PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga?

overwatch
10-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Ok, someone just mentioned this the anime lyrics - - I am a fan of the computer game series and would definatly like to know more about this - I had no idea that it even remotly existed. General comments welcome, though keep the spoilers down please

oh and to the inevatable person who says to google it - I don't google, because experience has taught me that you learn far too much about the story by googleing around - an I don't want to spoil it

Shinn Kamiyra
10-23-2007, 10:12 PM
My apologies, but... are you talking about Xenosaga: The Animation or the Xenosaga RPG series? I know this is a topic in the Anime and Manga section of this forum, but I didn't get a clear sense of which one you were talking about. If you could clarify, I'd be more than happy to talk about either.

Sonata
10-23-2007, 11:16 PM
I really enjoyed the anime, though I don't know a thing about the video game. I liked the art style and the plot really drew me in, plus the music was amazing. I've heard that gamers thought the anime was only so-so...maybe it's just different enough from the game's genre that it doesn't hit the same demographic?

Anyway, I think it's almost like Nadeisco meets Chobits, what with all the sci-fi stuff and the robot girls that seem to have feelings.

overwatch
10-24-2007, 05:03 AM
Sorry, I meant the anime, I have played game 2 (number 1 did not come out in europe - and they stopped allowing chipping of ps2) I have yet to play 3

Shinn Kamiyra
10-24-2007, 11:17 AM
That's really a shame; most gamers who've played the Xenosaga RPG series more or less believe that Episode II is the 'black sheep' of the trilogy. Even I'd agree that it'd be the last game you'd want to start off with.

Although I've seen a few episodes of the Anime, I would have to say that it is sub-par when compared with the series itself. A lot of changes were brought in that I felt were unnecessary, and in the end, it could be said to have hurt it as a whole; still, that doesn't mean it isn't worth watching for those willing to put in the time and attention.

[BlackDeath]
10-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Seen it all, the animation series is nothing more than the first game animated. Though considering how long the series is (12 episodes) you would know more from playing and completing the first game as the anime series skipped a load of chunks from the games story. Loved the opening song and sequence but again - if you played and completed the first game this isn't nothing new.

Ashminigun
10-28-2007, 11:54 AM
This is from the point of view of a person who never play the game franchise of the same title. Some of the content of this overview might offend those who are hardcore fan/fanboy/girl of the game and/or the anime. So, you have been warned.

This anime was made exclusively for the fan of the game. The reason I watched this 'cause I just to know what is all 'bout (the game) and I never anticipate anything from it. The animation quality was rather low for my taste, with bland mix of CG and traditional animation and the character designs are like they trying hard to re-modeled it from the game.

As for the storyline, they are so-so; trying to links on each of the small pieces of elements in the game to the main story, quite predictable and maybe too short (Thank God, it's). Although, it has comical moments but then again they trying too hard lighten up the series (Even I have skip one part that look really ridiculous for this kind of anime).

Don't let me started with the voice-acting, esp. KOS-MOS herself. She's trying too hard to be an andriod! I barely want to finish it, 'cause I want to know how it ends, however it ends as a cliche. The only thing I like 'bout the anime is the ending theme.

My final word on this anime, don't watch it unless you're a fan of the game or you're a sucker when it comes to anime; I don't recommend it.

'nough said...

Baka
11-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I didn't really like the anime. But maybe that's because I have never played the game.