PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever....

BlazingSoul
07-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Has anyone ever committing suicide? If yes but you lived or you were thinking of doing so, how would you do it? Well for me I have to near death experiences. One was when I was young Cogh*accident* cough and the other was not too long ago... Just a few months I guess, right after a certain incedent. For some reason I don't fear death that much as normal people would and the gushing of blood doesn't bug me either. The " not affraid to die" was a comment social helper though but then again I guess it's true.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
07-29-2007, 10:21 AM
wow. Well, I wouldn't kill myself in real life. Because there are soo many more things to do in life, I mean, I haven't watched all the animes yet O.O ... XD
Yeah, I wouldn't do that in real life ... or would I ... XD

Twig Ee
07-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Commiting Suicide is very Selfish because you are Easing your own pain(by giving up on life) but at the same time you are causing horrible emotional pain to the ones who care about you, Besides no one will post in this because if you commit suicide you die but if you commit suicide and dont die its just called atempting suicide. SO, DONT BE A WEINER AND COMMIT SUICIDE, HAVE SOME GUTS AND LIVE TO FACE YOUR PROBLEM

Petrol Gas
07-29-2007, 12:48 PM
lol...

You guys sounds like textbooks, you have nothing to say except for what everyone already knows...
uh...
I never tried to commit suicide but I thought about it for a little. I don't want to die. I'm not afraid of death, I just wanna live longer. Yeah, it's selfish. I don't care that much.

If I did kill myself I would definitely do it by gunshot to the head. It's supposed to be quick and painless, but especially there's not any arduous bleeding or thinking about regrets. Guns aren't that hard to get.

Sobriquet
07-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Commiting Suicide is very Selfish because you are Easing your own pain(by giving up on life) but at the same time you are causing horrible emotional pain to the ones who care about you.

I agree with this.

I have never try to commit suicide nor have I thought about it.

drm0ney
07-29-2007, 12:57 PM
lol...

If I did kill myself I would definitely do it by gunshot to the head. It's supposed to be quick and painless, but especially there's not any arduous bleeding or thinking about regrets. Guns aren't that hard to get.

I've had a friends dad did that. Suicide is not a happy thing.
I've know 4 people who have killed themselves and have thought about it myself, i don't recomend it, really i don't. If you just keep going and find even one friend life gets better. There's a reason my sig says what it does (the stuff in green not red!)
So if you'd like to talk more about it, i feels its kinda personal so i'm not going to put too much in a post, PM me.

Lunafreya Fleuret
07-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Mehhh.. I thought about it once a few months ago. And NO I'm not emo. ._.' A friend of mine had died in a car wreck and I didn't want to live without her. Soo.. yeah, another friend of mine stopped mehs and I will not say who it was. =3 So if you think of going suicidal, think about how the people would feel that knew you.

Grim Scythe
07-29-2007, 02:22 PM
no because it wouldn't solve anything, pointlessness really

Gr1mmy
07-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Suicide... Only use it when your about to be devoured by zombies or your the last person on Earth =/

International 4-8818
07-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Well what a charming topic. Uh suicide is the dumbest thing to do. as someone said in this thread it is most indeed selfish because your are satisfying your own needs when others cared for you are going to be pulled down from your own needs of ending your life. The whole thought of committing suicide is very dangerous and is a desperate cry for medical help. I quote a famous philosopher said, "DON'T DO IT!!"- Dr. Drew.

Eris
07-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Commiting Suicide is very Selfish because you are Easing your own pain(by giving up on life) but at the same time you are causing horrible emotional pain to the ones who care about you, Besides no one will post in this because if you commit suicide you die but if you commit suicide and dont die its just called atempting suicide. SO, DONT BE A WEINER AND COMMIT SUICIDE, HAVE SOME GUTS AND LIVE TO FACE YOUR PROBLEM

Everything has it's time and it's place. I agree wholeheartedly it's stupid to off yourself because of some emotional issues you have in high school, but if you've found out you've got a horrible disease that will ensure a long, slow and agonizing demise, I would sure consider it.

Bucky Katt
07-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Nah. Never considered it. To put it bluntly, I think killing yourself (in some situations) would be a waste of time. What would you, the suicidee, get out of it? Fulfillment? I don't think you will think, or feel, so after the blood starts pouring or the noose starts constricting. Maybe you would if you were depressed (or drugged) enough. But there's enough humanity in all of us that gets as frightened as a child during their first thunderstorm without their mother to comfort them.

And what'll you leave behind you? Depression for your family, high costs for your family (what with the funeral arrangements and investigations into the cause of your death), and probably another future suicide by a close friend or family member.

Maybe you aren't afraid to die that way, Blazing, and if that is so, you are a braver soul than I.

Princess Cupcake
07-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I don't need to kill myself.
Never thought about it either.
Don't think I will.

Konata Izumi
07-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Never thought of it or tried it, if I did I'd go see a psychiatrist.

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
07-29-2007, 05:23 PM
I like being alive. It's fun. and if I wasn't aliv,e I wouldn't be typing this, and I love typing things. <3 >xD

Eris
07-29-2007, 05:26 PM
You guys are so two dimensional. As I've already illustrated, there are more reasons for suicide than depression.

People actually do occasionally end up in a point in life where there is no going back, where there IS no light in the end of the tunnel. I've already mentioned incurable, slow and deadly illnesses.

Another scenario: Imagine you're holed up in a hotel room, a SWAT team is on the other side of the door, they're out to get you for a murder you did commit (for some reason). You know you will get a death sentence: Is it still selfish and pointless to use the gun in your hand to off yourself now, and save yourself the lengthy legal process and the time on death row?

Don't get me wrong, suicide because of depression is just as meaningless as you so vividly illustrate. But what if there really is no future, and it isn't all in your head? No chance, no hope? Still selfish to kill yourself?

Bucky Katt
07-29-2007, 05:35 PM
You guys are so two dimensional. As I've already illustrated, there are more reasons for suicide than depression.

People actually do occasionally end up in a point in life where there is no going back, where there IS no light in the end of the tunnel. I've already mentioned incurable, slow and deadly illnesses.

Another scenario: Imagine you're holed up in a hotel room, a SWAT team is on the other side of the door, they're out to get you for a murder you did commit (for some reason). You know you will get a death sentence: Is it still selfish and pointless to use the gun in your hand to off yourself now, and save yourself the lengthy legal process and the time on death row?

Don't get me wrong, suicide because of depression is just as meaningless as you so vividly illustrate. But what if there really is no future, and it isn't all in your head? No chance, no hope? Still selfish to kill yourself?

From the suicidee's point of view, no. From the family of the killed person, in a distorted way, yes.

The family would wanna know why the suicidee killed the person and would want to 'avenge' the dead loved one.

But you do add a 3-D perspective to the argument with the "no chance, no hope" point.

Eris
07-29-2007, 05:48 PM
From the suicidee's point of view, no. From the family of the killed person, in a distorted way, yes.

The family would wanna know why the suicidee killed the person and would want to 'avenge' the dead loved one.

But you do add a 3-D perspective to the argument with the "no chance, no hope" point.

What is concern is that to the suicidee? And if s/he feels this is important, the suicidee can just scribble a note explaining his/her actuions before he blows his brains out...

As for the revenge point, I never bought that idea. The legal system is not supposed to deliver sadistic pleasure to the victims; it is supposed to deter crime through intimidation of consequences, and prevent criminals from repeating their deeds. Nothing more, nothing less.

Aulos
07-29-2007, 05:51 PM
I've definitely thought about it, but I'm way to weak to actually do it.

Eris
07-29-2007, 05:58 PM
I've definitely thought about it, but I'm way to weak to actually do it.

I won't try to give you advice on this, because I'm not qualified to and may thus end up doing a lot more harm than good. Instead I will tell you that you should and need to go visit a psychiatrist and talk to them about this.

Buruku
07-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Has anyone ever committing suicide?
Lots of times, its how I spend my weekends.

Aulos
07-29-2007, 06:04 PM
I won't try to give you advice on this, because I'm not qualified to and may thus end up doing a lot more harm than good. Instead I will tell you that you should and need to go visit a psychiatrist and talk to them about this.

Oh don't worry about it, there's no way I could ever get around to doing it. It's simple, I'm to weak willed to do it.

The last time I seriously thought about it was like late 2004 or something.

Eris
07-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Lots of times, its how I spend my weekends.

Yeah I know. It's like song stuck in your head, you help doing it. Once I blew my head off with a shotgun, chopped off my hands and hung myself from the ceiling fan all in the same day. LOL!!1! There were brains and blood everywhere! The land lord was so bummed.

Buruku
07-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah I know. It's like song stuck in your head, you help doing it. Once I blew my head off with a shotgun, chopped off my hands and hung myself from the ceiling fan all in the same day. LOL!!1! There were brains and blood everywhere! The land lord was so bummed.
We have so much in common, we should totally hang out. Last one dead is a rotten egg!!

Eris
07-29-2007, 07:02 PM
We have so much in common, we should totally hang out. Last one dead is a rotten egg!!

Let's race to the gas station with scissors in our hands and light cigarettes near the petrol pumps!

Alicaryn Silentread
07-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Suicide. o_o; Wow. Um....no. I've thought about it, when I was younger and ignorant and thought that would be a nice easy SELFISH way out. But thank god I hung in there and I'm a happier person now, 4 years and one straight jacket less later. =D

Grim Scythe
07-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Let's race to the gas station with scissors in our hands and light cigarettes near the petrol pumps!

*butts in with freakishly high-pitched mocking laughter*
HEEEHAEAEAHEHEAHEAAAAHEEEHIIIIIIHIHHHHEEEAHEAAAHAH AAAAHAHAHEEHEHIIHIHIHEHEHGHGEGHEEAHGAHIIIIIIIIIYEH EEEEEEEE

Acnologia
07-29-2007, 08:50 PM
If you commit suicide just because of bad things happening now. You'll never see the good things the future holds.

Ill admit that I have tried multiple times in grade 7, but I was having the crap beaten out of me everyday anyway so it didn't really make a difference o_o

BlazingSoul
07-30-2007, 04:04 AM
If you commit suicide just because of bad things happening now. You'll never see the good things the future holds.

Ill admit that I have tried multiple times in grade 7, but I was having the crap beaten out of me everyday anyway so it didn't really make a difference o_o[/quote]

I know that's true... Even though it might be selfish, it sometimes is the only choice that pops up in one persons mind. The future may hold a lot of bright things but what worth is it if you don't spend it with the one you care most. I kno that there might be someone out there that I may like but what use is it if I can't let go. For me I guess I'm better of dead. Only problem is the people I leave behind so that's the only thread that's holding me back, everything else $ucks in my life.

zyronet
07-30-2007, 05:04 AM
I never thought of committing a suicide before. [i pity to those who love me>__> (kidding)]. I somehow agree to what Eris has said in the deadly disease part [but still a part of me, kinda disagree]. Suicide is not the only way to run or escape problems. Problems i say, since its the best reason they've got why one person would commit suicide.
Face the reality. Doing such means that you've surrender and that would just make you a loser.

Bucky Katt
07-30-2007, 12:46 PM
I know that's true... Even though it might be selfish, it sometimes is the only choice that pops up in one persons mind. The future may hold a lot of bright things but what worth is it if you don't spend it with the one you care most. I kno that there might be someone out there that I may like but what use is it if I can't let go. For me I guess I'm better of dead. Only problem is the people I leave behind so that's the only thread that's holding me back, everything else $ucks in my life.

It's still worth a lot, Blazing. You'd be surprised. Someone out there does like you, and the use of that person will help you to rise out of the suicidal stage of life. Not letting go is what's damaging your brain. MOVE ON. You're not helping yourself by staying where the pain is. Staying at the stage of life where a loved one, a grandfather for example, dies or moves out of your life. It's no good to simply flop down in that place of solitude and complain that you can't let go.

You're not letting yourself out of the pain. And you really, really need to.

As for everything sucks in your life, I would ask you to refrain from repeating it, however true it may be. That phrase drives people away from helping you, and, honestly, it does not boost the "Aw, it'll be alright" replies. All you'll get is a sweet helping of "Get over it." I'm just telling you this so that you know ahead of time, what that phrase'll get you into.

Elvore
07-30-2007, 09:23 PM
emo

smile1010
07-30-2007, 09:24 PM
I tried to once, I didn't have the guts, I was to afraid of how it would feel.
I ended up finding sanctuary with my friends.
They're my true life, also my boyfriend..he means alot to me

emo
Rude..

Guerrera
07-30-2007, 09:32 PM
I gotta agree, that was rude.

To you and anyone else who's thinking of doing this, PLEASE seek out a counselor.
I know a couple of good ones that may be able to help you out.

Marshmallow Fluff
07-30-2007, 10:31 PM
lol...

You guys sounds like textbooks, you have nothing to say except for what everyone already knows...
uh...
I never tried to commit suicide but I thought about it for a little. I don't want to die. I'm not afraid of death, I just wanna live longer. Yeah, it's selfish. I don't care that much.

I agree with you. X3

Dark_Awakening
08-02-2007, 09:11 PM
.... I can guess what happened. If not suicide vengence will be the case but I know it's impossible for you.

Maledictis Voca
08-02-2007, 09:46 PM
The only reason I'd commit suicide is if my boyfriend, who I love more than anyone could love anything, died and I'd kill myself just to be with him but other than that I don't really see any point. But if I did do so, a gunshot to the head would be my choice. Or maybe the heart, since there is the slight chance of surviving the headshot, believe it or not...

I have never tried to commit suicide and I really haven't thought much about it.

Wio
08-02-2007, 09:55 PM
The legal system is not supposed to deliver sadistic pleasure to the victims; it is supposed to deter crime through intimidation of consequences, and prevent criminals from repeating their deeds. Nothing more, nothing less.
That's actually an opinion of what it should do. The legal system can only respond to an action with a reaction. You do a crime, get conviceted, and you get a sentence. Most people believe that there should be consequences to actions, but we all have different opinions on why.

As for suicide... it isn't illegal. However it is illegal if you fail, which is called 'attempted suicide'. So, if you're a failure at life, you better not be a failure at death, there are ironic consequences.

BlazingSoul
08-03-2007, 04:50 AM
It's still worth a lot, Blazing. You'd be surprised. Someone out there does like you, and the use of that person will help you to rise out of the suicidal stage of life. Not letting go is what's damaging your brain. MOVE ON. You're not helping yourself by staying where the pain is. Staying at the stage of life where a loved one, a grandfather for example, dies or moves out of your life. It's no good to simply flop down in that place of solitude and complain that you can't let go.

You're not letting yourself out of the pain. And you really, really need to.

As for everything sucks in your life, I would ask you to refrain from repeating it, however true it may be. That phrase drives people away from helping you, and, honestly, it does not boost the "Aw, it'll be alright" replies. All you'll get is a sweet helping of "Get over it." I'm just telling you this so that you know ahead of time, what that phrase'll get you into.

Who ever said I wanted "Aw, it'll be alright" replies? You're pretty judgmental of others aren't you?

Azel
08-03-2007, 05:41 AM
I cause the suicide attempts, I'm not the one doing it.

Fabala
08-03-2007, 05:55 AM
Has anyone ever committing suicide? If yes but you lived or you were thinking of doing so, how would you do it? Well for me I have to near death experiences. One was when I was young Cogh*accident* cough and the other was not too long ago... Just a few months I guess, right after a certain incedent. For some reason I don't fear death that much as normal people would and the gushing of blood doesn't bug me either. The " not affraid to die" was a comment social helper though but then again I guess it's true.
Maybe it's the hour. Maybe it's not. But asking if anyone has ever committed suicide had me laughing to tears.

Anyway. I considered it once, a very long time ago. I didn't tell anyone at the time and still didn't for a very long time afterwards. I decided then that there wasn't anything so upsetting, so difficult to overcome, that it required I take my own life. It wasn't a matter of sin, or guilt, but of me putting things into perspective, for myself. And that was a personal decision because, lord knows, I've seen enough attempts made by people near me to know not everyone is going to place the same value on themself.

Bucky Katt
08-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Who ever said I wanted "Aw, it'll be alright" replies? You're pretty judgmental of others aren't you?

I'm judgmental. xD Maybe I am? Anyway, I never said that you wanted "Aw, it'll be alright" answers. That's how some people reply when confronted with "My life sucks."

What I said was that it drives people away from helping you, and you started this thread to see if others had ever thought of commiting suicide. Well, my train of thought lead me to think that (though you didn't say it) you were looking for advice, or even something else that helped you come to the conclusion "Hey, I'm not the only one who's ever felt lonely." Obviously, my train of thought's still got a long way to go before I can actually think right. =)

Anyway, sorry for thinking that you wanted "Aw, it'll be alright" replies.

emo

My train of thought also thinks it's somewhat funny that this is not judgmental. o_o