PDA

View Full Version : A newish Anime -Claymore-

Avalon57
08-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Title: Claymore
Producers: MADHOUSE
so far on genre: Violence, Fantasy, Adventure

Summary:
Based on a shounen manga by Yagi Norihiro serialised in Monthly Shounen Jump.

The setting of the story is a fictional world of abundant towns where humans coexist with demons called Yoma. These monsters feed on humans as their main source of food, hiding themselves in human society until they strike.

A group of skilled warriors form a nameless organization to protect humans from these demons. These warriors are called Claymores, after their immense Claymore weapons. They willingly infuse themselves with demon flesh and blood to become powerful half-human hybrids. Villages in danger of attack hire warriors from the organisation for protection.

The story of Claymore follows the adventures of the beautiful Claymore warrior Claire, who fights demons and struggles to hold on to her humanity.

Long ago, the Yoma, the shape changing demons, took human form to live in disguise among human society. They feed on human innards, and take possession of memories from the brains of people they eat. These acquired memories help them better disguise themselves within human society.

In recent years, a secret society discovers a way of implanting demon bodies and body parts into humans, to create hybrids more powerful than the original demons. Hybrid`s standard abilities include faster healing, limited shape modification, the ability to detect other demons and hybrids, and overall enhanced physical prowess. Almost all hybrids are created against their will; they are typically survivors of families attacked by demons. The only exception is the lead character, who volunteered to become a hybrid to avenge her family. The society sends hybrids to towns that can afford their fares to kill demons, although not every hybrid does so willingly (this is implied in the manga.) The society is often strict and harsh; hybrids who break the rules risk being hunted down by their fellow hybrids.

u can get episodes subbed by Eclipse on Baka-updates.com
At first i honestly didnt think i would like this too much, but i figured since i heard it was so good that i would stick it out for a few more episodes. Well now I can say that i thoroughly enjoy this one and wait in anticipation every week for the new episode :D

Crippe
08-10-2007, 03:29 PM
this sounds kinda interesting, thanks for the info :) i'll try to watch some episodes ^^

Thousand Eyes
09-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Good series. It has tons of action and gore, just the way I like it. My favourite character is Galatea. Her ability to sense distant yoki is awesome. There are definitely a lot of surprises and a lot of turn of events that stunned me. They should be obvious.

spyre
09-18-2007, 01:12 AM
I've heard it is good

ravishing-tranquility
09-27-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm more of a manga reader for this one but I can say that it's superb. OK I am biased because I'm a fan of pretty women wielding huge swords slicing every monster they meet, but still it's good.

It's not necessary to swear, and the filter doesn't protect you.

Hamashimura
09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
One of my favorites...Though I don't like Awaken Beign form,kinda lame looking...
But in general,series are good,with somewhat serious storyline that I love,mixed with love and fantasy...
It has somewhat Gothic feeling to it ^_^"
Only fact that I dislike beside Awaken Being form (though Priscila's looking awesome) is their legs...
Kinda off proportions...oh well...you can't have everything perfect ^_^

FLASH-X
09-27-2007, 11:20 PM
cool anime man i will try to watch sm episodes thx for the info

Shirai Ryu Scorpion
09-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Hm, sounds great I like the shonen jump titles I hope this one is going to be good, thanks for the information.

Zoekin
10-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I love the Claymore series! Lots of great action with big swords! My favourite Claymores are Galatea and Cynthia.

Moonlight Eve
10-12-2007, 04:11 PM
I really enjoyed this series. I watched all 26 episodes and I even liked the ending! (Which doesn't happen too often for me.)

My favorites were undoubtly Clare and Teresa. The way their relationship developed and it was refreshing to see how an uncaring, cold like charcater as Teresa could come to have deep and loving feelings for Clare.

The character that annoyed me the most was Raki. Geezus...that was one crying boy! But, even though he annoyed me, I grew to 'like' him in the end.

All in all, the animation was good, as was the storyline and characters.

I give this series two thumbs up.:)

Baka
11-13-2007, 12:43 PM
I am currently watching it. I think it is really good.

Kanjoudakai_Ira
11-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I love it,tho what surprises me is that although MADHOUSE made alot of good anime it also made some very crappy anime too. Devil may cry is by MADHOUSE too(another great anime).

[BlackDeath]
12-07-2007, 05:22 AM
Anime great, manga is better but the English translated version from SJ is horrible, better to get scanlations of it. Not a huge difference between the manga and the anime but for fans it is noticeable. Anime finishes quite early though, no where near where the manga is up to so for a better understanding of story or if you want to know what happens beyond the anime pick up the manga and get reading.

bleach8piano
12-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Hands down Claymore is the best anime ever made. Compared to the manga, the ending was not that good but overall (yes i watch animes like Bleach, Gurren Lagann, Naruto etc.) this anime pwns every other anime.

MysticEntity
01-05-2008, 06:42 PM
One of my favorite. :)
Hmm.. don't know if they'll make a second season. Because the ending is just not satisfying enough.
Currently reading the manga. I love the art style.