Scott Reeder - bass
Alfredo Hernández - drums

Favorite Songs:
"[Beginning of What's About to Happen] HWY 74" from Wretch
"Son of a *****" from Wretch
"Thumb" from Blues for the Red Sun
"Green Machine" from Blues for the Red Sun
"50 Million Year Trip (Downside Up)" from Blues for the Red Sun
"Thong Song" from Blues for the Red Sun (Has nothing to do with Sisco's song)
"Gardenia" from Welcome to Sky Valley
"Demon Cleaner" from Welcome to Sky Valley
"Whitewater" from Welcome to Sky Valley
"Hurricane" from ...And the Circus Leaves Town
"El Rodeo" from ...And the Circus Leaves Town
"Tangy Sizzle" from ...And the Circus Leaves Town
"Catamaran" from ...And the Circus Leaves Town
"Fatso Forgotso" from Kyuss/ Queens of the Stone Age Split
"Fatso Forgotso Phase II (flip the phase)" from Kyuss/ Queens of the Stone Age Split
"Un Sandpiper" from Muchas Gracias: The Best of Kyuss

How long they've been playing: They played from sometime late 80's till 1995, then disbanded.

Difficulty to find: You aren't going to find them at a mainstream music store, but they have a cult following and so it shouldn't be that hard to find them online. (I know iTunes has at least one of their albums.)

Kyuss is an amazing band. If you love dirty guitars tuned as low as possible, jamming, and rhythms that drill into your brain, and slacker-nihilist lyrics that you can’t even hear anyway, you'll love this band.

Ryth
09-28-2007, 11:32 PM
1989-1995

Black Sabbath is the only stoner band I prefer over Kyuss, Electric Wizard being the only one who could challenge them. I have Kyuss' entire discography. Welcome To Sky Valley is their definite magnum opus.

I also enjoy Yawning Man, who from interviews, had an impact on Kyuss' music.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-29-2007, 12:08 AM
1989-1995
Yeah, but it depends on whether you conceder Katzenjammer to be the same band or not. The date I got for them was "late-eighties".

Black Sabbath is the only stoner band I prefer over Kyuss, Electric Wizard being the only one who could challenge them. I have Kyuss' entire discography. Welcome To Sky Valley is their definite magnum opus.
I have most of their work. I'm still missing Sons of Kyuss. I agree with Welcome to Sky Country being their best album... gawd, Whitewater has one of the best guitar solos I've ever heard.

Masali
10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Only CD I have is Muchas Gracias: Best of Kyuss. I really dig "Un Sandpiper" and "Thumb"