PDA

View Full Version : Has a song Ever made you cry?

LiketheRain
07-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Like the title said have you ever cried over a song? If so what song? Why?

For me i have cried at a song before....okay a few lol the main one that really gets me is called sober by Kelly Clarkson there is also Does anybody hear her by Casting Crowns and When your gone by Avril Lavigne

ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood
07-27-2007, 10:08 PM
there is a song by Three Days Grace that made me cry because it represented a lot of importent things in my life and it brought back not so good memorires.

Pleiades
07-27-2007, 10:34 PM
The song Pictures by Boomtang Boys. It doesn't exactly make me cry, however, it makes me somewhat emotional. The lyrics to Pictures are pretty touching and I can relate to actual life experiences. =\

Beast
07-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Quite a few actually.

Clan of Xymox - A Day Remix
VNV Nation - Beloved
Wolfsheim (Schiller feat. Heppner) - Dream of You
Clan of Xymox - Eternally

ShadowGoddess
07-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Yea, a song has made me cry before, a few as a matter of fact. There was one, by HIM that made me cry, "Heartache Every Moment." I guess it made me cry because it was a pretty sad song to me. =S

Ami~chan
07-27-2007, 11:10 PM
"You're the Inspiration" - Chicago. I don't cry, but I get a little emotional.

Masali
07-27-2007, 11:44 PM
"You're the Inspiration" - Chicago. I don't cry, but I get a little emotional.

OMG! I love that song, it kind of strikes a sensitive note with me as well ;_;

Anywho, I almost cried when I watched "Otherside" live by RHCP. Their performance was so emotional, John looked on the verge of tears so I kind of got a little sad too I guess...

I can honestly say I cried when Pink Floyd played Comfortably Numb in Paris when they had their reunion shortly after Live Aid. David Gilmour's solo was so raw and emotional I kind of lost it.

edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JWnapx502uQ It might've been this one, but I don't think so. I'm trying to find the Paris one, to no avail. (That's in London, '94)

Aki no iko
07-28-2007, 01:16 AM
Ze song that made me cry the most was "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White Ts. It just seemed to fit the kind of relationship I was in about three months ago and it hurt. I dunno, that song just really got to me.

And the song "Your Guardian Angel" by the Red Jumpsuit got me kinda wet in the eyes. Because my ex sang me that song when I was hospitalized and now it just reminds me of him every time I hear it. It's just...sad?

unspun
07-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Quite a few actually.

Clan of Xymox - A Day Remix
VNV Nation - Beloved
Wolfsheim (Schiller feat. Heppner) - Dream of You
Clan of Xymox - Eternally

o.O how the hell could vnv nation make you cry??

Hitsugaya389
07-28-2007, 03:21 AM
hmmmm.... I cried listening to.... some death metal song... but it was laughing crying, does that count???? it's soo funny how they try soo hard to do this screamo/suicidal music thing!!

Wio
07-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Nope, not for me. It takes much more to make me cry.

Queen-of-Mars
07-28-2007, 03:50 AM
Evanescence - My Immortal.

I happened to be listening to this very song when the news of someone very, very dear to me having passed away hit me. Its not so much the lyrics, just the memory that makes it painful. I broke down with this song on the background. To this day, even two years later, its still fresh. I went to an Evanescence concert back in April and for their encore, they played this song. I couldn't contain myself. Normally I can with this song, just pushing it away but it was just too much. The concert was fantastic, and music is powerful. Sometimes you just can't contain emotion, especially when in a powerful situation.

zyronet
07-28-2007, 05:06 AM
"Inori" By Lena Park.. The japanese version of "You Raise Me Up"
Its so.. nice.

NiesaxShiori
07-28-2007, 05:11 AM
pink-family potrait

Eris
07-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Never. I'm really not the crying kind.

DaSOCOM
07-28-2007, 10:57 AM
You Run by Submersed. I was listening to it while I was at the airport waiting to pick up a friend late one night, and it reminded me of this one girl who I had a HUUUUGE thing for...I shed a few tears to it. It's just a beautiful song.

Peace,
DaSOCOM

Overlord Darth Fluffles
07-28-2007, 11:05 AM
No, there isn't a sog out there that makes me cry. But only one part of a song made me feel, different. It was Nemisis by Cradle of Filth, I'll quote the part

"Poured into my arms
When my duaghters eyelids closed
I swore to slaugther those
Who stole my ray of moonlight"

It just gets you a bit, wow...grr, kill DESTROY.

Hamashimura
07-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Yup,it happened to me alright...
Usually when sadness overflows my body and soul,I start listening to sad songs...
Cases when tears are coming down my cheek are rare,but they're existing...
Mostly those are songs like The Misery and My Selene from Sonata Arctica,Abandoned and Anthem from Kamelot,Breath from Breaking Benjamin,It's Not Over from Daughtry etc.

Elphaba
08-04-2007, 03:40 PM
four of Nanne's songs made me cry the first time i heard them...they have to do with your beloved leaving you and going with another women.

Eris
08-04-2007, 03:46 PM
I almost forgot, listening to the radio makes me want to cry. The agony! I can't stand it! The music is so horrible!

Azel
08-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I also hate the fact that most radio stations repetitively play songs. It may have been catchy the first time but it is not catchy after the twenty-second.

Saiyan Destroyer
08-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Not really, if I already was in a sappy mood it helped of course. I enjoy depressing songs when I'm depressed.

Lunafreya Fleuret
08-04-2007, 04:22 PM
There are pleanty of songs that make me cry. ;-; Though one that makes me cry the most is Somewhere- Within Temtation

RoxxRuimteslak
08-04-2007, 05:06 PM
I do not cry very often- but "Missing" from Evanescence did make me cry. Hard. But that's mostly because I was sad/ weak/ emotional about another reason. But still, the song toutches me, it doesn't makes me cry anymore- but i do become a bit... Well, don't know how to explain it- it just makes me shiver and stuff. I also have that with "Imaginary" "My Immortal" and "hello"
guess Evanescence is doing a nice job xD

Maledictis Voca
08-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Some songs make me sad but never to the extent of crying. Take "Missing" by Evanescence for example. Good song but oh so depressing.

Eris
08-04-2007, 05:16 PM
I also hate the fact that most radio stations repetitively play songs. It may have been catchy the first time but it is not catchy after the twenty-second.

That they play the songs over and over is just salt in the sores. The songs themselves do the job quite eloquently on their own.

Zedekiah
08-04-2007, 05:17 PM
That Rihanna song, Umbrella.

It makes me cry blood.

~Magical Dream~
08-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Toori Ame by Wiz-Us, a japanese song. It doesn't really make me cry but I get emotional listening to it over and over.

realms89
08-05-2007, 12:15 AM
nay

███
08-05-2007, 12:37 AM
I don't take my music that seriously.

kyoshi131
08-05-2007, 12:45 AM
yea, 花 (hana) by orange range. well i didn't cry i just felt really bad... o and 天界観測 (tenkai kansoku) by Bump of Chicken.. that too

Acnologia
08-05-2007, 03:27 AM
The only song that made me cry was "Family Portrait" by P!nk

[Deathscythe]
08-05-2007, 07:15 AM
The only song to come close to that is Rascal Flatts | Skin

Legend_S
08-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Only a couple songs make me a little emotional.

If Nobody Believed by Joe Nichols

and Close to You by The Carpentars... Close to you is a special song to me though, I remember my mom told me she sang it to me all the time when I was a baby. It makes me think of her and how much I love her.... okay enough mush mush lol.

~Mithrosent~
08-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Well, I cried I think about 15 times. From the same song XD.
I don't usually cry to songs. But "We're in Heaven" By Dj Sammy made me cry very hard because there was a video my friend was showing me on myspace. It was that song playing in the background as a child spoke to her her father, who was in heaven before she went to bed. She talked about how she could swim with her eyes open now, and how she could swing by herself but missed him pushing her. She talked about how she still cried sometimes and that she missed him Soooooo much. And all the while it showed children and their father's. Maybe because my father died, but I cried 'till I couldn't breath after that. So of course I downlaoded it and cried the 14 other times. XD. Yeah I'm a sap, I know.
~M~

Elvore
08-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Kind of i wouldnt nessary say cry but some tears MCR Cancer

tears of sorrow
08-05-2007, 02:37 PM
the song that has made me cry so much and still dose is "Daddy's little girl" from Frankie J

Miss Tsukkii
08-05-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't usually cry while listenning to a song, but one tiem I was listenning to "Toki O Koeru Omoi" while thinking about my hamster's death and I cried... I loved him even though people said it was only a hamster

FierceFeli.
08-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Yupp Yupp, my brother made a special song for me at the piano and I cried when I heard it (: and "Hello" by Evanescence makes me cry

Tetsanosuke
08-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Let's see here...

1000 Words, from FFX-2, the performance scene and the actual song.. omigawd. But I'm ok with it now.. I just related to it and felt for the story behind it.

Then there's "My Immortal" by Evanescence, because it somehow rings true to me. But now I can listen to it no prob, unless I'm emotionally unstable.

"Feel Like a Girl" By Lia, it was just so beautiful.

And when my heart really aches "Lips of an Angel". Don't ask.

Saejima Kouga
08-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Soumatou by Dasein (doesn't make me cry, but I get sad hearing it). The english translation to it hits home. ^_^;

~HappyGirl~
08-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Tell Laura I Love Her by Jeff Barry. Now that song is sad!