PDA

View Full Version : The Feel Good Hit of the Summer?

Music Fiend
08-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Yes, I did just incorporate a QotSA song in the title (though...perhaps not in the way the song ment it). x3

Anywho, since Summer is coming to a close, I figured I would ask what everyone's favorite song and/or album of the summer was.

My favorite song of the Summer: Queens of the Stone Age's "Sick, Sick, Sick", their latest single. The chorus is certainly chant-worthy (Sick! Sick! Sick! Woooo!), and I love Josh's energy.

Tegan and Sara's The Con might be my favorite album of the Summer...I'll have to think a little harder on that one. Oh, and Our Love to Admire, from Interpol. I love that album.

Elphaba
08-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I have 3 albums...if thats ok...
Alltid på väg (Always On Way)Alla mina ansikten ( All My Faces)ag måste kyssa dig ( I Must Kiss You)

Ryth
08-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Is it just stuff that came out this summer 2007? If so...it has to be Printemps émeraude or Tir Nan Og by Alcest. This French shoegaze/post-black metal project really blew me away.

Gandizzl
08-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Hmmmm... I don't really think I found a feel good hit this summer.
It's been more like a playlist xD
It's been raining to much to find one xP

Although... Turning Japanese by The Vapors found a spot in my heart this summer.
It really has that happy sound and feel good atmosphere.
Also En Mäktig Här by Finntroll and Love You To Death by Kamelot also have been running a lot.
Also some Metallica classics give me the summer feeling after I saw them live about 1 month ago.

Album wise... It must be all the albums (De-Loused In The Comatorium, Frances The Mute and Amputechture) from The Mars Volta.
The latino-jazz fusions just screams summer.
Also Capitals by Ljungblut has been running a lot.
It gives me the feeling of those late summer sunsets when it's a little chilly, but still a good temperature.
Also The Best Of The Police has been here a lot for me this summer.
Can't deny that The Police is summer x3

But if you were talking about releases this summer...
I think the album must be Paradise Lost by Symphony X or Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde by Alcest and the song must be Passion's Killing Floor by HIM.

Ryth
08-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde by Alcest

I declare you as a superior member of Animeforum.

Tsuna Kadiri
08-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Definately has to be the first two Days of the New albums (Orange and Green). All of their music has an acoustic-driven, down to earth, raw quality to it that embodies the area I live in and the people I know, which I love, especially in the summer when the countryside is in all it's glory. And that is something I've never felt when listening to any other band or song, ever.

And as much as I feel funny admitting it, all summer I kept listening to the song "Every Morning" by Sugar Ray. It's so cheery and catchy and summery, when I think of summer I think of that song.

.Lovebeat
08-14-2007, 07:24 PM
My favourite song of this summer:
Beautiful Girls - Sean Kingston

Okay. I don't know if the song was out before summer. But I've heard the song a lot this summer and I think the song is pretty cute. >.>; Some parts of it, at least.

Pleiades
08-14-2007, 07:29 PM
My feel good hits of this summer would be Endless Summer by Cascada and Some Kinda Wonderful by Sky. They fit well with the mood of summer. <3