PDA

View Full Version : know any Martial Arts Animes?

Darkotic
10-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Looking for any sort of martial arts/ninja like anime, finished watching all the episodes of all the animes ive seen so far so im waiting for the next Darker Than Black episode to release.

So thats why im asking the members here, do you know any good anime that contains fighting and such, can contain weapons aswell.. oh what the hell, just name some good animes that you think i should watch ;)
my fav. so far have been Kiba, Darker than black,Bleach and so on.
Whouldnt mind watching another Love Triangle Anime though, like Da capo, Shuffle! Anyways just tell me if there is a anime that you like and tell me the name of it so i can give it a try!

Thx for serious answers!! ;)

Edit :
If the main characters a dude thats a big + on the edge.

overwatch
10-09-2007, 12:34 PM
From my own limited experience, you could try out the Cowboy Bebop series and the movie; contrains both martial arts and guns, though is not heavily reliant on martial arts it has some really bood senes.

TheAsterisk!
10-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Dragonball!!! You must Indulge In Dragonball!!!

Hamashimura
10-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Martial arts...
Well,so far,Street Fighter and Tenjho Tenge are good...
Also Claymore is pretty catchy,though latest episodes are kinda lame...but that's it from me,I don't like fighting type very much...
But you said we can say other type,not just fighting...
Now,this is when my true self comes to surface...
I can reccomend,if you like psychological anime that requires thinking and maturity to fully understand meaning of it,you can watch these:
~ Neon Genesis Evangelion (main characters male,2 females)
~ Gilgamesh - my current obsession (main characters male,female - brother and sister - )
~ Night Head Genesis ( main characters males)
~ Death Note (main character males)
~ Wolf's Rain (main characters males)
~ FUll Metal Alchemist (main characters males)
Etc.if you want some more,then let me now...

Darkotic
10-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Thx alot Hamashimura and the rest, will start watching right away =)
But first i watch this first episode of Zaion to see if its interesting.

oh and btw, to those who havent watched Tenjho Tenge i can tell you its a really good anime, there is a movie to but if you ask me the anime is alot better. Peace out! Would ofc be happy for more answers ;)

Hamashimura
10-09-2007, 01:16 PM
No problem,we're here to help...but you shouldn't double post...there's edit button if you missed something ^_^

Faceless111
10-09-2007, 03:45 PM
No one say Ranma! That show is false!

Anyways, I'll probably be the only one to admit that Avatar: The Last Airbender is a decent cartoon (now you can't jump on me for calling it an anime) with heavily martial arts inspired action. They really managed to capture the different styles of kung fu, which is my favorite martial arts to watch just because it looks fancy.

Hamashimura
10-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Oh,not the only one...I too liked Avatar,I just nearly forgot about it...
Good one actually...animation not the best,but still good...

-Batman-
10-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Good one actually...animation not the best,but still good...[/B]

What are you talking about?!

It's smooth and easy on the eyes.
Unlike many other american cartoons these days....Most of which are done in Macromedia Flash.

Hamashimura
10-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Yup,I agree with that term,but for me it's really not the best...
This is really awful example,but it kinda reminds me of Totally Spies named series...but only because of characters like Katara and Azula,that are similar to TS...
Also,not being the best in animation doesn't means that it's bad...
That animation is something that I would rate as 9/10...

Now,actually,there's only one anime that has best animation,and that's Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust,for it's perfect in every view...
That's the very reason why I said that...

Faceless111
10-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow, Deadpool, I didn't make you to be an Avatar fan. And I completely agree, Avatar is great animation but that might be because it's animated in Korea. Well, I'm a fan of several Korean animators and the workers on Avatar are awesome.

Hamashimura, I don't agree that Katara and Azula are like Totally Spies. At least to me, they don't strike me as anything similar. TS reminds me more of Pokemon, what with the overuse of speed-lines and all. Also, I don't think Bloodlust was perfect. It was good, but I like Cowboy Bebop's animation a lot more than Bloodlust. I like the messy but fluid style to it whereas Bloodlust, in my opinion, was tense.

Jose
10-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Death Note
and
Baki
hope it helps

-Batman-
10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Wow, Deadpool, I didn't make you to be an Avatar fan.

Deadpool is a lot of things. I'm also a fan of Kung Fu (Seriously, How can one NOT like Kung Fu?!?!?)

Bragi
10-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Devil May Cry 3... Great Animation and fight sequences are superb. Dante really kicks a**! its a must to watch for those who played the game if I may say....uhmm..BTW, this thread belongs to general anime section. =]

Faceless111
10-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Deadpool is a lot of things. I'm also a fan of Kung Fu (Seriously, How can one NOT like Kung Fu?!?!?)So am I! No one can resist the urge to love kung fu for long! It's not something I'd apply in a real fight, but it's my favorite martial art to watch because the fluid motions are so awesomely beautiful. And that's how I really allowed Avatar to grow on me. The kung fu.

Tenchi_fan
10-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Devil May Cry 3... Great Animation and fight sequences are superb. Dante really kicks a**! its a must to watch for those who played the game if I may say....uhmm..BTW, this thread belongs to general anime section. =]

I didn't know there was a Anime version of Devil May Cry 3. :confused:
I've only seen the game and It looked pretty good.

Anyway, some good animes are Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw star, Trigun, YuYuHakusho, and Tenjho Tenge.

_CTA_
10-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Kung Fu Boy is nice but its so old.

Hina-chan
10-10-2007, 02:24 AM
All i know so far is Tenjou Tenge, Flame of Recca, and Amon: Devilman Mokushiroku.
I could give you links of some martial arts anime. Some of them are old but I hope it helps! ^^
http://www.animenfo.com/animebygenre.php?genre=18 (http://www.animenfo.com/animebygenre.php?genre=18)

http://www.animenfo.com/animebygenre.php?pagenumber=2&action=Go&perpage=30&genre=18 (http://www.animenfo.com/animebygenre.php?pagenumber=2&action=Go&perpage=30&genre=18)

Kagemaru-San
10-10-2007, 02:44 AM
I definitly agree that Tenjou Tenge deserves a watch...too bad they didn't make a second season to follow the manga :) ...

anyways, I guess samurai anime will have most, if not all, the things ur looking for...in that genre, I certainly recommend Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Shou ... a very artistically made anime...but I have to warn u..it's somewhat bloody...which works very well for me :p...

Hamashimura
10-10-2007, 03:16 AM
anyways, I guess samurai anime will have most, if not all, the things ur looking for...in that genre, I certainly recommend Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Shou ... a very artistically made anime...but I have to warn u..it's somewhat bloody...which works very well for me :p...

No offense,but my opinion isn't that great...It's truly supernatural,but that's not necessarily the bad thing...what I disliked the most is how this anime is very,very predictive...
I mean,everyone with at least small ability to think will be able to see outcome of anime and see what's gonna happen on end...

As long as it comes till samurai shows,then I would definitely have to recommend Roruni Kenshin OVAs: Trust & Betrayal and Reflection ...
Also,Roruni Kenshin series...
Ninja Scroll series are pretty good too,but not the best...
Hmmm...hmmm....Samurai Champloo is pretty darn awesome...
Samurai Deeper-Kyo is good too...
Also,I watched Peacemaker Korugane,but I didn't liked the storyline...
Samurai kid that want's to avenge his parents (I think),but he has no desire whatsoever of killing anyone...
Etc.etc.

red_sky300
10-10-2007, 03:33 AM
ooh street fighter....battle vixens, devil man , ...err cant think of any more at this point in time

GrimStride™
10-10-2007, 06:25 AM
I instantly say Tenjou Tenge,Ikkitousen,History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.All are great and in the second there's a lot of ecchi:)

PanzerJager
10-10-2007, 08:27 PM
uhh... have you watched naruto? what has more martial arts and fighting that that. admittedly, im not a huge fan of naruto because of the long string of pointless fillers (and actual episodes that where more like filler).. but overall it is pretty good..

if you have seen it then try Samurai Champloo..

Darkotic
10-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Oh man, lots of replies! Thanks alot ! Watched all sorts of animes (Im sick right now so thats why) and you all gave me good ones.. So if there is anymore anime you like to recommend just give me the name ;)

Also watched naruto to about the first episodes of Shippuden, didnt really get the "Plot" there so i gave up on it.

Oh and btw if i posted this in the wrong section, im truly sorry.

PanzerJager
10-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh and btw if i posted this in the wrong section, im truly sorry.

Nope your ok on that..

and my sympathies for being sick, even if it sounds like your enjoying it. ;)

overwatch
10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Just be glad that you can get more anime to watch - I remember a bad time when for two weeks all I had was Sky to watch - - and yes that is bad, I ended up watching nearly non-stop angel - stargate only came on in the evenings - - - it was a bad time

datajack
10-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I second the flame of recca, the standard martial arts anime, but good. Basalisk is good, and the popular ones bleach and naruto(shipuden) are pretty good.

Youkai Girl
10-13-2007, 10:28 AM
If you like blood watch Hellsing,Afro samurai,basilisk,elfen lied.If you like more psychologic ones try Death note or Spiral.I do recommend Final Fantasy the movies and series ^_^

The Blue Baron
10-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Street fighter...