puke my brains out or something like that. [kinda hyperbole, i know.. ^^] But there's an experience i could relate it to.. I do remember, like after eating this food bought from street vendors, my stomach started aching badly and i was confined to the hospital for about.. 3 days, i think?
I was being neglectful of where my food comes from, all i could think for was to eat anything that would suit my taste.

GrimStride™
10-19-2007, 09:02 AM
I had that once.It was awfull cuz i puked non stop for 4 days and missed a whole week at school.Worst part was that the first couple of days whatever i ate came out 30 seconds later:(

-akichan-
10-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Mine wasn't too bad, it happened last year in december.

I normally have no problem with seafood, but one time i ate seafood and right afterward, my WHOLE body started to itch like crazy, i never felt that kind of itch before, so i started scratching, and the skin started to look dissolving and i felt the burning too. I still went to school, then i felt dizzy and passed out all the sudden, then when i woke up i was in the infirmary. The nurse asked me what did i consume, i told her that it could be an allergy, but she told me that it could be a food poisoning because while i was in the sleep, a little vomit was coming out from my mouth. Then the itch took me totally a week! ><'

sa5m
10-19-2007, 03:16 PM
I've actually never had food poisoning before! It's amazing.

-Kitsune-
10-19-2007, 03:19 PM
I have had food poisoning... 3 or 4 times so far and it is one of the worst sicknesses... Mine was really bad becuase (for some reason) instead of just getting sick, at random times during the day, my whole abdomen/stomach would just seize up for about five minutes to the point where I couldnt even stand. Horrific pain, trust me T.T I havent gotten it since... June but it was still really bad..

Eris
10-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Sunday I was walking around looking for a place to eat
i find a place and get some chicken and eat it
next moring i puke my brains out i was out of school for 4 days
this week so this my first day back in school
have any of you ever had food poisoning?
doesn't it stink?

Post hoc ergo propter hoc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc)? Are you sure the chicken caused it? Could have been a lapse in bathroom hygiene by someone you shook hands with, or some other unpredictable event out of your hands.

As for your question: No. I caught the Norwalk virus last year though. Very unpleasant experience.

OminousCloud
10-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I've had food poisoning a few times. To avoid getting really sick I drink this herbal concoction that my mum makes. It cleans out your system in one go so all the bacteria are expelled xD Hazzah!

KuroTan
10-19-2007, 06:27 PM
I got food poisoned two years ago at a hotel we were staying at in one of our stops before we fly home. Spent one of the two days we stayed there hanging out in the hotel room alternately puking and drinking Gatorade while my family went out to savor the sights of Cebu. Shame I didn't get to go but they brought home a classical guitar that made me feel a little bit better (though I still haven't learned how to play it.) Turns out the pastry was a little stale at the breakfast buffet.

overwatch
10-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Well for me I got food poisoning once whilst at uni - that meant one whole day with no food and having to care for myself - I had to get my own warm orange, plus no medicene - so just sat down and watched DVDs (and brought up my stomach every so often) Glad that it only lasted one full day

-Kitsune-
10-19-2007, 07:01 PM
~EDIT: Quoted a stupid post that a mod has now deleted, so... yeah >.>
Response deleted

CrimsonMoon
10-19-2007, 09:09 PM
I don't know if I had one before but I certainly had an unpleasant memory with puking. x.x

realms89
10-19-2007, 10:53 PM
yup its crap

Wio
10-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, one time I ate something that my mother also ate and we were the only ones who got sick so I guess it was the food. It is pretty painful.

I'm not sure why you would want to talk about it though....

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Not recently, I have a high constitution score and good fortitude saves.

Wio
10-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Not recently, I have a high constitution score and good fortitude saves.
I thought it was the LUK that decreased your chances of getting poisoned.

International 4-8818
10-20-2007, 01:30 AM
yeah i got a bad case of it one time at some Chinese restaurant. Of course it was the chicken. I barfed a lung the next day.

Gizoku
10-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Lol its odd that I havent gotten food poisoning at all, or from what I remember at least. I havent puked since elementary school.

Perpetual Specter
10-20-2007, 01:45 AM
I got food poisoning before a couple times.One time,I'm not sure what I ate,but I got sick enough that I could barely drink plain water without throwing it up.It was awful.

keezy.
10-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I've never had food poisoning and quite frankly, the idea scares me. It's like food betraying you >< (maybe that's going a bit overboard...lol)
But my uncle got food poisoning (and still has it) he got it on his birthday, doesn't that suck? I feel so bad for him T^T

shougo amakousa
10-20-2007, 11:56 AM
I had food poisoning once when I was on vacation and I had this great looking fish curry(my favourite food) turned out my stomach dint take well to it.I had to stay back at the resort while everyone had fun.If curses worked I'd be an orphan by now.

Kyo Kusanagi
10-20-2007, 12:43 PM
My first ever time leaving Texas, I vacationed in Florida. I think I got food poisoning from McDonalds pancakes. It sucked, because I didn't really get the chance to do anything while there.

Eris
10-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I thought it was the LUK that decreased your chances of getting poisoned.

Luck and intelligence determines the chance of being exposed to it, constitution and strength (well, fortitude) determines what effects (if any) it will have on you. If you're a half orc barbarian, you will likely have low intelligence, thus eat raw meat and stuff, but high fortitude, so you won't get sick.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Luck and intelligence determines the chance of being exposed to it, constitution and strength (well, fortitude) determines what effects (if any) it will have on you. If you're a half orc barbarian, you will likely have low intelligence, thus eat raw meat and stuff, but high fortitude, so you won't get sick.

It's also worth mentioning that Monks get immunity to all non-magical diseases at some point, because WotC loves the hell out of them. This means that monks could eat rotten meat all day long if they wanted to but most monks are too pansy to eat meat, period. Which is sad.

Eris
10-21-2007, 04:28 AM
It's also worth mentioning that Monks get immunity to all non-magical diseases at some point, because WotC loves the hell out of them. This means that monks could eat rotten meat all day long if they wanted to but most monks are too pansy to eat meat, period. Which is sad.

Yeah, but they also have über-maxed wis (by design) and will probably not eat rotten meat in the first place. ... unless they are Monks of Yurtrus or some such.

Wio
10-21-2007, 04:38 AM
It's also worth mentioning that Monks get immunity to all non-magical diseases at some point
I didn't agree that it was worthy enough to make the cut myself, but, what can you do?