PDA

View Full Version : D. Gray Man

The Castle
08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I dunno, it's just some random anime I found. Anybody watches this anime?

niKopol
08-27-2007, 03:12 PM
I've seen the first 15 or so episodes back in february, when it aired in Japan. But where I was nowhere for the past six months (Augusta, Georgia) I lost all desire to watch that anime anymore. What originally hooked me was the first episode because the story to it was just so awesome, then it just goes on like a regular boring anime in most of the episodes. The humor in it was good.

The Castle
08-27-2007, 03:53 PM
That anime has a ton of fillers, so I think that's why you thought it was boring I guess.

niKopol
08-27-2007, 03:57 PM
It wasn't too boring it just seemed to drift away from the plot. And there were very few episodes like the first one.

Rem
08-27-2007, 09:17 PM
I really liked the manga, well I really liked the art of it. It's a pretty typical shonen action series, but come on the earl is awesome.

Lefty
08-29-2007, 07:32 PM
The manga is soooooooooooooooooo much better then the anime... It actually has a good story... right now in the anime all there is is fillers and its sooo boring....

Katsu
08-29-2007, 07:55 PM
^ what she said, but I have yet to read the manga, since I only just got into D.Grey-man. I'm only on episode 20ish.

Lavi/Ravi = <3

Trina
09-13-2007, 08:53 AM
D.gray-man is a nice anime. This show rox!

red_sky300
10-18-2007, 04:37 AM
i thnk its kinda gothic but comedy also .....specialy wid lenalee's obsesive brother in it
im cureently on epi- 24 ithnk ..watch them on tv-links.co.uk for free it where i watch everything no no more tv for me ^^ they take a iwle to load d.grayman epis though

blackrosetwilight
11-02-2007, 07:16 PM
its ok but the main character just too nice

nikoko-nozomu
11-02-2007, 08:16 PM
I think it's pretty good, personally. My nephew intially got me interested, and I've been following the anime ever since. I've thought about investing in the manga, but I don't really have the time to read volumes of anything right now. (Too many papers to write!) >:\

Stryyder
11-02-2007, 08:41 PM
I saw episode one and am waiting for it to be dubbed and imported. I just picked up the newly released vol 7 of the manga but haven't had a chance to read yet. Very fun read, if you get a chance.

Kagome
11-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Read the manga-own about 50 some odd episodes of the imported anime. (because it hasn't come out dubbed yet, not that I would get it dubbed...like at ALL.) It's a very interesting storyline...So far from what I've seen of the anime the beginning ties in with the manga almost seamlessly...After Miranda comes in though-it seems to be a lotta junky fillers...

dollmage
11-22-2007, 04:30 AM
i never watched english dubbed!!! i rather read the sub's =) yeah D. Gray Man is a decent anime i would say its unique...., but Hell Teacher Nube beat him to that arm thing of his already =) (yeah yeah inocesene)

Shadsie
11-23-2007, 12:03 PM
I love D.Gray-man to death. It's got some typical aspects of a shonen action manga, but the main character isn't typical for the genre--I love that he's not so tough guy-ish and not only grows stronger physically, but emotionally and mentally as well (like Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist). I love the comedy as well. As others have said, the manga is much better than the anime, but the anime itself isn't that bad. Some of the fillers are a bit tedious, but there are some that are really good as well. The episodes that are manga-based are usually excellent.