PDA

View Full Version : Elfin Lied?

Drunk_Squid
09-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Overwatch mentioned this to me (Elfin Lied, or is it Leid?) and I was wondering if anyone here has seen it and if you like it or not.

Thanks,
Drunk Squid

Thousand Eyes
09-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Elfen Lied, but it's pronounced "El-Fen Leed."

Anyway, I've seen it. I thought it was pretty good. It had its excessive amount of gore (which I like) and a story that touches on unfair treatment of a feared diclonius. It kind of has that Beauty & The Beast type of theme. Lucy was my favourite female Anime character for a long time.

chappie1989
09-20-2007, 01:45 AM
I have seen this anime two years go. Pretty good anime and loads of blood flying around.

mr pantsu
09-20-2007, 04:01 AM
this was my gatway anime and its still one of my top favoritts, its a dime in my eyes couse it has it all, plot, caracters you feel, great caracter and story build, pluss its a mix of all kinds of geners from gore to humandrama and they blend it together perfect, so yea, i think is defenitly worth your time

-d-

ed: gateway not gatway hehe

Famahama
09-20-2007, 04:15 AM
The anime with the most lovely artwork.
Pretty Awesome! The story was awesome! but eh, the ending was .... eh
Horror, comedy, romance all packed into one.
Well, theres an episode 10.5 I reccomend that you guys watch it ^^

Though the Manga has more characters... [cant find anymore chapters so i got stuck at 77]

.Lovebeat
09-22-2007, 03:34 PM
It's a really good anime and I think the graphics are great.
Though if you don't like blood (a lot of blood... and flying body parts) Elfen Lied is nothing for you. xD
But the story is great! I never thought something as bloody as that could have a good AND romantic story behind it.
I agree that the ending is a bit... eh.
Anyway, the anime is great and I don't think you'll regret watching it if you will or have.

Fabala
09-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Should have ended just a liiiiittle sooner (those who have seen it should hopefully know where I refer to), and I didn't care for the hints of incest, but otherwise it was very enjoyable. Good story, good characters, the story played out at a good pace without much in the way of "filler" material, if any.

I'd recommend it for an anime fan who likes an interesting plot and doesn't mind a LOT of blood and gore.

DemonicRay
09-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Its a pretty good anime... despite the ecchi and hentais in it... the story line is interesting... and keeps the watchers on the edge of the seat.. :p

Probably one of the most saddest anime ever.. :/ T.T

I love NyUUuUuUu~!! xD

Fabala
09-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Saddest? Pfft. It had the potential for it, but ruined it with the ending >< I hate that. Blowing a perfectly good ending to make the viewers "happy."

Drunk_Squid
09-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey thanks for all the info and stuff, I think I will look into it, I had never heard of it before I joined this BBS, go figure.

Ashers
09-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Lol yeaah you should watch it, im only 5 episodes into it, but its still awesome <3

Marina27
09-24-2007, 04:46 PM
I just recently watched it and I found it to be a beautiful story. The artwork is wonderful and the music enchanting.

bya~chan
09-24-2007, 04:56 PM
i just watched it not to long ago either...it scared me 'cause i've never seen an anime with sooo much blood and body parts flying around, but i got used to it and it was really good although i haven't seen the ending yet!!!

red_sky300
09-24-2007, 05:04 PM
its abit gory but unless u like that kinda stuff ull be fine ^^ bit sad though really

Drunk_Squid
09-24-2007, 06:21 PM
I can't wait to see it I just briefly read about it and it looks extremely good.

Kitsumeyo
09-24-2007, 08:57 PM
This is a very well made anime. The story was very well thought out and the artwork is well done. If you can handle peoples heads exploding and some nudity, then I would recommend this anime for you to watch.

Drunk_Squid
09-25-2007, 10:09 AM
This is a very well made anime. The story was very well thought out and the artwork is well done. If you can handle peoples heads exploding and some nudity, then I would recommend this anime for you to watch.

Head explosions are always a plus, especially if it is done well. I don't like pointless violence but I always appreciate stylized and realistic violence, but also I enjoy how much anime doesn't hold back at all with violence.

deli53
09-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Elfen Lied was the first anime ive seen with so much blood and gore and my reaction was...... AWESOME so unique!!!! Seriously... I really havent seen an anime like that and it just hooked me onto it until the very end. Well thats probably because ive never seen an anime with so much blood but still the plot was great and yea the ending couldve been sadder but ended up like a symbolism and happy one. Well to me it didnt really matter what kind of ending it was i was just glad to see Lucy ripping people's body apart cuz thats wut dey deserve when you mess with her!

jac
09-27-2007, 07:34 PM
don't usually go for all the blood and gore type animes, but i really liked this one. Had a really good story line.

xXx Gaara xXx
09-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Never seen it, but I wanna!

schmiddy1986
11-10-2007, 04:36 AM
which character feels more pain?

lucy? nana? ...?

i think lucy!
because she realizes more bad experiences than e.g. nana.
for nana, pain is a part of her "little" life. so, she is able to reduce her feelings of pain more than lucy, i think.

and u?

Terof
12-07-2007, 06:22 AM
I have seen elfen lied couple of times and i liked it ^^ and schmiddy1986 i agree with you

Evilspike2
12-07-2007, 08:42 AM
its a good show, lots of blood.. also nudity, dismembering, gore, etc BUT it has a GREAT story to it, im currently trying to find the Manga translated..

ThePoisonDartt
12-10-2007, 02:09 AM
Elfen Lied is my favorite Anime of all time. For me it is the perfect combination of things to create an amazing Anime. 1. Art work. Usually I am attracted to pretty things so really well done art work in anime is usually the first thing that catches my eye. I am a total art geek so seeing that they had these amazingly well done reproductions of Gustav Klimt in their opening made me very happy. Also I really think this show has a good ballance of drama, humor and action. You do get to see people cry, people act silly and people getting their limbs ripped off. Which to me are all entertaining things in their own way. I had no problem with the nudeness and the weird sexual tension. The boobs really didn't bother me considering most of my own art work is of naked figures, I thought it was a beautiful show.
I also really liked the music, and the story line and concept ...basically everything. I am an Elfen Lied fanatic sorta.

alucard6967
01-08-2008, 04:58 PM
It's got blood, guts, tits, and the detail in the gore is very strong, if you are mature enough to sit and realize that all of these things have a purpose in a sick twisted, yet remarkably beautiful story then i strongly suggest that you do watch it. It will leave you in suspense on every episode and it will break your heart and possibly make you wanna break a few bones, so if your into a good story with great artwork then it's a must see.

JenLonn
01-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Amazing anime. One of the first ones I ever watched, and although there is a lot of gore, I think that the storyline is worth the watch. Loved the music in this anime as well. Definitely a must-see in my opinion.

El-ahrairah
01-11-2008, 12:47 AM
If I hadn't watched the last couple of minutes of it, I would have argued that it was the best anime. I would strongly reccomend that you stop watching when the credits of the last episode come up.

Light Buster
01-11-2008, 12:52 AM
It's a really good anime and I think the graphics are great.
Though if you don't like blood (a lot of blood... and flying body parts) Elfen Lied is nothing for you. xD
But the story is great! I never thought something as bloody as that could have a good AND romantic story behind it.
I agree that the ending is a bit... eh.
Anyway, the anime is great and I don't think you'll regret watching it if you will or have.
Blood...that's all I can think of...of...it's coming back to me...F.E.A.R...that game...where you can...pretty much dismember every single replica soldier.

Also, was Lucy the one who got totally dismembered with like no arms and legs at all. Just the head...

unspun
01-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Elfen Lied, but it's pronounced "El-Fen Leed."

Anyway, I've seen it. I thought it was pretty good. It had its excessive amount of gore (which I like) and a story that touches on unfair treatment of a feared diclonius. It kind of has that Beauty & The Beast type of theme. Lucy was my favourite female Anime character for a long time.

Honestly this about sums it up. EL has been my favorite anime for a long time, as you can probably tell from my avatar and sig pic. IMHO one of the best short series to come out.

CapnJack
01-11-2008, 07:08 AM
...IMHO one of the best short series to come out.

what about FLCL? Drama and action rolled into 6 episodes. You cant beat that unless its a movie. XD

*is delirious from a fever*

unspun
01-11-2008, 08:03 AM
what about FLCL? Drama and action rolled into 6 episodes. You cant beat that unless its a movie. XD

*is delirious from a fever*

aww drink lots of water! and I haven't seen FLCL yet. :closedeye

Drunk_Squid
01-11-2008, 08:45 AM
I bought it, and watched the whole thing in 1 day. It's awesome.

GoddessDemonica
01-14-2008, 01:41 PM
it was one of the best anime i have ever seen. i love all the blood. haha they must have used a lot of the color red. ^^

MissChelly
01-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I liked it, definitely! I just wish the ending hadn't changed. :( But... it was still extremely good!

little_black_angel#666
01-14-2008, 02:33 PM
yup ;) Elfen Lied totally rocks,well it's a little bloody and sad anime and unfortunetly it's too short only 13 episodes but it's one of the best animes ever for me personally :)

GoddessDemonica
01-15-2008, 01:15 PM
i think lillium was a great song. i have it on my ipod. the intro of the show (opening) is cool. i think i read somewhere that it refers to the work of an artist.

sammit_01
01-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Give us a season 2 already!

they left the anime with so many questions!

It would of been fine if the manga was the same as the anime, personaly i think the anime was the best but they need to finish what they started!

I loved Elfen Lied, great story, and i think you will find anyone that watches it will end up with tears in there eyes on the last ep (ep13)

StabWound
01-20-2008, 07:59 PM
It actually wasn't gory, Just bloody. If you want gore then watch Apoclypse zero (goriest anime ever created), Violence Jack, Fist of the North Star, Devilman OVA, ect.

But Elfen Lied was decent, and honestly I would hate to see a second season, I think they ended it well and would hate to see a good series ruined by extending it too much to the point it gets repetitve. *cough* pokemon *cough*

lightyagami
01-21-2008, 01:07 AM
First off, its Elfen Lied.

Second, too much gore/nudity for my takes. I watched the edited version, but it still wasn't that good. Not really a deep plot. Just violence and nudity. But i do love a good cat fight :laugh:.

To the poster above: wtf do you mean its not gory? there was one scene where the bones, and ALL internal organs popped out of the girl when lucy killed her. It was freakin' sick.

StabWound
01-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Theres only 2 scenes in the entire series that come to mind as far as gore goes, thats hardly enough to consider it "extremely gory" for the most part it was just the generic head pops off bloods sprays everywhere kind of thing.

Famahama
01-21-2008, 01:40 AM
episode 1?
a huge massacre.

StabWound
01-21-2008, 02:06 AM
With only unrealistic amounts of blood spraying everywhere, no liver, lungs, slpeens, intestines ect.

Souji Seta
01-21-2008, 04:14 AM
Elfen Lied? Hmm, I think thats german for "Elven Song" although I ain't sure so don't hate me if I got that wrong anyway I haven't seen this anime yet. A friend of mine, who has a reputation of being a sadist, keeps on saying that this is a good anime to watch.
I'm not sure though since he is a sadist, it might not appeal to me.

Hey you guys!! Is this anime good? I want to know so I'll buy the dvd or just download them, I want to be sure before I take any action.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/12825447946962b312d.bmp (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=24676)

"I lead a life of a stray now, I won't go back to Chronos"
-Train Heartnet

Ikaruga
01-21-2008, 07:38 AM
i think lillium was a great song. i have it on my ipod. the intro of the show (opening) is cool. i think i read somewhere that it refers to the work of an artist.

Yes you're right, all the scenes was done in the stlye of Gustav Kilmt, the famous scene being The Kiss mimicked by Koata and the figure.

And Elfen Lied (Leed, not lied) is German for Elven Song.

It's a great anime, regardless of if you like gore or not.

sammit_01
01-26-2008, 12:48 AM
I think most of you don't realise this anmie is more then just the gore!

Elfen Lied is more of a emotional anime, i would have to say that 89% of people who watch it end up crying in it at one stage.

Another thing is the art work! its Awesome!!

Don't forget that the anime is different then the manga, It apears that lucy/nuyu doesn't die, like in the manga she dies by koutas hand, as Lucy made him promise that if she couldn't stop the need to kill he had to kill her, In the Manga she hands kouta a gun and he shoots her in the head, of course he still loved her. its quiet sad!

Anyway Elfen Lied is the best anime i have ever watched! Too bad there isnt a 2nd season yet thou. but i heard that they are working on it cause they changed the story! so fingures crossed!!

Famahama
01-26-2008, 01:00 AM
what?
what?
what?
what?

did...did you spoiled the ending?

Spoiler code the spoiler now! and yes, the artwork is amazing. I watched it in high quality and i was stunned by the beauty.

Ill just be waiting for the second season. Hopefully, it'll have a nice, non-gore ending.

btw, sammit_01,
wh-what happened to Nana? and the others?

Souji Seta
01-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Hmm, you guys didn't answer my question directly but I did read your posts. I gotta say that this anime sounds good, I'll consider buying it or just borrow from my sadist friend. Thanks mates!! I have another anime to look forward to.

I'll see if I will really cry watching this anime. hehe
And if it is really as good as you guys say, I'm sure that there might, no, there WILL be a season 2.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_128254479715f08cd23.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=24837)

"It might look like I'm doing nothing
but on a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy"

sammit_01
01-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Nana and the others Mmmmm you know im not to sure. i pretty much stopedt reading the manga after i found out it was different and the last sence where lucy dies.

the writer only changed the story cause he became really depressed and relised that it wasn't the ending he wanted for lucy, so thats why the anime is differen't! and a CRAP! load better!

ps, im sorry i don't know the spoiler code im all new to this.....

and its nice to know that there is someone else aggres with me on the 2nd season! [unlimited] !!!! <- MY HERO! MMmmmm to random lol

and there better be a season 2! (Chrono XIII) - Nice faith in the writers. lol

Aizmov
01-27-2008, 10:07 PM
I have seen this anime two years go. Pretty good anime and loads of blood flying around.

Same here :laugh:

-Hikari-
01-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Actually, it's spelled "Elfen Lied" lol. And it's one of the saddest animes I've ever watched X_X And it was really bloody too. Lots of arms and legs falling off, lol.

The Governator
01-28-2008, 02:26 AM
I watched one episode of it, then proceeded to purge my mind clean of it. It is the most messed up anime I've ever seen but if you like o.t.t. violence and nudity I heartly recomend Elfen Lied or however you spell the bloody name (no pun intended there). But if you want a story that has more depth then all I can say is you can do alot better than Elfen Lied.

sammit_01
01-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Just because it has violence and nudity in doesn't mean its a good story, and by the way if you don't like that sort of content why did you watch a [MA]Rated show.

Duhhh. MA rated shows have that content!

Not being mean or anything just wanted to state the obvious

Tenchu1973
01-30-2008, 03:32 AM
i LOVE that show even my darkest demon loves it don't ya Zenchu
Zenchu:.....meh its alright....

mythroch
02-03-2008, 05:26 AM
I admit that when was sat down a watched th first five minutes of the show i was ready to walk out but after i got past the gore it was a really interesting story....

..OK that was the hugest understatement i ever made. the whole thing was awesome.
and for all those complaining about the ending, if you can read the manga do so. I can't be certain, but i don't think it's who it's made out to be. but it makes a good setup for another story.

Drunk_Squid
02-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Wow you people base everything on how much blood and gore it has in it. I think it's nice for a change, I enjoy anime because it touches on subject matter that others are afraid to. Elfin Lied is a work of art.

TheCruelDolly
02-09-2008, 06:29 AM
I have seen it and i think its one of the anime that is really worth watching >.>
Though there is pretty much blood where it isnt needed.Anyway story is cute , and characters are painted&created well to. Soundtrack is one of the most beautyfull i ever heard ..This anime is full of right thoughts and all violence just help to unerstandhow cruel peoples can be.
One of the bests anime ever ^____^

Drunk_Squid
02-09-2008, 10:36 AM
I have seen it and i think its one of the anime that is really worth watching >.>
Though there is pretty much blood where it isnt needed.Anyway story is cute , and characters are painted&created well to. Soundtrack is one of the most beautyfull i ever heard ..This anime is full of right thoughts and all violence just help to unerstandhow cruel peoples can be.
One of the bests anime ever ^____^

Well said.

Brewmaster
02-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Well lets say like this: smash.bash.kill.slaughter and tear = allot of blood.In all of it allot of drama,love,courage and sadness.I may say a good combination.Sure watch it you wont regret it!^^

ZeianStar
02-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Elfin Lied has nudity in evey ep. One of my friends told me. I'll never watch it until 18+ I only stick to 16- Anime even that i'm 12.

Ramona Flowers
02-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Nudity. Little girls tearing everyones limbs off. I give it two thumbs up. Yet no sex in the whole thing. :\

Still <3 Elfen Lied though.

ZeianStar
02-10-2008, 12:06 PM
I''m only going to watch Elfin Lied when I'm 18

Souji Seta
02-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Wow you people base everything on how much blood and gore it has in it. I think it's nice for a change, I enjoy anime because it touches on subject matter that others are afraid to. Elfin Lied is a work of art.

Yup, gotta agree with you there, I just watched ep 1 today since my sadist friend only gave it to me this morning. Yeah, it's pretty unique and pretty good animation to boot, can't say anything about the story though since as I've said, I've only watched ep one.

sammit_01
02-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Omfg, Confirmed Elfen Lied Season 2 Anime!!!!

I Was Told In August It Will Be Released This Year!!!!!!!

Omg Can't Wait!!!!!

NovaStar
02-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Omfg, Confirmed Elfen Lied Season 2 Anime!!!!

I Was Told In August It Will Be Released This Year!!!!!!!

Omg Can't Wait!!!!!

This would make absolutely No sense, Elfen Lied ended With Lucy being killed and a cliffhanger ending There's absolutely No way that a second season can go on, without a completely new charactercast.

Drunk_Squid
02-15-2008, 05:53 PM
No matter, I am delighted at this news, hopefully it will be as good as the previous. Still it doesn't make much sense.

Inactive Account 0061
02-16-2008, 10:56 PM
man i LOVED!!! Elfen Lied... The anime was so good. yet so sad :')

(but i don't think it is a good idea to make a second season ????)

Souji Seta
02-17-2008, 04:26 AM
Really? I would think it is a good idea to make a second season because you see I have a japanese friend. He buys the manga of Elfen Lied (Of course in Japan) and I came across him last thursday. He saw the Elfen Lied DVDs that I borrowed from another friend and he said that the anime's storyline is not yet finished since he collects the manga, there's no reason not to believe him. He showed me an Elfen Lied manga in japanese way back.

And you know the ending does not clearly show that THAT happened (Just look at spoiler tag somewhere there and you'll know what "THAT" is). I don't really think so that IT did and who was that person that was on the door before the screen went blank and said "the end" in latin. This story still isn't finished.

The festival of blood, tears and suffering (as my sadist friend calls it, hey I didn't call it like that! I call it Art) is not yet over.

http://www.animeforum.com/image/128254479eff58894a9.bmp (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=25088)

Gin says Ikorose, Shinso
Buh bye

Inactive Account 0061
02-17-2008, 06:58 AM
i would also say the ending is very open. and a second season is possible to make. but still. why make more. the anime is already perfect :)

NovaStar
02-17-2008, 07:34 AM
Chrono: Advice: Edit Your Post, some people don't know the Ending and can be offended by the fact that you posted that

Lucy Dies

Souji Seta
02-20-2008, 07:24 AM
Well, I looked up the Elfen Lied Season 2 thing, sammit 01-san, I don't know where you got your information from. There are just rumors about the second season and I even found a petition for the animators to make a second season so as of now, there's no season 2 but probably in the future since Ken-kun, my japanese friend, said it's not yet over.

jakun_kenpachi
02-20-2008, 07:31 AM
I liked the anime but it kindof has too much nudity, and for me that ruins the story line, unless it is funny then it is ok, but sometimes it is not, oh and i read the manga i have never watched the anime yet.

jmm0070
02-26-2008, 11:00 AM
omg how would it be wrong to create a second season... the story is not even at the half of the real one and (spoiler if u haven't finished the series) lucy is not dead (up to now). The person waiting behind the door who got both horns ripped off is nyuu, symbolized by the musical box stopping and the clock beggining to work, and prooved by (MINOR SPOILERS WARNING) the manga, where lucy also looses both horns and then gets only to be nyuu without the possibility of turning back to lucy, until they grow back (SPOILERS END). Nyuu doesn't want to escape, just wants to return back to kouta, since she just acts as a little girl instead of a mature woman trying to cause no more trouble. The story must continue involving the whole diclonius lab detention and what happens with the world after this. For what I was told, the creator of the anime didn't try to get to the Manga's end thus delaying a second season that will probably differ from it is because (MAJOR SPOILERS WARNING) probably the creator of the anime didn't like the harsh ending where kouta doesnt forgive lucy and kills her, I didn't want to hear this lol :(

poison.ivy
02-27-2008, 04:19 AM
One word... BRUTAL!
That's all I have to say. Seen some on YouTube, planning to watch it. Seems great.

blueangel06661
02-27-2008, 02:10 PM
I first watched elfen lied when i was like 13 or 14.. I was like HOLY COW!! 0__0

I'm amazed I watched ALL of it. It's actually pretty good. Even if it has nudes, blood, gore, etc. It has some good parts also ^-^

sammit_01
02-27-2008, 04:39 PM
spoke to a guy who works in the anime bussines and he looked up the current projects open elfen lied season 2 is near competion :D

Spiffy!
02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
I've only checked out the first 3 or 4 episodes. Has some funny parts [ anyone who saw the scene between the cousins and the girl at the end of episode 1 HAD to have laughed XD ] and some bloody parts too! o.o I've seen my fair share of gore though, so I'll probably be able to handle the rest of the series. ^___^;;

Kobarokawa-San
03-18-2008, 12:56 PM
i just loved the story... Lucy is... i donīt know... amazing :)
itīs has blood, destroyed bodies, a lot of gore!!! but it also has a very deep plot with good characters and the story teach us a lot of things about humanity and the way we treat other. very recommended :D

ryku isaigana
03-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Elf-fin Leed---Elfin Lied

I've watched the whole series. It was really awesome, but some parts are "isn't that illegal?", but it's up for you to decide how it is.

I rated Elfin Lied an 8.5 out of 10

Souji Seta
03-20-2008, 10:00 PM
8.5 out of ten eh? well, I guess that is right. There's a lot of needless blood shown. Would killing 3 children be enough to cover an entire room in blood? I don't think so.

mia91
03-21-2008, 04:52 AM
it's one of my fav though the amount of blood i saw in it exceedes anything else but i still love it... and the whole story is simply amaising with all the things that happened and everyhting.... and it has funny parts too :P

EnneadNokonx
03-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Overwatch mentioned this to me (Elfin Lied, or is it Leid?) and I was wondering if anyone here has seen it and if you like it or not.

Thanks,
Drunk Squid
You can watch full episodes of this series on veoh.com, in just about whatever language you want.

The Monarch
03-25-2008, 11:38 PM
The Anime itself - was Genius! I never seen a Anime series this BRUTAL/Beautiful/Adorable at the same time! I was speechless over this magnificent story..

<_< Epic

Midnight Rambler
03-26-2008, 07:31 PM
I absolutely loved it. A Masterpiece, IMHO...