PDA

View Full Version : Less-than-purr-fect Police and Hello Kitty

Azel
08-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I saw this on Wikinews and almost died laughing. Any comments?

August 6, 2007
Thai police officers are being punished by being forced to wear large, bright pink Hello Kitty armbands.
The armband, which features Hello Kitty sitting on top of two hearts, will be worn by police officers who commit minor offences. These include littering, lateness and parking in a prohibited area. The officers will also be forced to stay with the deputy chief all day in division office and will be forbidden to disclose their offences. However, police officers caught breaking the law will still be subject to the same penalties and fines as ordinary members of the public.
Police Colonel Pongpat Chayapan said, "Simple warnings no longer work. This new twist is expected to make them feel guilt and shame and prevent them from repeating the offense, no matter how minor. (Hello) Kitty is a cute icon for young girls. It's not something macho police officers want covering their biceps. This is to help build discipline. We should not let small offences go unnoticed."

Legend_S
08-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Hahaha thats too funny, well they should know better.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
08-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Dear god...XDDDDD....

I want one now...I'm getting one..

Lunafreya Fleuret
08-16-2007, 05:13 PM
I saw this on Wikinews and almost died laughing. Any comments?

August 6, 2007
Thai police officers are being punished by being forced to wear large, bright pink Hello Kitty armbands.
The armband, which features Hello Kitty sitting on top of two hearts, will be worn by police officers who commit minor offences. These include littering, lateness and parking in a prohibited area. The officers will also be forced to stay with the deputy chief all day in division office and will be forbidden to disclose their offences. However, police officers caught breaking the law will still be subject to the same penalties and fines as ordinary members of the public.
Police Colonel Pongpat Chayapan said, "Simple warnings no longer work. This new twist is expected to make them feel guilt and shame and prevent them from repeating the offense, no matter how minor. (Hello) Kitty is a cute icon for young girls. It's not something macho police officers want covering their biceps. This is to help build discipline. We should not let small offences go unnoticed."

Goodness. Heard about that a few hours ago when a friend of mine called. And I do find it funny that they have to wear that. xD

Capernicus
08-16-2007, 05:20 PM
XDDD That is so awesome. I know that would certainly be a punishment for me.

Sobriquet
08-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Lol. I find this kind of cute. I love this new idea. xD Go Hello Kitty!

.Lovebeat
08-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Lol. I find this kind of cute. I love this new idea. xD Go Hello Kitty!
Haha, I agree with you xD But okay I guess it's a bit embarrassing for the police officers... "a bit".

Princess Cupcake
08-16-2007, 08:16 PM
It takes a real man to sport one of those fashionable accessories!

They should cut police officers more slack, I mean, they are people after all. And the 'punishment' is a bit silly. I find it adorable and would love to wear one. I bet I would come in late just to get one. Personally, I love Hello Kitty and would not be ashamed of wearing it if I were male. It's really no big deal.

keezy.
08-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Dear god...XDDDDD....

I want one now...I'm getting one..
LOL!!! i want one too! and yea the police should know better:rolleyes:
btw, Azel... i'd appreciate it if you'd write me back in demon_girl_'s thread;) ya'know the one that says: "Warning!read this to find out" (i'd also like u to know i personally have nothing against u)

zyronet
08-16-2007, 09:44 PM
cuteness indeed.
Haha! Maybe i should try this to be use as a discipline thing, to those i am handling.. Hmm...

Bucky Katt
08-16-2007, 11:05 PM
-.Snickering escalates into uncontrollable laughter.- Bahahahahahahahahahaha! Whooo! Hello Kitty is the perfect way to lay down the law. I think the officers should wear those bands even if they didn't commit a minor offense: any kitty sitting on two hearts would instill fear in the hearts of all.

Wio
08-17-2007, 12:26 AM
If they are doing anything serious, they should be kicked off the police force. Otherwise they should just fine them. The purse hurts as much as pride.