PDA

View Full Version : Alesana

BlessTheFailure
08-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Biography:

With humble beginnings in Baltimore and then solidifying their lineup in Raleigh, North Carolina, the genre-blending quintet called Alesana has come a long way in order to bring you their musical vision and incendiary live performance. Exploring the heights of love and the lows of heartbreak and bitterness that often follow, Alesana's music strikes a universal chord with audiences around the world. Fans embrace the emotional sincerity and undeniable intensity of the music while reveling in the reckless abandon with which alesana performs. Formed in October 2004 by guitarist/vocalist Shawn Milke, guitarist Patrick Thompson, vocalist Dennis Lee, and bassist Steven Tomany, Alesana quickly became a staple of the burgeoning Raleigh post-hardcore scene. If you ask anyone in Alesana about the type of music they play they will tell you "sweetcore" because they are such sweet guys however if you listen to their music you will learn that it is because of their music which mixes hardcore screaming with high pitched vocals and melodic catchy hooks. This is only truly justified and sweetly shocking when you first see the six band members hurling their bodies around stage as they sweat profusely and really get into their performance. This is Alesana's first year on warped tour. "We feel like warped tour is the next big step for the band. It is such a great opportunity to play for new kids and expand our fan base. That and our tour bus. We can't believe we are actually going to be on a real tour bus. Sick!!!!!," says Shawn Milke, vocalist,guitarist, pianist. They are not new to touring having already tour with Drop Dead Gorgeous, Bless the Fall, Haste The Day, From Autumn to Ashes, Set Your Goals and Bayside in 2007 along and soon to tour with From First to Last and Chiodos. The breaks between these tours will only be full of more dates in Mexico selling out thousand person venues filling their schedules through Dec 2007. On Frail Wings of Vanity and Wax, Alesana's latest album, hit stores this past spring with an enhanced disk which includes live footage and an interview that should not be missed. "The album is our interpretation of greek mythology and how the same stories and lessons apply in modern day society. Each song is our take on a different myth with a modern twist to it in most cases, but trying to leave the core of the stories intact," says vocalist Dennis Lee.

For this Thread, please pick your favorite song(s) from Alesana.

This thread can be if you like or hate Alesana, but you still need to post your song(s).

[Please stick on the Topic]

BlessTheFailure
08-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Me Favorite Songs:

Ambrosia

Apology

Azel
08-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I see you've gotten better at bio's even though this is still seems bias in my opinion. I specifically checked them out because of this thread and I don't like them honestly. They go from this light melodic singing to this effeminate screaming. I respect your taste in music but eh, I'll pass. If I want screaming I'll go for Opeth or something.

Ryth
08-03-2007, 01:48 PM
I got their album for a friend of mine, and I don't know why she loves it so much. I listened to it and it felt so no frills and awful. There wasn't a single stand-out track on that bad album, so I can't tell you a favourite song, that'd make it look like the band has something redeemable under it's belt.

Masali
08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Wow...

There's absolutely nothing good about this band. My advice to them: Learn how to play your instruments.

Ryth
08-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh god. xD Oh man. xD I really forgot how terrible this band is. Oh god. xD

MomijiTMO
08-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Hmmm I don't really like them much. All they seem to do is scream. There is no variation in the screaming so it becomes incredibly boring after 5 seconds. However, there are some songs that I like IF I'm in one of my emo-ish moods =P

xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx
08-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Wow again xD

Myrra
08-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Once again, plagiarised from another site without credit. :mad:

PUNK NEWS (http://www.punknews.org/bands/alesana)

And Masali..the next time it occurs to you to post a YouTube link here in J-Pop and I'll do more than bad rep you. You knowingly violated the rules.

once again....

CLOSED!!!!