PDA

View Full Version : Anime ends but manga continues!? Mad!?

Lee.Fury
07-18-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm just mad finding out that my favourite animes will not be continuing on TV while their manga continues....What the hell? why don't the company that liceneses them make more episodes!!!!!!!

lol I really like shows like Hajime no Ippo and Beck Mongolian Chop Squad...and they are really popular too but why won't they have a second season!?!?

It just makes me mad when I see other animes which are also good have like over 100+ episodes which 1/3 of them are fillers!?!? use some of that energy/money to make animes that are worth making...not like fillers of Naruto making ramen or taking care of that Oomba thingy...:banghead:

Oh ya and Hi I'm new to the forums ;) I signed up just to get this anger out and see what other people have to say.

Tenhauser
07-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Because the anime companies decided not to wait for the manga series to officially end before before beginning to work on the anime adaptation. Also, the cost to actually make a normal 26 ep. anime series is huge from what I have been told. Waiting for a popular series to end may not be possible for anime companies that want to capitalize on a manga's popularity NOW. I know that this was a huge problem for Gantz during the second season as the anime had gotten to a point in the story where the manga had yet to go, forcing the company that worked on the anime version to make there own material instead of working off of the manga (which is still being made if I remember correctly).

Gjallarhorn
07-19-2007, 01:05 AM
What the hell? why don't the company that liceneses them make more episodes!!!!!!!

In addition to what was stated above, the companies that license anime series don't make episodes. They only dub, edit, and distribute them. They have nothing to do with the production of the series.

Also, in addition to what was stated above, it takes the equivalent of about $20,000 USD to produce an episode of an anime, give or take a few thousand depending on the series, production company, and quality of the animation.

It just makes me mad when I see other animes which are also good have like over 100+ episodes which 1/3 of them are fillers!?!? use some of that energy/money to make animes that are worth making...not like fillers of Naruto making ramen or taking care of that Oomba thingy...

The reason why series have filler is because the anime used the manga as it's blueprints, and sometimes, with longer running series, the anime will get too closed to where the manga is in the storyline. The anime cannot pass the manga, because the production cannot exceed passed the blueprint, so they insert filler in order to get distance between the two media.
In addition to this, when some manga are signed to become anime series, they schedule what the length of the anime will be. Now, companies don't want to go and make a whole bunch of super long anime series (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Prince of Tennis) because it sucks up resources, and they would rather produce a wider variety of series in order to attract a wider variety of fans, and thereby earn more money. So, some series are scheduled for more episodes, and it is these which often receive filler episodes.

Also, just because they end earlier, thus changing the story a little bit, that does not make it a bad series at all. I wasn't a big fan of the BECK manga, but I loved the anime. The problem with this comes when the anime goes completely off track from the manga, such as with Black Cat, which was horrifically separate from the manga by episode 10.

Lee.Fury
07-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Also, in addition to what was stated above, it takes the equivalent of about $20,000 USD to produce an episode of an anime, give or take a few thousand depending on the series, production company, and quality of the animation.

wow I never knew it cost that much to make 1 episode :wacko: ...lol I guess that's a big reason...

In addition to this, when some manga are signed to become anime series, they schedule what the length of the anime will be. Now, companies don't want to go and make a whole bunch of super long anime series (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Prince of Tennis) because it sucks up resources, and they would rather produce a wider variety of series in order to attract a wider variety of fans, and thereby earn more money. So, some series are scheduled for more episodes, and it is these which often receive filler episodes.

I'm not sure about Beck but I know for Hajime no Ippo they made the anime of 70+episodes with only around 35 or so manga volumes. Years have passed and now they are up to I think 75+ volumes so why didn't they pick up and start a new season? l

ol there probably isn't an answer to this question =( since only the people that made the anime will know...