PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about WoW

Uchiha Ulquiorra
10-13-2007, 03:05 AM
I was just wondering about how man people here play WoW I started a few months ago, and went with the so called easy mode with a hunter. He's a 54 now, and I just wanted to find other people that were my level, to group with and quest. I don't like soloing anymore. and I obviously can't solo Maraudon, or Sunken temple. xD PUBs usually suck too, there's always one moron that will get everyone killed in an instance.

Renegade of Life
10-13-2007, 05:40 PM
I played it for a long time, had a Tauren Shaman that I made lvl 50 something with before I got fed up with Blizzard's $15/month playing fee when they really weren't giving any better quality of service than a lot of free MMORPGs give.

Probably wouldn't be worth my time going back to it now, since Burning Crusade came out it would only cost even more money to try getting back into it, and I would have the nightmare of levelling again.

-Batman-
10-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I played it for a long time, had a Tauren Shaman that I made lvl 50 something with before I got fed up with Blizzard's $15/month playing fee when they really weren't giving any better quality of service than a lot of free MMORPGs give.

Probably wouldn't be worth my time going back to it now, since Burning Crusade came out it would only cost even more money to try getting back into it, and I would have the nightmare of levelling again.

Patch 2.3.

All quests from level 10-60 give more XP, and it takes less XP to level from those levels.
So leveling won't be much of a hastle.

And yeah, I play poopcraft.
My character list looks like this.

70 Dreanei Mage
26 Blood Elf Paladin
29 Dreanei Warrior
18 Dreanei Priest
39 Night Elf Hunter
14 Dreanei Paladin
8 Human Rogue
6 Night Elf Druid (The only Male)
6 Dreanei Shaman
21 Human Warlock

Masali
10-13-2007, 09:17 PM
I am currently divorced from WoW, but there's a chance we'll get back together. Leveling is annoying, instances are boring, and the people are complete douchebags (especially on me and deadpool's realm of Eldre' Thalis). My list is like this:

45 NE Rogue
34 Troll Priest
28 BE Warlock
29 NE Hunter
Like...some level 4 and 5 various other classes that are throw aways.

Tenchi Masaki
10-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Just when I thought my mistress known as WoW had been a part of my past...I have returned to her along with my close group of friends.

My close friends and I quit WoW for about 8 months since we all started to become busy with our jobs/schooling. After we got settled in and after MUCH debate about why we hated WoW and why we loved it the fated return back to Azeroth was agreed upon.

Before I left WoW I was on Gorgonnash.
This was my character list:

lvl 70 Human Paladin
lvl 70 NE Hunter
lvl 42 Human Warlock
lvl 35 Gnome Warrior
lvl 32 Dranei Shaman

On my Paly and Hunter I have been through and cleared Molten Core, Black Wing Lair, Onyxia, Zul' Gurub. Our guild attempted AQ 40 and downed the 3rd boss while we made no attempt to pursue Nax.

The reason we left WoW was because showing up for raids on time began to take up the priority of school/work/physically hanging out at a resturaunt, someone's house, or arcade. We agreed upon returning to WoW with a mutual agreement that we would keep things casual. The allure to raiding might interest us sometime, but if it does we have a better idea of what's important to us: Life>Gear.

We want to just fool around with the PvP bracket this time and be more PvP focused.

Also...we're going Horde!

so far this is my character list on Firetree and its not anything to brag about haha, we're all starting from scratch so its fun AND frustrating. Seriously...having 70's run your alts is something you should not get use to haha but its fun instancing with a normal group for once instead of staring at someone mow down mobs for half an hour.

Character List:

31 Tauren Shaman
24 Orc Warrior
19 UD Priest

Right now my main is going to be my Orc Warrior since I've always been interested in tanking (I went prot on my Pally and enjoyed it).

If any of you guys still play and want to hop on Firetree let me know. Like I said, I'm starting from scratch but we have our own guild up on that server already and from time to time we just chill and Quest/Instance. The new patch is going to be awesome once it goes live, but for now I'm really enjoying the Horde Side of the world. The layout of the towns take time to get use to, but playing on the other side feels like a brand new game.

So yeah, I still play WoW and if any of you guys and gals want to play on Firetree Horde side let me know.

Hope to see some of you guys in Azeroth sometime, either in Battlegrounds or in the server I'm playing in ^^.

Darkcloud90
10-15-2007, 03:59 PM
I haven't played for a while, but i have a character on Maelstrom.

the characters name is:
sandfox lvl 33 NE Hunter
guild: Ordo Silver Draconis:computer:

Uchiha Ulquiorra
10-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Yeah, forgot to put wha Realm i'm in, XD

Hydraxis. Guild is The Flaming Shadow.

I thought about making a Horde char, but, i'd stay in the same realm.

Just yesterday I got in my opinion, one of the best Pole arms in the game. The Ice Barbed Spear. I'm attempting to skill that up when the servers are back up.

I got some crappy gear other than that, lol. i'm a 54 with lvl 42 shoulders 44 feet, and a 43 cape. Searching for quests on Wowhead right now to upgrade those.

I haven't made it to 70 yet, but i'll get there eventually.

nickinerdface
10-16-2007, 09:35 AM
i used to play a lot, but since the majority of my friends have went on to do other things, i find it really boring. i've tried leveling on another realm, but it's not the same without the people i used to know.

i have a 70 human paladin on twisting nether. the next highest character on the realm is 41, a boomkin.

i must say, if you don't find a solid group of friends to go to instances with, or do other stuff with, it could get a little boring. at least, that's how it was for me. i hate having to PuG a member or two. so i hope you'll find a few people on your realm!

Steee'heven
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Eldre'Thalas server.

70 Nelf Druid
65 Nelf Hunter
blah
blah
blah alts nobody cares.

I've played too much to not do everything. Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, AQ 20-40, Zul'Gurub. I've played off and on for about a year and a half and now I'm back into the game and raiding again. Again starting another character, PVP server, warlock. Could be fun.

Guan-yin
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Lightbringer.
70 Draenei Shadow Priest
42 Human Warlock
21 Gnome Warlock
21 Tauren Druid
4 Draenei Mage.

I've not done many raids. Only Karazhan. We've not progressed beyond that sadly. :( Oh well. I'm giving it a break. I suddenly lost interest in it. I may pick it up later. :shrug:

Almirith
10-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Realm: Hyjal
Main: Almirith - Lv 45 Human Warlock
Guild: Beyond the Thunder

Gravemaker
11-08-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm on Windrunner
70 Human Warlock - Gravemaker
64 Night Elf Rogue - VashTheStamp

The word is Zul aman will drop on us next week. I'm so excited to finally have a shot at socketed weapons. My guild is currently recruiting healers if anyone has one were about to begin Black Temple.

Hlynur
11-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Well... I used to play but i kinda got bored on the game eventually.
My one and only... original account that i never gave away.

70 Bloodelf warlock
70 Night elf warrior
62 undead priest
61 Troll Hunter
And alot of lower than 60 alts

Than I was given these and those accounts but always got bored from them...
so I gave them back.

lvl 62 troll shaman
lvl 70 tauren druid
lvl 60 night elf hunter
lvl 60 troll priest
lvl 60 undead rogue

:yeahthat:

Magistrate
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I have characters all over the World of Warcraft world. I get easily bored of one server.

Quel'Dorei:
70 Night Elf Warrior
70 Night Elf Druid
20 Blood Elf Rogue

Uldum:
35 Draenei Shaman

Bleeding Hollow:
70 Blood Elf Mage
70 Undead Warlock
8 Human Mage

Cenarion Circle:
70 Night Elf Rogue
63 Draenei Hunter

I hardly play anymore, unless I'm dragged to it. Only time I'm every one for more than an hour, is on raid days for the respective guilds I am in. Otherwise, being 70 is extremely boring to just wait around doing nothing on.

Alicaryn Silentread
11-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Eh. I recently started playing WoW back in July.
So far I have this:

Uldum:
16 Blood Elf Mage
31 Draenai Hunter

Quel'dorei(I had to check the spelling off Magi. >.>; ):
5 Night Elf Hunter

Twisting Nether:
7 Night Elf Rogue.

All female. :3

Sanosuke23
11-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Twisting Nether

18 human rogue
14 gnome warlock
24 dranny shammy
40 dranny pally

and the jewel of the realm, a level 10 Night Elf Warrior named Ohbunnoxios. I go up to bad RPers, yell at them, activate Blood Rage or whatever that one skill is, and go kill a cow or something.

Destromath

33 Undead Priest
27 Belf Hunter with a pet spider named Fuzzy. When this guy was noobsauce nobody knew where I found the brown tarantula model, it was great.

other crap that isn't worth a mention.

Tetsanosuke
12-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I have it now but my internet connection wont let me log onto the game servers.

I called my ISP and emailed Blizzard, and they both told me to do what I did over three times on all the Help and FaQ. Then my ISP said it wasn't their issue when I can't get on the AF chatroom either..

And now I can't get to the Ipod update server either for my Itunes.

But back to WoW. I have a 29 Druid, a 20 Hunter and a few other random characters on Area 52.

Kirgash - Druid
Tetsuro- Hunter
Nosuke- Mage
Luteous - Warrior
---- ^ Alliance.

Tenchi Masaki
12-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I hardly play anymore, unless I'm dragged to it. Only time I'm every one for more than an hour, is on raid days for the respective guilds I am in. Otherwise, being 70 is extremely boring to just wait around doing nothing on.

Yowza that's quite the list there Magistrate!

You don't intend on doing any arena matches?
I agree that running around on your main/70 character is pretty boring but I guess if you're in an active arena team then it could kill off some of the boredom.

I remember those days where I just idle in IronForge on my mount while I watch people inspect me haha.

I'm expecting to hit 70 with my horde characters by the end of January along with some friends of mine so I hope that Arena will be able to kill off those bored times...otherwise I'll be idle in Ogrimmar on my mount watching people inspect me haha.

Magistrate
12-08-2007, 11:16 PM
I don't like Arena. I don't really much care for PvP in general, actually, and stay far away from it unless pursued or attacked first. Though, now that they have released the Gladiator Gear season 1 set as PvP rewards for AB, AV, EoS, and the like, I find myself partaking just to get it.

Also, a change to that list. The Warrior I had on Quel'Dorei is now located on Uldum as well. Server transfers are loads of fun.

Zidarri
12-18-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't play much anymore, but I use to play way to much.

70's

Undead Mage
Undead Lock
Undead Warrior
Troll Mage
Troll Rogue
Troll Shaman
Troll Hunter
Troll Priest
Tauren Druid
Tauren Hunter
Orc Rogue
Orc Hunter

Other's include:

60 Warlock
60 Shaman
60 Hunter
59 Druid
59 Priest
49 Hunter
39 Rogue
29 Rogue
19 Rogue

I sold two of three of my accounts.

Only characters I still have are a 70 rogue, 70 warrior, 69 warrior*bros character*, 70 shaman, and a few random characters.

Lune Cy
12-26-2007, 04:47 AM
Played wow with only one char for about 1 year..managed to get it up to lvl 62 ^^...and the next expansion is comming soon...so ill be more demotivated to lvl up my char..cause the level cap will be raised to 80 ^^...anyways...good choice by makin a hunter as ur first char...they considered to be the easiest class to play with...and i hardly see hunterplayers complain about their abilities/spells...So good luck with ur Char ^^

Cantelope
12-31-2007, 03:33 AM
I only play a level 70 rogue. Yes, very very well geared, but regret every second of it. I strongly recommend rolling a healer of some sort, you'll ALWAYS be wanted, for pvp and pve alike.

Now don't get me wrong, rogues have their ups, but I think playing one for two years has kind of gotten me in the dumps.

gaburieru
12-31-2007, 04:33 AM
I've been playing on my lvl 40 dwarf shadow-priest form time to time. I've taken lots of brakes from the game due to school and so on...

Jelly Beans
01-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Gawd I love wow, I have a 70 hunt and a 70 rogue, both Horde. Best game imo!

Im transferring back to my home serv, Illidan so if you want, look me up if you make alt or something!

misterbeefy117
01-04-2008, 06:02 PM
I play on Blackwater Raiders, lvl 70 human paladin and lvl 55, almost 56 undead warrior. When i get enough money im switching to Moon Guard :D The one i play the most is my undead named Xein. Give us a whisper later :D:D

Amuro112
01-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Patch 2.3.

All quests from level 10-60 give more XP, and it takes less XP to level from those levels.
So leveling won't be much of a hastle.

And yeah, I play poopcraft.
My character list looks like this.

70 Dreanei Mage
26 Blood Elf Paladin
29 Dreanei Warrior
18 Dreanei Priest
39 Night Elf Hunter
14 Dreanei Paladin
8 Human Rogue
6 Night Elf Druid (The only Male)
6 Dreanei Shaman
21 Human Warlock

yea quest are ez but it takes crap load of amount of time and effort to get back where other people gears are just so that they are equal.....

i had a lvl 60 paladin with like tier 2/2.5 back in the old days
then i give up cause of time/real life issues and other stuff
honestly i say it was a good choice to drop the game.

it was taking way too much time then its suppose to. 4-6 hour of raid to get a graphic item, worst is when u didnt get it/jacked or the boss did not drop the item u want, so a wasted 4-6 hours for nothing

rf switch
01-12-2008, 07:22 PM
I play pretty casually. Some friends who had been playing since the early WoW days got me to start playing last month. Much to their dismay I hop on about once or twice a week now.

Alicaryn Silentread
01-12-2008, 11:53 PM
I don't like Arena. I don't really much care for PvP in general, actually, and stay far away from it unless pursued or attacked first. Though, now that they have released the Gladiator Gear season 1 set as PvP rewards for AB, AV, EoS, and the like, I find myself partaking just to get it.

Also, a change to that list. The Warrior I had on Quel'Dorei is now located on Uldum as well. Server transfers are loads of fun.

Oh shut up. You did it for me and LOVED it. <3 ;P

My hunter is now level 45. I feel so...happy. -sniffle.-

I put Uldum, didn't I?

-Batman-
01-13-2008, 03:05 AM
it was taking way too much time then its suppose to. 4-6 hour of raid to get a graphic item, worst is when u didnt get it/jacked or the boss did not drop the item u want, so a wasted 4-6 hours for nothing

Wow, aren't you the greedy little one.

If you play an MMO for gear and being ZOMG T3H AWSOME KWHFBKBKBEEBVM then don't even bother playing them.

Amuro112
01-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow, aren't you the greedy little one.

If you play an MMO for gear and being ZOMG T3H AWSOME KWHFBKBKBEEBVM then don't even bother playing them.

ok.

Tenchi Masaki
01-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Well just to bump this topic around I guess here's some random musings I've done while playing WoW recently:

I'm still adjusting playing on the Horde side. You figure after hitting 60 and going to Outlands I'd get the hang of being a member of the Horde but I still end up rolling into Honor Hold by accident sometimes.

Also in the server I'm in there seems to be an infamous Human Mage that flys around her netherdrake 1-2shotting people questing in Hellfire Pennisula. I've been "pwned" by her a couple of times and I guess it's my initiation into Outlands I suppose haha.

Also my alt, a Troll Rogue, is extremely satisfying to play. Now, I've played through a hunter and paly to level 70 and my warrior is now 63. I have a good handful of alts that have made it to 30+ and at least each one of my characters has been ganked by a rogue. Now that I'm playing one...I see the satisfaction of killing someone when they're sitting down to drink OR cheap shotting a hunter when he just sent his pet to attack a mob.

I mean I hated rogues with a passion. They gank you when you're not at full health and if they fail the gank they Vanish OR pop sprint and make a fast break for it. Now that I'm...returning the favor so to speak I find it hilariously fun. I guess this is why you pick a rogue (imo) haha. Anyways he's nothing fancy, just hit 40 and got him his mount so nothing dangerous yet. Still it is fun to kill someone and stealth out of the area so they don't go looking for you. BG's are fun as well since I can ninja flag nodes in AB or stalk the flag holder on the Alliance side and await for backup.

Well those are just some random thoughts as I went through my daily routine in Azeroth. Looking forward to finally having a 70 Horde Character and yes...I enjoy playing Horde than Alliance. There's just something about killing gnomes that gets me all jittery with excitement, I think it's the way they jump in the air when they die ^^.

Ball Tripper
01-17-2008, 06:11 PM
I got a warlock and a shaman to lvl 70. Both of them are in full epic gear. It took up way to much time to do so. Raiding is kind of fun at first but it gets old.

Edit: I sunk too much of my life into that game to not brag. Armory the character Taim on the server Echo Isles if you wanna see a real warlock.

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-18-2008, 03:53 PM
World of warcraft is pretty lame.

Well, You are what you play.

Sanosuke23
01-18-2008, 10:54 PM
;1949168']World of warcraft is pretty lame.

Well, You are what you play.

So, I take it you don't play anything, then?

Akira Kogami[LC]
01-18-2008, 11:07 PM
So, I take it you don't play anything, then?

Oh. I play video games.

I'm just not a fan of world of warcraft.

The graphics and game play aren't anything to WoW about.

Personally, In my opinion, so many other games are better.

I think WoW is lame.

Sanosuke23
01-19-2008, 02:38 AM
;1949458']Oh. I play video games.

I'm just not a fan of world of warcraft.

The graphics and game play aren't anything to WoW about.

Personally, In my opinion, so many other games are better.

I think WoW is lame.

Well then, may I ask why you felt you needed to reply in a thread about WoW by calling its players lame? Kindly take thine e-peen back to /v/ where it belongs.

Amuro112
01-19-2008, 03:12 AM
lol epeen i havent heard that word in a while.

Tenchi Masaki
01-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Well then, may I ask why you felt you needed to reply in a thread about WoW by calling its players lame? Kindly take thine e-peen back to /v/ where it belongs.

Just when I was about to respond, looks like you beat me to the punch Sanosuke haha.

Anyways, just for curiousities sake...anyone know who "Athene" is?

He is the self-proclaimed "Best Paladin in the World (of Warcraft)." My prediction is that he will be as iconic as "Leeroy Jenkins." Try to YouTube for his videos, they are pretty entertaining to watch. Take him seriously or jokingly, the choice is up to you BUT he does have the gear and...arena rating to back up some of his statements (at one point he was ranked 1st in his arena pvp block).

So yeah, if you guys and gals have some time to kill just YouTube some of Athene's videos. Some tags to help you narrow down your search would be "Athene is Real" and "Best Paladin in the World."

After you see his video you will be doing the Athene aka

"SCFFFT (people spell it differently, I gotta fish around for how Athene spells it haha) Around the Corner!"

Amuro112
01-19-2008, 01:36 PM
yea i just saw a video his him vs a mage in IF
hes pretty good as a holy paladin but the mage was crap. i mean he blinked just to catch him
that only is goina get a hammer of justice in the face.

have u guys heard of JAMAZ and mchammer tho? those were paladins of paladins imo tho they were long time ago :D

<3 reck/holy pallies i even made it somewhat close it was that deadly with damage and support :D

Tenchi Masaki
01-19-2008, 02:12 PM
yea i just saw a video his him vs a mage in IF
hes pretty good as a holy paladin but the mage was crap. i mean he blinked just to catch him
that only is goina get a hammer of justice in the face.

have u guys heard of JAMAZ and mchammer tho? those were paladins of paladins imo tho they were long time ago :D

<3 reck/holy pallies i even made it somewhat close it was that deadly with damage and support :D

Oh lordie I remember the deadly "Reck Bombs"!

One shotting Rag "ftw" haha.

The video you saw of Athene v. The Mage is the one where he lost right? I thought it was hilarious when the guy quoted a post from Athene at the end of the video and played a Kira Laugh at the very end.

His movie seems interesting as well if you didn't check out the trailer for it. It seems like a parody of Borat and of course it's shot documentary style.

Paly's were awesome, then they got gimped but were still great healers and now they're healing is still good but it isn't what it used to be...why did they nerf Divine Illumination to 60%! I loved doing my infinite flash heals (well as long as they crit). Pvp'ing with a Holy Paly is fun as well since its all about survivability instead of mowing a guy down with damage.

Prot Paly v. Prot Warrior duels though...haha those are endless. My friend and I had literally a fifteen minute duel just slapping each other with our 1h-ers and when I bubble healed he went ahead and bandaged up haha (my HoJ was on CD at some points so I couldn't stun him outta the bandage).

Well the days of my Paly is long gone now and I have my Warrior to play with now. I do miss paly healing though, all I did was flash heal spam and read manga...I don't really have that luxary when I'm tanking =(.

Amuro112
01-23-2008, 02:22 AM
post removed for language

Ball Tripper
01-23-2008, 02:34 AM
The boss you are speaking of is Doom Lord Kazzak, the raid boss to the north east of Thrallmar. Also High Lord Kruul in south west blasted lands had the same fight mechanics in the old world. And yes I experienced much griefing involving Kazzak. The first time my guild attempted Kazzak it was pretty much impossible due to half a dozen members of the opposing faction suiciding into him, and healing him when they died.

Just because of the way the fight is set up makes it more trouble than it's worth. Eventually a guild can go and kill him on the first attempt before anybody else knows about it and can go try to mess with it. Or a guild can do enough damage that even with jerks healing the boss it will still die. But at that point you will likely have better loot than what he drops anyway.

Doddz
01-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I too have been playing this game for faaaar to long. Well since the Europeon servers were opened at least.
I play on the Steamwheedle Cartel - Alliance Side - EU

70 Paladin
70 Warrior
70 Priest
70 Warlock
43 Hunter
16 Shaman

I have a habit of completing a character just to move on to the next :D

Sanosuke23
01-24-2008, 02:47 PM
He is the self-proclaimed "Best Paladin in the World (of Warcraft)." My prediction is that he will be as iconic as "Leeroy Jenkins." Try to YouTube for his videos, they are pretty entertaining to watch. Take him seriously or jokingly, the choice is up to you BUT he does have the gear and...arena rating to back up some of his statements (at one point he was ranked 1st in his arena pvp block).

So yeah, if you guys and gals have some time to kill just YouTube some of Athene's videos. Some tags to help you narrow down your search would be "Athene is Real" and "Best Paladin in the World."

After you see his video you will be doing the Athene aka

"SCFFFT (people spell it differently, I gotta fish around for how Athene spells it haha) Around the Corner!"

I just looked this up, and while it is indeed hilarious because he's so damn arrogant, there are others who are more memorable. Notably Alamo and Kralnor, though they're mainly forum-famous.

Heck, Kralnor's got a WoW TCG card. His staff is a good one, after all.

Golden State Warrior
01-24-2008, 11:56 PM
I love WoW. So much, in fact, that I've retired from the game four times already. Depending if I have free time, I usually pop back in from time to time.

Yisun
Night Elf Hunter.
Windrunner (PvE)

The Nightingale
01-25-2008, 12:40 PM
I Play ^_^ I'v played since about 04 when it came out. Though my main is still only lvl 55 >_<

Name-Kina
Race-Nightelf
LVL-55
Class-Hunter
Realm-Draenor
Guild- Heavens Guardian Angels ^_^
I also have A Lvl 20 Bloodelf named Kaeyena on the same realm with my own guild callled Childish Intentions

Inactive Account 0061
02-15-2008, 06:56 AM
Yes. I play wow (^__^)

Night Elf Druid - 70
Gnome Rogue - 70
Draenei Mage - 50
Human Warrior - 62

And some other alts xD

(Yes, I am a G33K) :)

.-Himura-Kenshin-.
02-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Server - Gorgonash
Level - 70 Rogue Stealthrogue
Level - 46 Mage Unseenfate
Level - 30's Every other class
Server - Silverhand
Level - 70 Hunter Edriestle or Edreistle (havn't played in awile)

For all those saying you have around 6-7 level 70's I highly doubt it unless your playing on a private server or the public test realms... But who knows, and why would you even lie about it? :closedeye

~Battousai

Beast
02-25-2008, 10:17 PM
I started playing WoW beginning of January.

Faction: Alliance FTW
Server: Mok'Nathal
Race: Dwarf
Name: Ghorah
Class: Hunter
Level: 48

Metronome
02-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Horde baby.

Beast
02-25-2008, 11:33 PM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mok&#37;27Nathal&n=Ghorah

Open for critique. This is my only character, started from scratch.

Metronome
02-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Doesn't everyone initially start from scratch xD ebayers are lame. Also OUCH survival? You know BM is best for leveling and is probably the most used PvE hunter spec right?

Beast
02-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Thats why I chose survival. I have a friend that went BM and we got to a certain level and duked it out. I slaughtered his hunter. BTW there is no spec thats best for levelling. You can't really go wrong with a class because there is so many ways you can do it. Personally I level just fine, I got 6 levels in a week, NOT playing obsessively either.

Daenerys
02-26-2008, 10:09 AM
I've found that both leveling as Shadow and Holy are really good ways for leveling a priest.

Even for a paladin, Prot and Holy are good. It's not so great for soloing sometimes, but you get the best EXP from doing instance/group quests.

Beast
02-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Priests are fun to use, though I'm currently wanting to make a new character on a server. Looking for a server with lots of AF members for me to play alongside with

Daenerys
02-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Well, we had a bunch on twisting nether. But now It's just me, aaron and sano. Most others dont come around as much. oh and kishiro and thornwillow. but they dont play as much.

Beast
02-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Well, we had a bunch on twisting nether. But now It's just me, aaron and sano. Most others dont come around as much. oh and kishiro and thornwillow. but they dont play as much.

I can join. If that's not an issue

Metronome
02-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Technically there is a best leveling spec, taking into account one person is no better at it than another meaning they don't know any of the quests or whatever BM is scientifically better because there is less down time within that spec than any other, you're able to solo any elite mob that should cross your path, and hunters are not suited for melee why do you think they got rid of the deadzone. Also if your friend lost that's kind of sad though BM you aren't a super beast until 50+

Beast
02-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Well I've had no complications doing it my way yet so I can't see myself resetting talents.

Daenerys
02-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Who's guild did you want to join? I was distracted yesterday with stuffing my face and trying to level xD

Inactive Account 0061
03-12-2008, 09:42 AM
yay just got my Draenei mage to lvl 70 ^^ (got 3x70 now O_o)

Daenerys
03-14-2008, 04:21 AM
I got my one 70 still, but I have my alt at 55 right now.

Merodi
03-14-2008, 11:04 PM
I flat out hate WoW with a passion! o.o

Souhi
03-14-2008, 11:16 PM
I flat out hate WoW with a passion! o.o

You've made 2-3 posts like this against games, which is fine...but at least contribute something to the thread. Like a reason or somethin'

My friends bought me a timecard and gamepack for my birthday this week and I started up on Sentinels where they happen to be. I'll just get a hang on the ropes before starting a serious character. I have a level 21 Undead mage, though I hope my buds get cards. Boring playing alone so far.

Inactive Account 0061
03-15-2008, 04:49 AM
You've made 2-3 posts like this against games, which is fine...but at least contribute something to the thread. Like a reason or somethin'

My friends bought me a timecard and gamepack for my birthday this week and I started up on Sentinels where they happen to be. I'll just get a hang on the ropes before starting a serious character. I have a level 21 Undead mage, though I hope my buds get cards. Boring playing alone so far.

Well it's always boring to play alone xD... Judt find a guild and get some friends ^^

Inactive Account 0061
03-15-2008, 04:49 AM
Can someone delete this message. i double posted -.-'

(and dunno how to delete a post :S)

Daenerys
03-15-2008, 05:27 AM
Yeah when Redemption broke up, and then Casual broke up, I was sooooo bored with WoW. I had no one to play with, and nothing to do....

Now I'm in a really hardcore raiding guild and I'm like way busy and have lots of things to do in game :D

The Monarch
03-15-2008, 09:34 PM
WoW is a good game.. But people assume the games for geeks and nerds. It's a pity they have to think like that.

Daenerys
03-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Half my guild on WoW is a bunch of drunk fratboys.

Well not really half, more like 1/4th.

Daenerys
03-30-2008, 12:28 AM
59. Pausing to play some BG's to get some neat armor.

Souhi
03-31-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm at 35 myself, learning the joy of running instances. It's really gotten me hooked now, though this far into my character, I'm being told from all sides that mages are royally outdone in almost every way. Awesome.

At least I make a good vending machine.

Daenerys
03-31-2008, 10:52 PM
How are mages outdone?

Are you on TN, at least?!

Ezzy
03-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Played wow for 2 years and logged 3,000+ hours on it. Killed Illidan for 6 months straight and then finally realized what a huge time sink it really was and how that time could be better spent watching anime and reading manga.

Although it is the best mmo i have every played.

Daenerys
04-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Six months straight huh? How long ago did you stop playing?

SuXrys
04-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Yes I do. Its my brothers account but I use it anyway. (hahah). I play on maelstrom (or something like that). Do you play there also? pm me! xD

Souhi
04-02-2008, 02:01 PM
How are mages outdone?

Are you on TN, at least?!

I'm still a newbie, so I might be misinformed. Even DPS wise, I've been criticized for picking mage =/ I just assumed it was true.

And I'm not on TN quite yet. I'd rather get some experience with the game and hang out the friends who got me the game first (which is working real nicely). At least a character to 70. What type of server is it actually?

Ezzy
04-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Six months straight huh? How long ago did you stop playing?

I quite playing about 3 weeks before the Sunwell Patch came out, so about a month now

Daenerys
04-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Wooooow. I dunno what kinda people there are on the server your playing, but mages aren't exactly outdone. With the right gear and the right amount of intelligence mages can out dps almost anything. Mages and Warlocks are really great DPS. (Followed by Shadow Priests who HAVE to have amazing gear and sockets, to even be in the same DPS range)

Twisting Nether is RPPVP, but.. like 10 percent of the server RPS, 30 percent pvp's and the rest is all raiding/casual gameplay.

My guild is falling apart, I tossed my 60 pally back to Scarlet Dawn, and I'm looking to join a top raiding guild for further advancement on my main, Aies. Our guild leader has been gone most of the month (and for the next two weeks straight) because he has cancer, and everyone's taken it upon themselves to gquit or do other rediculous crap like gkicking anyone under 70. Or just inviting people to gkick.

Sooo I'm going :D

Horofan
04-04-2008, 11:25 AM
LOL all the wownubsauce extravaganzas!

I play on Hakkar - PvP

Cowdrood - 70 T5'd druid
Chyort - 70 Kara'd Mage
and various 25-50's who don't matter

Holla!

surgnay
04-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Iv played wow for about 3 years

Daenerys
04-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Anyone who's on Twisting Nether.

I need sum1 to help me with my paladin epicz mount quest. I need a healer and one DPS.

Tenchi Masaki
04-05-2008, 11:06 AM
I finally caved in....

I respecced Protection.

Since my reroll to Horde, I've been having a blast spamstringing and MS'ing in BG's and arenas but I thought it was about time to try the BC content. I would have been knee deep in epics if I didn't take a hiatus from WoW (the break served me well) and when I decided to come back I thought that I should roll Horde because the only reason I rolled Alliance was because my friend was on Alliance already.

Well, I know its selfish of me to make a big deal about respeccing Prot since 90% of warriors are expected to tank (the other 10% are expected to be MS wars who arena) and the main reason I rolled Warrior was because none of my friends wanted to tank haha.

So with what little tanking gear I had, I was invited to Off-tank in Karazhan. I was really excited since this would be my first time doing it (my 70 NE Hunter and 70 HU Paly are attuned...but like I said I took a break from WoW before they got a chance to raid and this was when Karazhan was new). Half our raid was made up of one of the top guilds in our server and obviously they were running the instance strictly for Badges.

Let me tell you...War tanking is different from Paly tanking. While it's not difficult to generate a buttload of threat, Wars have to set up a rotation of skills (shield slam, devastate, demo roar, thunderclap) and revenge when possible. When I tanked on my Paly all I had to do was press consecrate and Holy Shield, then taunt when necessary.

Luckily I was only OT'ing and our Main Tank was a geared druid that directed me on pulls and specific mob abilities. I was so glad the raid was forgiving of my gear and my tanking ability, it made my experience much more enjoyable.

Well I walked away from the run with a bucket full of badges and T4 gloves. I would have won every piece of Warrior gear though if it dropped haha, the bosses decided to cough up Caster and Rogue gear 70% of the time though haha.

I'll now be running Heriocs and 68-70 instances to try and build a better arsenal of Tanking Gear but I have to say, it was fun to raid again. Although I miss the 40-man madness of MC and BWL, 10-man raids are fun because everyone has to play a part to make the group work (I almost always /follow my friend during Suppression Room in BWL...haha hated that room with a passion).

And just to throw some random offer out there:

I mentioned I have a 70 paly and 70 hunter on Alliance on Gorgannash. I'm sure that server is one of the older ones so it should be up for free character transfers up in the future. If anyone would like to transfer into a server with me just let me know. I can respec my Paly or Hunter at anytime as well so we can work out whether we need a Healer/Tank and of course my Hunter will fill in any empty DPS roles.

Horde wise I have a 70 warrior and 61 Rogue on Firetree. This server should be due for a free server transfer sometime in the future as well since it gets full from time to time. SO if most AF members are Horde and want to start off fresh in another server, let me know and we can work something out.

I think the majority of the AF'ers here play on Twisting Nether if I'm not mistaken (and judging from the recent posts) so I might roll an alt on that server and level it up on the side. I'll most likely do Druid/Paly just for versatility in terms of Healing/Tanking.

Okay that's all for my WoW experiences for now haha sorry for the novel-like post.

P.S Little Red Riding Hood....Best Debuff ever.

gangman5
04-12-2008, 05:50 AM
ive got a lvl 35 warlock on darkspear and im going to roll a hunter on onxcia (is that how you spell it?) ive been playing for a year as a casual player who just plays in his spare time

Daenerys
04-26-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm still on all the same servers with all the same alts.

Aies - 70 still
Brodation is now 65, but I'm claming down on leveling her up fast, because I don't want to get more burnt out than I already am.
Esoterics - 29 mage. <-- my new favorite alt.
Vilhelmina soon to be 19 twink. <-- farming honor and marks until I get everything in the 19 bracket, then I level to 29 and do the same. It's a new way of leveling I thought I'd try out.

Sanosuke23
04-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I've settled into TN finally, Kahmansenz is level 62 and slowly increasing. I don't have as much time as I used to, and have been playing considerably less lately.

When I do play, I'm typically on Kah, Elpedro or screwing around on an alt I made to troll RPers that are doing it wrong. Depends on how serious I am about sitting down and playing.

I totally don't mind RPing with people, after all TN is a RPPVP server, but goddamnit a Night Elf, Gnome, or especially Draenei has no business using Olde English.

Daenerys
04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Hehehe.

What about Shalawltikra? What's that for?

Sanosuke23
04-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Hehehe.

What about Shalawltikra? What's that for?

The lulz, naturally.

Hey, say that's lame all you want, but someone that doesn't like SD gave me 6 gold and a bunch of random loot on that name, and that's saying something about Shala's popularity on the server.

Daenerys
04-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Actually people love them, and pink fuzzy whip doesnt have anything against them, sooooo.. I dunno where you got that, But...

Inamorata
04-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Server: Destromath
1. Kanapoop, 70 Hunter, maxed skinning & Leather working (Dailies, mote & spider silk farmer)
2. AmerousMonk, 61 Rogue, maxed tailoring & enchanting. <--Husband's character.
3. Hobokitty, 61 Holy Paladin, maxed herbalist & alchemy. <--my main
After getting our other chartacters lvled and geared out we plan to make a priest and druid.
I'm pretty excited about making a shadow priests, although they dont mesh well with dungeons.

Different server: Fenris
1. Orie, 70 Retribution Pally, maxed blackmithing and mining.
:)

Daenerys
04-27-2008, 01:24 AM
not true. shadow priests excell in dungeons, especially raids.

Sanosuke23
04-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Actually people love them, and pink fuzzy whip doesnt have anything against them, sooooo.. I dunno where you got that, But...

It wasn't pink fuzzy whip, and the dude tracked me down in Darnassus when he saw my name in trade.

Maybe it was just him, I dunno.

Daenerys
04-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Who was it then?

Because I've gotten lots of help with stupid crap because they'll be like "Oh ur in sd my friend is in thar!" and ill be like "ya my friend is 2 loL!"

Sanosuke23
04-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Who was it then?

Because I've gotten lots of help with stupid crap because they'll be like "Oh ur in sd my friend is in thar!" and ill be like "ya my friend is 2 loL!"

Dude, I don't remember now, that was like three or four days ago and I was talking to you when it happened. I was just like "lol he doesn't like Shala" and you had said "Yeah, that whole guild is a bunch of a-holes."

Inamorata
04-27-2008, 04:59 PM
not true. shadow priests excell in dungeons, especially raids.

Oh ok. The reason I assumed they didnt do well is because I made a shadow priest once and everyone complained about me using my mana on Vamperic embrace and not heals. >.< It got pretty annoying, because I was doing a good majority of the damage. People can be so ungreatful. :'(

Axllow
04-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Norgannon-Horde
Mitternacht-70 pally- raid holy-pvp's as ret. because he started off ret and i got 4/5 s3 O_O then got bored so went holy for raiding so now respecs are like 50g everytime...bleh i respec too much T_T
Axllow-70 mage-frost for pvp, although i have a full set of fire for raiding :O
and some alts

bassaddict
04-30-2008, 12:15 PM
I play on shadowsong,

70 NE hunter
70 human pally
12 NE warrior

I quit about a month ago. I think wow is a great game (heck, 10 million people can't be wrong, eh?). I'll probably go back when the next expansion comes out.

Kojack
05-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I played WoW for 2 months, quit, then later rejoined for 1 month then quit again. I really liked it, but I never really got involved in a guild or any instancing (except for the instances I tried to solo~) so I got bored of it. I made it to 33 Tauren Warrior and 30 Gnome Rogue before calling it quits.

Trying to solo instances was fun though. There was this one tower (the name escapes me... it was in the Undead's territory) that I got pretty far in. I wasn't going for quests or anything, I would just see how far I could go.

Daenerys
05-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Oh ok. The reason I assumed they didnt do well is because I made a shadow priest once and everyone complained about me using my mana on Vamperic embrace and not heals. >.< It got pretty annoying, because I was doing a good majority of the damage. People can be so ungreatful. :'(
This right here. This proves you've never raided on a Shadow Priest, and you don't know what you are talking about.

Shadow priests are essential for raids. Why? Because if you put them in the group with all healers and maybe a shaman, they can not only keep the healers mana all the way up, but during a raid, if there are druids who can do the evceisiersjerise thing that restores mana while casting, plus shadow fiend, I can not only never have to pop a mana potion during a raid boss, but neither do the healers.

The Nightingale
05-11-2008, 07:28 PM
I'v been off WoW for about 6 months, and now I am back ^_^
after being lvl 55 for 10 months lmao I finally lvled to 56 the other day

Realm: Draenor
Name: Kina
Class: Hunter
Race: Nightelf
LVL: 56

Also
Name: Kaeyena
Class: Mage
Race: Bloodelf
LVL: 23

Also a lvl 5 haha on lightbringer who is a nightelf druid.

I only play elves =P

Cantelope
05-15-2008, 03:32 PM
I quit WoW two months ago now =( I miss it already, but I have nothing to come back to anyways.

Speaking of which, anyone interested in purchasing a WoW account with a level 70 Night Elf Rogue, equipped in full Season 3 Arena gear, and with a set of raiding epics in the bank?

Probably not after you see the price...

Yujiro Hanma
05-18-2008, 10:13 PM
I was just wondering about how man people here play WoW I started a few months ago, and went with the so called easy mode with a hunter. He's a 54 now, and I just wanted to find other people that were my level, to group with and quest. I don't like soloing anymore. and I obviously can't solo Maraudon, or Sunken temple. xD PUBs usually suck too, there's always one moron that will get everyone killed in an instance.

I played for a year and a half then sold my account. Had a 70 human mage, 70 blood elf warlock, and 60 human warrior. I wanted my life back.

Daenerys
05-23-2008, 07:45 AM
If WoW takes over your life, you're doing it wrong.

I just got my second 70.

Inamorata
05-23-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm taking my sweet time lvling my pally with my husband's rogue.
I get pretty burnt out if I play something too much. Plus summer is comming soon. Time for my pasty self to get a tan! o.o!!

demonplight
05-29-2008, 03:20 AM
Working on my first character its a Orc Warrior, right now level 21. Trying to catch up with all of my friends.

randomuser83
06-27-2008, 03:49 PM
It seems like this game will always pull me back in. With each expansion and each arena season I find myself reactivating my account.

MrSpoon
07-03-2008, 07:40 AM
Currently Playing on Bloodscalp EU. I have a distirbing array of characters my main is my 70 Hunter Kaled and his Pig BaconSammich. Other than him i only have 2 over level 20 and about 4 between 6 and 15. A little variation is always fun.

FOR THE HORDE.

Cantelope
07-03-2008, 10:06 AM
It seems like this game will always pull me back in. With each expansion and each arena season I find myself reactivating my account.
Yeah, I'm tempted too with S4 out now.

Ezzy
07-05-2008, 06:08 PM

Its really hard to quit the game for good because theres always something that comes out that you want to try out for yourself. As for me i despise pvp so the new seasons dont suck me back in. Im just waiting for wotlk to come out because tbc is horrible

Sanosuke23
07-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Im just waiting for wotlk to come out because tbc is horrible

You know, as someone who started after bc came out, I have to say that you can very much tell it's an expansion and not part of the basic game. Not just the scale of things, but the leap in gear quality is disturbing and the general grouping of enemies(especially in HFP, less so elsewhere) is annoying for solo play.

There also seems to be more flash than substance when it comes to the fluff surrounding the quests.

Daenerys
07-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Aren't all expansions part of the basic game? I mean, the whole point of an expansion is to expand your game play, expand the storyline, expand the woooooooooorld.... of warcraft.

Sanosuke23
07-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Aren't all expansions part of the basic game? I mean, the whole point of an expansion is to expand your game play, expand the storyline, expand the woooooooooorld.... of warcraft.

No, the basic game is the 1-60 Old World content. Expansions by definition expand on the basic game.

Inactive Account 0061
07-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Hmm. Should i start to play WoW again xD. Haven't played like 4-5 months now...

Ashinrio
07-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Lol my freind has like 8 70's cuz he has the muneys and he accualy played 4 of them :O, he n33ds a new life. :D
like other video games for once xD pls help helping him quit is like helping an addict. it wont work, anyone know of a 6 month program?

Daenerys
08-31-2008, 01:16 AM
No, the basic game is the 1-60 Old World content. Expansions by definition expand on the basic game.
Yeah, well if we're going by that, ITS ALL AN EXPANSION OF WARCRAFT THREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanosuke23
08-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Yeah, well if we're going by that, ITS ALL AN EXPANSION OF WARCRAFT THREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, because it's a completely different game and a completely different engine. The word you are looking for is sequel. SEQUEL.

Say it with me now, SEE... KWELL.

Evockzi
09-01-2008, 02:59 AM
I quit after playing it for over 4 years.. really good Decision I think... I have 3 70's... Warrior Hunter and Druid.

Not really sure what to do now o.o Don't really want to sell my account but Don't want to play it ever Again.. lol..

Daenerys
09-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Game and game engines have NOTHING to do with storyline, which is what the entire game is revolving around. STORYLINE.

So once again, I am right, you are wrong. Take that!

Sanosuke23
09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Game and game engines have NOTHING to do with storyline, which is what the entire game is revolving around. STORYLINE.

So once again, I am right, you are wrong. Take that!

Being an entirely different game that continues the story makes it a sequel.

Daenerys
09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
No, because it's a completely different game and a completely different engine. The word you are looking for is sequel. SEQUEL.

Say it with me now, SEE... KWELL.
Now it isnt.

It's the same storyline, same characters, and same game.

Sanosuke23
09-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Now it isnt.

It's the same storyline, same characters, and same game.

This right here is why nobody loves you. </3

Cantelope
09-12-2008, 08:12 PM
If WoW takes over your life, you're doing it wrong.

I just got my second 70.
What?! That means you're playing too modestly!

The Nightingale
09-22-2008, 07:34 AM
I Play ^_^ I'v played since about 04 when it came out. Though my main is still only lvl 55 >_<

Name-Kina
Race-Nightelf
LVL-55
Class-Hunter
Realm-Draenor
Guild- Heavens Guardian Angels ^_^
I also have A Lvl 20 Bloodelf named Kaeyena on the same realm with my own guild callled Childish Intentions

Hehe =] That seems forever ago since I wrote that.
Yesh I still play. And No I am not 70 yet. -.-
Name: Kina
Lvl: 66
Guild: Childish Intention (I am teh guild master =] I made teh guild after I couldnt find an actual good guild)

I deleted my BE and teh guild, and now I have a lvl 11 Druid named Kinana.

I do PVP all teh time hehe

Clopin
10-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Lvl 70 on Shattered Hand went all the way to Black Temple before our guild fell apart, now im slowly getting a hunter to 70 so i have a few more options when wrath hits.