PDA

View Full Version : hey there

hammond84
09-13-2007, 07:10 PM
I joined here a long time ago, sorry I haven't really posted anything prolific before :O

Let me tell you abit about myself first, I'm doing a sound engineering degree in leeds in the UK and am very interested in anime. I am about to start my third year in uni and I have chosen for my major project during the year to put sound to different scenes of anime. This means recording the vocal tracks, putting both synthetic and modulated real sound effects to it and putting a music score to it too with both real and synthetic instruments.

So I have to choose a variety of scenes which display these technical skills.

please see post my post below for scene selection

P.S I'm sorry if it seems cheeky having posted so little before this :\

SauSau
09-13-2007, 10:54 PM
wow!... you are awesome....
im not sure about what are you talking about....
but i guess all anime have joy, acceptance, fear, suprise , sadness,disgust,anger, anticipation emotions

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i96/emosausen17/Insoyams.gif

Shirai Ryu Scorpion
09-14-2007, 12:01 AM
So to me, your making a magna or a anime series. All though I may be wrong, oh sorry for being rude, let me intoduce my self. I am Scorpion, welcome to Anime Forumes yet again. Hm..for the question about emotions I am not sure.

OminousCloud
09-14-2007, 07:02 AM
You could knock all those out within the last episode of Fruits Basket. But if you wanted one scene for each emotion you're better off looking at humorous anime for joy, acceptance and suprise, something like Love Hina/ Fruits Basket/ Cardcaptors...

And more serious anime for fear, sadness, disgust, anger, anticipation like Elfen Lied, Hellsing...

Naruto and Bleach would probably have scense for all as well.

overwatch
09-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Depends how long you want the scene to be - some TV series - especially the lighter humerous ones might only have short scenes which deal directly with the emotion whilst more serious animes while also having those scenes might drag them out longer for effect. You could also look at some films - Ghibli come to mimd - especailly for more invlovled scenes

hammond84
09-14-2007, 01:39 PM
thankyou all for the warm welcome, I'm not so sure about basing scenes on emotions anymore, I had another long think about it last night and it just doesn't quite fit, I still would like to do a variety of contrasting scenes though.

You could knock all those out within the last episode of Fruits Basket

fruits basket is still one of my favourite animes, too bad there was or will never be a second series :\ I read the manga to make up for it.

I was thinking about using a couple of scenes from fruits basket, *spoiler warning* (do you guys do that here:D?) The one in the beginning where you see her emerge from her tent and walk through the forest, this one because I can get a good variety of sound effects in here, plus mainly soft (real) string instrument and piano music in the background. The second I was gonna use was at the end where kyo turns back into a human, I can get some nice synthetic sounds in there (thunder and rain) and vocal acting. So theres two contrasting scenes right there, although both quite slow pace.

I've been watching samurai X OVA's lately (sorry for using the english name XD) and I definately want to put the sound to one of the fighting scenes.

those are the only scenes I have confirmed so far though, I have to do around 20 minutes worth of scenes and I wanted the scenes that I do to be contrasting to each other, so any suggestions would be great. I'm thinking about doing a scene from death note too, just not sure which one yet.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, I will start posting here more often, though I will have to get used to the site, its quite different to the other forums I post on :O

hammond84
09-23-2007, 09:12 AM
so, if you could, would you please choose your favourite scenes which incorporate these words or that give off the same kind of feeling from any anime:

scene 1: summer breeze, colourful, nature (possibly),bird songs, relaxing, happy

scene 2: futuristic battle, lasers, non realistic weapons, fast paced, rage

scene 3: same as scene 2 but feudal era

scene 4: snow, winter, solemn, sadness, (possible rain), remorse, etc

scene 5: desire, spring(possibly or same feeling), falling in love, flowers?, many colours, etc.

scene 6: fear, running away, possibly night, fast paced music, rapid.

I would grately appreciate your help, thankyou for your time :)

overwatch
09-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Ok - someone will hopefully have a better memory of wolf's rain than me and be able to site episodesbut I think for scene 4 and scene 1 there are some good secence in it (for summer I am thinking of the episode with the cat lady - if anyone can post the episode and I think the best snow scenes are in the first episode - though I am less sure about this - - I am thinking of the scene from my sig)

Kawairashii hikari
09-23-2007, 05:05 PM
helloz ^_^ welcum to AF! if u need a friend pm me whenever

ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood
09-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Hello, hope you have fun more here..
cya around!
~Chicx
<3

LiLi.
09-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Hey! Welcome to the forums. Hope you have fun here and enjoy your stay. Also remember to follow the rules at all times and stay active. Need Help? Want Friend? Feel free to pm

hammond84
09-24-2007, 10:27 AM
:) I think I'm gonna watch alot of anime tonight trying to find these scenes, thankyou for the welcome, again any suggestions please. Oh and P.S can I change my username?

Gaararocks1000x
09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
you'd make a good "sound"ninja sorry couldn't resist bad joke i know.hmmm anger/any time sasuke thinks about his brother itachi.joy/when naruto thinks about being hokage.fear when kakashi got on to sakura,sasuke,and naruto fo disobeying him.sadness when sasuke left sakura and naruto to join orochimaru.

zyronet
09-25-2007, 07:04 AM
:) I think I'm gonna watch alot of anime tonight trying to find these scenes, thankyou for the welcome, again any suggestions please. Oh and P.S can I change my username?

Yes, you can. [saw it in the vbplaza??] I think you need enough points to be able to change it. Better ask a moderator or look into the forum that answer questions about it for further informations. n__n

But back to your favor or request..
Wait.. Do we need to give an anime show with those scenes? I would help if i can, though i need more explanation please. Anyways.. :welcome: to AF! And Enjoy..