PDA

View Full Version : Faye's Photography

SerenityFaye
09-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Hi! This is my photography that I have been doing. These are all GSP's. (Gelatin Silver Prints) These were done for Intro to Photography, spring 2007. Since I did them several months ago, I don't remember what my settings on my camera was. However, I was using a film, Nikon, I forget the model number, SLR. I was also using Ilford 400 ISO film.

Photo 1: This was from my first assignment, Light As Subject. I also entered this into Mosiac, which is a magazine that my college publishes, that is filled with poetry, short stories, photography, drawings, paintings, etc. And it was accepted. Entitled: Forlorn Noble

Photo 2: This was for my second assignment, Form. This was done in one of our lighting studios.

Photo 3: Also done for Light As Subject. This was also submitted to Mosiac, but was rejected, but to get one in as an intro student is good enough to me.

Photo 4: This was my final project, which was a self protrait project. This was another in studio work, and as I print more of the set that I took, I will post.

Photo 5: This was taken for the Self Protrait assignment. This was entered into the KCC Student Art Exhibit, and accepted. The notebook reads "I wish I could say I love you without you hating me for it" (in case you can't read it, it's not a good scan.) Entitled: I Love You

Photo 6: Light As Subject again. That was my favorite project by far.

Photo 7: This was another done for my final project. Another in studio. This was submitted to the Spring Into Art show that was hosted by the 5/3 Bank here in Battle Creek, it was accepted as well. Entitled: Soul Reaper.

This is the start of my photography, all of these were taken in one semester and I have plenty more that I need to print still. I lost darkroom use until recently so I will be back in there doing more of these prints, and doing new shots which I will post as I can. Hope you all enjoyed looking through some of my stuff <3 Any comments are welcome.

~Kim/Faye~

Raven Kyuuketsuki
09-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Wow Faye, such a dark feeling in the pictures. But I would say I do enjoy it. ^_^

Jamie5192
09-19-2007, 07:44 PM
I like these pictures but to be completely honest i think that you should have one in color or something like that. I still like them though^-^

SerenityFaye
09-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I do color photos too, but these were the ones that I wanted to show first because these were fromy first photo course and it was a black and white course.

LiLi.
09-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Damn thats spooky for sure lol.
Whoaz thats some great pictures you got there, heh i specially like the one with you having sunglasses on, woman in black XDDDD

Trustworthy
09-20-2007, 11:40 AM
I really like these, they give me a weird dark feeling, It's cool.

Megumi Oaks
09-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Black and white can be fun to work with. I hatez the ten point whatever grey scale though. The only thing that I noticed is the first one has a lot of white spots and grain. Is that from the film or from scanning it in? I know 400 ISO can lead to some of that, but I don't see it in the other pictures.

Arrancar Starrk
09-21-2007, 10:37 AM
I really feel the lonliness in a few pictures. So dark and colorless, I love it! xD

SerenityFaye
09-21-2007, 01:10 PM
That is most likely the scan. I cropped it when I scanned it because there was stuff in there that I didn't want in there. I'm going to reprint it soon though and print it cropped and see where that gets me.

Also, that print wasn't in my possesion for months, the people that put together mosiac had it for a long time and some of the imperfections (dust and what not) is probably from them because they didn't keep it in a sleeve like I do. =(

added note, those aren't sunglasses, those are my regular glasses. Just the way the light was set up made them look weird in the print.

*Lady_Kikyo*
09-23-2007, 04:14 PM
out of all the pics there i like the last one the most..very dark!! i like dark

The Zodiac
10-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I get a dark feeling out of the pictures as well..a sense of darkness. Very nice indeed faye, nice job.:ninja:

Kaitou Ace
10-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Please keep the discussions to the actual photography. And "Bad" isn't helpful, just as "Good" isn't helpful, please explain what you like or don't like about the photography.

ToxicChan
10-26-2007, 04:03 PM
I seriously like those pictures.
Such as the lighting and stuff.
[:

SerenityFaye
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Why thank you. ^_^