PDA

View Full Version : Supermarket road rage

Eris
07-28-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't know if I'm the only person that gets this, but I've got the most epic case of supermarket road rage you'll ever come across. You know the story all too well, you're buying some junk, and you get stuck behind a person or persons (depending on their and the aisle's size) that walks soooooooo unbaaareablllyyy slooooooooow. Even worse is it when they have kids who uncontrollably run in all directions, managing to move around, block the entire aisle, and not move an inch all at the same time.

Something about this makes me absolutely furious. If I was sitting in a car, I would roll the window down, bash the horn vehemently, wave my fist outside the window and swear loudly in French. But this is reality, so my fury is vented in other ways. For an instance, I've inadvertently squeezed the handle of a shopping cart into a whole new shape with my hands at one time.

So, does anyone share my supermarket road rage?

Twig Ee
07-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I've never had that rage but if i was put in that situation I would be very angrey

UrusaiSevera
07-28-2007, 04:52 PM
oooh even worse... Those blasted brats, kicking and screaming, throwing a fit in the middle of the store, because they can't get this or that... Really...Just leave those darn kids at grandma's or something when you go grocery shopping... and get your big butt out the way... I want to pass >>

Twig Ee
07-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Oh yeah and the mom is hopelessly trying to get them to behave, ARGH it gets me so mad, so very very MAD

Eris
07-28-2007, 05:02 PM
oooh even worse... Those blasted brats, kicking and screaming, throwing a fit in the middle of the store, because they can't get this or that... Really...Just leave those darn kids at grandma's or something when you go grocery shopping... and get your big butt out the way... I want to pass >>

Heh, I remember this anecdote, I'm not sure if I heard someone recount the events, or how I heard it, but this guy really is my hero. He was standing in line, and this kid behind him kept ramming his mother's shopping cart into his back. It went on for a couple of minutes, and nothing happened. When all of the sudden, he turned around without saying anything or moving a muscle in his face, he subsequently picked up a box of cereal from the cart behind him and poured the contents over the mother's head.

Seriously, he should get a diploma or something.

Twig Ee
07-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Its good to know that atleast someone had the guts to do that and Stand up to them

Flah Blah
07-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Haha, how I absolutely abhor grocery shopping because of mothers and children like that. This one time, there was these demonic "children" playing in the frozen foods section, and I wanted to buy a carton of ice-cream. But those little devils were running with around with their dirty hands and knocking stuff down all over the place. I was surprised the store manager didn't come down.

And the stupid mother of those silly kids was looking at a box of Slim Fast™ while talking on the phone! She didn't even care what her children were doing! I had to restrain myself from punting all of them out of the city.

However thankfully enough, my friend was there and he tapped the mother on the shoulder and told her that if she didn't control her kids he'd call security. And then he advanced over to the children, grabbed the two boys by the arms and put them both in the mother's shopping cart and scolded them about their faults.

Still, as much as I have a hight patience with people and especially children, they were really out of line. It was insane.

Masali
07-28-2007, 05:29 PM
One thing worse than being a shopper stuck behind the slow customer is being the cashier waiting on the slow checker with the bajillion kids. Oh how I hate them...

And if they pay with a credit/debit card I go through the whole "Ok, select payment type and THEN slide your card" so they look square at me and slide their card and select the payment type, which DOESN'T WORK! And they yell at me like it's my fault for their stupidity. And then when they cancel it out by taking too damn long I had a lady accuse me of canceling it out on purpose because I guess she just thought I was a mean spirited person. Everyone else had no problem with me and how sickeningly nice I am on the job, but HER...she must've thought when I looked at her I thought "OH I'M GONNA SCREW HER OVER SO BAD HER GRANDCHILDREN WILL HAVE TO BE ON THE PILL!" so obviously it was my malicious intent to cancel out and reset the EFT terminal on her to waste MY time and the other NOT retarded customers! I hate the store I work in...freaking spoiled mainline botox injected skanks with 12 kids or whatever...

bttr
07-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I would roll the window down, bash the horn vehemently, wave my fist outside the window and swear loudly in French

lmao French ,Random yet funny

For me I can wait unless I got to go somewhere.

MomijiTMO
07-28-2007, 06:07 PM
LMAO

Well I actually get angry. The worst kind of shopper is the business mother who is juggling 2 kids and her work cell phone. She is trying so hard to do all jobs but fails at all three. She ends up letting her kids go on a rampage and is often idle in the MIDDLE of the isle. If you say anything to her, you know she will explode so you remain quiet.

However, if it's anyone else I will abuse the hell out of them if I am in a bad mood. On numerious occassions, I have yelled at people. I usually start off with, "Excuse me," spoken in a rather rude manner. If they don't move I then elevate my rage status and yell, "Move!" People then part the isle and I feel like Moses.

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
07-28-2007, 06:12 PM
GAH! One reasons humans annoy me. Sometimes, Il'll end up actually growling at people in stores because of crap they tend to do.

vixen_wolf
07-28-2007, 06:17 PM
this is about the weridest thread iv ever seen XD iv not had that happen at the store but, when i was going to regulr school there would be kids like that....i gruop of like girls er somthing waling slowinly and chatting about stupid **** blocking thw whole god danm hallway!!!!! garrrrrrrrr yeah i undertsand dude

Buruku
07-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Oh yes, yes I do have supermarket road rage. It seems that everytime I walk out of some place like wal-mart I become a little more racist.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-28-2007, 09:21 PM
I work in a Supermarket. I know the people you speak of. I don't even care anymore. I get paid my nearly 13 cents a minute to deal with them, find blameless ways to ruin their day (Oh? Your peaches ended up under the canned corn?), or run the opposite direction and look busy as I so choose.

Sagat
07-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Happens to me all the time in friggen walmart.

OminousCloud
07-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Ah yes, a rage I know all too well, it's enough to make you want to knock them out! But instead I just casually add things to their shopping carts while they're not looking and then go on my merry way xD

Petrol Gas
07-29-2007, 01:54 AM
Yeah, and I hate it. I don't really want to go on a bashing rant of the service industry though. I hate them soooooo much...

Marshmallow Fluff
07-29-2007, 03:03 AM
Ah yes, a rage I know all too well, it's enough to make you want to knock them out! But instead I just casually add things to their shopping carts while they're not looking and then go on my merry way xD

Lol XD

███
07-29-2007, 04:27 AM
That is because they are all morons...

It's impossible to stay on one side of the isle, it takes the entire isle to decide whether or not it's worth getting the reduced price custard, chances are your family might not be able to finish it off before the expiry date.

I won't get started on my rage in a supermarket, cause I would be up for bad rep with all my cursing.

zyronet
07-29-2007, 05:22 AM
I don't encounter those rage that much. But when the situations becomes really annoying like the babies are crying, and the parents won't even try to stop them and kids throwing stuffs at me or even worse. I will get mad, really mad.
I do have patience when it comes to elders.

Eris
07-29-2007, 06:41 AM
I don't encounter those rage that much. But when the situations becomes really annoying like the babies are crying, and the parents won't even try to stop them and kids throwing stuffs at me or even worse. I will get mad, really mad.
I do have patience when it comes to elders.

I usually have patience with elders, except when they come in large groups. A small store near my parents house has the worst infestation of old people you'll ever see. At a very specific time, usually 2-3 PM they all come, atleast 5, but some times 10 people flock to this small grocery store. Time and time again I've made the mistake of entering while they're there. They absolutely lay siege to the place. You can't get anywhere. You can't get out. You can't reach your groceries. You can't do anything...

Queen-of-Mars
07-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Parents need to not let their monkeys run around, screaming and doing whatever they want. It also annoys me when a person is ready to check out, gets all their items scanned in and suddenly decides they dont want something anymore. Ugh.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-29-2007, 08:39 AM
I usually have patience with elders, except when they come in large groups. A small store near my parents house has the worst infestation of old people you'll ever see. At a very specific time, usually 2-3 PM they all come, atleast 5, but some times 10 people flock to this small grocery store. Time and time again I've made the mistake of entering while they're there. They absolutely lay siege to the place. You can't get anywhere. You can't get out. You can't reach your groceries. You can't do anything...
Have you tried dressing as the Grim Reaper? That tends to get old people to pay attention to your presence and give you a wide berth.

genericusername2
07-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Mostly everyone are morons. They walk slowly holding everyone up, then decide to stop in the middle of an aisle. They have no idea they are hogging the whole friggen' space. I'm sick of it, why the hell do they stop their trolleys in the middle of an aisle?

They are inconsiderate. Can't wait till someone attacks them.

Saejima Kouga
07-29-2007, 10:36 AM
However, if it's anyone else I will abuse the hell out of them if I am in a bad mood. On numerious occassions, I have yelled at people. I usually start off with, "Excuse me," spoken in a rather rude manner. If they don't move I then elevate my rage status and yell, "Move!" People then part the isle and I feel like Moses.

ROFLMHO
I've done that before. I do my best to be nice, I won't just suddenly do that out of nowhere------unless I'm in a bad mood to begin with.

What I really hate is when someone SEES you going for something, and they do their best (an usually succeed) to beat you to it. Then they stand there for the next 15 minutes reading labels or prices or something. So you leave and come back a few times, and they'll STILL be there! And when they finally acknowledge you they go "Oh. Sorry." I'm like "If you don't get outta my way you're gonna be." (though that part I never say.) Another one I love is some slow jerk parking their "buggy" infront of where you need to be at, and then take all day to move. I've actually moved them outta the way before. I don't like taking a long time in a store, so I zip though as quickly as possible. And have you ever had someone just FOLLOW you around in a store? They're not necessarily stalking, but it's like "ooh I want some of those kinds of buns" or maybe "I'll take one of him" and I believe alot of them would throw me in the cart, were it possible. I mean c'mon people, what happened to common courtesy and wisdom? When in a public place, don't do this sorta junk.

UrusaiSevera
07-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Oooh yes the "followers", the "move where you are going movers", the "why are you moving my cart shoppers" and worst of all "I can't controll my annoying offspring people".... How I'd like to kick them all and be on my merry way

Bucky Katt
07-29-2007, 04:35 PM
I try to avoid the market of superness whenever I can. If it can't be helped, my mom usually makes it up to me by treating us both to ice cream afterwards. Whee. <3

What I really can't stand is when that little kid drives by in that toy car-thing, bawling their little heart out. Absolutely screaming their vocal cords into oblivion. All because they couldn't get a pack of Chips Ahoy or Smartfood. One of those kind of kids drove over my foot! Did they stop crying!? NO.

Tsuna Kadiri
07-29-2007, 04:40 PM
There is nothing more annoying than screaming children. The only thing that might be a little more annoying are the brain dead parents that can't keep their kids under control.

Really. If you know you can't control five kids all under the age of 7, then why even risk the chance of taking them all into a place where you know they will not behave. Ask a neighbor to watch them for an hour or something. It's rude and disrespectful to the people around you when your children are climbing up the shelves and throwing temper tantrums.

Though I would rather deal with those families in a grocery store opposed to being in a resturant where those hellspawn children are screaming and yelling where people are trying to relax and enjoy their meal.

Eris
07-29-2007, 04:42 PM
I try to avoid the market of superness whenever I can. If it can't be helped, my mom usually makes it up to me by treating us both to ice cream afterwards. Whee. <3

I live virtually a cat toss from a super market, and the only other nearby store is really far away in comparison, so I'm not so lucky.

Bucky Katt
07-29-2007, 04:53 PM
I live virtually a cat toss from a super market, and the only other nearby store is really far away in comparison, so I'm not so lucky.

Aw..;_; Well, look on the bright side! You get to...to-you know...Um. >_>
Oh! When La Tomatina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomatina) comes around, you can be well prepared.

But, yeah. Jokes, old people invading the prune aisle, screaming demonators and ignorant parental units aside, living near one can't be all that bad.

Eris
07-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Aw..;_; Well, look on the bright side! You get to...to-you know...Um. >_>
Oh! When La Tomatina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomatina) comes around, you can be well prepared.

But, yeah. Jokes, old people invading the prune aisle, screaming demonators and ignorant parental units aside, living near one can't be all that bad.

You don't actually need to buy all that much all that often. Most often, you're only there to buy one or two things. And if standing in line for fifteen minutes is bad with a cart full of groceries, try doing it with nothing but a jar of pickles in your hands.

Bucky Katt
07-29-2007, 05:07 PM
You don't actually need to buy all that much all that often. Most often, you're only there to buy one or two things. And if standing in line for fifteen minutes is bad with a cart full of groceries, try doing it with nothing but a jar of pickles in your hands.

Mm, pickles. I can imagine how low your boiling point is, though, after dealing with the trials of that market of superness

Masali
07-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Another thing that bothers me, on both the consumer level and the employee level is the people who spend upwards of 500 dollars at the grocery store. On the employee level, I've had someone spend 540 dollars on groceries. They needed two carts. I asked "Are these orders separate?" My response was "No, they're together!". I asked then "Having a party?" since apparently somewhere in my job description it says I need to be nice and have small talk and they said "No just shopping"...

Ok, now either you have 20 kids or you shop once every 6 months. I know sometimes it gets backed up on you and you spend 200+ in the store to get all you need. But...you really don't need to wait THAT long and buy that much. And they wrote me a check and they wanted 100 cash back. I never would've thought I'd have to enter a check for 640 dollars in a grocery store.

On the consumer level it's equally annoying when there's no registers open and you want to buy a soda and you're stuck behind the person with 300 items.

I could go on and on and on and on about stuff I hate in the supermarket. Because it literally can be the worst place to be
(Unless you're working on christmas day, then you get paid for loitering.)

Capernicus
07-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Super markets are precisely why I have decided that I will NOT be having any children. Ever. Even if I stop loving women.

Queen Dopplepopolis!
07-29-2007, 07:05 PM
i recently went groccery shoppin gfor the first time that i'm living without my parents.

i took my sister's children, as she was at work and so was her husband.

what i find annoying is people who give you rude looks because of the children you're with.
i've found that a lot of people forget what it is like to be a kid.
yes, some parents do let their children run rampage and don't make any effort to stop them, but that isn't the case all of the time.
children, apparently, do not have a long attention span, so they may forget to use their inside voices. it's a common mistake.
they're children, and people shouldn't expect them to act like adults.

it's rude that people look at all children as loud, obnoxious, etc., and that people don't try to realize that they ARE, indeed, children. not adults.

and they give me a pretty damned good reason to speak my mind about people who stand there, talking on their phones instead of shopping.

usually i say something sarcastic, or i'm like, "oh. i'm sorry, i didn't know that this spot was reserved for just you."

things like that.
i'm pretty mean.

Alicaryn Silentread
07-29-2007, 07:17 PM
I think alot of us have had that rage. And the Supermarket doesn't help either, putting display stands in the aisles, making them(if possible) Even smaller.

But I've never had Supermarket road rage myself, I don't do the shopping. I tend to loiter in the magazine section. >.>;

Acnologia
07-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Definetly. >_<; I hate shopping for that reason, the long waits. And the little kids stare at me like I have two heads. And if your ever in Wal Mart, they have babies screaming at the top of their lungs, parents shouldn't take their babies everywhere like that, they need their rest.

....A baby peed on me once.

Queen Dopplepopolis!
07-29-2007, 09:10 PM
babies don't need rest ALL the time.
they have to learn the outside world sometime.
and it isn't really healthy to leave your baby at home until they're older and can totally control their emotions.
because then, they'd be frightened of the outside world.

god. people are so ignorant.

Aleyna
07-30-2007, 12:38 AM
i think this thread is kinda selfish...
at least u don't have to work in a supermarket....thats hell
i feel bad for manhatten unless he has "polite" costumers...but those don't exactly exist anymore

Masali
07-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Yes, I'm gonna have to agree with TVL. Working in a supermarket FAR surpasses the hell of shopping in one. And polite customers exist, but they never go to express lane ;_;

Everyone who goes to express lane expects to be checked out at the speed of light. That is not where the "Express" comes in. It goes quicker because you bring LESS items. Also, I hate when people push the boundaries of express. 15 items is like a full shop, go to regular check out. Leave me the eff alone. One of the things that irks me more than anything is when people come to express (which is where I often work) and OBVIOUSLY have more than 15 items. But they try to argue with me like I'm wrong when I clearly count 22 items. I guess cashiers who can count is an alien concept to them. They'll trust me to handle their money but they won't trust me to count the items in their cart? I think they have messed up priorities. Also, people who yell at me because something is too expensive. I can't help that! I don't know WHY it's expensive, I can't make it FREE, so don't blame me cause you can't buy it. ALSO the people who rely on sale prices to actually make their purchases. If you can't afford to shop here without needing to shop when everything is on sale and have 100000 coupons THEN SHOP SOMEWHERE CHEAPER! Btw, coupons are NOT NEGOTIABLE! If you didn't buy the item that the coupon specified than DON'T COMPLAIN! I stopped caring, I don't care if you bought the item or not I'll give you the damn discount to SHUT YOU UP! AND ANOTHER THING! Paying with exact change...

A purchase of 1.75 does NOT need to be payed with 8 nickels, 2 dimes, and 15 pennies if you don't have 3 FRIGGEN QUARTERS ON YOU!!! I AM NOT YOUR CHANGE RECEPTACLE! CHALK IT UP TO BAD LUCK THAT YOU HAVE SOME COINS AND TRY AGAIN WHEN YOU HAVE A PURCHASE WHERE THE PRICE DUE OF THE PURCHASE IS EASY TO SATISFY WITH THE COINS YOU ACTUALLY HAVE ON HAND!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Man, I never noticed how much I really REALLY dislike working at that store...I'd rather be in school.

Queen Dopplepopolis!
07-30-2007, 01:03 AM
eh, depends on where you work.
but honestly, in every day life you deal with people who are polite and people who aren't.

when i worked in a supermarket i had to deal with both, but i'm not going to fret about it.
i rather try to understand that people can't be their best all the time.
i know i've gone to a supermarket and was sick, so of course i didn't act my nicest.

Masali
07-30-2007, 01:20 AM
pfft, impolite people I can tolerate. It's the stupid people I abhor serving.

Aleyna
07-30-2007, 01:28 AM
awww poor masali, u to?
of course u can't be there to help in the "self check-out" aisles >_<

'Cha ga nurui T_T
07-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Don't shop very often so don't know about supermarket-rage but I can relate to everyones apparant hatred of the mentally inept. I don't mind obnoxious children though, kinda cute :P

Elvore
07-30-2007, 11:48 PM
sure

♥Ichigo♥
07-31-2007, 04:46 AM
arrrghhh that must be kinda annoying, but i agree with BARBIEgirl, some people can't help it, and you can't leave like, a 4 year old alone in the house for an hour, they might have an accident.
i know someone who has 8 kids, from 14 to less than 1, and she manages them all really well.

Aulos
07-31-2007, 05:11 AM
Mostly everyone are morons. They walk slowly holding everyone up, then decide to stop in the middle of an aisle. They have no idea they are hogging the whole friggen' space. I'm sick of it, why the hell do they stop their trolleys in the middle of an aisle?

They are inconsiderate. Can't wait till someone attacks them.

It is really annoying.

What annoyed me the most (this isn't about supermarkets, but whatever.) was at my school when couples would stop in the middle of a crowded hallway and hug/kiss whatever each other. This happened a lot when I had to get all of the way across the school in one minute. Let me tell you, my high school is HUGE.

I haven't had to deal with things like that much in grocery stores. I guess I don't pay much attention to them. Usually my parents have the cart so I go and look for the things we need. There are occasions where there are little kids running around everywhere but not very often.