PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Voice

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-09-2007, 12:46 AM
As per Post Your Pics, only with voice instead of pictures.

If you have a microphone, but don’t know how to upload it:

First, you record you saying something short. (less then 30 seconds, no swearing, keep it appropriate, blah blah blah). You can use Sound Recorder if you run Windows and don’t have anything better.

Then, you either change it to an MP3, or you zip it. I can’t remember if Windows XP has native Zip support or not. If not, go get WinRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) and be sure to make it into a Zip file. Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) will work if you want to save an MP3, but you’ll have to get a .dll here (http://www.gaclrecords.org.uk/lame_enc.dll) to enable saving as MP3s.

Then you have to upload it.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/1075646f0b30f6c08f.jpg
You hit that.

The rest should be pretty simple.

Anyway, me reading my favorite Bible Verse (http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/2kg/2.html) (2:23-24). I used a different version of it, but whatever.

Goronian
10-09-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm actually saying this:
"Well hello there, I guess... What? What are you liooking at? What do you want? A song?"
My accent is terrible... I know.

Gjallarhorn
10-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Interesting thread, I must say. MP2k, I expected more of a NY accent to be honest.

Well, I spent my whole day trying to get my webcam/mic working properly (with the assistance a few forum members). First nothing worked, then I had no audio, and finally another member and I managed to get it working. So, I figure to celebrate, I'll abuse it for this thread.

The quote is something from Isaac Newton. I didn't quite remember it...it was just the first thing that popped into my head...so I stuttered a bit at the beginning and just toward the end. My bad on that. I though have done a Prefontaine quote or something I'm more familiar with.

Okay, if the mp3 doesn't work(it should work in Windows Media Player, VLC Player, and Real player...it did for me, at least), and you're willing to wait 10 seconds to hear my voice, I've added a .zip with a .wma file. Download it, unzip it, and let my voice echo inside your head with all of it's majesty.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-09-2007, 11:12 PM
@XeroXIII: Your file didn't work for me.

Buruku
10-09-2007, 11:13 PM
omg this is SO funny.

MP2K, your voice doesn't sound anything like I imagined it, it sounds....smooth/calming or something!

Xero's matches up pretty well. And that was funny Goronian.

I don't have a mic...my voice is kinda goofy anyway. imo. But I'll try to get a mic.

And Eris better post in this thread, I wanna hear some English AND Swedish.

Edit: @ MP, try opening it with windows media or VLC media, thats what I had to use.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-09-2007, 11:26 PM
MP2K, your voice doesn't sound anything like I imagined it, it sounds....smooth/calming or something!

My voice is a trap.

(Also, I got Xero's working with the .zip)

Masali
10-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Speaks for itself.

Buruku
10-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey, I used my mp3 player to record my voice, so thats why the file is weird...its in a ziper folder thing.

Btw Masali, that was awesome.

And don't laugh at mine...

OminousCloud
10-10-2007, 03:43 AM
Lol @ Masali, that was great!

I don't usually think about what people sound like, heck I don't even usually picture people with faces XD, but Xero, you should be a voice over guy!

I don't have a microphone so I can't really partake in the festivities.

Eris
10-10-2007, 10:45 AM
And Eris better post in this thread, I wanna hear some English AND Swedish.

No. That would kill my meme! But you better damn well know I'm looking at all your voices through baudline (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baudline). Prepare to feel confused and slightly violated! Thus far, it's become obvious to me that MP2k has a lot more high frequency harmonics in his voice than Hatake Buruku.

Also, I'm strangely un-surprised by MP2k:s voice. I don't know, I don't think I had any preconceptions. The only thing that maybe would have surprised me would be a really broad southern accent with lots of colloquialisms.

Ωmega
10-10-2007, 01:02 PM
XD!!!

I think the ones that I expected to be different were Masali, MP, and Brookie. Brooke's and Mas's being lower than I thought, and MP being higher. Xero's sounded like I thought it would.

I'll see if I can borrow my bro's xbox mic or get my bf a PS3 mic and use that.

Ookie
10-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Hahahah! They amaze me, truely they do. I'd like to hear most of the others say something. =3 then Maybe I'll record my manly voice =3

edit: xero sounds exactly like i thought he would sound ._.

Buruku
10-10-2007, 01:57 PM
No. That would kill my meme!
Then let it die, I want proof you're human. And Swedish accents are freakin awesome.

And yeah Maru, people seem to think my voice will be higher than what it actually is, sorry sucka's.

Thus far, it's become obvious to me that MP2k has a lot more high frequency harmonics in his voice than Hatake Buruku.
That doesn't mean my voice is lower than his does it? (Didn't sound like it) Does that mean I use the deeper part of my voice more? Just curious.

Myrra
10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Yikes! I was reduced to zip files cos they're too short to work on my MP3 converter. I really didn't know what to say so it's all quite random.
1 file is me speaking french and the other is my attempt at Norwegian (which I'd like to state for the record, I've never actually heard spoken...just sung...be thankful I didn't sing for you either--I heard my voice and nearly cried it was so bad :P).

*edit* you might want to turn up the volume as I'm very soft spoken...tends to happen when I'm nervous

Beast
10-10-2007, 02:34 PM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Sam.PREFERRE-A9UMFH/My%20Documents/My%20Videos/WordsWordsWords.wav

Did I do it right?!?!?!

Crap, nevermind.

Kawairashii hikari
10-10-2007, 02:57 PM
i sadly don't have a mike either so I can't participate >.<
but yea, aspennies?? don't think i'd pick those up or hand those out Masali...i expected your voice to be different though...don't know why just did ^_^

Fiery
10-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I don't quite know if this is going to work.

Jagan Eye
10-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah, my voice sounds sorta weird right now because I'm really thirsty and I can't drink water. But whatever. This is me, not saying hello. ♥ But I'm actually saying hello. Because the first file didn't work when I didn't say hello, so I made a new one and it worked.

Edit: I fixed it. It should work.

Kawairashii hikari
10-10-2007, 03:21 PM
aw, your link doesn't work on my computer Jagan >.<, i wanted to see what you sounded like...not saying hi lol

Masali
10-10-2007, 04:11 PM
i expected your voice to be different though

In what way?

Kawairashii hikari
10-10-2007, 04:49 PM
^_^ lol, idk, i guess i thought it'd be deeper i guess...i didn't really picture you with a certain voice, so it didn't really surprise me all that much, just a little...

Buruku
10-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Wow Fiery, I swear your voice sounds like a frickin disney princess. It's really charming imo.

And Jagan, you have a cute voice.

KuroTan
10-10-2007, 05:57 PM
I was gonna read something but then I got lazy picking a passage. Here's the one I made instead. I was looking for the built-in microphone in my laptop when I did that. The plan was to see if I could triangulate where it was. Didn't exactly work. Anyway, here's my inner noob.

The Wing Man
10-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Fight club quote.

Legend_S
10-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Yeah, my voice sounds sorta weird right now because I'm really thirsty and I can't drink water. But whatever. This is me, not saying hello. ♥ But I'm actually saying hello. Because the first file didn't work when I didn't say hello, so I made a new one and it worked.

Haha you sound awsome Jagan. Wish I had a mic so I can post my voice... but its too powerful the computer may explode because of its awsomeness..... yeah right.... I wish lol.

Jose
10-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Yikes! I was reduced to zip files cos they're too short to work on my MP3 converter. I really didn't know what to say so it's all quite random.
1 file is me speaking french and the other is my attempt at Norwegian (which I'd like to state for the record, I've never actually heard spoken...just sung...be thankful I didn't sing for you either--I heard my voice and nearly cried it was so bad :P).

*edit* you might want to turn up the volume as I'm very soft spoken...tends to happen when I'm nervous

Really this is what you sound like i could not tell you where nervous at all

Jagan, yup just about what i had expected your voice to sound sorry not mircophone

Kawairashii hikari
10-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Wish I had a mic so I can post my voice... but its too powerful the computer may explode because of its awsomeness..... yeah right.... I wish lol.
haha, while i was reading it...before i came to the last part i thought, wow your awesomness is so awesome it comes out through your voice?? now that's awesome! lol...i so wish i had a mike right about now though i wanna post my voice! ^_^

Beast
10-10-2007, 06:34 PM
If you just wanna hear my voice add me to msn. Too lazy to figure out what I have to do to post my voice.

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
10-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Well, I don't have a microphone... so I just uploaded a small video o_o;. I hope it's okay... sorry if it isn't >_<.

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/Kuro-Pengin/?action=view&current=Things002.flv

BTW, sorry for my quirkiness... I just have weird mannerisms O_O;;.

Don't get me wrong, I love the name Cyduck XD!

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-10-2007, 09:41 PM
As a side note, If you play Masali's sample and My sample at the same time, you get a secret message from Satan.

@Eris: I am willing to negotiate to get you to participate in this thread.

My Offer:

3 Mint Condition Internets.
1 200ft Solid Gold Statue of You w/ built in Death Ray capable of disintegrating the Sun.
1 Steve Job's soul, mounted, with Certificate of Authenticity.

Legend_S
10-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Edit: P-san, your so funny and coocky lol, your awsome.

Great news guys, my sister has a mic and I made a little sample of my voice, so here it is, enjoy.

International 4-8818
10-10-2007, 10:31 PM
dude dude dude, legend, be an anchorman, totally can picture it.

As for me, i shall post one soon, there will be some kicks and maybe some giggles in it.

Music Fiend
10-11-2007, 03:59 AM
Well, I don't have a microphone... so I just uploaded a small video o_o;. I hope it's okay... sorry if it isn't >_<.

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/Kuro-Pengin/?action=view&current=Things002.flv

BTW, sorry for my quirkiness... I just have weird mannerisms O_O;;.

Don't get me wrong, I love the name Cyduck XD!

Lol.

"..or, as Chris likes to call me, Cyduck, but my real name is Cypress.."

I loved it. xD I got a mention, too! How do you like them apples? ;o

You sounded like one of those rebellous teen girl's whom slam the door really hard behind them after arguing with their mother and saying "Ugh, you don't understand" repeatedly, from some TV show or whatever. I totally dug the ending. That was funny.

------------------------------

@ Xero: Heh. Pretty much what I expected. Well-spoken with good grammar and a seamless flow, but low and modest in tone.

@ MP2K: Haha. Dude...not what I expected at all. That surprised me. I thought you would sound more like Will Ferrell or...I dunno, Micheal Savage.

@ Hatake: You have a cute voice. It gave me that "spunky, yet girly" impression that I have been getting from you anyway from seeing you post and your love of pink. A lil higher than I would have imagined.

Legend_S: Are you Seth McFarlane, incognito? o_O; May I have your autograph, good sir?!

10-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Lol.

"..or, as Chris likes to call me, Cyduck, but my real name is Cypress.."

I loved it. xD I got a mention, too! How do you like them apples? ;o

You sounded like one of those rebellous teen girl's whom slam the door really hard behind them after arguing with their mother and saying "Ugh, you don't understand" repeatedly, from some TV show or whatever. I totally dug the ending. That was funny.

Ahaha XD! I thought you would like the small shout out XD! I wasn't going to do at first, but I finally just decided to X3!

And you know what, Chris, I do slam my door and say that too XD!

Oh yeah, the ending... hehehe. I'm watchin' you!

LiLi.
10-11-2007, 11:01 AM
OH.MY.GOSH! i love your voice :3!! And why do i think you sound british >_+

Jagan Eye
10-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Okay, I got bored so I recorded my voice again. I decided to try some different accents like [Sasuke-Clan gave me the idea] but I'm really bad at them, so please don't make fun of my awful accents.

Kyo Kusanagi
10-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Here's mine. Its a wav file, and I was lazy so I just uploaded it to my website.

www.justdefend.net/KyoAF.wav

Myrra
10-11-2007, 10:38 PM
OMG! Kyo...I'm not quite sure how I imagined you'd sound, but it was certainly nothing like that. You sound like you've been inhaling helium. :p

Jagan...I'm not going to make fun, but what on earth was that last accent supposed to be?

DaSOCOM
10-12-2007, 01:22 AM
I second the motion that we should hear Eris' voice. Negotiations can be taken.

I'll have a clip up soon, folks. Then you can laugh at my voice.

Peace,
DaSOCOM

Kawairashii hikari
10-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Jagan...I'm not going to make fun, but what on earth was that last accent supposed to be?
yea i didn't quite get the last accent either...^_^ but you yourself Jaggy said you didn't know so oh well, but i like your voice too! it sounds so cute!

and Myrra was that dark dark room poem, supposed to be scary?? o.O i didn't quite get it actually, but your laugh was pretty scary though! lmao

Myrra
10-12-2007, 04:05 PM
No, it's not supposed to be scary. It's from a book of children's halloween tales. The kids I read to just love to pretend to squeal with horror when I get to the last part

In0kz
10-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Well here's me reading a random story :D

Buruku
10-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Myrra sounds almost exactly how I imagined. o.o

The Rebel
10-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Okay, Jagan Eye requested I do this, and so I am supplying you with a sample of my magnificent voice. Hope you all enjoy since I had to do this several times before I could even get it to work.

Music Fiend
10-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Lol. Yeah, so I am about 12 days late on this thread. I lacked a mic, okay? ;_; ~ But today I was at work (I work at my school's Information Tech Dept) and decided to use Audacity and the computer's mic to record me placing a Ticket in Track IT.

Excuse the muffled-ness after the first...15 seconds. I caught caught up in what I was doing and dragged the mic away from my mouth...and since my voice is so low, it's hard to hear. But the first 10-15 seconds will give you a good idea of what I sound like.

I included a zip file, just in case, with a .wav file. The mp3 should suffice though.

Shirai Ryu Scorpion
10-24-2007, 05:15 PM
XDHahahahaha Masali, thats funny! This is a great idea, love ya whom ever did this <3 putting your own voice in the forums is just a great idea. Now what about chat room?

niKopol
10-24-2007, 05:27 PM

So here's my voice quoting a movie I just watched about a day ago. I have seen it many times and if you can guess it. I know you are a wise man.

Now where is my Royale with cheese.

Edit: I am starting to think my voice sounds weird.

Music Fiend
11-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Okay okay...lmao.

As per request of Ace and other people in chat, I am going to post the infamous "Xero and Teed" rap. Word baby. You'll be mad trippin' over my vocabulary and verbal comprehension...doggie.

>_>

Okay, before I lose all respect here. xD

Buruku
11-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Lmao, oh that was awesome Music Fiend.

I'm going to post another thing of my voice one of these days.

versailles rat
11-04-2007, 11:07 PM
http://tragic-lovesong.livejournal.com/34173.html

There's a voicepost from my Livejournal, lol.

*Lady_Kikyo*
11-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Yay I finally figured this thing out..took me a bit but it wasnt as hard as I thought. * pats self on back* Im reading out of Julius Caesar Act 3 scene 2. Im speaking the part of Anthony. Enjoy!

Vyse of the Blue Rogues
11-08-2007, 12:12 PM
I had to record myself on my cell phone then email it to myself just so that I could post it here so the quality may be a little...less than satisfactory.

Super Bus
11-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Let me try mine~ ^^"

Velvet_Nightmare
11-10-2007, 10:18 PM
My voice when recorded isn't all that great in my opinion.

Jose
11-11-2007, 12:17 AM
For Jagan Eye

tell me if i am right LOL

remember i just had an ice cold frap so my voice is a little weird LOL

Fabala
11-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Hatake sounds just the way I thought she would XD And I LOVE your voice Fiery.

I'm working on convincing hubby to record himself. Love them Aussie accents.

Asriel
11-12-2007, 01:12 AM
I so have to get a mic soon.

Well aanyway my voice is very soft spoken and i'm told I sound like a friggin ghost or something when I talk.
Its weird I guess.

Vyse of the Blue Rogues
11-12-2007, 11:25 PM
So like, this morning at 7AM I was extremely tired so I started singing I'm a Little Teapot and recorded myself doing it and i failed at it, so I decided to post said failure for your entertainment. =D

Please someone kill me now. @_@

Petrol Gas
11-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Wow, Phornix that's pretty cool. I have yet to record myself actually >_>...

Buruku
11-13-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm working on convincing hubby to record himself. Love them Aussie accents.

What about your voice?

GalNAc
11-13-2007, 01:26 AM
This is me reading the first verse of My favorite Anne Rice Book..... Vittorio The Vampire.
and try not to laugh too hard.....you might just swallow your tongue...

Fabala
11-13-2007, 03:47 AM
What about your voice?

Meh. Boring. I think I would sound as expected. But perhaps I can talk him into doing a clip together XD

Music Fiend
11-13-2007, 05:07 AM
Lol. So, I did another voice clip. Sorry to say, but it is not another infamous rap from yours truly. I know you all are still yearnin' for some more afta' I laid the Xero and Teed rap down on you cats...but you'll have to settle for a shout-out to all of you guys and gals.

But hey! As a sneaky bonus and a devious scheme to make your ears bleed, I'mma throw in me singing Linkin Park's "Shadow of the Day" at 5:30 AM. This version is with no bg music tho, so if you want the version WITH it, you'll have to hit me up on MSN or ask for an e-mail. As if anyone would do that. xD

*Lady_Kikyo*
11-14-2007, 10:10 PM
So like, this morning at 7AM I was extremely tired so I started singing I'm a Little Teapot and recorded myself doing it and i failed at it, so I decided to post said failure for your entertainment. =D

Please someone kill me now. @_@

OMG Phoenix!! This is the funniest thing on here..Wow..I cant believe you dont know all the words!! For shame!..lol..j/k but seriously funny. ^.<

TheAsterisk!
12-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Here's a sample of the meaningless crap I say to people when I meet them in person.

Jose
12-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Here's a sample of the meaningless crap I say to people when I meet them in person.

This might be a little bit random but, do you know of who you remind me of the guy that voices Brain's voice in the show (cartoon) Pinky and the Brain

12-19-2007, 06:33 PM
I gots my self a mic : D!

Click here! (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/740201_r0kag/Introduction.mp3)

I'm such a dork >_<! (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/742084_pjabj/Untitled_3_.mp3)

Shout-outs XD! (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/742083_11nkl/Untitled4.mp3)

Daenerys
01-02-2008, 03:20 PM
here i am.

Sanosuke23
01-02-2008, 07:58 PM
EDIT: Here it is.

niKopol
01-02-2008, 09:25 PM
here i am.

"But this probably doesn't, so I am going to stop talking now."

That made me lol.
The attachment uploader is acting funny... I wanted to post what my normal voice sounded like.

Daenerys
01-03-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm actually pretty funny in real life.

It's just a shame that I've been so down lately. I forgot how to be myself!

I'll try to upload some old voice stuff too. I have old wavs of me singing and stuff.

From 2000.

PanzerJager
01-03-2008, 02:23 AM
I have no recording device handy so you will just have to imagine the voice of a half (and maybe fully) drunk, 21 year old college student at 2 in the morning..

01-03-2008, 03:21 PM
I made a special recording just for Jagan Eye ^_^! Sorry for the random "breath noises", I held the mic too close to my face o_O;;.

Jaggy's Recording (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/798869_58wck/Jaggy_sRecording_041642.mp3)

niKopol
01-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm actually pretty funny in real life.

It's just a shame that I've been so down lately. I forgot how to be myself!

Whenever I was down I would watch one of your videos. They'd always make me smile. Like the one of Dr. Z and the street sign.

Well, when things get like that I couldn't expect you to be all happy and cheerful. That would be kinda creepy.

Basically, what I ish trying to squeeze out of my small brain is:
"Don't be so damn hard on yourself."

Singing! I would upload me singing to Rock Band. But I think it would break the internet and anything made of glass.

Uploader still isn't working. SOoooo... and the stupid file hoster is taking it a half hour to download...

Daenerys
01-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Oh my god.

I'm so going to make a video of me and Rex playing rock band. You've inspired me. It's seriously hilarious cos I'll sit there and bang on the drums and he'll be COMPLETELY STILL....

maybe that's another topic. "post your videos"

but i could see that getting closed fast :o

01-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Guh... I went to my friend's (Jasmine) house and we made more movies XD! However... I was insanely stupid XD!

My Dance XD! (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/Kuro-Pengin/?action=view&current=JasminesHouse011.flv) (This is actually real, I really do do this dance XD!)

What I Like XD! (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/Kuro-Pengin/?action=view&current=JasminesHouse012.flv) (WARNING: I scream in a crazily high-pitched voice also... even though I wanted it to be, it's not PG XD! If you don't like fan girls, DO NOT watch XD!)

When I Become Fuhrer... (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/Kuro-Pengin/?action=view&current=JasminesHouse013.flv) (WARNING: More fan girlism... and not PG XD! Sorry, I'm a little pervy.)

Me Being Called Orochimaru ;_; (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/Kuro-Pengin/?action=view&current=JasminesHouse014.flv) (It's a long running joke, because a lot of people say that I'm like Orochimaru XD! The little laughing near the end was when my friend's little sister's came running into the room >_<. That's why I stopped.)

[Boolean]
01-07-2008, 07:21 PM

That was sure an eye opener (ear opener?) ...I realized that I'd been mispronouncing your name the whole time. x/

I would post my voice too...but alas...I don't have a mic. I suppose I could try to record it on my mp3 player and transfer it to my comp., but then again, I think that function is broken or faulty.

Besides...my voice is hideous... O.o;

Edit: it actually worked...but I'm still not going to give you the file anyways. xD