PDA

View Full Version : Best Openings?

PanzerJager
10-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Which anime show do you think has the best openings overall.. I would make it a poll, but there are to many out there, so just list them..

personally I think Bleach has the best openings in general..

Zantetsuken
10-07-2007, 12:05 AM
This is gonna sound weird, but I'd say Blue Seed. I like the intro and the song is awesome.

raziel
10-07-2007, 07:35 AM
cowboy bebop opening is one of my fave. i think it's called tank and its real up beat.

overwatch
10-07-2007, 07:50 AM
I am so sure that there is another thread like this somewhere - - -

Anyway my favourite opening, well its a toss up between Ghost in the Shell (the film) and Wolf's Rain. - I can't decide which I like more

LiLi.
10-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Hmm i'd say Naruto has the best openings, especially Heros Come Back! - nobodyknows+

Kawairashii hikari
10-07-2007, 08:47 AM
yea i'd say Naruto, they have a few songs that i really like, like the one Sasuke stated and GO!! ... Bleach though has just good opening and closing songs in general like you said one of my faves is D-techno life

GrimStride™
10-07-2007, 08:49 AM
i'd say Tenjou Tenge.I never skip the opening :D(well almost :D)

PanzerJager
10-07-2007, 09:34 AM
:eek:
if there is, then im sorry...

小美ドクロchan
10-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Kannazuki No Miko, Chrno Crusade, Rozen Maiden, Bleach first opening, Loveless, Lucky Star, Kodomo No Omocha first, and Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok are definitely in the top ten for me!

Sakura Holic
10-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Ghost in the Shell, and Bleach.

I loved the whole thing.

Shinn Kamiyra
10-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Among all the anime openings that I've seen, there are quite a few I would consider to be among my favorites:

- Tsubasa's 1st Season Opening: "Blaze"
- Gundam Seed's 1st Opening: "Invoke"
- Gundam Seed's 2nd Opening: "Moment"
- Gundam Seed's 4th Opening (My favorite of the three): "Realize"
- Gundam Seed Destiny's 1st Opening: "Ignited"
- Full Metal Panic Fumoffu's 1st and only Opening: "That's Love"
- Case Closed's 2nd Opening: Um... darn it. The name's slipped my mind.

Although there are a good deal more, I think these are good enough for right now.

onigiri princess
10-08-2007, 02:57 PM
took the words right outta me ^---^''' , also death note second opening (hard core rocks dudes!!! XD)

sa5m
10-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Bleach has a few good ones and Naruto has a few good ones. But that's probably because they have so many. xD

Darker Than Black has two awesome openings and an ending. Lovely Complex has an op and ed by my favorite duo-- Tegomass. Very upbeat! =)

Romeo x Juliet is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The op is a Japanese version of "You Raise Me Up" by Lena Park. It's my favorite version of that song. The first ending is "Cyclone" by one of my all-time favorite bands, 12012. The second ending is another beautiful song called "Goodbye, Yesterday" by Mizrock. I'm in love with Romeo x Juliet's soundtrack. <3

And who could forget about OHSHC's awesome opening and ending? Way rockin'. =)

Kawairashii hikari
10-08-2007, 03:08 PM
And who could forget about OHSHC's awesome opening and ending? Way rockin'. =)

too funny, i saw your name as a person who last posted in this thread, and though "Watch, they gonna put Ouran Host Club..." ^_^ and you did i'm so psychic, yea lol, but their coming on is great though i forgot to put in my post so yeah...^^'

tears of sorrow
10-08-2007, 03:10 PM
my fav. openings are ouran high school, X, and hellsing, Dot hack sigh. That's all i can think of.

ichigosama72
10-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Hmm, I'm gonna go a little old school and say the Original Dirty Pair, Oniisama E, Utena and Saint Seiya.

sa5m
10-08-2007, 05:38 PM
too funny, i saw your name as a person who last posted in this thread, and though "Watch, they gonna put Ouran Host Club..." ^_^ and you did i'm so psychic, yea lol, but their coming on is great though i forgot to put in my post so yeah...^^'

WAHAHAHA!! Really? That's awesome! =D

Black_Raven
10-08-2007, 06:40 PM
I Love The Opening For Bleach!

I Also Love The Opening To The Old Naruto With The Song Called "Go!!"

MrClown
10-08-2007, 06:46 PM
bleach-aterisk
hunter x hunter second opening
pretty much all the eureka seven openings
love hina opening
...thats all i know

DeliciousTrap
10-09-2007, 04:23 AM
I always enjoyed the opening to Evangelion. It's a catchy tune.
I remember an old VHS tape from the 90's that had some Tenchi Muyo episodes on it. While far from one of my favorite animes, it did have a good theme (and in English, to boot).
Excel Saga opening still makes me laugh.
Almost forgot to add Escaflowne.

Stryyder
10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Eva is just timeless. FMA opening 3, Vandread opening 1, Rune Soldier, Azumanga Daioh is just fun to watch opening and closing, Negima final episode (regular opening, but with scenes from the anime added in). Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040.

Ashori
10-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Naruto for me. I love a lot of the openings. My favorite though is for Shippuden. I like the openings for Eureka 7, FullMetal Alchemist, and InuYasha too.

Hamashimura
10-09-2007, 04:30 PM

Anyway my favourite opening, well its a toss up between Ghost in the Shell (the film) and Wolf's Rain. - I can't decide which I like more

Ah,and you think well my friend...
Although it's not the same,it's very similar,for this one is for opening/closing themes...
But can be considered as this one too...
Anyway,it's right here (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=57310%22) ...which is also same as the one here (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=19543")
Please search next time...but don't fear,none of those threads aren't closed,so I think this one will survive too...

As for the sake of answering,I'll say:
~ Steve Conte - Stray (Wolf's Rain)
~ All openings performed by Megumi Hayashibara,Masami Okui or Yuki Kajiura...I love them...

PanzerJager
10-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Ah,and you think well my friend...
Although it's not the same,it's very similar,for this one is for opening/closing themes...
But can be considered as this one too...
Anyway,it's right here (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=57310%22) ...which is also same as the one here (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=19543%22)
Please search next time...but don't fear,none of those threads aren't closed,so I think this one will survive too...

As for the sake of answering,I'll say:
~ Steve Conte - Stray (Wolf's Rain)
~ All openings performed by Megumi Hayashibara,Masami Okui or Yuki Kajiura...I love them...

:eek: oh noes! plz dont hate me (sarcasm) :laugh:

but seriously, im sorry for making another thread.. (not sarcasm)
and I like the wolfs rain opening. but this one is my fav: Ichirin no Hana by High and Mighty Color.. (3rd bleach opening)

overwatch
10-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Curses - Evangelion - now I have three at the top, this gets harder and harder.:banghead:

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
10-09-2007, 07:54 PM
the WORLD - Nightmare (Death Note)
Hit in the USA - BEAT CRUSADERS (BECK)
Stray - Steve Conte (Wolf's Rain)
For Real - Tokuyama Hidenori (Saiyuki)
Rewrite - Asian Kung-Fu Generation (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Hateshinaku Tooi Sora ni - THE STAND UP (Kyo Kara Maou!)

夏の夢
10-10-2007, 11:24 PM
My otome second opening
Utawarerumono...
Fate is ok...

Goronian
10-11-2007, 05:29 AM
Well... This list is gonna be a long one.
First of all... Excel Saga Opening. It's a catchy song with no sense of logic. You can't hate that one.
Gatchaman opening... The one which was the first ending as well... "Gatchaman Song".
Midori no Hibi's one is quite good as well...
One Piece's "We are!".
Sailor Moon opening theme is quite catchy as well...
Tenjou Tenge! The show isn't as good as the opening, though...
FMA second and third opening theme... Think that's logical.
Pokemon Juno opening... Great song, simply great.
Trigun! Great show and great opening.

I think that's all for now...

Eskar
10-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Excel Saga (funny, just funny).
Pokemon's first American opening. I like the moment in the song, when "I teach you, and you teach me!"
DragonBall
Cutie Honey (I memorized that song).
Sailor Moon's first and last openings (And them too).
Dominion Tank Police. No comments.
Kenshin.
Gegege no Kitarou. The wirst one - black-and-white. Ge! Ge! Ge-ge-ge no ge! Waaaaaaaaa!
Ginga's old and new openings.
Candy Candy.
Hello, Sandybelle!

Memento Mori
10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Aozora no NAMIDA -Blood+-. It's nice and Hitomi Takahashi does a great job in changing the feeling of the song. But, if I had to pick another, I would pick Cloud Age Symphony from Last Exile.

Saiyuko
10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
"Motteke! Se-ra-fuku" from Lucky Star...lol, now this song is strange, a song about a school uniform...or atleast, that how it goes by the translation of the song title.

"Soramimi Cake" from Azumanga Daioh...cute and funny.A song about a teaparty?Now that's something else...

"What's up People" from Deathnote...A japanese metal band?Now that's not something you see everyday.

"Aozora no Namida" and "Season's Call" from Blood+, they're both pretty good songs...

"Tank!" from Cowboy Beebop is a pretty cool jazz tune.

"Asterisk" from Bleach was one of my personal faves for quite a while.

Famahama
10-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Lucky Star's OP for cuteness.
Azumanga's for randomness.
Air Gear OP
Lovely Complex OP1 and OP2 [haha, i love this anime]

BuLmA
10-17-2007, 11:39 AM
I'd say Vision of Escaflowne" (Yakusoku nado Iranai) I really love it.

Light Guardian
10-17-2007, 11:54 AM
I think the D.Gray Man openings are the best...

Spiffy!
10-17-2007, 07:13 PM
I'd have to say Naruto and Bleach have great openings, they're creative and they kinda make me hyper sometimes. lol
I also like AIR's opening because of the song~ ^.^

Nariel
10-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Both of Daa! Daa! Daa!'s openings, the Pokemon song Ippai Summer, the Cardcaptor Sakura themes, Naruto's Heroes come back, and Kamichama Karin's opening. It rocks!

flameboy_337
10-17-2007, 08:43 PM
bleach-yui, rolling star

datajack
10-18-2007, 10:50 AM
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya's opening is the onlyone i watch on every episode. i love it, 100%

S o l o
10-18-2007, 11:02 AM
So Far for me it has to be Outlaw Star and s-CRY-ed

ReccaReichiri16
10-20-2007, 06:25 AM
I think, it would be Byakuya~True Light of DN Angel, Higher and Higher of Rave and Nanka Shiawase of Flame of Recca.

Miyavi89
10-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Elfen lied!

Drashow
10-23-2007, 02:21 AM
Hey!

Well, I don't really actually know myself because I can hardly remember most of them ^.^;; but... I think Dnangel has a great opening, the music is main reason as to why I say so but there are a few Fullmetal Alchemist ones out there, that have good action scenes going well to the music...

Saiyuki isn't bad either, like the very starting opening... I can't quite remember the rest so I can't say anything about them.

~Ta-ta
+-Drashow-+

Famahama
10-23-2007, 03:20 AM
Just rewatched some of me favorite Anime.

Nightmare - sNoW (Jigoku Shoujo)
Sakasama no Chou - sNoW (Jigoku Shoujo)

<33333333*pants*....333333

Crippe
10-23-2007, 03:51 AM
Hellsing - Logos Naki World (A world without logos), one of the best songs ever :D
Elfen Lied (lilium, everybody likes it, admit it ^^)
Azumanga Daioh (Soramimi cake, cute song :p)
Excel Saga (random ^^)
Rurouni Kenshin (I think the songs name is Sobakasu..., it's very good ^^)
Lucky Star (also cute song ^^)
Darker than black - HOWLING! (now that song is just so awsome, love it)

well...these are most of my favourite opening songs ^^

Chubakii
10-23-2007, 07:05 AM
hmmm... mine would definitely depend on the song and the video.. so i would say for both...

we have...
Bleach
Blood+
Death Note

for the song.... (there's too many actually)
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Kyou Kara Maou
Bleach
Blood+
Hunter X Hunter
Trigun
Get Backers
and many many more!!!!!

ParaParaJMo
10-23-2007, 09:18 AM
A lot of songs L'Arc~En~Ciel has done is pretty cool.

Like they did Driver's High for GTO
Blurry Eyes for DNA
The new opening theme for Gundam 00
and Cafe Ave for Rurouni Kenshin

datajack
10-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Tenjou tenge is a good opening =)

CandyYukari
10-23-2007, 11:26 AM
I'll say a lot of opening i love....

tiz will be~~~~
Tsubasa chornicles~Jigoku Shoujo~BLEACH{ Nice wan lolz}~BLOOD+~Sola~Rozen Maiden~Ouran High School Host Club n many....

Becoz....I LOVE their songs....+.+:p :D :cool:

VraieEsprit
10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Wolf's Rain has to be up there. (Now if I could only settle down and watch the wretched anime...the music and the theme opening is awesome. LOL!)

I wound up walking around singing the Gravitation opening theme for weeks, but I don't think that counts (:P)

I like Velvet Underworld and the matching animation for Weiss Kreuz's Kapitel series too. Although the second closing set of pictures for the WK Kapitel series is more emotive (crying assassins, sniff). I like all the Weiss opening and closing themes, but I hate the Gluehen animation, so that ruins them rather.

I like the opening sequence to Fushigi Yuugi's second OVA. Even if it does have Tenkou in it. But it's not really a proper theme per se.

I liked the...er...whichever Bleach theme it was (second?) that was pictured to D-Technolife by Uverworld. I don't like all of the Bleach openings, but I did like that one.

Hrm...

Oh yes.

I love the opening to Saiunkoku Monogatari. Possibly second season more than first because Shuurei and Seiran are so cute when they're young...LOL :) And Hajimari no Kaze is such a pretty song, too. So that has to rate among my favourites. The animation quality of that series is really good. ;)

Vraie

Happy Heart
10-25-2007, 04:32 AM
I love the opening theme of Vision of Escaflowne.^^ I also like the the opening theme of Colourcloud Palace, Tsubasa Chronicles and the Pokemon Theme song!^^

shooting-star
10-25-2007, 04:52 AM
mine would have to be :-
(here we go lol)
bleach openings,
1 opening - Orange Range - Asterisk,
5 opening Yui - Rolling Star,
3 opening - High And Mighty Color - Ichirin No Hana,
6 opening - ALONES - Aqua Timez,

Fruits Basket - Opening (English)

Full Metal Alchemist - 1st Opening - Melissa
4th Opening - Rewrite

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig - Opening Theme

Ouran High School Host Club - Sakura Kiss e

Gunslinger girl The Light Before We Land

Wolf's Rain - Stray

sorry for how long it is lol =3

Doom85
10-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Fullmetal Alchemist Opening Themes 2 and 4
Naruto Season 3 and 4 themes
Outlaw Star opening theme
Samurai Champloo opening theme

To tell you the truth, I can't think of any ending themes I like. Most of them don't appeal to me.

.Lovebeat
10-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Siiigh... it's hard to decide because I can't remember all the OPs from all the animes I have seen...
I'd say that Death Note, FMA and Bleach is on top of my list of favourite OPs. The songs aren't always great but I think the Openings just gives the series a great feeling.

winry039
10-27-2007, 01:16 PM
there are a lot and i agree with a lot of you but i have to say blood+, naruto, bleach, cowboybebop, and ghost in the shell(tv show)

u_fig_eater
10-27-2007, 07:49 PM
I actually like Gundam SEED OP#3 and Gundam 00's.

uzumaki
11-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I like the fourth Full Metal Alchemist opening, third D. Gray Man opening, current Bleach opening, the Read or Die opening, and all the Blood + openings. The D. Gray Man one is probably my favorite though.

Baka
11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I bet you can't guess what my favorite is. lol Of coarse I will pick Negima! I like the part where the singer says "happy ready go".

AceNoctali
11-05-2007, 04:45 PM
The most awesome anime opening I've seen so far is easily "Dive in the Sky", Plančtes' opening.

The video clip is sheer greatness (the way it's constructed, with the differents stages of space conquest, and diverse space devices along with the characters, is really well-thought and done)

As for the song, it's really powerful, and fits absolutely with the clip.

Al in all, both are making the opening an unforgivable (well, at least for me) piece of work.:love:

rubberbabybuggybumper
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Bleach had some good openings, specifically D-tecnolife. Same with Blood+ (replace D-tecnolife with Colors of the Heart), Gensomaden Saiyuki and Great Teacher Onizuka. Mirage of Blaze has a good opening and the Vandread openings are just awesome.

But I love the opening to Gravitation. It's the best opening ever. I can find not fault with it.

realms89
11-05-2007, 08:49 PM
season one of bleach was pretty cool

Inamorata
11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Season one of Ergo Proxy. I lo0o0ove Radio Head. The ending song is awesome too!!!

Shimotsuki_No_MiNa
11-08-2007, 04:19 AM
Record of Lodoss War: Heroic Knight - Kiseki no Umi
Vision of Escaflowne - Yakusoku wa iranai (yes, I'm a fan of Kanno/Sakamoto duet xp)
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Zankoku na Tenshi no Te-ze (obvious classic)
Tenchi Muyo OAV - Ryo Ohki's Theme
Houshin Engi aka Soul Hunter - Will

Death Note opening no.2 - What's up People? (because it's the first time I heard SUCH AN opening for an anime )

Techno_Sonika
11-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I like the openings of Ghost in the Shell, Bleach, Gundam Seed and some of Naruto!!

Yuuki Kurosu
11-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Chrono Crusade, Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, FullMetal Alchemist, Tsubasa, Lucky Star, Bleach...umm..umm..if I can think of anymore I will post 'em ^.^

SGI
11-09-2007, 01:16 AM
Well here are my top openings. You have to love obscure anime, and their awesome openings openings.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Season 4 - 'It Must Be Something'
* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYKW6fVqbmA)
Spiral Labyrinth - 'A Story of Time'
* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiRLuvvAq7o)

Monster - 'Grain'
* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwlCu5TBneE)

Rose of Versailles - 'Bara wa utsukushiku chiru'
* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJRhkV-MILo)

Terof
12-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Hellsing or wolf`s rain has the best opening. I like the songs and videos ^^

Kloud_Seven
12-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Ghost In The Shell- Movies and series
Paranoia Agent
GunSlinger Girl

daft
12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Record of Lodoss War: Heroic Knight - Kiseki no Umi
Vision of Escaflowne - Yakusoku wa iranai (yes, I'm a fan of Kanno/Sakamoto duet xp)
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Zankoku na Tenshi no Te-ze (obvious classic)
Tenchi Muyo OAV - Ryo Ohki's Theme
Houshin Engi aka Soul Hunter - Will

Death Note opening no.2 - What's up People? (because it's the first time I heard SUCH AN opening for an anime )

Yeah, me too. Death Note's opening really catches attention.

littlekitty
12-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Hmmm...openings are hard to choose from. I have two favorites so far. First, I love the Bokura Ga Ita opening- it always makes me smile. Second, I really like the Full Moon Wo Sagashite opening, with its cute music and animation. That song always gets stuck in my head.

Apart from those two, a few others stand out. Kodocha's 2 opening themes really suit the mood of the anime. Also, La Corda D'Oro's opening music and art are beautiful!
----------------------------
It's also worth mentioning the WORST anime openings (imo):
1. Suzuka. I got sick of this opening after episode 1. The music is boring, as is the animation.
2. Peach Girl. For the story the anime tells, I expected the opening to be much better. I do love the opening song, though.

shirogane_hitsugaya
12-10-2007, 12:22 AM
i like shakugan no shana opening the best....-hishoku no sora and being.
i like yakitate!! japan openings too...-houki gumo,hummingbird(i'm not sure if they're openings)
Naruto-kanashimi wo yasashisa ni
kekkaishi-sha la la~ayakashi night~
the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya-bouken desho desho.
eyeshield 21-breakthrough,blaze line
bleach-d'techno life,ichirin no hana
samurai 7-unlimited
rorouni kenshiin-all the openings...
and MAR opening which i forgot the title of the song...
etc etc etc...

エスカレイヤ
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I like Darker Than Black openings :D

Riina-chan
12-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Well Fullmetal Alchemist (especially the movie! ;) ), Naruto, Bleach and Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (Slow by Kiyoharu!!! <3)!!!

Fabala
12-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Rose of Versailles is probably the only opening I have NEVER grown the slightest bit tired of, so I suppose it wins by default.

Magisha
12-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Hmm. . .

I've always liked the BLEACH, FMA and some of the Naruto openings! ^__^

But I especially like Sakura Kiss and the opening for Lucky Star!!! XD

littlekitty
12-10-2007, 09:34 PM
How could I forget! I also love the Ouran Host Club opening. It really embodies the tone the anime takes- it reminded me not to take the anime or any of the characters too seriously. :-P

jewel2sparkle
12-10-2007, 09:46 PM
I pretty much never watch this show, but I love the first intro to Bleach. It's just soooo good.