PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft?

ShinnAsuka
08-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know about starcraft is it good or bad im think of getting it and does anyone play online with it?

Darc Satos
08-01-2007, 11:11 PM
http://www.starcraft2.com/
really, its a ok game but thats my opinion.
check out the site, it will tell you everything you need to know

Kitanoru
08-01-2007, 11:23 PM
If you love strategy games you'l love starcraft! Terran in Starcraft Broodwar pwn3d! Nuclear Silos were so deadly and could take out an entire base while the ghosts remain hidden from the enemy.

Go Terran Go! Wo.Ot!

-jumps up and down in excitement for Starcraft 2-!

JustPlaying
08-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Yeah starcarft is awesome! it's one of my fav game's but too bad it's kinda old now but it still awesome though =D. yeah you should play that's my recomendation =D but you should try it out though =D (^ ^)

RickywarZ
08-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Yeah! Starcraft is a great game

P.S. Starcraft 2 is coming soon :D

xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx
08-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I like starcraft so i say it's a great game..>.>

███
08-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Good game, all the teams are really well matched.

zaaaaaz
08-04-2007, 12:43 PM
It's an awesome game if you're into strategy games, but it does kind of have a difficult learning curve at first. But once you get it, it's a great game.

[Deathscythe]
08-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Starcraft was a great game (my opinion).

Look out for Starcraft 2 it's gonna own! (sorry I always get warnings for saying kick***, and so yeah >.>)

I always thought Starcraft didn't really get enough recognition, Command and Conquer was always what got noticed T.T

Pokie Bear
08-04-2007, 06:06 PM
;1794489']
I always thought Starcraft didn't really get enough recognition, Command and Conquer was always what got noticed T.T

Hmm... Probably dependant on the spot where you live. o_O. Starcraft has more than enough recognition. Look @ Korea. They get paid tons of money with that only.

[Deathscythe]
08-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Well yeah lol! ^^; Just not many people really know of it here in the UK and it isn't really big at all (not the area I live at least lol!)

KazuYuki
08-07-2007, 07:39 PM
if you want codes to make the battles even easier i have got them. if you play on a computer this will work out fine.

first press enter and type in show me the money this gives you minerals and gas without having to mine them out of the crystals. when done press back enter.

operation cwal speeds up the processes of building.

medieval man , food for thought , the gathering all these are cheat codes but i can't remember what they do

black sheep wall makes you see every thing.the screen will not be dark you will see everything

and finally there is no cow level ends the game automatically making you the victor!!!

AM I GENEROUS OR WHAT?:D

Finvarra
08-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I love Starcraft.
Hate its BattleNet.
:p

Hanzo
08-07-2007, 10:51 PM
I wonder...why isn't Starcraft 2 not out yet? I thought they were done and ready to release it....

overwatch
08-08-2007, 05:04 AM
First off ShinnAsuka, starcrat is old, and while graphics aren't everything. they are not 3D with water effects; however if you are a fan of games like total anihiation; red alert; etc... then ok. Also, graphics aside, starcraft has the lofty position of being one of the most balanced RTSs of all time, especially with three totally different factions - there is no unit role copying between races so each race really dose require totally different strategies. (to give you an idea dawn of war has regular patches to try and balence out its 7 races and even before the expansion sets, when there were four races, there was still a title wave of balance changes - while to my knowledge starcraft has never had a balance patch)

one the community side for a game that is at least around 10 years old it still has an fully active gameing community;with online matches; tournaments, maps and mods all around the web

zaaaaaz is right taht it has a steep learning curve and I would encourage you to avoid skirmish early on and concentrate on beating the campains; these will teach you much of what you need to know; plus you get a great stroy too! Also - Don't Cheat - while I have been known to use cheats I find that one games, especially new ones, they just make it so easy that the game becomes boring (actually happened to me on starcrat when I first got it - after cheating it sat on my shelf of severa lyears beore I ent back0

All in all, starcraft is one of the best games (my favoueret) and for and old title still holds its head above many new games!

Hanzo, Starcraft 2 isnt out yet because while the graphics engine is built, they are still balancing out the factions and building the story line. As these are the two strongest points of the previous game they will be the most scrutinized and thus they have to get it just right. (just all pray that the they don't put it oindeffinate hold like ghost)

Regex
08-08-2007, 10:52 AM
(to give you an idea dawn of war has regular patches to try and balence out its 7 races and even before the expansion sets, when there were four races, there was still a title wave of balance changes - while to my knowledge starcraft has never had a balance patch)For the record, Starcraft has has many balance changes across all of their patches. They have always been very minor adjustments, and most of the time you don't even notice them.

realms89
08-08-2007, 07:12 PM
it was amazing when it first came out

Sandro
08-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Wow, good old SC. Haven't played in ages... Nonetheless, to this day it is still my absolute favorite computer game of all time! Been looking/reading up on updates for Starcraft 2. Looks pretty impressive, especially with a few of the new Protoss units. What I'm wondering is if the Protoss/Zerg Hybrids will become a playable race.

Wio
08-11-2007, 01:31 AM
It doesn't look like they are adding in extra races but I really wish they would have. They could add races that you play in campain but on an actual VS game (so that there wouldn't need to be balancing and stuff). I wonder what kind of plot they are going to have...
After all, Kerrigan practically anialated the other two races.

Dojoep
08-14-2007, 10:26 AM
My personal opinion starcraft is the best original RTS out there. It really combines a great storyline into amazing gameplay (online is sick too). The interface is straight forward and its fun to play all 3 races

i give it a 10 out of 10

AHQ
08-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Truly one of the greatest games ever.No one can call himself a gamer if he hasnt played that game.Best strategy ever made.I remember playing it with friends at clubs every posssible hour we could get.Very well ballanced and with great storyline and hell yeah its fun

xXAltairXx
08-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Starcraft is by far the best PC Game i have ever played, im addicted to it though X) and my favorite race, is the Protoss.

Starcraft Gets A 10 Out Of 10

Pokie Bear
08-16-2007, 01:50 PM
All that aside, is anyone up for a game of Starcraft with me? o__o

Regex
08-16-2007, 03:48 PM
I would love to try to grind the rust out of my RTS gears sometime. Not now, since I'm at work, but sometime.

Khanxay
08-19-2007, 06:06 PM
if you want codes to make the battles even easier i have got them. if you play on a computer this will work out fine.

first press enter and type in show me the money this gives you minerals and gas without having to mine them out of the crystals. when done press back enter.

operation cwal speeds up the processes of building.

medieval man , food for thought , the gathering all these are cheat codes but i can't remember what they do

black sheep wall makes you see every thing.the screen will not be dark you will see everything

and finally there is no cow level ends the game automatically making you the victor!!!

AM I GENEROUS OR WHAT?:D

Noo...what you do is type with no quotes "Power Overwhelming" and then send a SCV to the enemy base and let it reak havoc.

And to let you know, "Operation Cwal" also affects the enemy...so when attacking their base, the AI will crank out endless amounts of units.

KuroTan
08-28-2007, 10:47 PM
i loved starcraft!it was a really great rts game.but...as someone did say,it is quite an old game already.^^' if uve played any recent rts and then just got into starcraft, ud feel that the AI is a bit, how to say, dumber than other games.

but not reali bad!dont misunderstand me.^^'

it had a really great AI system when it came out. but if u play it now ud see some minor faults like sumtimes, the enemy's just a few squares away but unless u order ur troops to attack, they'll just sit there. or sumtimes the pathfinding is a bit bad. but these are just minor faults.they shuldnt be enuff to make you stop playing such an awesome game.^^

oh, and i cant wait for starcraft 2 to come out too.ive seen the concept art and it is just awesome!lol. XD

Wio
09-04-2007, 03:13 AM
i loved starcraft!it was a really great rts game.but...as someone did say,it is quite an old game already.^^' if uve played any recent rts and then just got into starcraft, ud feel that the AI is a bit, how to say, dumber than other games.

but not reali bad!dont misunderstand me.^^'

it had a really great AI system when it came out. but if u play it now ud see some minor faults like sumtimes, the enemy's just a few squares away but unless u order ur troops to attack, they'll just sit there. or sumtimes the pathfinding is a bit bad. but these are just minor faults.they shuldnt be enuff to make you stop playing such an awesome game.^^

oh, and i cant wait for starcraft 2 to come out too.ive seen the concept art and it is just awesome!lol. XD
Yes, usually the AI would attack in waves or retaliate. If you were close to their troops and did nothing, they could ignore that untill a wave order came. If anything, they wouldn't let you pass them though.
Pathfinding wasn't that bad for me personally. I think there was trouble when you orded them to a beacon though.

I must say the biggest AI flaw was the concept of the computer having all of it's workers chase you if you attacked the base and there were no fighting troops. You only needed to send out a worker to hit the base and they'd try to maul it with all their workers.

ronin_overlordzero
09-08-2007, 10:58 AM
omg starcraft best rts in the galaxy (in my opinion) The ai was great campaign was great, online play, the races very original, just good old fasioned build a base build a army kill your opponent rejoice. Can't wait for starcraft 2!!!!!!!

SkyDrag0n
09-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Yup starcraft requires alot of thinking, the graphics aren't that good but once starcraft 2 comes out it's game over! xD

Stryyder
10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
The strategy differences between the races was the biggest drawing point for me. I have never seen another game where the playable factions were so diverse in all aspects, yet so well balanced. Even in building your base. Terrans used an SCV(worker) to actually build a structure. once done it returned to mining. Zerg lost their worker, as it mutated into the new structure. Protoss worker simply initiated the building warp, then went back to work as it "Warped in". Both Zerg and Protoss had buildspace restrictions, however to balance that they could build more powerful units with fewer structures needed. all in all, just a solid play from start to finish to expansion.

Drunk_Squid
10-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Well I never really got into Starcraft I always played Tiberian Sun online, I was good at that game (usually), my rank wasn't too shabby. But from what I have played and seen and read about Starcraft, I have to say it is just a little overrated, not much, but a little. Sort of like the Halo series. Yeah they are great games but overrated.