PDA

View Full Version : ever got caught in a down pour?

blueangel06661
09-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Okay. Well it rained today. and while leaving 1st pd. to go to 2ed pd. i had to walk outside to get to the class. and the minute i stepped out of the school it was puring down rain. not sprinkling. not a light rain. just plain out POURING! so by time i got to class i was completely soaked from head to toe. it looked like i just got out of a bath with my clothes on. then about 5 other kids came in soaked. then it stopped by time the rest of the kids made it. lame i know. My math book got wet [second year in a row] and my desk had a huge puddle on it from where i sat my bookbag down. so everyone was complaining about it. and the teacher said she was sorry she didnt have a walkway to her room, the school board said "oh they can just enter from the auditorium" but that day there was an assembly in there so we couldn't do that. and after i sorta dried off my hair got really frizzy and i couldn't fix it. so that was embarrassing.

then it poured again as i got off the bus. =\ i had rain issues today.. sorry. but i just had to tell =[

Drunk_Squid
09-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Someone will shortly be here to tell you your entire post belongs in a journal and this is illegal BBS activity.

blueangel06661
09-14-2007, 04:16 PM
wheres that.. and whats a BBS?

Drunk_Squid
09-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Bulletin Board System. It is the term I use to describe message boards, forums, ect. Either that or just forums.

Anywho, yeah the rain sucks. I wish there was a lot more of it where I lived however.

Capernicus
09-14-2007, 04:32 PM
It could be a journal entry, but it would also be a topic on sharing our crappy rain experiences.

When I visited my gf in Texas for the first time it would not stop pouring. So like...we had to stay inside for almost the entire time, couldn't even go to the hotel room I paid HUNDREDS of dollars for! We only spend 1 of the 3 nights I paid for. Rip off...stupid Texas weather...

Hitsugaya389
09-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Yes, I was outside with my Gym class( and a really hot guy!!!) for a fire drill and it started pouring!!! all the girls were screaming and stuff.The next day, we didn't have to dress for gym!!

overwatch
09-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Well none of you come from the UK then - rain is very common here and there has been many a time that I've been soaked in it,
One memorable time I was in a field on a Geography trip and we were coring the peat; so high up in the air we were driving a long metal rode into the ground and bringing it up again to get the peat - when what should happed but a little rain - nothing to worry about - until the thunder starts - now were in an open field all holding a long metal rod in a thunder storm . . . . we finished fast!

-Kitsune-
09-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Personally, I love getting cought in the rain. In fact sometimes when I rains, I go outside just for that to take a nice walk in the rain... while the neighbors give me strange looks ^.^

Hm.. as for bad experiences with rain, I can remember one that sucked pretty bad -.-
Me and 2 guys in my class were assigned to be the "Flag kids" No, not twirling the school color flags, but we had to get to school early to hoist the flag onto the poll, and take it down in the afternoon or whenever it rained. One day in science class, it started downpouring outside so I jumped up, grabbed my two friends/ flag kids and ran out the door. It was at about the end of winter so it was about 40-50 degrees outside... the rain was FREEZING and we had to go take down that damn flag so it wouldnt get wet -.- Not so bad, except the rope used to raise and lower it somehow got a huge knot in it, causing it to get stuck and making it impossible to lower the flag... so we had to stand out in the 40 degree rain, soaking wet, fumbling with a rope. Not to mention I was drenched and the guys kept staring at me instead of the rope (And I dont mean staring at my face... oh isnt it fun to be a girl? -.-) We got the flag down, and the wind blew it away across the street and it got stuck in a nearby tree >.>

TheREALNekoHime
09-14-2007, 04:52 PM
hmmm rain does suck.
too bad it doesnt rain down in tampa/st.pete.
it was so hot we got to go swimming. :D

Kawairashii hikari
09-14-2007, 04:58 PM
there was this one time when i was ten i think and my and my cousins were visiting like all of the museums and the monument just for the heck of it, (we live so close to DC its like we've been there a hundred times) but, when we were going to go visit the monument it started pouring down raining! it was horrible, we were wearing shorts and everything and the rain was like bullets hitting upon our skin! I mean they really hurt! It was just so unexpected, it was all bright sunny and hot then all of a sudden gray clouds roll in and it starts a down pour...

Eris
09-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Someone will shortly be here to tell you your entire post belongs in a journal and this is illegal BBS activity.

Well, someone is here already to tell you not to backseat moderate. I know, that is backseat moderating in itself, but I acknowledge that I'm hypocritical, so that doesn't bite on me.

Ranshiin
09-14-2007, 05:50 PM
If I recall, it began raining over here in late February and didn't stop until early June.

Constant rain for that period of time - and at one point it was that bad, my village was flooded, and I was forced to walk through the best part of four inches of standing water for an hour to get home, because the buses wouldn't drive down the street.

Compared to that, getting wet in the schoolyard is a case of a light drizzle. Accursed British weather.

edit - Amen, Eris.

Drunk_Squid
09-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Well, someone is here already to tell you not to backseat moderate. I know, that is backseat moderating in itself, but I acknowledge that I'm hypocritical, so that doesn't bite on me.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be serious or anything.

Gizoku
09-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Lol hahah. The same thing happened to me. Unfortounatly it was monsoon season here in sunny Arizona, and it had rained for the past three days. So for my first hour class I have to go to the portables for Japanese II, so I walked there without any problem, but around, oh, the middle of the class period it started raining like no tomorrow. Long story short, my friends and I ran through every puddle and arrived in chemistry soaking wet...we smelled bad xD

Sagat
09-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Yes actually, today in fact. My stupid cat chewed through my stupid Wii sensor bar so I went to stupid Pembroke to buy a new one. Stupid Walmart, stupid Zellers and stupid Staples (I was desperate) had nothing, but fortunately the usually stupid The Source store actually had a third party wireless sensor which I bought, and now I am enjoying Metroid Prime 3 to the fullest.

However running from my car into the various stores was not fun. 10 seconds is all it took for me to be drenched.

OminousCloud
09-14-2007, 11:10 PM
I always get caught in the rain but I don't really care, it's just water and eventually I'll dry off. It hailed yesterday which was pretty awesome ^_^

Twig Ee
09-14-2007, 11:14 PM
I love the rain, it cheers me up:) That stinx though atleast your shcool isnt like an oven in the summer

Mittens
09-14-2007, 11:17 PM
When in London, it rained nearly every single day I was there. I was trying to find my friend's flat in the pouring rain... the directions were getting all blurry... t'was not easy.

But honestly, I didn't mind the actual rain. It never rains where I live.

XO

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-14-2007, 11:24 PM
It doesn't rain in Florida. Rain is a word that makes you think of pleasant showers. We don't have those. We have torrential apocalyptic downpours. If you leave cover even for a second, you are soaked. We have these nearly everyday during the summer. Whoever called this the sunshine state was on acid.

Mittens
09-14-2007, 11:31 PM
It doesn't rain in Florida. Rain is a word that makes you think of pleasant showers. We don't have those. We have torrential apocalyptic downpours. If you leave cover even for a second, you are soaked. We have these nearly everyday during the summer. Whoever called this the sunshine state was on acid.
So true.
I experienced this while staying with my grandmother over the summer a few years ago... first time I'd ever been to Florida. Every single day, in the afternoon, without fail, it would monsoon. Not just rain, no, it would come down in buckets. XD

____
09-14-2007, 11:32 PM
I've been rained on a lot. One of the worst ones was when I went on vacation in the summer (in a tropical country). I was walking through this open area at a market and the sky just tore open and rain came pouring down. There wasn't a warning of a few sprinkles here and there either. O_o It lasted for a couple hours or so...

Ranshiin
09-15-2007, 07:16 AM
It doesn't rain in Florida. Rain is a word that makes you think of pleasant showers. We don't have those. We have torrential apocalyptic downpours. If you leave cover even for a second, you are soaked. We have these nearly everyday during the summer. Whoever called this the sunshine state was on acid.And I thought Britain's legacy of 'all four seasons in one day' was harsh. o_o

_CTA_
09-15-2007, 08:31 AM
It happened to me lot of times. It pisses me off big time! I kept on being sick because of it.

Drunk_Squid
09-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Yes actually, today in fact. My stupid cat chewed through my stupid Wii sensor bar so I went to stupid Pembroke to buy a new one. Stupid Walmart, stupid Zellers and stupid Staples (I was desperate) had nothing, but fortunately the usually stupid The Source store actually had a third party wireless sensor which I bought, and now I am enjoying Metroid Prime 3 to the fullest.

However running from my car into the various stores was not fun. 10 seconds is all it took for me to be drenched.

Dude that sucks. My cat chewed through the cord for my Super Nintendo Entertainment System once.

plucky
09-15-2007, 08:47 AM

LOL! Yep, that sounds about right.
What part of Florida, I wonder?

plucky
09-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I actually love getting caught in the rain, and I go out of my way to puddle jump/stomp and get as wet as I can most of the time. I think it's fun :\

I am your stalker
09-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Okay. Well it rained today. and while leaving 1st pd. to go to 2ed pd. i had to walk outside to get to the class. and the minute i stepped out of the school it was puring down rain. not sprinkling. not a light rain. just plain out POURING! so by time i got to class i was completely soaked from head to toe. it looked like i just got out of a bath with my clothes on. then about 5 other kids came in soaked. then it stopped by time the rest of the kids made it. lame i know. My math book got wet [second year in a row] and my desk had a huge puddle on it from where i sat my bookbag down. so everyone was complaining about it. and the teacher said she was sorry she didnt have a walkway to her room, the school board said "oh they can just enter from the auditorium" but that day there was an assembly in there so we couldn't do that. and after i sorta dried off my hair got really frizzy and i couldn't fix it. so that was embarrassing.

then it poured again as i got off the bus. =\ i had rain issues today.. sorry. but i just had to tell =[

I know what is like to get stuck in the rain...but I love the rain when it starts to rain I stand there and take it all in it is a good thing, yes it is not cool when you get soaked but all I can say is...ok well I don't know what to say I never got stuck in the rain at school!! sorry!!

*Lady_Kikyo*
09-15-2007, 03:28 PM
omg yes..i was driving on the freeway going to the east side of town. it was raining moderately..but just like.in the blink of an eye..the wind just started going nuts and rain fell on like a thick blanket. tires squeeling..red foggy lights everywhere bearly visible through the rain..it went on for like 10min..the freeway was at a stand still..it sucked..

♥Maiden.Cookie♥
09-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Actully rain is considered nice in Pakistan! ^_^,it rains very rarely so its good if it happens but sometimes is can be annoying.Like this time:

I was walking with the class to the assembly area and it was winter and suddnely it starts raining heavily and I was the second last in the line and all of the students started rushing to their classes as if something bad was happeining which can kill them -_-!! and this huge girl pushed the people behind her and all of the people fell on me and I fell on the person behind me! I wonder how did the last person in the line survived all the weight when I felt like I was being crushed! and yeah in the end soaking wet to the class! ^^''

███
09-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Sucks to be the kids that missed out getting soaked in the rain, nothing as refreshing as a shower half way through your day.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-15-2007, 10:06 PM
LOL! Yep, that sounds about right.
What part of Florida, I wonder?

Orlando-ish.

I<3ShellShock
09-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Yes, many times.I have to rush inside like an animal. c_c

Lunafreya Fleuret
09-15-2007, 10:44 PM

IMO - Wrong.

And however, yes, I have been caught in a downpoor.. Agh. I got sick for a week because of it.

Konata Izumi
09-15-2007, 11:50 PM
It was at school sport this Friday right after it stopped hailing the bell rang and I had to go rush for the train. My umbrella broke that day too, crappy quality. >>;

Nausicaa
09-17-2007, 01:11 PM
[quote=Kitsune~girl;1846542]Personally, I love getting cought in the rain. In fact sometimes when I rains, I go outside just for that to take a nice walk in the rain... while the neighbors give me strange looks ^.^

I would have to say that I do the exact same thing. I love the rain, but I like it more when it is really cold out, and then it rains. The only bad thing that happened to me when I got caught in the rain, was that my homework got wet.

Jagan Eye
09-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Bangladesh this summer.
We were going to my uncle's and downpour. It was monsoon season then and it just started raining. We didn't own a car. The "methods of transportation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_rickshaw)"/"other method (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricksha)". Refused to take us. So we were out searching for method 1 for about an hour with no where to go.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Hmm Let's see. It always rains in our country ...well, almost all the time. I don't get soaked much, since somebody always have an umbrella to share with me.

Beast
09-17-2007, 07:19 PM
I always get caught in a down pour, get soaked to the bone. NOT complaining at all. Only thing I don't like is when I arrive home wet, and my room smells like wet dog. I kid you not, it happens when I get out of the shower too.

Zedekiah
09-18-2007, 01:39 AM
You see, Bergen is, after one tiny place on
Hawaii, the most rainy place on the planet.
We have rain 230 days per year, sun 21 days,
the rest is...greyish..

Caught in a downpour is pretty much the story of my life.

SexyLilSeaOtter
09-18-2007, 04:04 AM
Im from Seattle. . . oddly enough it has rained much lately but i absolutely enjoy they rain, probably has something to do with my absolute hate for the heat. So im basicly praying for a rain downpoor soon so that i can be stuck in it =(
plus rain+light pickup truck = slick roads that are fun to fishtail on