PDA

View Full Version : Will pay for translation to audio drama (oh, and [REQ])

EnthalpicDrizzle
07-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Yes, well... nobody ever responded to my request for lyrics to a Mahoromatic song, so I'm guessing nobody will respond to a request for a translation for a fifteen-minute Mahoromatic audio drama. Maybe someone will if I offer to pay, though.

The audio drama in question is "Happy Birthday Suguru!!", which I will provide to anyone who agrees.

So, how much am I offering to pay? Make me an offer and I'll go with whoever offers to do it for the least amount of money (assuming more than one person responds, if anyone even does). How would I prefer to pay? I'd prefer Paypal. Actually, I'd prefer if someone would do it for free out of the kindness of his or her heart, but, you know... I doubt anyone's going to translate a fifteen-minute drama for a stranger out of kindness.

Yep, so... let's see if anyone actually responds with an offer...

Capernicus
07-23-2007, 03:54 AM
How about you send me the file, and I will do my best (which admittedly isn't all that great) to translate it. It's summer, I have time.

EnthalpicDrizzle
07-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks; I've e-mailed you the file. ^_^

EDIT: But it didn't go through. ;_;

Capernicus
07-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Try this email instead.

[email protected]

EnthalpicDrizzle
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Did you receive it? It lists it in my sent e-mail, but I'm not sure it went through as it appeared to freeze for a few hours, then I closed my browser.

Capernicus
07-25-2007, 06:02 PM
No, sorry, I did not.

Capernicus
08-01-2007, 03:05 AM
x.x These people talk too damn fast. I'm trying my best though.

EnthalpicDrizzle
08-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks. I can slow it down if you want, if you don't mind the characters talking in bizarrely deep voices. XD

tetekmakhang
08-02-2007, 03:58 AM
y dont u put it up on youtube? that way EVERYONE who is willing can help you and you dont have to keep giving that file to each person who offers his/her help. although i dont doubt capernicus's translating ability, it never hurts to have 2nd/3rd/4th etc opinions. i could help u, but as a rule, i dont accept files from strangers

EnthalpicDrizzle
08-02-2007, 02:58 PM
y dont u put it up on youtube? that way EVERYONE who is willing can help you and you dont have to keep giving that file to each person who offers his/her help. although i dont doubt capernicus's translating ability, it never hurts to have 2nd/3rd/4th etc opinions. i could help u, but as a rule, i dont accept files from strangers

It's an audio file, not a video file. I've uploaded it to my domain, but if you don't download from strangers I suppose it doesn't matter...

Well, for anyone who does want to download it and give it a try, it's at http://projectenthalpy.com/happybirthdaysuguru.zip

Capernicus
08-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Oh, I do implore you to get 10 second opinions, as there is almost definitely going to be some holes in my translation. I did say I wasn't that great, didn't I? After I'm confident that I have translated all that I can, I will send you the file so that you may pass it on to others.

tetekmakhang
08-02-2007, 03:55 PM
It's an audio file, not a video file.

not a video file? no problem. just use any video editing software (even windows movie maker that comes bundled with windows xp will do). what u should do is for the audio, use that 15 min anime, and for the video, use anything u want (pictures, videos, ANYTHING). once you're done, export it as a movie file and upload it onto youtube.
just a small thing, when uploading video files onto youtube, its best to keep it below 10 mins. so i recommend u split the file into 2.
well, of course, this is IF u want to do all this. i was just merely suggesting a way u can upload audio files (by changing it into a movie file) because you said u cant upload audio files onto youtube

Atashi ♡
08-07-2007, 11:49 PM
I'll give the drama a shot.

EnthalpicDrizzle
08-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Sooo, it's been twelve days since any updates from anyone... is the translation still going on? :|

EnthalpicDrizzle
09-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm, um... I'm guessing the translation is dead? <=(

Ah well... sorry for the double post, guys...

Levanter
09-10-2007, 08:55 AM
I tried to do it, but I got bored after the first minute. ^^; I haven't really watched mahoromatic and I know nothing about it...

Happy birthday Suguru!

Suguru: A birthday?
Girl: Yes! December 21 is your birthday!
Suguru: Aaah, I completely forgot!
Girl: hehehe, how can you forget your own birthday...
Suguru: I have been living alone for so long...
Girl: We are going to have a birthday party with all your friends, it's going to be fun!
Suguru: Yeah, I'm looking forward to it!
Suguru: A birthday huh...it feels nostalgic...

Girl: Hmm...I wonder what I should get Suguru-san for his birthday...clothes...a watch...a wallet...jeans...there are so many things to choose from
Girl: *sigh* What gift would a boy like? I don't know much about what to get androids...

Shikijo: Miss, you're not allowed to stand there.
Girl: Ah, sorry, Ah! Shikijou sensei!
Shikijo: "Dokidoki Gift Book!?" Haha~ you're planning what to get for Misato-san's birthday?
Girl: Uhh...yeah.
Shikijo: Isn't it hard to think of gifts for guys? They all have so different interests!
Girl: I guess you're right...
Shikijo: I think you'll do well as a maid!
Girl: Huh?
Shikijo: cleaning, washing clothes, cooking, you can even do better than a normal housewife!
Girl: Shikijo-sensei, do you have a fever or something?
Shikijo: Is it that weird to be praised by me!?
Girl: No...it's not that
Shikijo: I'm sure you'll do well
Girl: Thank you

EnthalpicDrizzle
09-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks for your attempt, even if you didn't finish. ^_^;

However, there is one part that I question the accuracy of: when the girl (Mahoro) says she doesn't know what to get androids, I'm guessing she was saying that, as an android, she doesn't know much about getting gifts? She's the android, not Suguru. Of course, not having seen the show, I'm sure it's an easy mistake to make.