PDA

View Full Version : Ichi the Killer, would you read it?

ichigosama72
08-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Okay, this has to be the weirdest manga i have ever read in my life. It's about two guys. One of them is Ichi, who is a wimp and has been bullied all his life, but when he starts to cry he turns into a human weapon. He's kind of like a male version of Chun-Li, with the kicking and what not. He also has a blade hidden in each boot to butcher his enemies with. Even after saying, um i mean typing, all of this I bet you think Ichi's evil, right? Well, he's not. He's a really nice guy, but very confused. Not much of a spoiler either, you find that out in the first volume. Ichi kills for a man named Jijii or Oji-san(that's what Ichi calls him.) Then there's Karkihara, the creepiest guy in the manga if you ask me. He's a yakuza boss who's so bored that the only thing that satisfies him is piercing, cutting, and burning himself and others. If you couldn't tell this is a very graphic manga. I think it was banned in several parts of Japan. So, after all that, would you read this manga?

AHQ
08-18-2007, 12:15 PM
I would.It sounds interesting

ichigosama72
08-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah! It really is. It's 10 volumes and isn't licensed. So you'll have to download. Do you want the link?

Jose
08-18-2007, 03:47 PM
maybe depends on how bored i was

.Lovebeat
08-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Psh. My friend's friend watched the movie Ichi the killer and puked.
If you like japanese fetisch (spelling?) for certain pain... and if you like blood and gore, this is just for you. I doubt the manga is that bad. I haven't read it myself or seen the movie and neither do I plan to.
Try google it btw. If you dare. o_O

AHQ
08-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Yeah! It really is. It's 10 volumes and isn't licensed. So you'll have to download. Do you want the link?

Sure post it

Gjallarhorn
08-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Don't post links to illegal downloads here.

Anyway, I've read some of it. It's an interesting story, but what really kind of kept me away from it was the art...just something I didn't like about it, though it was interesting in it's own right.

AHQ
08-19-2007, 01:45 AM
No problem,i'll search for it myself.:D

ichigosama72
08-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks Xero XIII for telling me that. I wasn't sure about download links, I'll know next time though.:)

~HappyGirl~
08-19-2007, 01:33 PM
I remember seeing the movie along time ago. I didn`t really like it though because some of the scenes were... kind of disturbing. =x