PDA

View Full Version : Rush Hour 3

ParaParaJMo
08-16-2007, 09:19 AM
It had something going good, but th ending was just a bit too abrupt and it throws the other characters out the window. I thought the plot had a good foundation, but it just messed up in direction and certain parts were very predictable and some things just didn't make sense.

Like it was very easy to predict the French politician was one of the triads. It was already done before in the first movie!!! And the fact Jackie has a Japanese brother that was put in a Chinese orphanage. I think they could have said they put him in China because he would be hunted down by the Yakuza if they kept him in Japan or something. And the ending could have indicated that the Chinese politician who was shot fully recovered or something.

The first movie tended to center around Jackie Chan. The second centered around Chris Tucker. This one does a descent job of centering around both actors. It's like they are finally co-stars which was what I liked about the movie.

The humor is still top notch. While the action mostly up the ending was good, but not Jackie Chan's best but he still does some impressive stuff.

It's just the ending scene I didn't agree with because I'm a firm believer that special effects and Jackie Chan don't mix. Which was why I despised the Tuxedo. If you want to see one of Jackie Chan's greatest movies recently, I strongly say you watch New Police Story. I like how the movie really proves him more as an actor in comparison to his other movies where you only love him for his stunts and his acting doesn't really stand out.

I say this movie is better than what other summer movies like Transformers and Simpsons have to offer, but it still doesn't cut it. I thought the characters in this movie were used right but the story's direction is the main problem.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
08-16-2007, 09:23 AM
In my personal opinion, Jackies Hong Kong films are WAY better than his American ones. The Hong Kong ones give out mroe ot him, that's my thoughts.

Also Snce you seen it, which movie is the best? 1, 2, or 3?

Takatofan1986
08-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I liked it, but in my oppinon 2 is the best!

xXAltairXx
08-16-2007, 10:29 AM
<Tucker> What the hell did he just say? <French Asian> Cher Swee! (French) <Tucker> I Dont Unserstand The Words Coming Out Of Your Mouth <Jackie> I Think He's Speaking French! -;-Tucker Slaps French Asian-;- <Tucker> Your Asian Stop Humiliating Yourself!

XD! Favorite part of the movie

Marie2007
08-16-2007, 10:31 AM
I enjoyed it but they could have ended it better than they did.

Guza
08-16-2007, 06:22 PM
lol, i cant wait till i see it, from what i heard its prolly the best out of the three, but ill have to wait and see, i also agree that new police story is a really good movie, though the voice acting really isnt up to par

onigiri princess
08-16-2007, 06:37 PM
awesome movie!!! i loved it!
my fave part was:
(tucker):who are you? , (old guy):Yuu (tucker):not me you oldman: no i'm yuu
tucker:are you def? (old man): no you is blind (tucker): you (old man):yes? (tucker):not you him! (teacher):yes? (tucker):who are you? (teacher):I'm Mee (old man):he's Mee and I'm Yuu (tucker):and you know what I'm about wip your old ---

kay not sayin that one out XD, hilarious part!!

.Lovebeat
08-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Can't wait to see it too. I loved Rush Hour 1 & 2, they're one of my favourite movies and both of them are really cool actors.

ParaParaJMo
08-16-2007, 11:05 PM
In my personal opinion, Jackies Hong Kong films are WAY better than his American ones. The Hong Kong ones give out mroe ot him, that's my thoughts.

Also Snce you seen it, which movie is the best? 1, 2, or 3?

I say 1 and 2 were equally good. But 3 just over stepped unnecessary boundaries like a Japanese brother and stuff like that. I thought the humor as usual was still descent as a I said. The action, very enjoyable, but still not Jackie Chan's best.