PDA

View Full Version : Its Football Season!! Who do you cheer for?

*Lady_Kikyo*
08-26-2007, 01:40 PM
okay its that time of year again..its the Football season. So with that said I was wanting to know..who do you go for, up in the stands or sitting at home?? Are you an AFC fan for NFC?, and which team is youre favorite?

As for me..my team is the Dallas Cowboys, i was raised on that team, lol but the its emberassing to say..i dont know if they are AFC or NFC..lmao..either way thats my answer.

Masali
08-26-2007, 01:54 PM
E
A
G
L
E
S

EAGLES!!!!

Let's see how bad we can piss off philly this year boys! I swear, we always make the championship (even made the super bowl!) and then we do something really STUPID to eff ourself.

I really know nothing of football. Like players, stats, trades, the two different leagues and all that junk. All I know about the eagles and football is Donovan McNabb is the QB, David Akers is the Kicker, and Micheal Vick from whatever team is a douchebag.

Queen Dopplepopolis!
08-26-2007, 01:58 PM
jaguars!
we suck, i know.
but it's my home team.

and if we have season tickets, well, i have to cheer for them.

Ari_86
08-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Steelers baby!! All the way!

Eris
08-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Lawnmowers.

Twig Ee
08-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Giants and Colts

Eris
08-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Is there some sort of system to these team names, or are they just random objects?

Masali
08-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Is there some sort of system to these team names, or are they just random objects?

Often times they pertain to the history of a specific city, other times...not so much. Philadelphia really isn't very renowned for its large eagle population. But San Fransisco 49'ers obviously references the gold rush to the west. The Steelers are named as such because Pittsburgh's famous for how much steel it manufactures, always has been. Dallas Cowboys...kind of self explanatory. New York Giants, probably named for the giant ego every new yorker has.

Although I do like the idea of Lawnmowers. That could be Montana's football team, since I don't think there's much else there besides Grass.

Princess Minako
08-26-2007, 04:54 PM
OK smartypants... Detroit Lions... Cause we have so many large cats running around the Ghetto?

GGP
08-26-2007, 04:54 PM
New England Patriots

their name makes sense

Masali
08-26-2007, 05:13 PM
OK smartypants... Detroit Lions... Cause we have so many large cats running around the Ghetto?

Uh...

Often times they pertain to the history of a specific city, other times...not so much. Philadelphia really isn't very renowned for its large eagle population.

Buruku
08-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Well, even though I don't really watch Football, I'm often surrounded by people who love it and so I occasionally get into the spirit. (if our teams doing good)

But when I say "get into the spirit" that usually means hanging around the cheesy dip and other party foods. Or sneaking drinks out of the "adult cooler" lol!

oh yeah, go Denver Broncos, the best of the west.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
08-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Even though I HATE Football...I have to root fr Detriot Lions...mainly because I livein Michigan...and was in Detriot today.

spectracidex
08-26-2007, 08:45 PM
I was Born in New England

the New England Patriots

Rem
08-26-2007, 08:46 PM
The devilbats, I think they may go all the way to the christmas bowl this year!

Vasarian
08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
I can' t say that I cheer for a particular team, but I really like the Colts... mostly because of Manning.

Wio
08-27-2007, 12:30 AM
I could survive if sports didn't exist. Why can't good games like 'dodge ball' 'prison break', and 'capture the flag' be more popular? Christ, footbal and soccer have about a million fricken rules and penalties. Get a less confusing game please.

Rem
08-27-2007, 10:27 AM
footbal and soccer have about a million fricken rules and penalties. Get a less confusing game please.
They are seriously not hard games to grasp.

GGP
08-27-2007, 05:00 PM
I was Born in New England

the New England Patriots

yeah, new england all the way!

Chris-san
08-27-2007, 05:05 PM
DENVEEEEEEEEEEER! Actually, Denver has been my dad's team since forever, and since he got me into football I kind of just adopted liking them from him. Us getting beat by the Cowboys a few weeks ago was the most disappointing thing I've ever felt in my few years of actually liking football...I had to stop watching because it was so embarassing.

Ironically, I live in Atlanta, Texas and have only been to Denver twice. My dad used to live there, hence why he's such a big fan and how he got me into being such a fan. I hate the Dallas Cowboys...friggin' redneck team. -_-

The Castle
08-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Funny, I live near a city with the worst football team. it starts with an L

spectracidex
08-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Funny how the city with the worst football team is probably gonna be good next year

The Castle
08-27-2007, 06:05 PM
How come the Lions are going to be good next year?

Fionn Mac
08-27-2007, 06:56 PM
jaguars!
we suck, i know.
but it's my home team.

and if we have season tickets, well, i have to cheer for them.

Gah, the Jaguars don't suck. So they missed the playoffs last year, have no real QB, a rather depressing passing game and one of the lower attendance rates in the NFL.
Still, they have a top 5 defense, a solid running game with Fragile Fred and MJD and are apparently looking rather fluid offensively so far (with the exception of last week)
Go Jags!

bakakame
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Funny, I live near a city with the worst football team. it starts with an L

I didn't know Oakland started with an "L" (sorry Raiders fans, but come on you already knew that)

I'm from the 'burgh, and mah team is the PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!

Here's hoping for a better season than '06, and of course a 6th ring!

Missy
08-28-2007, 03:53 AM
I'd have to cheer for my Seahawks ^_^

shane the ninja
08-28-2007, 06:26 AM
Liverpool fc rule, but you guys call that soccer i think, but over it is called foot balll so this post is perfectly legal

Interpreter
08-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Liverpool fc rule, but you guys call that soccer i think, but over it is called foot balll so this post is perfectly legal

Yep, i'm a fan of liverpool as well! XD Just that day i was cheering over the liverpool vs sunderland match... XD

spectracidex
08-28-2007, 07:44 PM
lol xD

i can make a soccer thread if you want lol

Zantetsuken
08-28-2007, 08:02 PM
49ers all the way.
Browns all the way.

Raiders suck.
Broncos suck.
Soccer sucks.

*Lady_Kikyo*
08-29-2007, 02:10 AM
49ers all the way.
Browns all the way.

Raiders suck.
Broncos suck.
Soccer sucks.

youre so lucky i cant rep anymore, (for the time being) i dont appriciate you coming into my thread posting who you think sucks..bc we really dont care who you think sucks..the thread is for you to post who you like ONLY!!! dont do that again.

KuroTan
08-30-2007, 10:37 PM
go liverpool!lol.im a fan.its our season this year!haha.XD too bad i cant reali watch it a lot now since i moved...but there's still the internet.^^

*edit*

oh dear.this is what happens if i dont read the whole thread before i post.forgive me.^^'

Zantetsuken
08-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Yay soccer! Go teams go!

Lets give David Beckham $250 million so he can get injured twice, only start 6 games and score 1 goal!

What a waste of money.

Ari_86
08-30-2007, 10:46 PM
I got your back ~*Lady_Kikyou*~ I got him for you!!! And you do not suck.

Steelers all the way still baby..got no one else likes them...im alone..

Zantetsuken
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
I got your back ~*Lady_Kikyou*~ I got him for you!!! And you do not suck.

You got me?

Steelers, huh? Troy Palamalu is the Sqweep!

bakakame
08-30-2007, 10:55 PM

um.....

I'm from the 'burgh, and mah team is the PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!

Here's hoping for a better season than '06, and of course a 6th ring!

I'd have included the image I uploaded for it last year but I can't remember the location:unsure:

Zantetsuken
08-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Meh, the Ravens will win the division. Steelers aren't good enough to beat the Ravens and Bengals.

Ari_86
08-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Meh, the Ravens will win the division. Steelers aren't good enough to beat the Ravens and Bengals.

Dude the steelers will kill the Ravens and Bengals. Dont dout them...THEY ROCK!!! GO STEELERS!!

Zantetsuken
08-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Dude the steelers will kill the Ravens and Bengals. Dont dout them...THEY ROCK!!! GO STEELERS!!

Do you know anything? Ben Rothlesberger is a roller coaster QB, you never know if he's gonna throw for 3 TDs or 3 picks, Willie Parker fumbles the ball, and Heinz Ward, though a good WR, is getting too old. And the Steeler defense will get tired of trying to win all their games for them.

The Ravens have the best Defense in the NFL. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Lee Suggs, Trevor Pryce, c'mon now. On the other side of the ball is a veteran QB of Steve McNair, with a good recieving core that consists of Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton, who should have a break out year. And they upgraded the RB position with Willis McGahee. No chance for the Steelers, they won't beat them once.

The Bengals have one of the best Offenses in the NFL. Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, T.J, "Who'syourmama", and RB Corey Dillon. Though I think the Steelers have a better defense, the Bengals will just out score the Steelers. I see the Steelers pulling only one victory out against the Bengals this year.

Sorry but I see the Steelers making it third in their division and not going to the playoffs.

Baka
08-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Miami Dolphins

Zantetsuken
08-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Miami Dolphins

Good D, bad O. If they can find a way to make Trent Green actually play good offense, the Dolphins might make it to a wild card spot or better. Not a bad team.

Music Fiend
08-31-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm more of an NFC guy, myself - always have been; I liked the Redskins the most when I was five, and the Cowboys most up until this year. But honestly, I'm starting to become a bigger fan of the Eagles.

Zantetsuken
08-31-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm more of an NFC guy, myself - always have been; I liked the Redskins the most when I was five, and the Cowboys most up until this year. But honestly, I'm starting to become a bigger fan of the Eagles.

Hey, if Donovan McNabb stays healthy, they got a chance to win it all.

bakakame
08-31-2007, 06:55 PM
We've lost some big players over the past couple years, but for the large part this is still the team that one the cities' 5th championship in '05.

Ben was less than stelar last year, we all think (hope) that it was just an injury-induced fluke. With a new head coach calling the shots it'll also probably take a while for teams to get used to playing against us again.

Bengals are ok, let's see if they can stay out of lockup this season. Even if so, I think the tweaks to the defense Tomlin will be making will be throwing off any offensive line. Doubt they will be able to take advantage of the deep field like they love to do.

Ravens, I'd call their last season a fluke. Half of their game they SHOULD have lost but got lucky breaks. I don't see them running away again this season.

Browns..... well, I won't mock them until the season starts.

Zantetsuken
08-31-2007, 07:00 PM
Ravens, I'd call their last season a fluke. Half of their game they SHOULD have lost but got lucky breaks. I don't see them running away again this season.

Browns..... well, I won't mock them until the season starts.

Going 13-3 in the regular season isn't a fluke. It's because their awesome defense is the sqweep.

As for the Browns, well, I became an instant fan when they drafted Brady Quinn. Hopefully they won't start him until after the by-week and next year they can draft some talent to help him out. Next year I think we'll all see a different Browns team.

S o l o
08-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Cowboys! x]

The whole family is a big fan

Zantetsuken
08-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Cowboys! x]

The whole family is a big fan

As much as I hate the Cowboys, they seem to have a good team this year. If Tony Romo can make it through as an efficient QB, then I think they can go deep into the playoffs. Hopefully Terry Glenn will get past his injury, if not then it's gonna be hard finding that #2 receiver and have trouble in the passing game, even though they have TO. I predict they'll make it to the NFC Championship game, but not the Super Bowl.

Queen Dopplepopolis!
09-01-2007, 01:29 AM
thank you Del Rio for dropping Leftwich. :]

bakakame
09-15-2007, 01:21 AM
I cannot sit around and watch threads regarding REAL football go forgotten.

Steelers abslutely raped Cleveland.... there's a suprise. And they oust their starting QB 2 days later? Call me crazy, but I think it's the coaching staff that's the problem in Cleveland. They may not have an all-star team, but there is enough talent that they shouldn't look like the worst team in the leauge.

Bengals are superior to Baltimore. The game took a bit of a "lucky" turn for them in the final minute, but overall Baltimore is not a front-runner this season.

Bears vs Chargers.... ugly game. I missed the 4th quarter I couldn't stand watching it.

Denver, talk about getting lucky at the end there. Still a very nice kick. Also glad to hear that Everett will be making a recovery. His career is certainly over but at least he can still live.

Philly.... I feel for you. We here in Pittsburgh had that problem last year to...

New England cheating.... can't say I'm that shocked. There's good, and then there's rediculous. I know a lot of people were suspicious, but it's not the kind of thing you complain about without proof. Otherwise you just sound like a whiny sore loser.

Ok, time for some predictions for week 2. To win, I'm picking:

Houston
Cincinnati
Jacksonville
NYG
Pittsburgh
St. Louis
Tampa Bay
Indianapolis
Arizona
Minnesota
Miami
NYJ
Chicago
Denver
San Diego
Philly

Memento Mori
10-15-2007, 07:35 PM
For NFL, I would root for the Lions only because my dad played for them at a time. It's kinda nice to root for something so close to home.

Princess Zelda
10-15-2007, 07:44 PM
yay my jaguars won again. =)
i think..we're 4-1.
woo!

bakakame
10-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts, you've got another game against the Titans, 2 against the Colts, a game with the Steelers, one against the Chargers and one against the Saints (rather unpredictable since Bush stepped up yesterday...).

Plus Tampa Bay is looking to have improved and Carolina probably won't be using Carr unless Testaverde get injured as well.

I'm predicting a record at the end of the season of 9-7 or 8-8 for Jacksonville.

Princess Zelda
10-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts, you've got another game against the Titans, 2 against the Colts, a game with the Steelers, one against the Chargers and one against the Saints (rather unpredictable since Bush stepped up yesterday...).

Plus Tampa Bay is looking to have improved and Carolina probably won't be using Carr unless Testaverde get injured as well.

I'm predicting a record at the end of the season of 9-7 or 8-8 for Jacksonville.

oh boo!
we're doing great, i think, compared to previous seasons.
i know we have some tough games coming up, but still.
i hope we do better than your predictions.

Fionn Mac
10-15-2007, 08:10 PM
^ Thats a rather humorous prediction you have there. The Jags are clicking on both sides of the ball, Garrard has emerged as a consistent leader on the offensive end and the defense is playing at its usual high level.
They have a good chance against their match up's verse the Colts, they use their 3-3-5 Nickel Defense to disrupt Manning and their running combo is one of the best in the NFL, can the Colts D handle them?...it will be interesting to see.

The Packers cannot run the ball, a big problem once it hits football weather in Green Bay, the Titans are average at best on offense and slowly sliding down the AFC south standings, the Saints are still the Aints, Jags have beat the Steelers in their recent meetings(I always love that match up, great smashmouth football there), Tampa Bay has no running at all unless they pull off that draft pick for Labrandon Tofield deal with the Jags, and Carolina will eventually see Vinny Inceptaverde soon enough.

Unless something happens, I will for now, scoff at the 8-8 prediction. For once the Jags can look to a possible division lead and if their current level of play can continue, a wild card will be no problem. There is however, still a lot of football to be played.

Princess Zelda
10-15-2007, 08:14 PM
^ Thats a rather humorous prediction you have there. The Jags are clicking on both sides of the ball, Garrard has emerged as a consistent leader on the offensive end and the defense is playing at its usual high level.
They have a good chance against their match up's verse the Colts, they use their 3-3-5 Nickel Defense to disrupt Manning and their running combo is one of the best in the NFL, can the Colts D handle them?...it will be interesting to see.

The Packers cannot run the ball, a big problem once it hits football weather in Green Bay, the Titans are average at best on offense and slowly sliding down the AFC south standings, the Saints are still the Aints, Jags have beat the Steelers in their recent meetings(I always love that match up, great smashmouth football there), Tampa Bay has no running at all unless they pull off that draft pick for Labrandon Tofield deal with the Jags, and Carolina will eventually see Vinny Inceptaverde soon enough.

Unless something happens, I will for now, scoff at the 8-8 prediction. For once the Jags can look to a possible division lead and if their current level of play can continue, a wild card will be no problem. There is however, still a lot of football to be played.

they played AMAZING at last night's game.
too bad it was blacked out.
i haven't heard the crowd that loud in such a long time.

bakakame
10-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Jax doesn't play against Green Bay this season, I glanced at the wrong schedule there for a minute. edited it out.

Indy, don't forget, seems to have found a D since the last time the 2 clubs met. Indeed if you a fan of an ACF South team that isn't the colts, the best you can hope for is a wild card spot.

The Tennessee game will largly depend on if Vince Young is healthy. Of course the Titans D isn't something to scoff at either.

Regarding the Steeler's games, I look at the circumstances. In 05; Maddox, replacing an injured Big Ben, throws an interception in OT that's returned for 6. In 06, the first game back for Ben Roethlisberger after a near-fatal motorcycle wreck and an appendectomy. Total scorring of the game is only 3 field goals.

Although you are right, there's still a lot of the season left and you never know what might happen.

Though it's hard to feel like it matters. Do any of us really stand a chance against the New England Cheaters? erm, Patriots?

Fionn Mac
10-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Jax doesn't play against Green Bay this season, I glanced at the wrong schedule there for a minute. edited it out.

Indy, don't forget, seems to have found a D since the last time the 2 clubs met. Indeed if you a fan of an ACF South team that isn't the colts, the best you can hope for is a wild card spot.

The Tennessee game will largly depend on if Vince Young is healthy. Of course the Titans D isn't something to scoff at either.

Regarding the Steeler's games, I look at the circumstances. In 05; Maddox, replacing an injured Big Ben, throws an interception in OT that's returned for 6. In 06, the first game back for Ben Roethlisberger after a near-fatal motorcycle wreck and an appendectomy. Total scorring of the game is only 3 field goals.

Although you are right, there's still a lot of the season left and you never know what might happen.

Though it's hard to feel like it matters. Do any of us really stand a chance against the New England Cheaters? erm, Patriots?

Well I am a Jags fan (one of the few in Northeast Ohio) and I agree with your reply. I said it would be interesting how the Colt's Defense would do. I know they've picked it up recently, but it was "improved" when the Jags tore them up with 300 some rushing yards I think. Though they have seemed to tighten things up eventhough they lost some good players due to the cap.

I didn't mention the Titans Defense, though its the only thing thats been keeping them close...Vince Young is the key to that offense, but he is inconsistent. I cannot see a playoff team with the QB throwing under 100 yards, though he does "make plays."

As for the Steelers, one of my good friends is a huge Steelers so I know the justifications for the losses. I never expect for the score to be anything above a touchdown or two. Its one of my favorite match ups and no one expects the Jags to hang with the Steelers, yet it always ends up being "Wow these teams are so similar"
They are though aren't they, QB's consistently manage(though I dislike that term) the game, the Defense and running game are the staples.
It often comes down to field position.

And no, I don't feel anyone...aside from the Colts, who can hang with the Pats. Though I would have liked to see the Jags+Garrard vs the Pats. If you can disrupt Tom Brady, Dallas did it for a while, you have a slim chance of keeping it close. Until Maroney comes back though, they are rather weak at the run game.
With the NFC as it is, I can see a Pats vs Cowboys superbowl.