PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie

-Batman-
09-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Kay, just saw his version of Halloween the other night.
So now i'm curious.

What is everyones opinion on Rob Zombie as a song writer? Because God knows he can't write a movie script very well, and his fame must come from SOMEWHERE, right?

I personally have no opinion on Rob Zombie as a songwriter, for I have barely heard any of his songs outside of Dragula (Because it has, at some point, been in every video game, TV show, and movie since the song was made)
So is any of his music worth investing my (not) valuable time? Grant it i've probably heard a good portion of his music in movies anyway, I'm probably just not awair of it =/

niKopol
09-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Depends on what music you like. I mean just because the Mona Lisa is famous doesn't mean everyone will like it. My best advice is to check out some of his music on myspace.... never mind theres only two songs on there dragula being one of them. Search for either Rob Zombie or White Zombie in the search thingy on Youtube, first couple are dragula.. go figure.

I grew up listening to his music. I think he is great. Better than some of what I've heard coming from newer bands.

Capernicus
09-06-2007, 03:28 AM
Oh. I only know one song of his, and it's....oh god....I can't rememer what it's called! ;__; Maybe I don't like him so much.

Masali
09-06-2007, 09:18 PM
He's alright. His song writing is worlds better than his screenplay and scriptwriting. It's good if you like really heavy, industrial, guttural music. Like I said, it's not like "OMG BEST EVER" it's "Hey this is pretty nifty. I like it"

Guerrera
09-06-2007, 09:35 PM
So is any of his music worth investing my (not) valuable time?

Not really.

I admit I had my fun with Dragula, Feel so numb, and Never Gonna Stop, but those songs probably make more sense if you're angry or drunk.

Zantetsuken
09-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I think he does alright music and ok movies. Though he does exceed as a director in the adult film industry. Weird.

Knightmare
09-06-2007, 10:16 PM
He's fairly good but not great I liked "Living dead girl"
"Superbeast" and "Dragula" the most.

JuicedUp
09-07-2007, 07:36 AM
I haven't heard of Rob Zombie until last night, and that was because of Black Lagoon. Revy was jamming to it on headphones while she was shooting the crap out of people on an enemy gunship at the same time.

And then I saw this thread the next morning. What a stroke of luck. ._. I guess he's an alright artist, then?

~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~
09-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Hmm, hard one to judge really because nobody can say for sure whether a person is going to like a specific band or artist. I got into Rob Zombie when I heard "Dragula" on the matrix movie quite honestly and also when I heard "Feel So Numb" it was an awesome song. I can't say I've seen his films though but they've apparently had mixed reviews anyway. If there was one album I'd have to say which is his best though, it would have to be "The Sinister Urge". I personally say I like quite a bit of his music though but maybe that's just me and that's fair enough... everyone has different tastes. But, as to whether any of his music is worth listening to ... only you can judge that for yourself.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Zombie is Alright. I think I prefer White to Rob though. More Human than Human and Thunder Kiss '65 are hard cards to trump.

threekings
09-29-2007, 02:23 AM
He's alright. Not all that bad but I wouldn't praise him or anything. None the less I give him props.

DarkSword
10-08-2007, 05:19 PM
try listening to Superbeast and Let IT All Bleed Out - both by rob zombie..
i'm sure you like it

Yugure's Goddess
12-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Zombie is Alright. I think I prefer White to Rob though. More Human than Human and Thunder Kiss '65 are hard cards to trump.
yeah! *holds hand up for high five...thinks about it for a moment...puts hand back down* Never mind. I wasn't thinking about who I was offering a high-five to.

White Zombie was the very first heavy metal I ever fell in love with. I can remember jammin' out to it with my mom when I was like 3, and More Human Than Human was my favorite song for years. I've always had a bit of soft spot for the band. I will say that at the least the music is quite original. Zombie has an obsession with horror movies so in pretty much every song he finds a way to incorporate sounds from different horror films, old horror films. I don't know of any other artist who does that. I used to be in love with the band but umm... I think my obsession of them has waned a bit, to be replaced by Joe Satriani, Red Hot Chili Peppers and a few others but I still like them quite a bit and every now and again I like to jam out to Electric Head Part 1. I don't know why but I still really like that song.

mmm... but really it's up to though I will stress that the original White Zombie is MUCH better than Rob Zombie. Well, in my opinion anyway. I think Rob's music has gotten kind of lame and every new album feels like he's just trying too hard and it doesn't really do much for me.

They're worth a listen but I can't guarantee you'll like him.

love
dani
dude

MissChelly
01-14-2008, 12:47 PM

Oh yeah, I definitely agree!

Buuut... I still do enjoy Rob Zombie's music. Really, any of his music I could listen to during a long road trip.