PDA

View Full Version : Teach Me Japaneez Pleez

Anubis3548
08-04-2007, 05:37 PM
I have been interested in learning the japanese language for about a year and a half. Sadly, where I live, there are no teachers close by, atleast not for my age group. so i've decided to ask someone if they can ATLEAST teach me the basics of the langauge via email and private messaging. I am fifteen years old, black, and an avid manga reader nd anime watcher, and am very eager to learn the japanese language one day for I am visitin tha country with my grandma (she says its my christas gift for the enxt three years) . I am a fast learner and am EXTREMELY interested. Please Help... And only if you speak the language FLUENTLY.

Sincerely, Anubis3548

Ertai87
08-04-2007, 05:48 PM
It's a bit hard to teach a language over the internet, since a large part of it is the spoken language, so you need to be able to pronounce the words properly. Additionally, while Katakana and Hiragana are pretty straightforward, my understanding is (I'm not Japanese, but am learning it) that most of the writing in Japan is either in Katakana or Kanji. If you Wikipedia Hiragana and Katakana and learn those charts and then go out and buy yourself a good Kanji book (I have a really good one I posted the info for in another thread that you can take a look at if you can find it), it'll be sufficient to read signs and such. As for spoken language, though, you really need to meet someone face to face who can teach you that so they can show you how certain words are used.

Also, when are you planning on going to Japan? If you're planning on going in 6 months (Christmas time) and think you can learn enough to survive by then, think again. I've been learning Japanese for about 8 months at about 3 hours per week, in a classroom setting, with a native Japanese teacher and a textbook, and I barely know enough to get around. If you're planning on learning Japanese before going there, give yourself at least a year to get good at it before going. At least that's what I'd recommend. And if you're 15, that means you'll be going to University or College in a couple years, where it's almost guaranteed they'll have structured classes, so wait a couple of years before going. You can start learning now, but don't rush it.

Anubis3548
08-04-2007, 05:57 PM
I am going either next summer or the summer after that. And I'll try to learn the charts like u said but I cannot see the characters for some reason i think I have to download something that shows it but how do I c the characters???

kyoshi131
08-04-2007, 09:31 PM
in order to have your computer view japanese charictors you have to do the following,
go to start and click on control panel. when the window pops up, click date, time, language, and regional options. you should see in big print "or click a control panel icon" under this will be a picture of a globe that says regional and language options, click it.
it should pop up with another screen and this one will say, standands and formats and a bunch of other stuff, on the top you should see a little tab called "languages" chick it and you will see a little box that should say "supplement language support" and in it will be a check box that says "install files for East Asian languages" and there you have it, when the file is done you will be able to see asian charictors which includes japanese... ^^

Ertai87
08-05-2007, 12:33 PM
in order to have your computer view japanese charictors you have to do the following,
go to start and click on control panel. when the window pops up, click date, time, language, and regional options. you should see in big print "or click a control panel icon" under this will be a picture of a globe that says regional and language options, click it.
it should pop up with another screen and this one will say, standands and formats and a bunch of other stuff, on the top you should see a little tab called "languages" chick it and you will see a little box that should say "supplement language support" and in it will be a check box that says "install files for East Asian languages" and there you have it, when the file is done you will be able to see asian charictors which includes japanese... ^^

Just a note: In order for that to work, you have to have a Windows (whatever version you're running) install CD at the ready, as it will probably ask for it. Also, this will not work on any edition of Vista except Vista Ultimate (hence why Vista is crap).

Houshi
08-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Hello.I'm japanese.
I think that I can teach you japanese.
But my english is poor.
I want to learn english.
Please teach me english, so I teach you japanese instead.

こんにちは。私は日本人です。
konnichiha. watasi ha nihonjin desu.
私はあなたに日本語を教えることが出来ると思います。
watashi ha anata ni nihongo wo oshieru koto ga dekiru to omoimasu.
しかし私は英語が下手です。
shikashi watasi ha eigo ga heta desu.
私は英語を勉強したいです。
watashi ha eigo wo benkyou shitai desu.
私に英語を教えてください。その代わりに、私はあなたに日本語を教えます。
watashi ni eigo wo oshiete kudasai. sono kawari ni , watashi ha anata ni nihongo wo oshiemasu.

Lunafreya Fleuret
08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Anou.. Anata baka desu. iie.

Now how it's done. x_X' It can take forever for someone just to learn our language. And also, I'll state this, I don't think it can just a year. For me to learn to speak english perfectly, it'll take about four months for the basics. And since I know that, it will go further. .-.'

However, if you WANT to teach someone, you need to know it all yourself or else something that they ask, you might not know, and then what would you do? o_O

See? Why don't you go to an online tutor or something?

Ertai87
08-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Anou.. Anata baka desu. iie.

Ee...dame desu yo. "Baka" no kotoba wo tsukawanaihougaiidesu yo...yokunai kotoba wo tsukawanaide kudasai...kare wa ganbatteimasu yo...

:(

Houshi
08-07-2007, 02:03 PM
"Baka" no kotoba wo tsukawanaihougaiidesu yo...
:(

Your japanese is very good.
But you had better write ""Baka" tte kotoba wo tsukawanaihougaiidesu yo" or ""Baka" tte kotoba wa tsukawanaihougaiidesu yo"

Ertai87
08-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Your japanese is very good.
But you had better write ""Baka" tte kotoba wo tsukawanaihougaiidesu yo" or ""Baka" tte kotoba wa tsukawanaihougaiidesu yo"

どうもありがとう :D

でも。。。ぼくは にほんごをならっていますから、 それを まだ ならいませんでした (ならっていませ んでした?)。  かんじを しりませんから、 ひらがなとカタカナを つかいます、 でも ぼくは かん じを このなつやあきやふゆに べんきょうします。

にほんじんは ぼくのにほんごを はなします、 それは たいせつだと おもいますよ、どうもありがとう  :D

kiki delivery
08-07-2007, 05:58 PM
I really want to learn japanese. but I don't know how. the only thing I can do is use the translater, and it doesn't even show me how to pronounce it just show me the characters. I know very, very little japanese, just the kind of stuff they say over and over in japanese shows like "thank you" and stuff like that.

、私必要とする助けを見なさい!

(これを発音する方法を私は知らない!)

( I copied it of the translater. )

Ertai87
08-08-2007, 12:09 AM
I really want to learn japanese. but I don't know how. the only thing I can do is use the translater, and it doesn't even show me how to pronounce it just show me the characters. I know very, very little japanese, just the kind of stuff they say over and over in japanese shows like "thank you" and stuff like that.

、私必要とする助けを見なさい!

(これを発音する方法を私は知らない!)

( I copied it of the translater. )

Word of wisdom: 99% of the time, what you get off an online translator is not actually what you want to say (it's either gramatically or logically or vocabularically (?) incorrect).

KohakuIceDragon
08-08-2007, 08:35 AM
i really want to learn japanese as well i only know a little of the basicas but i am determined

himan11
08-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Word of wisdom: 99% of the time, what you get off an online translator is not actually what you want to say (it's either gramatically or logically or vocabularically (?) incorrect).

Soo True, like the sentence she wrote.
"私必要とする助けを見なさい!"
watashi hitsuyou to suru tasuke wo minasai
The meaning is ??? Look I need help!??? lol
You prolly mean that you need help studying Japanese

one thing that translator often make mistake is this:
tasuke is commonly use asking for help when the person is in danger, i don't think you need help bcus you're in danger rite? lol
use tetsudau (dictionary form) instead
so use it like this
私の日本語の勉強を手伝ってください
watashi no nihongo no benkyou wo tetsudatte kudasai
Please help me study japanese

so both tasuke and tetsudau means help, but they're used differently

kiki delivery
08-08-2007, 04:17 PM
:help2:I know that's why I need help.:help2:

himan11
08-09-2007, 05:25 AM
lol okay, my bad ><;
soon enough anime lyrics will have everything u need to know about Japanese basic :D
I'm bad at teaching, sorry ><;

kiki delivery
08-09-2007, 09:52 PM
how long from now?
いつまでにか。

Ertai87
08-09-2007, 10:34 PM
"How long from now?" is unnecessary. "When?" ("itsu?"/'いつ?") will usually suffice. If you prefer to go wordier (although I'm not sure this is proper Japanese), "Jikan ga ikutsu arimasu ka?" ("じかんがいくつありますか。"), which would (or should) translate literally to "how much time is there?"

himan11
08-10-2007, 04:22 AM
well as soon as Ertai87-san and the others put in their work and Kaitou Ace-sama approves them. So keep cheering for them!
適当の時間はまだ分かりませんが、結構掛かると思う。
まぁ~待つしかないんだ

kiki delivery
08-11-2007, 08:51 PM
^_^ hope you do a great job! ^_^

MistressPookyChan
08-11-2007, 11:46 PM
This is spam. Please look at the other thread about this subject.