PDA

View Full Version : Gay marrige?

DeathGoddessMali
07-25-2007, 11:33 AM
What is your opinion on gay marrige? I will not be offended, though I am gay. I respect everyone's views, but do please give a reason with your opinion.

*~Lily_Gemini~*
07-25-2007, 11:38 AM
i dont have a problem, i mean, im bi-sexual, so if i found love in someone of the same sex, and we wished to be married it'd be great.

Gouki
07-25-2007, 11:41 AM
I do not really care about it I mean it should be allowed.
my reason for saying this is because it is the same as a man and a women getting marryed just the same sex this time.

smile1010
07-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Thats not how you spell marriage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no problem, as long as your in love

Silly 14 year old gay person, oh joy.

I am your stalker
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
I say do what you want!! I Have two gay friends and there good ppl I hang out with them most of the time one is funny and the other helps me with my homework!!

All and all I am ok with it!

genericusername2
07-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I do apologize I have nothing against homosexuals along as they don't express themselves towards others, however a thread like this just creates flames, there have been others and they were all closed for this reason.

DaSOCOM
07-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Back on topic:

I personally am for Gay Marriage, but not because I am gay, or bi, or whatever. I'm simply a free-spirited heterosexual male that doesn't really care about what other people do, so long as their activities don't interfere with my rights and my ability to enjoy myself.

Oh yeah, and gay marriage would REALLLY p**s off a few of the more zealously religious members of my family, and the population in general, which is always a good thing in my point of view.

So yes, I support gay marriage. Get married, love each other, enjoy the rest of your lives together. I'll be doing the same thing someday, only with a woman.

Peace,
DaSOCOM

genericusername2
07-25-2007, 12:07 PM
This thread is flame bait.

Yeah, back on topic...

They will need to change the dictionary.

1. the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
2. the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: a happy marriage.
3. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of a man and woman to live as husband and wife, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage.
4. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction: trial marriage; homosexual marriage.
5. any close or intimate association or union: the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
6. a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.
7. a blending or matching of different elements or components: The new lipstick is a beautiful marriage of fragrance and texture.
8. Cards. a meld of the king and queen of a suit, as in pinochle. Compare royal marriage.
9. a piece of antique furniture assembled from components of two or more authentic pieces.
10. Obsolete. the formal declaration or contract by which act a man and a woman join in wedlock.

Eris
07-25-2007, 12:14 PM
I could not care less. Marry a rock you found in your garden for all I care.

DeathGoddessMali
07-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks for posting. And dont worry about what you write 'cause I dont get offended easily.

███
07-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Please tell me that you are a girl...

If being homosexual means you have to announce it to the world, then why not stand out? If you like being so different then why do you want the same commitments that straight couples have? Be different, cause you are!

Finvarra
07-25-2007, 12:23 PM
As long as you love each other.

I love Gay people.
There so much fun.
<3

Princess Cupcake
07-25-2007, 12:38 PM
If your gay, I wasn't talking about you.
That's a relief!

But anyway.
I don't see why not.
Other people wouldn't accept gay marriage. Heterosexual couples don't get bashed from time to time, so why should they understand? A lot of times they're the ones doing it. People don't embrace what's different.

{Good}{Bye}
07-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Honestly I believe in the term "love is blind". When it comes to love and marrige does it really matter if its 2 gilrs or 2 guys......it shouldn't! Gay poeple deserve the same rights as straight couples!:cool: That what I believe!:)

Lunafreya Fleuret
07-25-2007, 12:50 PM
._. Honestly, since I'm Bi, I have no problem with gay marriage. Though some people don't accept it and some people seem to have something against gayz, I have nothing against them, except they dislike the other sex, which that bothers me.

DeathGoddessMali
07-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Please tell me that you are a girl...

yea, i am.

Ami~chan
07-25-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't see gay people as being much different from straight people. I don't agree with some gay people who try to "recruit" people; I really don't understand that.

Gay people should be given equal rights, not special rights. Two of age men should have the same rights as an of age man and woman. If you can put up with each other enough to the point you actually want to be married, go for it.

A relationship isn't about what gender the other person is. If you asked me why I loved my fiance, my answer would probably be "I love his sense of humor, his dedication to me, and how he's my best friend." Nowhere in the answer would be the phrase "Because he has male sexual organs, which is just perfect because I have female sex organs!" Would that be a part of anyones reasoning why they loved someone? I highly doubt it.

In a nutshell: I'm pro-gay marriage. If someone told me I couldn't marry my boyfriend, it would make me extremely upset. I can't imagine what it must be like for those who are with someone they love, but aren't allowed to make the ultimate committment to each other.

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-25-2007, 01:43 PM
I do apologize I have nothing against homosexuals along as they don't express themselves towards others, however a thread like this just creates flames, there have been others and they were all closed for this reason.How about you stop backseat modding and let the REAL moderators do their jobs? The only problem with this thread right now that might get it closed is you.

Even though gay marriage goes against religious marriage and the definition of marriage itself, it goes against the freedom of choice when they don't allow it. This makes it a very sticky topic. I believe they should be able to do what they want, honestly.

ShinyaZel
07-25-2007, 01:48 PM
I support gay marriages. I mean, last time I checked gay people can love too...They can, right? Honestly, denying gay people marriage KINDA' feels like you're insulting them as a human and telling them that's good enough, and while people LIKE to judge, they shouldn't. Gay people deserve just as much as the next person.

Marshmallow Fluff
07-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I support gay marriages. :)

Piper
07-25-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm glad to see that some members are actually mature enough to put this thread back on topic; I have an idea kiddos, how about you debate with someone you don't agree with, rather than insult each other -- It makes you come off as more intelligent.

Also, I'm pro-gay marriage. Amy just basically summed it up in a nutshell, reflecting my views about it.

Also -- Using the dictionary to defend your argument (in this situation) just proves you don't actually have an honest reason for being against it. I've yet to see a person who said they're against it, give a real opinion as to why. But I do see those that are in favor of it, voicing their opinions. Hmm.. Is there a problem here?

Come on.

DOOM!
07-25-2007, 02:56 PM
You asked for it. I am against gay Marriage.
Legal marriage is a convenience pact specially designed for two different genders. Although not a lot of people agree with marriage as it is, they go for it anyway because it covers basic details of their convivance, during marriage and even after divorce. Stuff like "who gets the house","who keeps the children" etc. ect. Gay people don't need to get so complicated with these things.
And, in my opinion, they shouldn't be allowed to adopt children either. Many people become gay AFTER a heterosexual marriage and children; the way they walk off from their duties as men/women is plain repulsive, just to go out and satisfy their sexual needs.
Tell me, what do gay people seek out of marriage anyway?

Aulos
07-25-2007, 03:01 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with gay marriage.

That's my opinion.

Princess Cupcake
07-25-2007, 03:08 PM
The same thing heterosexual couple's do. They want to be just like everybody else. Meaning, they want to get married like straight couples do. And I don't suppose the circumstances of marriage should exclude them. Marriage is a declaration of love and unity. I'm sure that when people think about marriage, what comes to mind isn't who gets what when they divorce.

Raindrops_on_Roses
07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Every american has the right to Life, Liberty, and Property.(I think) but anyway...if you goal in life is to marry some one of the same sex than that is your LIFE. Also if you think its wrong for gays to get married...thats an opionion...and if you only have rude comments to back up your opionion ...keep it to yourself.

smile1010
07-25-2007, 03:10 PM
The same thing heterosexual couple's do. They want to be just like everybody else. Meaning, they want to get married like straight couples do. And I don't suppose the circumstances of marriage should exclude them. Marriage is a declaration of love and unity. I'm sure that when people think about marriage, what comes to mind isn't who gets what when they divorce.

*hugs*Your right, like I said before those who love each other only have the right for marriage.
Love and unity should be the only reasons one gets married.

Aulos
07-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Legal marriage is a convenience pact specially designed for two different genders. Although not a lot of people agree with marriage as it is, they go for it anyway because it covers basic details of their convivance, during marriage and even after divorce. Stuff like "who gets the house","who keeps the children" etc. ect. Gay people don't need to get so complicated with these things.
And, in my opinion, they shouldn't be allowed to adopt children either. Many people become gay AFTER a heterosexual marriage and children; the way they walk off from their duties as men/women is plain repulsive, just to go out and satisfy their sexual needs.

Many become gay after a heterosexual marriage? What are you talking about? Back up your claim.

Gays are people, too. :closedeye

smile1010
07-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Many become gay after a heterosexual marriage? What are you talking about? Back up your claim.

Gays are people, too. :closedeye

Seriously, gay man become gay after an abusing life and living with a single mother, not all but this is most of the stories behind a gay man
Vise versa with a women.

Tempest Wind
07-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I actually couldnt care less about gay marriage. If gay people want to get married, adopt a kid, and be miserable like all other married couples, then why not let them??

Masali
07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
As Rayne from www.leasticoulddo.com has said so well "It is out of my cone of caring" being that it does not affect me directly, so I do not care about it.

DOOM!
07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Every american has the right to Life, Liberty, and Property.(I think) but anyway...if you goal in life is to marry some one of the same sex than that is your LIFE. Also if you think its wrong for gays to get married...thats an opionion...and if you only have rude comments to back up your opionion ...keep it to yourself.

You can keep YOUR post to yourself, thank you. By the way, could you quit it with the Screaming Colors? They are SO FRIGGIN difficult to read on my Uber Pink Theme.

Seriously, gay man become gay after an abusing life and living with a single mother, not all but this is most of the stories behind a gay man

Vise versa with a women.

I've had a difficult life too. I have been abused in all ways but sexual. And even if i were, if you follow my logic, why would i want to have sex with men after being raped by one? I would get over it and stand against (homosexual/) rapists.

Gays are people, too.

Is there somewhere i have disagreed with gay people's human rights, marriage expelled? I don't think so.

And in case your dictionary is poor, and you haven't been around the block, imagine this: You're ten years younger, and sudently, your father dumps you and your mother/brother/dog/stupid baseball equipment/etc because he either doesn't get along with your mom, or thinks he's still an irresponsable teenager who likes pretty men.

Well, they can't be like everybody else when they wish to be different (this has already been sayed). And why get married "just because"? Heterosexual couples have reasons and needs in marriage, gay people don't. The circumstances of marriage had better exclude them, or else, everything will get screwed up, especially for straight marriages. Unless they want to totally change the constitution of marriage, by screwing up even more, then it'd be like craving something different when all they wanted was to be treated the same.
There are many other ways of declaring love; legally is not the best of them. Marriage isn't only based on love and sex.

I'm sure that when people think about marriage, what comes to mind isn't who gets what when they divorce.
Many people have inconvenient marriages with rich people to get something off their backs. Just look at today's celebrities; Ana Nicole Smith, for instance. etc, etc, etc...

Overlord Darth Fluffles
07-25-2007, 03:41 PM
My question is, "Why does society have to sink so low into getting in the ways of peoples sexual orientation?"

Why does it bugt people so much? Insecuirty? Fear? Jealousy?

In my own view, I don't really care. People like who/what they like. I'm all for it. I say allow them. A man awith a man or woman with a woman is just as cute as a man with a woman. This can be marked as one of the many reasons why I hate society.

Ami~chan
07-25-2007, 03:44 PM
This thread is going to be closed soon if people don't cease to be childish. No flaming. It's in the rules.

Vise versa with a women.

Not really. I was abused as a child in every way possible, and I'm not gay. I'm in a relationship with someone of the opposite sex, and it's been a wonderful relationship that has lasted for quite a few years now.

And do you have a link or article of some sort that backs this claim up? We'd love it see it.

Masali
07-25-2007, 03:47 PM

Vise versa with a women.

Wouldn't that, in theory, make you gay?

Aulos
07-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Is there somewhere i have disagreed with gay people's human rights, marriage expelled? I don't think so.

And in case you dictionary is poor, and you haven't been around the block, immagine this: You're ten years younger, and sudently, your father dumps you and your mother/brother/dog/stupid baseball equipment/etc because he either doesn't get aong with your mom, or thinks he's still an irresponsable teenager who likes pretty men.

"you dictionary" "immagine" "sudently" "aong"

My dictionary is poor?

Meh, enough of that, though!

I've never heard of anybody dumping their wife because they became gay after they become married. >_> I've always thought being gay was a natural thing that really can't be controlled.

Erikai
07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
I am gay, so my vote would be yes. If I marry a girl it's my problem not yours. We like it plain and simple, most gay couples who get married don't divorce unless something really bad happenes, and I mean really bad.

Most gay couples raise normal children, for the simple fact that we love our family and we don't want to see them get hurt. Most gays raise children of a different sex, because most gays were hurt by the different sex, like me. I for one have a girlfirend in real life and I told her I wanted to raise a son, to teach him how to treat women, with respect, and if he don't I'll beat his butt, because I would know I told him better then that!

I don't hate guys, it's just most guys in the world have this thing about having as many girls as they can only dream of having.

I'm sorry for having to pull out the "trump card," but gay people want what other person have, a house and someone to love. If you can't understand that, then that's your problem don't get angry at something you don't understand.

So anytime you see a two gay guys and they have a daughter, two gay girls and they have a son, or a all same sex family cover the eyes of your children if you want them or you to face life not knowing things, or you can do better and tell them to treat the other sex with respect and love as they want.

genericusername2
07-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Yes, there is a problem here. There are several problems.

I have nothing against gay people. I am by no means afraid of or intimidated by them, nor have I any problem with their existence. I do rather have something of a problem with people who think they deserve special privileges because of their sexual preference, or who think it's their right to express homosexuality in public making a scene everywhere they go just to express their rights.

Most people that are in favor of it will just something like 'it won't hurt anyone, there is no wrong in making it legal, they are just being ignorant. that's why they aren't legalizing it.' But that's not true if gay marriages become legal they will need to legalize a lot of other laws.

I personally am more skeptical about interreligious marriage than same sex marriage. Not that I condemn it or anything, I just think it would be difficult for myself if I belonged to an interreligious couple to decide which religion to raise their children if they plan to have any (although if the mother is Jewish, technically, the children are, too). In other words, I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't tell people not to do it, either. It's their decision, not mine.

Many right-wing commentators think the sole purpose of marriage is to have babies. If that's the case, shouldn't dating relationships be wrong, too? What about couples who never have children anyway?

Also, homophobia.. It annoys me a lot although I find it hard to see why people can criticize people who are homophobic, it's like a bungee jumper wondering why others are afraid of heights, a person who is not homophobic cannot comprehend what goes on in the head of a homophobic. However, I think those who take homophobia into action should all be lined up and shot. I don't mean heterosexist which is the discrimination of gays and lesbians by straight people. It's a common misconception. There's a hell of a lot of girls/young women out there who claim to be bisexual because they kissed their girlfriends while drunk at a party, or because they think Christina Aguilera looked hot in her latest music video, or simply just for attention or to make them seem 'different' or 'cool.'

I am getting annoyed with the gay marriage issue. It constantly dominates the news, and seems to be a main issue in politics (in Canada at least). And you ask why it is still illegal...

The majority of people don't care whether someone is gay or not. But like I said, I do rather have a problem with people who think they deserve special privileges because of their sexual preference, or who think it's their duty to flaunt homosexuality in public making a scene everywhere they go just to express their rights.

Ayame_Sohma
07-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I support gay marriages and i think its great step forward that gays can get marriage now.

I dont see a problem with it at all...they love each other and wanna share everything with each other..So why not?

And also i think gays couple can be great parents just like straight couples..i think its unfair that they are not allowed to adopt children just became they are gay.

Ami~chan
07-25-2007, 04:01 PM

I have nothing against gay people. I am by no means afraid of or intimidated by them, nor have I any problem with their existence. I do rather have something of a problem with people who think they deserve special privileges because of their sexual preference, or who think it's their right to express homosexuality in public making a scene everywhere they go just to express their rights.

Special privilege? Since when is marriage a special priviledge? Straight people get married all the time! If gay people wanted the right to murder someone and get away with it, THEN it would be a special priviledge. But marriage is not.

Making a scene? It's called taking a stand. When the African Americans didn't have equal rights, they did the same damn thing. They "made a scene", they got the word out they were tired of being subordinate. Gay people just want the right to be married, and when they're married, share the same rights as any other married couple.

smile1010
07-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Wouldn't that, in theory, make you gay?

In theory yes.

Ollie
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Am I the only person who was completely confused by it? It's like McDoom is talking about two different things. Gay couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt because... one of the parents must have left his wife/her husband to have a family with someone of the same gender?

By the way. They don't "become" gay. They simply come to terms with the fact that they are gay. No, it wasn't right for those people to marry and have kids because they could not accept or didn't fully realize their sexual orientations, but it's no less right that they felt forced to be "normal" and go into that marriage in the first place.

You can't wake up one morning and suddenly start lusting after anything that moves and has the same private parts as you, when you never did before. Homosexuality is nothing new, and it's not on the increase. It's always existed, just was never accepted or tolerated until the last few decades.

UrusaiSevera
07-25-2007, 04:09 PM
I have no problems with it... let them do what they want to do... >>

As long as they don't rub it in my face xD

Anpan Hayase
07-25-2007, 04:10 PM
I support gay marriages. I mean, last time I checked gay people can love too...They can, right? Honestly, denying gay people marriage KINDA' feels like you're insulting them as a human and telling them that's good enough, and while people LIKE to judge, they shouldn't. Gay people deserve just as much as the next person.

Took the words outta meh mouth.

DOOM!
07-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh, so many people want a piece of Dr.McDoom. It's been 30 minutes and i have been quoted like... 30 times? One last quote now, and i'm gone to sleep safe and assured. Y'know, instead of uselessly debating about crap wich most people don't care about, you could do like me and go f*****g work for 10 hours tomorrow morning.
Ok, one more time:

By the way. They don't "become" gay. They simply come to terms with the fact that they are gay.
Oh yes, they come to realise they were BORN gay all along..... right after being sexually molested of course; or never being capable to sustain a straight relationship because they were too shy; or being raised and educated in a homosexual family; etc
And still, don't you think you should've realised that BEFORE you got married and/or had children?

smile1010
07-25-2007, 04:21 PM
And do you have a link or article of some sort that backs this claim up? We'd love it see it.

What Causes a Person To Have a Particular Sexual Orientation?
There are numerous theories about the origins of a person's sexual orientation; most scientists today agree that sexual orientation is most likely the result of a complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors. In most people, sexual orientation is shaped at an early age. There is also considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality. In summary, it is important to recognize that there are probably many reasons for a person's sexual orientation and the reasons may be different for different people.

http://www.apa.org/topics/orientation.html#whatcauses

Doesn't quite say but lets just assume

DeathGoddessMali
07-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I am gay, so my vote would be yes. If I marry a girl it's my problem not yours. We like it plain and simple, most gay couples who get married don't divorce unless something really bad happenes, and I mean really bad.

Most gay couples raise normal children, for the simple fact that we love our family and we don't want to see them get hurt. Most gays raise children of a different sex, because most gays were hurt by the different sex, like me. I for one have a girlfirend in real life and I told her I wanted to raise a son, to teach him how to treat women, with respect, and if he don't I'll beat his butt, because I would know I told him better then that!

I don't hate guys, it's just most guys in the world have this thing about having as many girls as they can only dream of having.

I'm sorry for having to pull out the "trump card," but gay people want what other person have, a house and someone to love. If you can't understand that, then that's your problem don't get angry at something you don't understand.

So anytime you see a two gay guys and they have a daughter, two gay girls and they have a son, or a all same sex family cover the eyes of your children if you want them or you to face life not knowing things, or you can do better and tell them to treat the other sex with respect and love as they want.

I totally respect wat you say.

Lavos
07-25-2007, 04:32 PM
I figure if two people love each other and want to get married, who am I to stop them. Sure marriage in a church could be considered a religious thing, and blah blah blah, but when has the church ever been with the times in all aspects of life.

I just don't get why the Bible is an excuse to keep two people who love each other from getting tax benefits and stuff. Run with this for a second. If there is a God, and he did create us, why would he create homosexuality? I really doubt he created them for the sole purpose of something to pick on.

Look at things historically. Predjudice has always been there. Nobles vs peasants. Women vs. men. African Americans striving for equal rights. Women's suffrage. It is only a matter of time until they are able to get married. Wish we could have a count down clock for it.

Charmmy
07-25-2007, 04:47 PM
In all honesty, marriage isn't that religious anymore in my opinion. People are bias towards gay marriage, however, because it goes against "normal society." If marriage was still something holy and religious, with a church and stuff, would people still have five minute, or so, weddings in Vegas? The reality of it is that marriage really isn't something to put high up on a pedestal or whatever.

People should have a right to spend their life with whoever they so choose. I remember in class once that my teacher said marriage's soul purpose was for reproduction and that a marriage could always be annulled if the couple never had their "honeymoon." True, homosexuals can't necessarily reproduce together, but they can always adopt and nurture children as well as have a "honeymoon." After all, heterosexuals have children "accidentally" and go for adoption-- so other heterosexuals or homosexuals would be able to adopt and care for them. Also, there are infertile heterosexual couples which have the same reproduction issues as homosexual couples.

I support gay marriage because I believe everyone has the right to fall in love and to choose to stay with that person, regardless of gender, through legal binds.

kenny_killer
07-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I see few if anything wrong with homosexuality at all morally. I mean there’s the inability to reproduce but I don’t think that’s a problem present day. In fact its the very opposite, there’s to many of us. I think we could use a couple of homosexual marriages approved by the government [or not]. I hear all the time that many of them adopt orphans. and as in any family, they'd be able to support each other legally, socially and economically. homosexuals are people to, apart of our states, countries, apart of our world. The idea of taking there right to marry is simply appalling and quite frankly stupid.

Kitanoru
07-25-2007, 05:24 PM
In my opinion I believe that gay marriage is perfectly acceptable! I have family members that are gay, and they are great people to be around! I know a few people here on AF too, and they too, are amazing people! As long as both individuals love each other, I see nothing wrong with the relationship, whether it be gay or straight.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-25-2007, 05:49 PM
At first I thought "Screw 'em. They should be allowed to destroy the sanctity of marrage." but I later reversed my decision when I remembered the "Civil Union" which is a good way to put Gay Marrage for rednecks like me. Besides another reason I changed was so that they can be just as happy AND misserable as we, the heterosexual's are. Besides in gay relationships that are living togher you can always say "Screw this. It's best if I leave so we can save the friendship." unlike heterosexual where it becomes an attack on both persons sexual activity and if it applies, custody of children.

Masali
07-25-2007, 05:55 PM
In theory yes.

So your theory's wrong?

Atrumrox
07-25-2007, 06:03 PM
I cant really agree with it. Because have we all noticed that baby's cannot be produced from two guys? But i think people should be allowed to. Its your life and if you want to live it that way thats fine.

smile1010
07-25-2007, 06:04 PM
So your theory's wrong?

>.>
Oh..you think i'm straight..

Capernicus
07-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh Doomy.

1st: Are you saying that gays should not have a legal pact that says, who gets stuff and who gets the kids? It's not as though gays have no stuff nor is it true that gays cannot have kids.

2nd: Do you mean to imply that many straight men/women do not walk off from their duties, or that such a thing is not repulsive for a hetero to do?

3rd: Because they seek to make the ultimate commitment. Isn't that precisely why a hetero man asks a hetero girl to marry him? He wants to show others that she is his and he is hers. I can't imagine myself not wanting to do the same thing with my soul mate.

Heterosexual couples have reasons and needs in marriage, gay people don't. The circumstances of marriage had better exclude them, or else, everything will get screwed up, especially for straight marriages. Unless they want to totally change the constitution of marriage, by screwing up even more, then it'd be like craving something different when all they wanted was to be treated the same.

What needs? "Stuff and children"? I do believe, as I have stated, gays have stuff and children too.

And last time I checked, this country celebrated the desire that everyone should be treated the same. Abolition, Rosa Parks, etc.

I think I remember there being a lot of public scene making in South Africa, you know, when the people finally became sick of apartheid and protested. Yup, quit a bit of fire there too.

How is asking for marriage privaleges the same as asking for special privaleges? Explain that one to me.

As long as they don't rub it in my face xD

Agreed, as long as you don't rub your heterosexuality in my face. Don't give me that arguement, "Well how do you know you don't like it if you haven't tried it?" How do you know you don't like homosexuality if you haven't tried it?

Really, you are being vain. I certainly wouldn't hit on you if you paid me.

.Lovebeat
07-25-2007, 06:16 PM
I have nothing against gay marriage and nothing against homo/bi people. I don't care much either if there's someone I know who's gay and married. You're a person no matter what and everyone has the rights to marry the person they love...

Ollie
07-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh yes, they come to realise they were BORN gay all along..... right after being sexually molested of course; or never being capable to sustain a straight relationship because they were too shy; or being raised and educated in a homosexual family; etc
And still, don't you think you should've realised that BEFORE you got married and/or had children?

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. I have nothing to say to that which you either can't comprehend or wouldn't accept.

Lavos
07-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I cant really agree with it. Because have we all noticed that baby's cannot be produced from two guys?

Population control or adoption.

Ami~chan
07-25-2007, 07:59 PM
I cant really agree with it. Because have we all noticed that baby's cannot be produced from two guys?

Yay for population control!!! There's another thread running around here that speaks on specifically that.

Twig Ee
07-25-2007, 08:17 PM
I dont really care as long as they dont get in my way

smile1010
07-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I dont really care as long as they dont get in my way

And I'm guessing this is how you feel towards straight marriage too?

unspun
07-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm not going to answer that question.

However I will say this; I think it's good that it's illegal, homosexuals over express themselves enough these days already.
Screw you, I see little rat bastards with their hands up their girlfriend's skirts everywhere I go, not to mention the construction workers that "express themselves" every time I walk by them. Gays aren't any different than "regular" people.

This thread is flame bait.

Yeah, back on topic...

They will need to change the dictionary.

1. the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
2. the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: a happy marriage.
3. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of a man and woman to live as husband and wife, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage.
4. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction: trial marriage; homosexual marriage.
5. any close or intimate association or union: the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
6. a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.
7. a blending or matching of different elements or components: The new lipstick is a beautiful marriage of fragrance and texture.
8. Cards. a meld of the king and queen of a suit, as in pinochle. Compare royal marriage.
9. a piece of antique furniture assembled from components of two or more authentic pieces.
10. Obsolete. the formal declaration or contract by which act a man and a woman join in wedlock.

Who cares? They added "ain't" to the dictionary when people decided "ebonics" should be a real language, again, gays aren't any different.

I don't see gay people as being much different from straight people. I don't agree with some gay people who try to "recruit" people; I really don't understand that.

Straight people who hit on straight people are "recruiting" also, there isn't really much of a difference until you give someone a wang.

You know, you are about one of the most ignorant asshats I've had the misfortune of running into on the intarwebz. I'd like to see you back up your claim about homosexual relationships, considering my MOTHER is a lesbian, and I'm on my way to birthing TWINS. If you are going to throw out some NONSENSE then back it up, because ignorance isn't bliss.
As far as why goes, well there's these pieces of papers that were written a long time ago called the friggin Constitution of the United States, in which they offer America as the land of opportunity, Life, Liberty and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. I don't know about you, but finding the person I loved, and getting married, taking that LARGE step in one's life, made me feel pretty damn happy, and I think EVERYONE WHO IS A HUMAN BEING should have those SAME AND EQUAL RIGHTS.

And as far as the adoption thing goes, if Gays shouldn't be able to adopt, then neither should anybody else, because DIVORCE happens, and the children are JUST as hurt, and confused, if not MORE by the separation of their family household. Chew on that for a while.

Well, they can't be like everybody else when they wish to be different (this has already been sayed). And why get married "just because"? Heterosexual couples have reasons and needs in marriage, gay people don't. The circumstances of marriage had better exclude them, or else, everything will get screwed up, especially for straight marriages. Unless they want to totally change the constitution of marriage, by screwing up even more, then it'd be like craving something different when all they wanted was to be treated the same.
There are many other ways of declaring love; legally is not the best of them. Marriage isn't only based on love and sex.

Marriage isn't just about love, it's about responsibility, commitment and a safeguard against jerks that run off with your possessions and leave you thousands of dollars in debt.

Most people that are in favor of it will just something like 'it won't hurt anyone, there is no wrong in making it legal, they are just being ignorant. that's why they aren't legalizing it.' But that's not true if gay marriages become legal they will need to legalize a lot of other laws.

I personally am more skeptical about interreligious marriage than same sex marriage. Not that I condemn it or anything, I just think it would be difficult for myself if I belonged to an interreligious couple to decide which religion to raise their children if they plan to have any (although if the mother is Jewish, technically, the children are, too). In other words, I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't tell people not to do it, either. It's their decision, not mine.

Many right-wing commentators think the sole purpose of marriage is to have babies. If that's the case, shouldn't dating relationships be wrong, too? What about couples who never have children anyway?

Also, homophobia.. It annoys me a lot although I find it hard to see why people can criticize people who are homophobic, it's like a bungee jumper wondering why others are afraid of heights, a person who is not homophobic cannot comprehend what goes on in the head of a homophobic. However, I think those who take homophobia into action should all be lined up and shot. I don't mean heterosexist which is the discrimination of gays and lesbians by straight people. It's a common misconception. There's a hell of a lot of girls/young women out there who claim to be bisexual because they kissed their girlfriends while drunk at a party, or because they think Christina Aguilera looked hot in her latest music video, or simply just for attention or to make them seem 'different' or 'cool.'

I am getting annoyed with the gay marriage issue. It constantly dominates the news, and seems to be a main issue in politics (in Canada at least). And you ask why it is still illegal...

The majority of people don't care whether someone is gay or not. But like I said, I do rather have a problem with people who think they deserve special privileges because of their sexual preference, or who think it's their duty to flaunt homosexuality in public making a scene everywhere they go just to express their rights.

Gay marriages aren't legal because of people like Good Ol' President BUSH, Christian slime balls who think they are the ONLY way god chose people to be. They fear what they do not understand. You can't sit there and say YOU don't flaunt your sexuality when you hit on a girl yourself, or that blacks don't ask for special privileges because they used to be slaves. Gays don't ask for special treatment, they simply want to be treated like everyone else. And there IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING TREATED FAIRLY.

Oh, so many people want a piece of Dr.McDoom. It's been 30 minutes and i have been quoted like... 30 times? One last quote now, and i'm gone to sleep safe and assured. Y'know, instead of uselessly debating about crap wich most people don't care about, you could do like me and go f*****g work for 10 hours tomorrow morning.
Ok, one more time:

Please go back in time and give your mother a coat hanger. Ever heard of the rat theory? Throw 50 female rats into a cage, no males, and watch them start screwing each other. It's nature's way of population control, and then some of them JUST DON'T LIKE YOUR DICK. Get over it please. You haven't said anything factual at ALL in your statements, just a bunch of ridiculous flaming.

Remember, it's better to stay silent and let people THINK you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove it.

Bean Bandit
07-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Ok, one more time:

Oh I am going to enjoy quoting you right now. Enjoy your infraction point. As for the rest of this thread expect a lot of deleted replies.

Masali
07-25-2007, 10:10 PM
not to mention the construction workers that "express themselves"

Say what you will about the gays and the straights but by god leave the construction workers out of this!

Mr. Peanut Butter
07-25-2007, 11:49 PM
i got mixed views on this....cuz my best friend iz a lesbian...but i cant stand the company of gay guys its like taking a nail scratching a chalk board to me...but people gonna do wat they do

riolu72x
07-26-2007, 12:07 AM
and i thought i was strange

Bean Bandit
07-26-2007, 12:41 AM
If you dont have anything of real substance to add to this topic, then just don't post. This thread just proves that people are not allowed to be individuals, without lashing out or attempting to be sure their opinion means the most.

Masali
07-26-2007, 12:49 AM
*sigh* fine. But don't deny that it's not wrong to discriminate against construction workers!

Anywho, my stance is as follows:

I really don't care. Gay people are totally cool with me. I have a lot of gay friends and I think they're cool dudes. Just because "Dude, I just got laid last night" has major differences between our two parties doesn't mean I'll stop being your friend. That being said, gay marriage is totally cool. I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean, where are the problems? You don't have to marry another dude/dudette if that's not your thing. They're not trying to force their views on you, they want equality. By denying them Marriage, you are denying one of their rights, which, in turn, denies them their deserved equality. If the notion of them being equal to you disgusts you or something then guess what! You're prejudice! You're on the same tier of the foodchain as Nazis and Klansmen.

I'll never understand the problem with it. To me, none of the points against gay marriage were valid and were basically full of fluff and pseudo-intellectual dribble. Which is terribly sad, considering I'm far from what you might call an "Intellectual"

edit: But hey, whatever floats your respective boats.

Lavos
07-26-2007, 02:05 AM
Say what you will about the gays and the straights but by god leave the construction workers out of this!

Does it really matter if the building we live in were built by homosexual construction workers or by heterosexual construction works, no. The same could be said for building marriage.

Wio
07-26-2007, 02:33 AM
The state shouldn't acknowledge any marriage, but I think this is especially true for gay marraige.

Gays do not need to marry. Straight people who are going to have sex and children do need to get married.

I will never acknowledge the marriage between two people of the same sex. If a gay woman manages to marry a gay man, and they are faithfull to eachother, I would completely acknowledge such an institution.

If the state were to acknowledge the same sex marriage, then they should acknowledge a marriage between a man and his dog or a rock or whatever.

Princess Cupcake
07-26-2007, 02:41 AM
If the state were to acknowledge the marriage between homosexuals, then they should acknowledge a marriage between a man and his dog or a rock or whatever.
Dogs and rocks aren't people.
You make it sound like we're dogs and rocks.
So basically you put us in the same category.

Wio
07-26-2007, 02:48 AM
Dogs and rocks aren't people.
You make it sound like we're dogs and rocks.
So basically you put us in the same category.
Not really. I said I wouldn't mind a homosexual marrying another homosexual of the opposite sex. Obviously my problem is the fact that two people of the same sex are getting married, not the fact that gay people are getting married.

Capernicus
07-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Gays do not need to marry. Straight people who are going to have sex and children do need to get married.

If a gay woman manages to marry a gay man, and they are faithfull to eachother, I would completely acknowledge such an institution.

I don't follow your logic. So....having sex means people shouldn't get married? Make sense damn you!

Princess Cupcake
07-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Not really. I said I wouldn't mind a homosexual marrying another homosexual of the opposite sex. Obviously my problem is the fact that two people of the same sex are getting married, not the fact that gay people are getting married.
You said the government should acknowledge somone marrying a rock/dog if they were to let gays marry.

Wio
07-26-2007, 03:03 AM
I don't follow your logic. So....having sex means people shouldn't get married? Make sense damn you!
I said 'sex and children' not 'sex or children'. My statement makes perfect sense... if you are willing to understand it.

You said the government should acknowelege somone marrying a rock/dog if they were to let gays marry.
What I meant is same sex marriage. I'll edit it. My point is that a government shouldn't allow same sex marriage and still be discrimitory on who gets married. It's only a matter of time untill a new group of people want in.

Gay marriages aren't legal because of people like Good Ol' President BUSH, Christian slime balls who think they are the ONLY way god chose people to be.
It's ironic that you mention Bush, the cheif of the executive branch, which is a federal possition... The constitution states that marriage is strictly up to the states rather than the federal government.

Princess Cupcake
07-26-2007, 03:15 AM
I said 'sex and children' not 'sex or children'. My statement makes perfect sense... if you are willing to understand it.

What I meant is same sex marriage. I'll edit it. My point is that a government shouldn't allow same sex marriage and still be discrimitory on who gets married. It's only a matter of time untill a new group of people want in.
What other group is there?
I think we're talking gays and straights. Is there another orientation I don't know about? (And don't tell me bi-sexuals.) I mean, in The Constitution it says 'we the people' so don't say dogs and rocks.

Capernicus
07-26-2007, 03:17 AM

Sounds like you view marriage as an exclusive club or something of that nature.

So, if a hetero couple gets married, you feel that, in order for them to have a valid reason for marriage, they need to have kids? Is that what you're saying?

Wio
07-26-2007, 03:24 AM
What other group is there?
I think we're talking gays and straights. Is there another orientation I don't know about? (And don't tell me bi-sexuals.) I mean, in The Constitution it says 'we the people' so don't say dogs and rocks.
Yes. There are things like polygamy, beastiality, and environmentalism, which would enjoy the rights of marriage also. I wouldn't deny them marriage if same sex marriage was allowed.

So, if a hetero couple gets married, you feel that, in order for them to have a valid reason for marriage, they need to have kids? Is that what you're saying?
If two people of the opposite sex plan to have children (or even if they plan to have sex a lot which poses a great rist of having children), then they ought to get married.
Other relationships don't need marriage. Infact their lives will probably be easier without it.

Capernicus
07-26-2007, 03:28 AM
I don't see how you can pull environmentalism into this. And I don't see why having children automatically means you need to be married. It makes things easier, but you seem to make marriage out to be purely financial. Marriage started out as a declaration, in front of family and friends, of love, loyalty, honor, and trust. Read the traditional vows. No where in there do they mention kids.

Princess Cupcake
07-26-2007, 03:32 AM
Yes. There are things like polygamy, beastiality, and environmentalism, which would enjoy the rights of marriage also. I wouldn't deny them marriage if same sex marriage was allowed.

Okay, it's not like you're introducing them to me. But it does make more sense. Although, like I said, gay marriage is understandable because they're people. Bluntly, animals, etc, don't share the same rights.

-Batman-
07-26-2007, 03:37 AM
If two people of the opposite sex plan to have children (or even if they plan to have sex a lot which poses a great rist of having children), then they ought to get married.
Other relationships don't need marriage. Infact their lives will probably be easier without it.

By that logic, same sex couples should be allowed to get married so they can adopt.

Wio
07-26-2007, 03:42 AM
I don't see how you can pull environmentalism into this. And I don't see why having children automatically means you need to be married. It makes things easier, but you seem to make marriage out to be purely financial. Marriage started out as a declaration, in front of family and friends, of love, loyalty, honor, and trust. Read the traditional vows. No where in there do they mention kids.
Environmentalism is love and appreciation for the environment, a rock is a part of the environment.

Love, loyalty, honor, and trust are things you should have for any old friend of yours. You don't need to be having sex or a 'special relationship' with them. Just be their freakin' friend.

I believe in abstinance, and I think sodomy is wrong. That enough should make my position on marriage self-evident. This is my opinion and you can either respect it and agree to disagree, or argue for hours and accomplish nothing.

Capernicus
07-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Sodomy, by the definition commonly used, is butt sex between men. Lesbians are quite uncapable of that by normal means. But if you want to get technical, it is "everything from anal penetration to oral sex to masturbation to paraphilia." According to wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy

I, however, disagree with your opinion of "sodomy", and with your paranoia of man/rock marriage. I'll leave it at that.

-Batman-
07-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Environmentalism is love and appreciation for the environment, a rock is a part of the environment.

Right, but how many enviromentalists have sex with rocks? Grant it theres over six billion people on earth. I guarantee you could find a few dozen rock thumpers, but it typically doesn't work that way.

Love, loyalty, honor, and trust are things you should have for any old friend of yours. You don't need to be having sex or a 'special relationship' with them. Just be their freakin' friend.

I believe in abstinance, and I think sodomy is wrong. That enough should make my position on marriage self-evident. This is my opinion and you can either respect it and agree to disagree, or argue for hours and accomplish nothing.

Nice pedestal.

edit:

Sodomy, by the definition commonly used, is butt sex between men.

Or between a man and a woman with a...device.

Wio
07-26-2007, 04:10 AM
Right, but how many enviromentalists have sex with rocks? Grant it theres over six billion people on earth. I guarantee you could find a few dozen rock thumpers, but it typically doesn't work that wat=.
They don't need to have sex with rocks though. It wasn't too long ago that the idea of same-sex marriage was ridiculous. Give the rock thumpers a bit more time to gain more social acceptance.

Nice pedestal.
Thanks

-Batman-
07-26-2007, 04:20 AM
They don't need to have sex with rocks though. It wasn't too long ago that the idea of same-sex marriage was ridiculous. Give the rock thumpers a bit more time to gain more social acceptance.

No, because there is a diffrence between people and rocks.

Lets take a look.

Similarities between rocks and humans.

-Both rocks and the human skeleton are hard.
-Both rocks and Humans can break windows when thrown recklessly.
-They both exist.

Diffrences between rocks and humans.
-Humans are living breathing animals with blood and organs. Rocks do not breath, rocks do not have blood, and rocks have no organs.
-People are not pets, rocks however, are kept as pets.
-Humans have feelings, rocks do not.
-A human can return affection, rocks do not.
-Rocks are used by man as tools. Humans are not...Unless you're in the mafia. Then everything is a tool.
-Humans are capable of having sex. Rocks...Rocks are not.
-Humans are more intelligent than rocks.
-Humans die. Rocks do not.

Clearly loving a rock and loving another human who happens to be the same sex is the same thing.

Wio
07-26-2007, 04:40 AM
I never said they were the same. I said they needed more time to gain social acceptance, like many things that were at one point in time socially unacceptable.

♥Ichigo♥
07-26-2007, 04:44 AM
Gay marriages aren't legal because of people like Good Ol' President BUSH, Christian slime balls who think they are the ONLY way god chose people to be. They fear what they do not understand. You can't sit there and say YOU don't flaunt your sexuality when you hit on a girl yourself, or that blacks don't ask for special privileges because they used to be slaves. Gays don't ask for special treatment, they simply want to be treated like everyone else. And there IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING TREATED FAIRLY.

I'm a Christian, and I hope I'm not a slimeball, I have nothing agaist Gay marriges. Someone I know is Gay, she's married and has children. I do have a problem with sex out of marrige, but straight people do that as well.

zyronet
07-26-2007, 04:54 AM
Hmm.. I don't have anything against gay marriage.
As long as it doesn't do anything bad. I mean would be a source of brawls or any alike..

unspun
07-26-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm a Christian, and I hope I'm not a slimeball, I have nothing agaist Gay marriges. Someone I know is Gay, she's married and has children. I do have a problem with sex out of marrige, but straight people do that as well.

No, don't misunderstand my statement, I was literally referring to Bush, and the people out there specifically like him.

The state shouldn't acknowledge any marriage, but I think this is especially true for gay marraige.

I will never acknowledge the marriage between two people of the same sex. If a gay woman manages to marry a gay man, and they are faithfull to eachother, I would completely acknowledge such an institution.

If the state were to acknowledge the same sex marriage, then they should acknowledge a marriage between a man and his dog or a rock or whatever.

Man Marries Dog (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/04/1075853936802.html)

Woman Marries Dead Boyfriend (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/11/1076388397691.html)

Woman Marries Dolphin (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180478,00.html)

Man Marries His TV (http://www.medialifemagazine.com/news2001/feb01/feb12/5_fri/news7friday.html)

You were saying?

Erikai
07-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Hm, I have one more thing to say and MAYBE, I'll leave this subject alone.

If you wanted something very badly and someone told you "You can't have it, because you like differnt things, you're different race, gender," or whatever, wouldn't you fight for your right to have it as a human?!?!

Maybe if someone told you your child couldn't go to a school because they thought your kid was dumb and didn't even give them a chance, I know I would be in flames.

It only makes us human that us gays would want marrage like anyone one else. So the more you say we can't have it, the more we will fight to get it.

So why not just let us marry and end the fights, and spare some people having to give stupid reasons that don't make any sense, all because they don't understand or their too stubborn to embrace it?

Miss Tsukkii
07-26-2007, 01:42 PM
The only problem here is that the word "Difference" isn't accepted in a lot of people's vocabulary. I don't see how a gay marriage could be a nuisance to someone's life, I mean, this is THEIR life, and NOT yours. Should they stop black-people marriages in white countries? Just because they're different? That may sound weird, but it's the same thing. when you were born, did you choose your race? No. And did you choose your sexual orientation? Neither. If you love someone the same sex as you, it doesn't matter. Love is love. Isn't marriage about two lovers who want ot share their lives together? Does it matter that much that it's two guys or two girls? Well as for me, everyone should have the right to marry the person he/she loves, if the other feels the same about him/her. Even if the person is a chretian, a musulman, a buddhist, a black, a white, a gay, a lesbian or whatever. Someone said to me once : "homosexuality is a mental handicap" well, to all people who thinks like that...YOU have a mental handicap, you aren't open-minded, and that is a big handicap.

Jose
07-26-2007, 02:02 PM
All people should have the right to get married by law regardless of there sexuallity

lordrellik8
07-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Man This Is Wrong!

ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood
07-26-2007, 02:30 PM
I have nothing against people who are gay. i mean has anyone ever heard of "The Pursiut of Happiness"? If people want to marry same genders who are we to say no? If it is really true love than why should someone take that away from them? They are not hurting anyone from like a certain gender.
Just let them like who they want to, if they are allowed to be together why shouldnt they be allowed to marry?

Jose
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
I have nothing against people who are gay. i mean has anyone ever heard of "The Pursiut of Happiness"? If people want to marry same genders who are we to say no? If it is really true love than why should someone take that away from them? They are not hurting anyone from like a certain gender.
Just let them like who they want to, if they are allowed to be together why shouldnt they be allowed to marry?

I agree 100% with you ppl in love should have that right

-Batman-
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM

Because it wouldn't be fair to ManxRock couples and/or WomanxRock couples. Apparantly.

Mr. Peanut Butter
07-26-2007, 03:30 PM
u cant really compare black people gettin married in a predominatly white country to gay people getting married in the usa for these reasons

1. being black is something determined way before your parents or who ever have sex and its a known that your gonna turn out black....so when your black your black its doesnt have to do with attraction or any actions you would have or have to do to fall into that category of being black as would being gay

2. gay people werent discovered on a remote continent and veiwed as animals for the first 200 years after the white man found them..

3. consider the fact that someone who is gay doesnt haved to be known as gay and could jus be seen as straight if they wanted to....black people cant pretend to be white.

so i have to say black people being refused marriage in an all white county would be completly different than to homosexuals being refused marriage in a generally mixed race society...

it just doesnt work like that....i know i sound like biggot or whatever but lemme say my best friend is a lesbian so is my aunt...and i love them but i see homosexuality as psychological "disorder" (sound bad i know but **** it)....becuz there are certain things in the anatomy of men and women that jus fit...like why do u think men and love titties...not alot of people know...but the answer is subconsciously men like big breast because the amount of milk the women would be able to give his child...there are few more subtle things i use as example but i gotta go...

Capernicus
07-26-2007, 03:47 PM
u cant really compare black people gettin married in a predominatly white country to gay people getting married in the usa for these reasons

1. being black is something determined way before your parents or who ever have sex and its a known that your gonna turn out black....so when your black your black its doesnt have to do with attraction or any actions you would have or have to do to fall into that category of being black as would being gay

2. gay people werent discovered on a remote continent and veiwed as animals for the first 200 years after the white man found them..

3. consider the fact that someone who is gay doesnt haved to be known as gay and could jus be seen as straight if they wanted to....black people cant pretend to be white.

so i have to say black people being refused marriage in an all white county would be completly different than to homosexuals being refused marriage in a generally mixed race society...

it just doesnt work like that

Yes it does. It does work.

1. There are a lot of new researchers out there that are finding evidence that proves that homosexuality is genetic. I don't have any sources to link to, but Minako probably has a pursefull. Race is determined at birth, homorsexuality might well be determined at birth. Didn't you watch that Colbert Report, where if you're male and your hair grows in an counter clockwise circle, you are more likely to be gay? Bingo!

2. True, but gay men and lesbians were viewed as unclean and shunned by Jews during biblical times, which I believe was more than 200 years ago (haha! farther back, so we win! =P). In fact, I think if a woman was found laying with another woman, her husband had the right to beat her to death.

3. Yes they can. I have known plenty of black people who were whiter than I am. I don't know if you have ever heard about the black Muslims, but it was in their core doctrine to emulate the white man, which would eventually lead them back to their rightful place as the more dominant race. And, even if you meant you can't hide it in looks, I read a book once where I black man underwent surgery that implanter white skin over his own. It is highly dangerous, but possible.

I just want to say that you are milking this whole "you guys made us slaves!" think far beyond what it's worth. There was many a white man, and even a 6 ft president, that gave their lives in the struggle to free the slaves, so in my mind your blood was paid with our own blood.

Back on topic, so sorry. I think minority groups, rather than bickering about who is more oppressed than the other, should ban together in the struggle for equality. I know that the struggle for the black man's vote was closely tied to the struggle for the women's vote. If you are going to prohibit gay marriage, you may as well prohibit interracial marriage. That, like incest (which is prohibitted) can cause serious birth defects like mental and physical retardation. What do you think of that?

Mr. Peanut Butter
07-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Yes it does. It does work.

1. There are a lot of new researchers out there that are finding evidence that proves that homosexuality is genetic. I don't have any sources to link to, but Minako probably has a pursefull. Race is determined at birth, homorsexuality might well be determined at birth. Didn't you watch that Colbert Report, where if you're male and your hair grows in an counter clockwise circle, you are more likely to be gay? Bingo!

2. True, but gay men and lesbians were viewed as unclean and shunned by Jews during biblical times, which I believe was more than 200 years ago (haha! farther back, so we win! =P). In fact, I think if a woman was found laying with another woman, her husband had the right to beat her to death.

3. Yes they can. I have known plenty of black people who were whiter than I am. I don't know if you have ever heard about the black Muslims, but it was in their core doctrine to emulate the white man, which would eventually lead them back to their rightful place as the more dominant race. And, even if you meant you can't hide it in looks, I read a book once where I black man underwent surgery that implanter white skin over his own. It is highly dangerous, but possible.

I just want to say that you are milking this whole "you guys made us slaves!" think far beyond what it's worth. There was many a white man, and even a 6 ft president, that gave their lives in the struggle to free the slaves, so in my mind your blood was paid with our own blood.

Back on topic, so sorry. I think minority groups, rather than bickering about who is more oppressed than the other, should ban together in the struggle for equality. I know that the struggle for the black man's vote was closely tied to the struggle for the women's vote. If you are going to prohibit gay marriage, you may as well prohibit interracial marriage. That, like incest (which is prohibitted) can cause serious birth defects like mental and physical retardation. What do you think of that?

very very good points and ill keep these next couple comments short cuz im bout to leave

1. it is impossible to tell if a child is going to be gay or not before birth...but it is a definite fact that is to black people or two mexican people for that matter have sex the black peoples baybe would be black and the mexican baby would be mexican...i wilil accept anything if it has concrete proof behind it with no potholes

2. ill give u that one

3. the story u gave me has a very wierd twist of fate to it....the story goes that a witch doctor in africa was experimenting with the color of people skin and found away to make there skin lighter...he kept makin his subjects skin lighter and lighter and lighter untill they were jus...white...he did this to a man and a women and sent them away to make a whtie race...thats the story of some muslim denomination...
and yea i guess if a black guy wanted to be the next micheal jackson he could be white but thats jus possible and not probable...

im quite over slavery...even tho the civil war wasnt as much about slavery as it was the south seceding..and president lincoln had a plan drawn up to have all black people shipped back to africa...LOOK IT UP...but yea im not gonna play the race card or anything..

Jose
07-26-2007, 04:12 PM
very very good points and ill keep these next couple comments short cuz im bout to leave

1. it is impossible to tell if a child is going to be gay or not before birth...but it is a definite fact that is to black people or two mexican people for that matter have sex the black peoples baybe would be black and the mexican baby would be mexican...i wilil accept anything if it has concrete proof behind it with no potholes

2. ill give u that one

3. the story u gave me has a very wierd twist of fate to it....the story goes that a witch doctor in africa was experimenting with the color of people skin and found away to make there skin lighter...he kept makin his subjects skin lighter and lighter and lighter untill they were jus...white...he did this to a man and a women and sent them away to make a whtie race...thats the story of some muslim denomination...
and yea i guess if a black guy wanted to be the next micheal jackson he could be white but thats jus possible and not probable...

im quite over slavery...even tho the civil war wasnt as much about slavery as it was the south seceding..and president lincoln had a plan drawn up to have all black people shipped back to africa...LOOK IT UP...but yea im not gonna play the race card or anything..

Stop post about race and stuff that is not what this thread is about

Mr. Peanut Butter
07-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Stop post about race and stuff that is not what this thread is about

well a comment was made comparing black people marriage being refused is the same as gay marriage being refused...so i had to put my 2 cents in...but your right tho

Hitman Rocker
07-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I think marriage should be aloud no matter your sexuality is. Get married, adopt a kid, and have a great life. I am Bi myself and if later in life I am attracted to another woman enough that to the point we think should be married and adopt a kid then I think we should be aloud that right along with many others.

names red
07-26-2007, 11:56 PM
I really dont care. But I am not being rude I just think if you love someone and think you are ready to get married... go for it. No matter if it is the same sex or not. But i know of some people that would not like it (like most of my family.) I have alot of bi friends and i have no prob with them. To me they are just like every one else. :D And besides there kool to hang around:D

riyo himura
07-27-2007, 01:00 AM
i hav no problem with gay couples. they can be together as long as they wan. in fact i'm bi myself. but i dun see the need to get marry. u can still love and commit to that person though u r not marry as long as ur love is true and sincere. i think love between 2 person do not need to be annouced.

Grim Scythe
07-27-2007, 01:04 AM
don't care, if it makes people happy then how is it making my life any the worse?
just because someones a homophobe i don't see how they can spend so much of their time squawking about gays marrying, on adoption by these couples.. i don't know, it's something i try to avoid cause i have other problems

Capernicus
07-27-2007, 03:03 AM
i hav no problem with gay couples. they can be together as long as they wan. in fact i'm bi myself. but i dun see the need to get marry. u can still love and commit to that person though u r not marry as long as ur love is true and sincere. i think love between 2 person do not need to be annouced.
No one is debating the necessity of gay marriage, merely the legality of it. If the constitution was modelled after your thinking, then marriage would be outlawed in general.

Franzer
07-27-2007, 03:17 AM
marriage is a dead tradition that needs to be eradicated already. regardless of if you're gay or not, the gay community has always been around in any century, and will most surely be around now. most people that have a problem with two people of the same sex being together are usually the people who couldn't keep a relationship of any kind to begin with sexual or friendly. people that can't accept changes in their community are the same people that destroy those communites. grow up and instead of telling people their wrong, congratulate them on their found happiness.

███
07-27-2007, 07:24 AM
don't care, if it makes people happy then how is it making my life any the worse?
just because someones a homophobe i don't see how they can spend so much of their time squawking about gays marrying, on adoption by these couples.. i don't know, it's something i try to avoid cause i have other problems

Just because someone disagrees with gay marriage doesn't make them a homophobe, or does it?

angelic_assasin
07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
it doesnt matter^-^ i respect gay marriage...but i do find it a little odd (not in a bad way), just the fact i havent really seen a gay marriage. but watever!! feel the freedom!! <33

DeathGoddessMali
07-27-2007, 03:36 PM
wow, i never thought this thread would have so many posts. thanx for posting!

Gr1mmy
07-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Not against it. I just get this weird feeling whenever I see gayness, so I wouldn't want to see one.

Tetsanosuke
07-28-2007, 12:24 AM
As the old saying "Whatever Floats you boat'

Otherwise I don't really care, but iI had a gay friend wanting to get with his boyfriend (Vice versa with Lesbian) I'd most likely attend the wedding because he (or she) is my friend.

Aki no iko
07-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Im perfectly fine with it all. Gay, lesbian, bi, whatever I'm pretty much cool with it. I just kinda don't like the fact that some homosexual guys walk around in gay parades in......man thongs and a whole bunch of make up. I mean I'd understand if they got a sex exchange, but it is kinda strange to me.

Faceless111
07-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Uh oh, it's the gay marriage godzilla! God better smite these homosexuals before they destory children by adopting them out of hell hole orphanages. And Jesus help me when the gays get equal rights. Heaven forbid, oh dear.

Wio
07-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Man Marries Dog (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/04/1075853936802.html)

Woman Marries Dead Boyfriend (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/11/1076388397691.html)

Woman Marries Dolphin (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180478,00.html)

Man Marries His TV (http://www.medialifemagazine.com/news2001/feb01/feb12/5_fri/news7friday.html)

You were saying?
The only thing I was saying towards you directly was that defining/acknowledging marriage in America is up to the states, and President Bush has done nothing to restrict gay marriage, nor does he really have any say in the matter unless he were to propose a constitutional amendment to congress (which he has not).

Regardless, I'm not sure what you point is... Are you saying that you support marraige of people to inanimate things and animals? Are you saying that the US supports such marriages but does not support gay marriage?

Konata Izumi
07-28-2007, 04:17 AM
Well, there's nothing wrong with it, I find it more normal than someone that marries another only for their money, not love. So I'm not against it.

unspun
07-28-2007, 09:19 AM
The only thing I was saying towards you directly was that defining/acknowledging marriage in America is up to the states, and President Bush has done nothing to restrict gay marriage, nor does he really have any say in the matter unless he were to propose a constitutional amendment to congress (which he has not).

Regardless, I'm not sure what you point is... Are you saying that you support marraige of people to inanimate things and animals? Are you saying that the US supports such marriages but does not support gay marriage?

Yes jeezus that's exactly wtf I was saying, the US supports marriages to a television set, but not between a man and a man, where's the fairness in that, and are you HIGH?? Bush actually DID inhibit gay marriages. You really need to get your facts straight before coming to me with any more BS.

Bush Calls for Ban on Same Sex Marriages (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/24/elec04.prez.bush.marriage/)

This was back in 2004. Seriously I'm done arguing with someone who clearly doesn't know wtf he's talking about.

Mr. Peanut Butter
07-28-2007, 11:44 AM
i dont think marriage is a necessity anyway unless u have a religion or something theres no point in it except jus for the fun of it i guess...and i use the term "fun" lightly...personally as a agnostic/buddhist i dont feel that gay marriage should be legal...its not becuz of any religion or homophobia or fear of a changing society..its that there are principles and laws of which marriage uphold..mostly seeing as marriage roots its self within religon as the traditional marriage ceremony blesses the two in "HOLY MATRAMONY" i dont feel it is appropiate to use a ceremony that has been exclusively for man and women's right and privalege for thousands of years to be used for homosexuals...but with civil unions however i have no problem...

Grim Scythe
07-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Just because someone disagrees with gay marriage doesn't make them a homophobe, or does it?

how would it not? even if the person is a complete jerk(used because stronger ones not allowed, just to be clear) if they don't want gays to marry then they're against gays, and i haven't met a person yet that is against gays but not a homophobe

Capernicus
07-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Actually, I agree with Blasphemous Fiend. Being against gay marriage doesn't make you a homophobe any more than being against the war in Iraq mean you don't support our troops. If this country were in fact a religious one that was run based on the bible, then I would also agree that gay marriage should not be legal. However, as such America is "the land of the free", and I find it impossible for us to say that if we deny gays the right of marriage.

Mr. Peanut Butter
07-28-2007, 01:19 PM
how would it not? even if the person is a complete jerk(used because stronger ones not allowed, just to be clear) if they don't want gays to marry then they're against gays, and i haven't met a person yet that is against gays but not a homophobe

dude that was like horribly stupid a phobia is something your afraid of not something u dont like..thats like saying i dont i like onions on my burger because im afraid of onions lol..and being against gay marriage doesnt have to mean your against gays...it means u believe in a ethical standard on how people should conduct themselves and behave..:closedeye i could see how someone who runs around screaming they hate gays and protesting to put them in jail or something would make them homophobic but having a set standard on how things should be doesnt not make a phobia...

♥Ichigo♥
07-28-2007, 01:26 PM
[quote=unspun;1780053]No, don't misunderstand my statement, I was literally referring to Bush, and the people out there specifically like him.

oh, right OK.

Grim Scythe
07-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Actually, I agree with Blasphemous Fiend. Being against gay marriage doesn't make you a homophobe any more than being against the war in Iraq mean you don't support our troops. If this country were in fact a religious one that was run based on the bible, then I would also agree that gay marriage should not be legal. However, as such America is "the land of the free", and I find it impossible for us to say that if we deny gays the right of marriage.

hm, yes actually it makes sense now, and now that i think about it more, i have met people who are religious and don't have anything against gays personally but don't like the thought of their marrying.

but that brings up a point that you can marry someone through the courts instead of a church(etc.) which should mean it doesn't have a religious basis, right? why would that be a problem, its also not like gays couldn't create their own version of christianity(etc.)(also i think they have) and get married through that. its just that politicians are being control by the mobs and in my opinion the mobs are homophobic

ImALilDeadGrl
07-28-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm straight myself but I think that gay marriage should be allowed. Just because it's not a man and a woman doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to get married. I hate homophobes.

Faceless111
07-29-2007, 03:10 AM
I'm straight myself but I think that gay marriage should be allowed. Just because it's not a man and a woman doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to get married. I hate homophobes.Bear in mind that it's not only homophobes that are against gay marriage.

███
07-29-2007, 04:32 AM
I'm straight myself but I think that gay marriage should be allowed. Just because it's not a man and a woman doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to get married. I hate homophobes.

How does not wanting gay marriage to be made legal make you a homophobe? Actually it doesn't even mean you are against gays. It's only a political view point.

Grim Scythe
07-29-2007, 04:50 AM
i thought thats already been covered Feind

氷の動物
07-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Personally I see no major problem with gay marriage, but I like a couple of other posters mentioned don't really see the major importance of marriage (in a legal sense)... I mean probably the biggest advantage to getting married is a tax break. Basically I don't really see why you need some formal ceremony to bind your love to somebody when you could just as easily hold your own ceremony, sure there aren't going to be any papers signed and you aren't recognized as being married by the government but does that really matter anyways? Love doesn't require a signature or a government approved ceremony.

Erikai
07-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Uh oh, it's the gay marriage godzilla! God better smite these homosexuals before they destory children by adopting them out of hell hole orphanages. And Jesus help me when the gays get equal rights. Heaven forbid, oh dear.

What religion are you to be asking your "God" to smite Homosexuals?

And if a gay couple adopts a child out of a "hell hole" what difference dose it make if they go to a loving home?

You speak of Homosexuals as if they're evil demons trying to take over the world.

tears of sorrow
07-29-2007, 02:29 PM
man...I didn't knew there would be so many bi and homo people here. Well, anywayz, I have noting against homo or bi people. I think they are great to have as friends. but...I wouldn't like it when they would kiss in front of me. but as long as they don't care what other people think, that's cool. so i am not against gay marriage nor do I support it.

Mr. Peanut Butter
07-29-2007, 02:54 PM
people in this thread desparately need a dictionary...

against gay marriage doesnt mean homophobic

fear of homosexuals = homophobia :closedeye

Ollie
07-29-2007, 03:04 PM
What religion are you to be asking your "God" to smite Homosexuals?

And if a gay couple adopts a child out of a "hell hole" what difference dose it make if they go to a loving home?

You speak of Homosexuals as if they're evil demons trying to take over the world.
HAHAHAHAHA

He was being utterly and completely sarcastic.

Grim Scythe
07-29-2007, 03:36 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

He was being utterly and completely sarcastic.

no he was being completely cereal, hes totally cereal about it

unspun
07-29-2007, 03:41 PM
no he was being completely cereal, hes totally cereal about it

I want cereal =(

Capernicus
07-29-2007, 04:33 PM
SPAAAAAAAM >.>

Obviously, Faceless was not being serious. He is hardly ever serious.

And yes, we did already cover that being against gay marriage does not make you a homophobe. Also, not wanting yourself to be gay does not make you a homophobe. In all honesty, every homo I've ever known has at one point wished that they weren't that way. I know I feel like that sometimes. And, it naturally follows, that some gays are against gay marriage as well. See how funny the world is?

Bucky Katt
07-29-2007, 04:45 PM
I don't have any problems with gay marriage. Plain n' simple. I don't see anything wrong with it. Now, my religion, on the other hand, has been whining and shouting for it to become illegal...It's pretty annoying, hearing one of the priests at my church, saying "Choose the right path for marriage."

Honestly, I'd like to throw a rabid pit bull at him for talking so much about "choosing the right path."

███
07-30-2007, 08:19 AM
i thought thats already been covered Feind

Not quite, we had confirmed that not wanting gay marriage doesn't make you a homophobe, which is a fear of homosexuals. I just wanted to say that it doesn't even mean that you are against gays. Because you can be against gays and still not be a homophobe. And again, you can be against homosexual marriage and not be against gays.

Elvore
07-30-2007, 09:41 PM
im in support of it though im not gay. i support it for a few reasons. one there alot of married couples out there that dont love each other so why if two men our two women that love each other that want to get married why not let them. Also saying who can or cant get marrieed makes either a comunisim or dictator ship style goverment. And also to all those christians out there that say the bible says its wrong have not read the Bible because all the Bible says is that un wed sex is wrong.

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
07-30-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm all for it. People should be able to marry whoever, or whatever they want. And that's all I'm going to say, it got my opinion out, so I'm not going to get involve din the small arguments going on here. >_<

Azel
07-31-2007, 03:26 AM
im in support of it though im not gay. i support it for a few reasons. one there alot of married couples out there that dont love each other so why if two men our two women that love each other that want to get married why not let them. Also saying who can or cant get marrieed makes either a comunisim or dictator ship style goverment. And also to all those christians out there that say the bible says its wrong have not read the Bible because all the Bible says is that un wed sex is wrong.

Romans 1:26-27
"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another, Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Leviticus 18:22
"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

Although the Bible does in fact talk about homosexuality it doesn't mean it is wrong. Christian churches have regaurded homosexual sex as sinful, based on particular interpretations of certain passages in the Bible. However there are also Christians who believe that these passages can have different interpretations and homosexuality can be seen as moral. This approach has been taken by many churches: Liberal Congregations within United Church of Christ, The Methodist Church of Great Britain, the Moravian Church, the United Church of Canada, Anglican Church of Canada, and Metropolitan Community Church to name some.

To me: It all comes down to choice and free will. It in no way bothers me. In my opinon it is all just your theological standpoint and in no way makes you less of a Christian.

Grim Scythe
07-31-2007, 03:42 AM
I want cereal =(

what kind? cocoa puffs? trix?

Azel
07-31-2007, 03:43 AM
what kind? cocoa puffs? trix?

Pour me some Cocoa Puffs.

Grim Scythe
07-31-2007, 04:31 AM
if i had some, all i gots is cheerios

Wio
08-01-2007, 12:03 AM
I think I dislike homosexual sex about as much as I do premaritial sex.

Jose
08-02-2007, 04:18 PM
people in this thread desparately need a dictionary...

against gay marriage doesnt mean homophobic

fear of homosexuals = homophobia :closedeye

Yes we know that but if you don't gay marriage than you're most likely a homophobic person

Faceless111
08-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes we know that but if you don't gay marriage than you're most likely a homophobic personYes, like in the same way that if I'm aplutophobic, I must hate everyone who takes a shower. [aplutophoic means fear of washing or bathing, just so you know]

Capernicus
08-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes, like in the same way that if I'm aplutophobic, I must hate everyone who takes a shower. [aplutophoic means fear of washing or bathing, just so you know]
I'm actually seeking professional help for my hatred of those that take showers.

WET HEADS! ALL OF YOU! BEGONE!

CrimsonMoon
08-02-2007, 07:14 PM
What, I love taking showers. Everyday. Anyway, about this whole thing, I am neutral. I do think it's morally wrong though I'm not against gay marriage. They have the rights to do that. If gay marriage is illegal, then who'll the gays be married to? It's unfair. I'm not gay myself but people should have the rights to express themselves. Though I wouldn't think of marrying a girl...

Ami~chan
08-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Leviticus 18:22
"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

Yes, the Bible sayes that homosexual sex is wrong.

But it doesn't have much of a problem with absolute slaughter and the killing of innocent people.

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

So, I wouldn't take the Bible as a definition of morality on the subject of homosexuals or murder.

Faceless111
08-03-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm actually seeking professional help for my hatred of those that take showers.

WET HEADS! ALL OF YOU! BEGONE!Those pesky hygiene-lovers...

Though I wouldn't think of marrying a girl...Then you'd rather marry a boy?

And lastly, about the Bible, it isn't the word of God. It's the word of old, dead Jewish guys. And I never trust dead people to give me life advice. Especially undead people. Just kidding, Jesus, you're cool. But you're still a zombie.

-Batman-
08-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Just kidding, Jesus, you're cool. But you're still a zombie.

Which is exactly why he shouldn't be trusted.

Capernicus
08-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Yes, the Bible sayes that homosexual sex is wrong.

As it was said already, the traditional English translation of the Bible says that homosexual sex is wrong. I believe I heard from someone once that that translation would more correct be "unclean". And, after Jesus died on the cross, everything that was unclean was made clean. For example, I can wear a T-shirt that is 50% cotton and 50% polyester and NOT be smote. Hurray!

Ollie
08-03-2007, 05:33 AM
As it was said already, the traditional English translation of the Bible says that homosexual sex is wrong. I believe I heard from someone once that that translation would more correct be "unclean". And, after Jesus died on the cross, everything that was unclean was made clean. For example, I can wear a T-shirt that is 50% cotton and 50% polyester and NOT be smote. Hurray!
What's funny is that the traditional English translation isn't 100% accurate... not so much because of changes added purposefully to aid the church in their quest of power (as far as I know), but simply because some things can't be translated perfectly from one language to another.

I'm copying a few key quotes by the person named Swordgleam (a Jew who has read the original Hebrew version of the Bible) in this thread (http://forum.deviantart.com/community/complaints/434784/) to show what I mean:

The specific passage that I believe is referenced most often in the homosexuality debate is roughly translated as, "Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman, for it is an abomination."
Now, some people interpret that as meaning homosexuality as a whole is bad. However, it most literally is only speaking about sodomy between males, and many scholars have interpreted it to be referring specifically to sodomy used as dominance. So rather than saying "homosexuality is bad," the passage is actually intended to mean, "don't rape enemy warriors to prove that you've beaten them," which is advice I doubt anyone would disagree with.

But [saying "lie with a man as if with a woman" is the same thing as saying do not have sex with another man as if they were a woman] is only one rough translation. I think the most exact translation I've seen was something like, "do not lie with a man as with the layings of a woman," which is a lot less clear. It could be telling you to not sleep in women's pajamas.
Also, having sex with another man as if they were a woman would mean the man would have to have a vagina, which kind of precludes being male. So even that isn't rock-solid.

It says "do not lie with a man as if with a woman".

But no it doesn't. It says something in hebrew that I don't have the font for. Without any vowels, I might add. One possible translation can be interpreted as saying "do not lie with a man as with a woman." That's what I've been trying to say. And that interpretation can be further inferred as a comdemnation of homosexuality.
Meanwhile, clearly translatable things like the "No shellfish" passage that a kindly deviant posted for you, get ignored as being somehow irrelevant. If you're going to obey one as being God's Truth, shouldn't you obey the other?
And all the others, like "thou shalt honor the sabbath day and keep it holy" (no traveling beyond a certain distance, no cooking, no doing business), "inscribe these words as a sign upon your doorpost" (a mazuzzah at least on your front doorway, and possibly all the others), "thou shalt not take the name of the lord in vain" (that does mean all those "Jesus is my Homeboy" t-shirts, not just saying "goddamnit!"), and the dozens upon dozens of others which most Christians aren't even aware of?
In regards to Christian Old Testament and Jewish views on homosexuality, you also need to remember that to be penetrated (anally or otherwise) was a sign of submission, and the Hebrews were (are?) notorious for their desire to be free from domination.

Capernicus
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
What's funny is that the traditional English translation isn't 100% accurate... not so much because of changes added purposefully to aid the church in their quest of power (as far as I know), but simply because some things can't be translated perfectly from one language to another.

I'm copying a few key quotes by the person named Swordgleam (a Jew who has read the original Hebrew version of the Bible) in this thread (http://forum.deviantart.com/community/complaints/434784/) to show what I mean:

In regards to Christian Old Testament and Jewish views on homosexuality, you also need to remember that to be penetrated (anally or otherwise) was a sign of submission, and the Hebrews were (are?) notorious for their desire to be free from domination.

That was exactly the point I was trying to get at, thanks Ollie (formerly Whispers). The traditional English translation is NOT perfect, NOT foolproof, and NOT to be blindly trusted. I don't really know if homosexuality is bad or not, it might well be and it might not at all be. i know which I'm hoping for. :3

bested
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
maybe gay people should just... not be gay and there would be no problems with gay marriage :)

...lol, jk, kinda... ok :D

Faroelove
08-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Honestly, I beleive that it is wrong for same sex couples but, there is nothing I could possibly do to stop or prevent it. It has been something that has been going on since ancient times.
Even though some may say it is disturbing, others veiws may point the opposite way.......
Even though I don't stand for same sex marriage I would not make a fight or argument on it.

I guess it all rounds up to toleration. My Uncle is gay and his boyfriend gets on my nerves. Not because he is gay but because he is such a B****!

Capernicus
08-03-2007, 11:28 AM
maybe gay people should just... not be gay and there would be no problems with gay marriage :)

...lol, jk, kinda... ok :D
I was wondering when the clueless noobs were going to start poking their noses in the topic and putting in their 2 cents without being at all aware of where the arguement has migrated.

Bucky Katt
08-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I was wondering when the clueless noobs were going to start poking their noses in the topic and putting in their 2 cents without being at all aware of where the arguement has migrated.

It's the inevitable. I'm waiting for Elvore to show up any moment, now. EDIT: Gasp. He already has. Never mind.