PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want to help AnimeLyrics.com?

Kaitou Ace
08-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Seeing as a lot of people keep asking on how to learn Japanese, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help write some lessons we can put up on the site.
I think a good list of things to have would include:

Hiragana / Katakana phonetic tables with word examples
Basic particles / sentence structure
Numbers
Common phrases
Links / Resources for further study

Anything else you can think of O_o;

These can be done by one person, or collectively, or I guess if no one is interested, I'll end up doing them myself, but they'll take me a while, as there are a few other things in the pipeline right now before I am free enough to do the lessons. Also I'd be willing to put up the authors' google adsource code so you have a chance to make money from these pages ^_^;

Any submissions will have to be evaluated before they are put up though, as I'd want to ensure a level of quality for the site. So post here if anyone is willing to do this, and what/how much of it you can commit to, and we'll figure out the best way of doing it from there.

Jose
08-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Yes good idea thx webmaster

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
08-06-2007, 06:02 PM
What a wonderful idea! I would love to help out. Seeing as I know the basics and a little more (such as a full knowledge of hiragana/katakana, numbers [to as the infinite XD], sentence structure, etc). So, if my help is needed please PM and I'll start working immediately.

kekepania
08-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I would love to help! I was just starting to teach a user here by PM, and they said I was doing a good job, so I'm sure I can type up some lessons for everyone! : D

I consider myself to be pretty good at Japanese, I'm pro at the basics (haha not really XD ) but I can definately help out with the abovementioned topics. Please let me know if there is anything you'd like me to get working on and I'll try my best to do so.

Lunafreya Fleuret
08-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Hn. That indeed would be a good idea, Acey. =/

Ertai87
08-06-2007, 10:51 PM
I'd love to. As my first writing job has been over for about 6 months and my second one is ending next week, I'll have nothing to do writing-wise for a good long while. I'm not fluent or anything by any means (I'm taking Japanese 3 in September, meaning, I don't know how it works in Japanese schools, but for those of you who know how the French language system works in Canada outside of Quebec, I'm probably at the grade 9 level of Japanese equivalent), but I'd love to help out with what I know. I'm in the middle of final exams until next Tuesday (August 14th), but after then give me a shout if you'd like me to help :D

Kaitou Ace
08-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Ok, well I can wait a till next Tuseday for Ertai87, but Penguin-san and kekepania, if you could pick one of the possible lessons I've listed (or one that you'd want to do) and PM it to me as an example of your work, I'd appreciate it ^_^; I'll go by the writing examples to see whats best.

This goes for anyone else who is interested, just PM me a sample lesson, and we'll go from there. Of course if a few people are really good, there is no reason to have just one person doing lessons, and a few people collaborating may be the best option.

I look forward to seeing the lesson samples ^_^

Thanks!

animestoriez
08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
In fact, the japanese language is now more and more important not only in anime but also in other fiels due o the economical growth of japan.

To learn english is like learning any other second langauge. You need to learn the basics and the structure of the language. Then, intensify learning japanese articles and listen to japanese animes and lyrics.

I''l try to make a selection of lessons and contact you to send them to you.

Sincerely

himan11
08-08-2007, 11:03 AM
I support ya'all! A very good idea indeed!

Ertai87
08-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey Kaitou, is there a way to send .doc/.txt/.rtf/etc. files as attachments to PMs? I don't want to type in an entire long description of something only to click the "back" button on my browser and have it all erased. I tend to be quite wordy when explaining something, so this will likely happen. Alternately, can I get an e-mail address I can send my submission to instead of via PM? Thanks :D

kekepania
08-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Okay! I'll try to put together something asap. But I've been quite busy lately, sorry. ^^; I'll try my best. : )

Ertai 87:
What I do is type it all out in a PM and copy the text before I send it, just in case, or type it up in a Notepad file, then paste in PM box, etc.

Ange
08-11-2007, 03:18 AM
This is great. I can't wait to see the lessons.
By the way.. is it possible to make lessons explaining how kanji really works? I've never seen a book teaching kanji while I only study SODs on the internet. I'm really having a hard time with kanji!

Ertai87
08-16-2007, 01:28 PM
PM'd first article to you, Kaitou. Lemme know what you think ^_^