PDA

View Full Version : Abingdon Boys School

Gjallarhorn
09-08-2007, 03:57 PM
I figure a few people here have heard of ABS. They are one of favorite bands in terms of sound, and their lyrics have been getting better and better with each new single. They have only seven songs out (three of which are singles): "Nephilim", "Lost Reason", "Stay Away", Innocent Sorrow", "Fre@k $HoW", "Howling" and "Nervous Breakdown". Their first album is due in mid-October; I believe the date was the 16th or 17th, but I'll have to check on that.

They are fronted by Takanori Nishikawa, better known as T.M. Revolution. Anyone who has listened to him knows he has powerful vocals, and I think ABS does him a lot of justice, since a lot of his solo work was glittered-up and he showcased himself as being very effeminate. Also in the band are Toshiyuki Kishi, who does keyboard and scratching, as well as programming, Hiroshi Shibasaki on the electric guitar, and "SUNAO", who also plays guitar. There are also two other less "official" members, Kozy Hasegawa who does the drums, and "Ikuo", who provides the bass.

They have also provided two of their songs for use in anime series, which I'm sure is how some of you first heard of them: "Innocent Sorrow" for D.Grayman, and "Howling" for Darker Than Black.

My favorite songs by them are "Fre@k $HoW", "Howling" and "Nervous Breakdown", and I love their PVs for "Innocent Sorrow" and "Nephilim".

Souhi
09-08-2007, 04:23 PM
I hope someone else has heard of them..

I swear you're the only other person I've seen post them in SoTM before besides myself. Very good band, and I was happy to hear that Takanori does rock music vocals so well. Innocent Sorrow was good, Howling was very good. Nervous Breakdown had this really catchy intro to it..

The last few I've yet to hear, but I'll look into it now. Fingers crossed on the album.

FarEastStyle
09-09-2007, 12:48 AM
OOooo, I love a.b.s.
I really like all 3 PVs. My favorite songs has to be, LOST REASON, Nephilim and HOWLING.

Interpreter
09-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Gosh, surely they have been heard!

I love Innocent Sorrow. Wonderful song! ^^

Masali
09-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I was very unimpressed with "Howling". Everything else was pretty solid. "Innocent Sorrow" Is the one I'm liking the most.

Crippe
09-10-2007, 05:41 AM
oh ABS is so awsome. I love Howling, I listen to that song everyday XD

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
09-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Well... it's quite obvious that I love T.M.R, so I love ABS by default X3! When I heard that Takanori was going to form a band, I wasn't too happy. However, once I heard their music, I was blown away. My favorite song by them currently is "Fre@k Show" but "Howling" is good too ^^!

Gjallarhorn
10-18-2007, 07:31 PM
So, their first album came out anyway. Anybody heard it yet? I just popped it in myself, currently on track 2, "HOWLING -INCH UP-". The CD includes:

1. As One
2. HOWLING -INCH UP-
3. Via Dolorosa
4. INNOCENT SORROW
5. DOWN TO YOU
6. アテナ (it means "Athena")
7. Stay Away
8. Nephilim
9. LOST REASON (ft. Micro of Home Made KAZOKU)
10. DESIRE
11. ドレス ("Dress"...a cover of a song from another band)
12. ReBirth+ReVerse

This new version of "HOWLING" sounds very similar to the original, with only a few slight changes.
"Via Dolorosa" has an interesting sound to it...
New version of "LOST REASON" is awesome.
"ReBirth+ReVerse" is the crown jewel of this album...just..wow...

FarEastStyle
10-18-2007, 09:58 PM
I've listen to the whole album, it's really a great album. I like "As One" a lot, but I just love "ReBirth+ReVerse". The new version of "LOST REASON" is so cool.
Plus just thought I mention they have a new single coming out in Dec. called Blade Chord.

10-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah. I just got it o.o. I'm so happy X3! I'm just loving it right now! But the song that I really like is "Athena". I don't know why o.o. It's just ever so catchy X3! "Via Dolarosa" is pretty good too and it really reminds me of T.M.Revolution's old roots X3! I also loved their BUCK-TICK cover.

I love how Micro was featured in one of the songs X3! *Is an HMK fan*

Kuchiyose Mizu
10-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Waah! ABS is awesome! Waa, lucky, you all heard their album already? Based from your comments, I will love them MORE after I hear it..urgh..i wish i can hear the songs NOW..

Souhi
10-20-2007, 08:37 AM
After seeing everyone's comments, I had to check it out, so I looped the album all last night. I'm very satisfied, and actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

My favorites are Via Dolorosa (beautiful song), and I absolutely loved "Down to You". Just found it to be really catchy.

Collaboration with Micro kind of threw me off xD Thought I had an HMK song thrown into the album.

Kuchiyose Mizu
10-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Guys!! I just heard the ALBUM!!! Waah, listening to it made my day! Down to You is indeed awesome! Waah, most of the songs are not new, but who cares! I love them!!! We love them!!

sa5m
10-20-2007, 01:24 PM
I loooove ABS... Especially "Innocent Sorrow" and "Howling". Their name and visual kei style are so appealing.

Kuchiyose Mizu
10-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Yup!! INNOCENT SORROW and HOWLING rockz!!!! never thought of them as visual kei, though:unsure:..

10-20-2007, 04:31 PM
ABS is not visual-kei o_o. Where'd you get that idea?

Kuchiyose Mizu
10-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Yup, they are not visual kei..and TMR looks awesome already without make-up..hehe

*sings INNOCENT SORROW*;)

Interpreter
10-21-2007, 04:10 AM
Now that I've heard Howling, I must say it's good too.

10-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Yup, they are not visual kei..and TMR looks awesome already without make-up..hehe

*sings INNOCENT SORROW*;)

Oh but I ever do miss his make-up >_<. I mean, the Albireo costume and make-up was just astounding. You have to admit, Takanori had some pretty kick ars outfits.

Riina-chan
10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Yes I like ABS... ^^ I have their album... :P My favorite songs are Howling and Lost Reason... Oh I can't belive that they really are about 30 year old... ^^;

Thingle
10-22-2007, 11:01 PM
they were the band I waited for during the live earth stream, not linkin park

Jose
11-02-2007, 08:10 PM
my fav pv is lost reason

Kuchiyose Mizu
11-03-2007, 05:16 AM
I love their Innocent Sorrow PV

Gjallarhorn
12-10-2007, 10:59 AM
I finally saw the PV for their new song, "Blade Chord". The song's not bad, but it sounds sort of like Takanori's solo career as opposed to Abingdon Boys School. And the constant slow-motion of the video itself is a bit annoying...

MissChelly
01-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm not really into much J-music (?) but that one song Nephilim is great, I love that song!