PDA

View Full Version : Invent a believable lie

Eris
09-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Self explanatory enough. Make up something that sounds like it could be true, but isn't. You never know, YOU may start the next big factoid!

Here's my contribution: Dogs have four nostrils. Two on their nose, and two in their mouth. Dogs trademark hyperventilation is a way for them to enhance their important sense of smell by smelling with both their nose and their mouth.

Now it's your turn. Let's hear it.

Acnologia
09-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Whales breathe underwater. They expel excess water that gets in their mouth while eating through their blow-hole.

overwatch
09-27-2007, 02:42 PM
No thats wrong !
Whales hold their breath while underwater, thats why they have to come up for more air

I think I win
Whales don't hold their breath - they could never dive with fully inflated lungs - to boyant. Instead they have a very high level of heamoglobin in their blood, which allows them to "store" oxygen so that they can empty their lings before diving

╬Karami Mew~Meow
09-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Whales breathe underwater. They expel excess water that gets in their mouth while eating through their blow-hole.

Well, guess that's not so believable since overwatch says no. *XD*
I really can't think of anything right now.

Ollie
09-27-2007, 03:26 PM
No thats wrong !
Whales hold their breath while underwater, thats why they have to come up for more air
I have to wonder if you're making a joke or if the purpose of the thread flew over your head completely.

Fourstarball
09-27-2007, 03:56 PM
No thats wrong !

Bless... :D

Megalodon, a forty foot version of a great white shark still exists. It's prehistoric tendancies have driven it to the depths, seeking creatures large enough to sustain it's enormous body weight.

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/ponyexpress/pony13_2/PE132FossilHallMegalodonJaws_web.jpg

http://www.adriaticdiving.com/divingadriatic/slike/morzan0001/Megalodon%203.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKzrVv7I_o

Anjiru Ookami
09-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Eris is a boy.

Buruku
09-27-2007, 04:41 PM
A swirling dervish is a popular pastry that originated in Belgium. It is usually associated with Assumption Day, since that is when its mostly eaten.

KuroTan
09-27-2007, 07:12 PM
The social structure of ants in an ant hill is such that what one member feels, the whole hive feels no matter how far away that particular ant is from the ant hill. This evolutionary feature was acquired around the time when ants first roamed in the vast grasslands of Africa and had no way of communicating effectively.

Bean Bandit
09-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Carpenter bees all huddle together in a swarm, in the middle of winter after they go into the holes they drilled to stay warm.

OminousCloud
09-28-2007, 01:09 AM
In 2004 an underground drug ring based in Japan smuggled $35 million worth of methamphetamines into 27 different countries by soaking select pages of manga in the solution.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-28-2007, 01:25 AM
There is a spoon.

It's a Matrix reference.

Fabala
09-28-2007, 02:13 AM
I heard something interesting. Apparently there were problems with new Dubya stamp issued. It wouldn't stick to envelops which, being it's primary function, made them rather pointless. Dubya had the issue investigated. Turns out, people were spitting on the wrong side.

Wio
09-28-2007, 02:37 AM
If the groundhog see's its shadow, their will be six more weeks of bad weather.

Ollie
09-28-2007, 01:30 PM
I heard something interesting. Apparently there were problems with new Dubya stamp issued. It wouldn't stick to envelops which, being it's primary function, made them rather pointless. Dubya had the issue investigated. Turns out, people were spitting on the wrong side.
Bahahaha... awesome.

I have no lies to add, because I can't top that!

Khanxay
09-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Eris is a boy.

OMG!?!? NO WAY10101!!!?!?!

I'm the best video gamer ever. Since you know, I'm GaMeGoD.

This whole post is sarcasm.

███
09-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Soy milk is in fact cat milk, I probably couldn't talk people into it over the internet, but I have been able to talk quite a few people into believing it at my work, some say I am a great liar.

Tenchi Masaki
09-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Somewhere lurking around the internet, there is a forum that contains no spam. All the forum members remain on topic and provide a grade school understanding of the English language in their posts.

The URL to the forum is only provided through a recommendation from a current forum member. Rumor has it that some agents from that forum monitor sites such as these for potential members...

Aleyna
09-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Prussian is a mixed race of Persian and Russian

iRevo
09-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Somewhere in Texas, there is a oil reserve big enough to satisfy the American's hunger for oil.

Iam not Pinoy.

SGI
09-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Australians keep Kangaroos as pets. They often train them to hunt rabbits. Upon capturing the rabbits, the Kangaroos stash them in their pouch to return to their masters so as they are able to cook rabbit stew.

Petrol Gas
09-29-2007, 05:10 PM
The original inventor of the vacuum cleaner was Sir Francis Bacon in 1634 (disputed fact). He was supposedly investigating the scientific properties of water, and air. Among other inventions that Bacon created this item was one of the few that was not recognized by science as scientific.

Bacon was later hanged for inventing Brussel Sprouts

Fiery
09-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Because culture undergoes the process of diffusion, the spread of ideas, customs, and practices from one place to the next, those traits which are most common and most widely distributed are oldest.

Bucky Katt
09-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Hickory Dickory Dock
Three mice ran up the clock
The clock struck one
The other two escaped with minor injuries

Mittens
09-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Hickory Dickory Dock
Three mice ran up the clock
The clock struck one
The other two escaped with minor injuries
Okay, wow, that is amazing!

Let's see what I can cook up...

Every person sees different colors. What I see for blue, someone else will see as an entirely different color - maybe even one that, in my rainbow, doesn't even exist. Everyone sees colors which follow the same characteristics. When I say that blue is calming, the other person will agree - although we are seeing two completely different colors.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-29-2007, 09:25 PM
This sentience is true.

TheAsterisk!
09-29-2007, 11:54 PM
ONE
The nursery rhyme "Mary Had a Little Lamb" was originally a risque limerick thought up by lonely ranchers, and was recited as shown below.
Mary had a little lamb; she also had a bear.
I often saw her liittle lamb; I seldom saw her bare.
TWO
Rick Wakeman (http://home.maine.rr.com/abajoran/img/rw11.jpg) wants to fight crime in his spare time.

Aleyna
09-30-2007, 01:36 AM
a komoto dragon is the only species left of dragons, and they are on the verge of extinction

OminousCloud
09-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Australians keep Kangaroos as pets. They often train them to hunt rabbits. Upon capturing the rabbits, the Kangaroos stash them in their pouch to return to their masters so as they are able to cook rabbit stew.

Just to clarify for those who don't know much about Australia the lie in this post is highlighted. Rabbits are usually cooked in a spit roast style ;)

overwatch
09-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Well I did do a spoiler, though I don't think anyone has noticed yet - so - go up and see what I lied about :D - Also own up who is the anonymous b repper - I know your out there somewhere:laugh:

Music Fiend
09-30-2007, 06:51 PM
A believable lie?

I am white.

If you haven't seen a picture of me or seen me admit to it, this is about as believable of a lie as I can give you, since, I was thought to be an emo/skater white guy, anyway, for the longest time (by quite a few people), on this site.

Oh, and another lie:

I LOVE commas. You would think that I would, what with how often I use them.