PDA

View Full Version : Im Scared. ><

Finvarra
07-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Im getting shots in like, 4 days. Im am so scared that its going to hurt. even the tought of it makes me wanna cry.

Buy anyway, I was wondering how to overcome my fear. Theres got to be an easy way to do it. So tell me, is there? O_o

Jose
07-30-2007, 04:23 PM
hypnotism hope you get over your fear

Aura of the Twilight
07-30-2007, 04:24 PM
The easiest way would be to just get the shots. I get shots ten times a year and I don't even feel them. So I don't think you'll even feel it. There's nothing to worry about.

Tsuna Kadiri
07-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Focus on something else other than just staring at the needle. Start talking to the nurse or think of something else totally different than what is going on at that moment to keep your mind occupied.

But what do I know. This is advice coming from someone who wouldn't care if they got a steak knife shoved in their arm at the doctor's office.

Twig Ee
07-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Shots dont hurt att all, you will barely Feel it, if that doesnt make you feel better then have some guts because Shots are good for you(the shots from the doctor)

Jose
07-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Shots dont hurt att all, you will barely Feel it, if that doesnt make you feel better then have some guts because Shots are good for you(the shots from the doctor)

Yeah but it's the fear not the shot it self they wanna avoid

smile1010
07-30-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm 16, and second to last time I had a shot, I cried.
Anyway, time, i looked away and relaxed my arm, and I just kept on talking to the nurse, i felt a numbing pinch in my arm and it was over.
Just relax and try and forget your not getting a shot.
Although you will be numb and or have a fever
It did with me

Legend_S
07-30-2007, 05:00 PM
When I get shots, I just look away and just think about happy things lol. I also talked to the nurse and she was very kind, she talked me through it and when the needle was going in. No problems at all.

ShinyaZel
07-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Why did I think of a gun shot instead of a needle shot? XDDD Either way, there's really nothing to be scared of. There really is no easy way to go about getting over your fear, in my opinion at least, because there's no point. It takes all but two seconds or so for the needle to be pierced into you. You'll be fine.

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-30-2007, 05:06 PM
I feel ya. I'm still afraid of needles, even though I know that they don't hurt too much. I'm beginning to think that it's some sort of phobia.

I wouldn't know how to overcome to fear, since I still have the fear myself. o_O

Sagat
07-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Im getting shots in like, 4 days. Im am so scared that its going to hurt. even the tought of it makes me wanna cry.

Buy anyway, I was wondering how to overcome my fear. Theres got to be an easy way to do it. So tell me, is there? O_o

No. You acknowledge the fear and then do it anyways.

International 4-8818
07-30-2007, 06:11 PM
This is what i do, it takes like what 2 seconds. thats all. You are stressing the fact that it is going to hurt a lot. Butch up, it doesn't hurt.

Flah Blah
07-30-2007, 06:11 PM
The trick is to acknowledge that the person who's giving you the needle knows what he/she is doing and he/she will do his/her best to minimize any pain whatsoever. ( Unless, you're getting your blood taken by medical lab technician course students. Yikes, that was nerve racking.)

Anyway, singing a song in your head helps. Or heck, sing it aloud.

Overlord Darth Fluffles
07-30-2007, 06:16 PM
...Jenn has a fear of needles, anywho moving on.

Simple you just stab yourself in the arm until you're used to the pain. Therfore you won't feel it when you get it.

OR

Completely sever your nerves in your arms or wherever you're getting the shots so you don't feel it (Though this will be pretty painful)

Ok most of that was ajoke. Just get the shots. Look away think of something else (Boyfriend, happy stuff). I get allergy Shots, I've been getting them for the past five years. Just flood yourself of the fear, it will go away.

Ωmega
07-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Whats so scary about a little needle? It doesnt hurt. Its just a little pinch really. Just go right now, and pinch your arm. Its not like theyre going to saw your arm off or anything o_O

Capernicus
07-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Hey, better a shot than what could happen if you dont get them.

Flah Blah
07-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Whats so scary about a little needle? It doesnt hurt. Its just a little pinch really. Just go right now, and pinch your arm. Its not like theyre going to saw your arm off or anything o_O

The so-called " pain" that you would get from a needle shouldn't be frightening.
There is, however, a lot to be scared of while you're "getting the needle."
Especially if the doctor/nurse misses, or if you have collapsible or rolling veins.
Because then they'll have to dig the needle in a little bit and start looking around, which can actually be really painful and dangerous.

Reniti
07-30-2007, 07:10 PM
No. You acknowledge the fear and then do it anyways.

Exactly. I'm such a wuss about needles. You just have to go through with it. If the nurse is good, (s)he'll comfort you. Take out all the strain on your muscles and expect a huge pain. You won't feel anything, just something small making contact on your skin.

If you compare the "pain" of the actual shot to what you expect, you realize it's no big deal.

Masali
07-30-2007, 07:20 PM
It's all just psychological, it barely hurts. Nothing we could say automatically "cure" you of this fear so...you're basically boned if don't get over it.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Memorize and then say the following:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Over, and over, and over again, as many times as is necessary.

Elvore
07-30-2007, 08:40 PM
it doesn't hurt just focus on somthing else and you will be fine

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
07-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Shots... *shudders* I remember the last time I had them
God I was so afraid, but I'm afraid of hospitals and doctors and such...
Well just try to relax, never works for me, but seems to work for others. So just relax and think HAPPY thoughts.
DON'T THINK ABOUT BEING JABBED WITH A LITTLE NEEDLE!

Marshmallow Fluff
07-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Shots... *shudders* I remember the last time I had them
God I was so afraid, but I'm afraid of hospitals and doctors and such...
Well just try to relax, never works for me, but seems to work for others. So just relax and think HAPPY thoughts.
DON'T THINK ABOUT BEING JABBED WITH A LITTLE NEEDLE!

I don't like hospitals and all that stuff as much as you do. :(

OminousCloud
07-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Just don't think about it, the pain is all in your head!

BuLmA
08-10-2007, 04:29 AM
Just make yourself busy & don't forget to pray.

zyronet
08-10-2007, 04:39 AM
Face your fear, besides you needed it anyways..

.Lovebeat
08-10-2007, 08:03 AM
If you just relax, it wont hurt AS MUCH as if you wouldn't relax. >.>
Think about something that makes you calm or talk to the nurse.

Elphaba
08-12-2007, 09:29 AM
do not think about it if you do you will make it worse.
just get it over with.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
08-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I used to be scared of shots too. But now, believe it of not, ... I kinda miss them >.<
Shots aren't that painful. >.> It's just like an ant bit you. Just a tiny bite. That's all it is.

yoko.......
08-12-2007, 01:43 PM
they hurt soo much RUN AWAY HURRY!!
it hurts so bad!
i cry the whole time when i get one! =/

LiLi.
08-17-2007, 05:03 AM
Well i guess you're alright now haiiii?

~RiOtFoRpHoEnIx~
08-17-2007, 05:12 AM
It sucks being afraid of needles and having shots..
I'm scared of them too ... but not as much now as I used to be
Hope it all went okay *nods*

Ari_86
08-17-2007, 05:44 AM
Well im afraid of geting shots too....Stupid little needles *shivers*

Im not sure how to over come it but usally me, i just kinda clench my fist reeeeeeeeal tight and think about somthing that really makes me happy and then i dont totaly think about the stupid shot. :D Hope i helped ya out some.

Sorry you have to go get a shot....you have my sympathy.

Ami~chan
08-17-2007, 06:03 AM
1. RELAX. Tension can turn a little prick into something that can really hurt.

2. DON'T LOOK. If you see the needle coming, it will most likely make you even more nervous. Don't look at the needle while she's stickin' you. It'll make you tense up, trust me.

3. BREATH. Close your eyes, think of something pleasant, clear your mind of negative thoughts. Breath in deep, and out slow.

You'd be surprised how much these three things help. I'm not a fan of shots, but I deal with them alot better than I used to.

realms89
08-17-2007, 06:09 AM
give blood yearly you get money and you will get used to it

Zedekiah
08-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Just be happy you're not getting shot instead of shots. Could always be worse, that's usually my way of thinking.

Fabala
08-17-2007, 07:01 AM
The best thing you can do? Don't listen to the people who tell you it "won't hurt." It will. I won't lie to you. The injected fluid actually hurts more than the needle prick itself, which is something I found nobody ever tells you. So I will.

The fact is, if you go in there expecting it not to hurt, you will come out more frightened than ever when it does. Go in there, expect a little pain, but know that you'll come out of it just fine. And ask plenty of questions if you're nervous. The nurses I've met have been perfectly fine with walking me through the procedure so I know exactly what every tool is for, and where it's going. That helped. The unknown is probably the scariest thing about it. Once you've been through it, it's cake.

MomijiTMO
08-17-2007, 07:11 AM
LOL. It's a needle. It might hurt you BUT it's way better than the alternative. I'd rather suffer a little than to have some kind of disease later on.

Oh and needles don't hurt when you are older. I don't know how but I went from a pansy to not feeling them.

Fabala
08-17-2007, 07:18 AM
I don't think it's that they don't hurt when you're older so much as it is you know what to expect, and you have a higher tolerance for pain. I don't see a reason they would feel different due solely to age o.O An adult who was getting a shot for the first time would certainly feel it, I think.

jechocochan
08-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Well I have something to add. Other than relaxing and breathing, try to look for something interesting or pretty to focus your attention on. When I was little I had to get a needle and I was watching a screen with a heat image of a person on it. I was paying so much attention to that I didn't even notice the needle. Distraction is the way to go.

You'll not notice the needle go into you. Just the fluid. The fluid hurts. Not much though.

Nejilover77
08-17-2007, 09:23 AM
im afraid of needles. *shivers* ugh.....but what you can do is don't think bout it or you can shut you eyes. most people already took what i was going to say so......hmm........

Famahama
08-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Just dont tense your arm up when you're taking shots.
Talking to the doctor could also help (I did it. Quite effective, really)

ShadowtheWarWolf
08-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Well, just think of it this way. Crying isn't gonna make your pain go away. Just think of all the ppl who are suffering in the world and that the shots are insignificant compared to them.