PDA

View Full Version : Anime Philosophies

sa5m
09-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Is your everyday personality influenced by anime or manga?

This is kind of like the "How has anime changed you" thread, but a bit different. I want to know if there are any "anime philosophies" that you follow. For example, bravery from Bleach, beliefs from Death Note... etc.

I think that Naruto has had a great impact on me. Even though it's fiction, the character of Rock Lee has really influenced me. I love his hard working attitude. In a lot of ways, Rock Lee stays with me as I do everyday activities. It's all about hard work-- not all talent. I feel like him especially when it comes to school. I'd say that my parents are moderately successful people-- but not biochemical engineers that a lot of my friend's parents are. As it turns out, my friends are geniuses... xD Well, maybe not geniuses, but really smart. Anyway, for things like schoolwork, they are able to have their parents help them... However, for me, I must depend on myself. That's when I think of Rock Lee! What would he do in my position? He would work hard to keep up with everyone else. And that's exactly what I do. =) I keep his philosophy with me as I go through the day. As a result, I am happier about myself.
"Always be better today than you were yesterday." That quote of his especially helps me when I'm feeling down when practicing violin. It motivates me.
I even have a little Rock Lee keychain that I carry around... I know, you must be thinking, "What is wrong with this girl?! It's kind of sad, but true. Anime DOES influence me... in a positive way of course.

Now enough of my own rambling, I want to hear YOURS! =)

Shinn Kamiyra
09-20-2007, 03:42 PM
There are quite a few 'philosophies' and characters that have inspired me as I've watched numerous anime over the years. In their own special weird, and I suppose in my own "weird" way, such things have helped me to grow up a little, helped me to mature.

After all, even if it is just anime, all of the ideas and feelings that were poured into them came from real people... isn't that right?

To begin, the characters of Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala from Gundam Seed inspire me through their almost mind boggling abilities and talent. Whenever I think of them in a situation where I feel that I could be doing better, where I even consider giving up, thinking of how I know if they were in the same situation, I know I have to try and do my best to do the same. When I think of their raw determination and resolve in never giving up until they had reached their goal, it helps me to find my own inner strength and continue where I might've otherwise not gone any further.

Next, there is the character of Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho. His cool and calm composure, maintaining a sense of diligence and center regardless of his situation, truly caught my attention. I always wish that I could be like, not allowing my emotions to take hold of me at a moment's whim. So, in situations where I feel that I might not be able to hold onto myself, I think of Kurama's "philosophy" in that he wouldn't allow himself to lose his composure.

My next one comes moreso from an RPG game than from an actual anime. Still, this one is one that comes to mind at least every few days, so I would have to say that it's one of my most influentail ones. As to the actual source, it is the character of chaos from Xenosaga. His 'philosophy', one which I would say I couldn't do justice through words alone, is one that is more of a feeling then anything else.

chaos, in his almost seemingly infinite capacity of understanding and caring for those around him, really reached out to me as I played through the Xenosaga series. If I could say anything of it as a 'philosophy', it would be in that I try to be more understanding of the things around me and the beauty of their life, as I believe the character chaos tries to do.

Though there are more, I'd like to leave my philosophies off at these. Well, I hope they didn't come off as being too weird for you or awkward. In a sense, I don't quite understand them completely myself... but then again, that is part of the essence of philosophy, isn't it?

PanzerJager
09-20-2007, 04:16 PM
anime has been a negative impact on my life.. and even though it has made me a more sensitive and caring person, inspired me to do new things, and improved my quality of life....

.. I never have time to do my work because I watch and spend way to much time and money on it..

does this make me shallow?... ;)

KuroTan
09-20-2007, 07:02 PM
It has made me lose a lot of money. But it's fun since, I don't know, kinda like when I'm playing tennis.lol. Can't describe why it's fun. It just is.^^ I think that since every anime I've seen has a hero it's made me do some, even though not as heroic as saving a baby, pretty decent stuff. Plus it's kinda fun to just let loose and have fun like they always show in there.XD

Zantetsuken
09-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Bebop taught me one thing:

"Whatever happens, happens."

sa5m
09-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Bebop taught me one thing:

"Whatever happens, happens."

Nice one! =P

Takatofan1986
09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Yes, because these words are true:

"Human kind cannot gain anything without first give something in return. To obtain: something of equal value must first be lost."

hokiboshi
09-20-2007, 11:10 PM
an anime taught me this philosophies

-destiny is not inevitable, but a choice

-Kitsune-
09-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Hm.. the anime/manga Fruits Basket influenced me a bit. The week I started watching it, my friends said that I started actng a lot nicer so I guess Tohru influenced me. Also the character Rock Lee influenced me a bit, the way he is so determined and never gives up ^.^
Other than that, all anime has done is coax me into spending more money that I shouldnt spend ^.^

Ashers
09-22-2007, 06:58 AM
Somehow xxxHOLiC Somewhat works for me? You sorta learn lessons from it from the various holic's that go to visit yuuko. Like one of the holics kept on lying and in the end died because of her actions. Simple things like that [:

onigiri princess
09-22-2007, 07:11 AM
some what yes for some reason, faruba makes me learn lessons about anxeity, hatred, envy, kindness in different ways, family, more from the manga anyway ^0^' hahaha, it's a good read, when i want to read these words again and agian, when ever i feel down or lost, very good read ^-^ & satisfying to many i guess -^0^-

Sonata
09-22-2007, 11:01 AM
I agree with the Fruits Basket comments...I've seen so many series where there's one character, usually female, who can take any negative thing and make something positive from it. I think that's a wonderful type of person to be and I always wish I could be more like that. Those kinds of characters inspire me to try harder not to let life get me down, or let all the little frustrations ruin my day.

GodOrDevil?
09-22-2007, 11:02 PM
I agree with the Fruits Basket comments...I've seen so many series where there's one character, usually female, who can take any negative thing and make something positive from it. I think that's a wonderful type of person to be and I always wish I could be more like that. Those kinds of characters inspire me to try harder not to let life get me down, or let all the little frustrations ruin my day.

Good luck, because those type of people don't exist in real life.

Sonata
09-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Good luck, because those type of people don't exist in real life.

Anime characters aren't real? :O You're kidding!

:P The point is to try.

deli53
09-25-2007, 04:41 PM
that's one of the hardest things to accept there isn't a person like that even for me. People like that are probably saints or are blessed but where i come from heh its the complete opposite geez everyone getting pissed off at nutin. And about philosophies same here about the girl being optimistic one anime Ah! My Goddess really hit me hard especially Belldandy's personality(a pretty goddess believing in spirits in every object and devoted to 1 person only and has full faith in that person). Though i try praying(Im catholic) and try to act nice...... when im around my friends heh my attitude to fit in just changes my ideals about being nice but once i move out where i am i can try to be nicer and be more saint like i guess