PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry Anime

Anti-God
07-15-2007, 03:35 AM
Well, 4 episodes into the newly released series, we've seen some pretty impressive stuff from it. The anime's quality definitely did not fail as I'd somewhat expected it too, considering the creators often favor rough combat scenes over appearance in this particular series. Surprisingly enough, they've successfully thrown both into the mix. Now we have flashy-rough combat scenes. O.O

Anyway, what's your take on it? From what we've seen, do you believe this is a worthy peice to the DMC series compared to the games? Or does it fail?

lordrellik8
07-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Man I want to see it!
When did it come out?

Anti-God
07-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Man I want to see it!
When did it come out?

It came out a while back. Just get on Veoh or Youtube, they have them up for watching.

Azel
07-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Only thing I have seen of this anime is subbed.

Gravemaker
07-22-2007, 07:39 AM
I can't find anything about it either but I would really be interested in seeing it if anyone finds a link could they put it up, thank you.

Anti-God
07-23-2007, 05:48 PM
I can't find anything about it either but I would really be interested in seeing it if anyone finds a link could they put it up, thank you.

Get on Veoh. They have all 5 episodes out and ready to be watched.

Link:

http://www.veoh.com/search.html?numResults=20&action=search&type=&fromSearchForm=fromSearchForm&search=Devil+May+cry

Tempest Wind
07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
I think they have to about ep(or Mission as it is called lol)7 on Youtube

Edit:ADV Films got the right to bring the anime to the States

realms89
07-30-2007, 04:29 PM
its pretty cool to bad their so short

Jose
07-30-2007, 04:42 PM
I think they have to about ep(or Mission as it is called lol)7 on Youtube

Edit:ADV Films got the right to bring the anime to the States
really do you when???

cHiBiFiEd
08-05-2007, 04:08 AM
I love the Devil May Cry series! I think it's awesome how they turned the game into and anime. ^_^

Lunafreya Fleuret
08-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I've only seen this said anime in Japanese. x.x I wouldn't understand it well if it was in english anyway. But yeah, the dub versions are eck.

Sзsικι
08-17-2007, 05:01 PM
I love this anime! I mean love love love loveeeee! Episode 3 has been my favorite. I watch the subbed version on YouTube I'm at episode 8 and I don't wanna watch it because it seems to be the last so far.. : (

Zanethose
08-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Wow, i feel like im gonna get jumped for saying what im about to say but here goes nothing.

Im gonna have to disagree with, well, pretty much everybody. I dont know, the anime wasnt bad per-say but it just didnt spark my interest. The animation was well done, quality was pretty good, story and voice actors (although i had to read the subtitles anyway) weren't horrible. But i dont know, it just didnt feel like Devil May Cry to me. I dont know, i just didnt enjoy that much.

Sзsικι
08-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Hehe you just said that the anime is pretty good but just doesn't spark your interest. That's your opinion... No jumping necessary... Unless your cute ^-^

AHQ
08-18-2007, 11:45 AM
I saw around 3 or 4 episodes and its great.Could become one of my favourites.But i'm kinda lazy and i still havent downloaded the other episodes that are out but maybe i'll w8 for a another 20 to pile up :D

mujushin
09-11-2007, 10:33 AM
11 of 12 have now been released by fan-subbers, I had a look at this but one of my friends said he was unipmressed by it. Is he talking rubbish, or is this really a bit of a miss?

Thousand Eyes
09-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, if you're a fan of the DMC game series, then this is nothing to be impressed by. There's nothing all that great here. I still watched 11 of the 12 released episodes. I like how Trish and Lady are both in this, but the story can be a bit dull, because each episode is very much its own until much later when you realize what the main antagonist's true objective is. That's about all I'm going to say.

Goronian
10-08-2007, 11:10 AM
This is one wierd anime... It's not bad, no. Animation? Action? Soundtrack? Top tier stuff. But the story is... A bit rushed. Action, while good, have the opposite approach, if you compare it to the games. Crisp and clear colours from the game made way to the modern 'oh-so-bloomy'... It seems uninspired at times... But still... I don't know... It has certain something... Maybe the feel... Maybe the atmosphere... That makes it quite enjoyable. And that must be the number one priority for anime, don't you think?

Youkai Girl
10-11-2007, 09:20 AM
I saw only 1 ep and i can say i am impressed,i already love it...a few anime made a first good impression so it rocks.If only they will turn Guilty gear into an anime too T_Thttp://img361.imageshack.us/img361/2126/picture1bh2.jpg

blackrosetwilight
11-01-2007, 11:21 AM
it wasnt really that great if played the games. Dante doesnt even use his devil trigger on the boss WTF it devil may cry and the wont even let him transform I waited through all 12 episode just wanting to see at least a few second of him transformed but he doestn even do it

Hanzo_DarkIce
11-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Dante kicks :curses: and i give the anime a 9.5/10 :ninja:

Shimotsuki_No_MiNa
11-08-2007, 03:23 PM
I was really impressed after watching the first few episodes. I love the fact that each is held in a different convention although most of them tell about Dante's missions. I think the series is really well-made.
And it has a great potential. It's only 13 episodes and I was a little, just a bit dissapointed with the ending. I think they should have developed the plot about the characters more, especially Dante's history. It's just too short and the whole thing is actually not even told but well... suggested? slightly touched? in the last two episodes. Also apart from the missions, there's no concrete leading thread. This thread or this should-be-the-main-thread appears suddenly in the end, highly concentrated with a mix of many characters out of nowhere. And even if there's some kind of explanation given it's just not really satisfying.
But still I think the series is really good. And worth watching. If the creators were to develop it someday it would turn out great probably.

Insurgo
11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I've always been a big fan of the game, when I saw the Anime come out. I literally wanted to see it. After I saw it I was amazed how well and good the anime was, the fighting was as expected, good, the character's had a great voice, and good animation look. But, they should keep on going with the story more at least until Nero shows up.

sanzoku.
11-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I had no idea there was an anime!

Ive played all the games, and enjoy them all.

*runs off to youtube*

EDIT: Watched.

Wonderful show.

highlife
11-25-2007, 01:24 PM
guys is devil may cry 4 on ps2 or ps3 ???

Oriya-Chan
11-25-2007, 10:04 PM
it wasnt really that great if played the games. Dante doesnt even use his devil trigger on the boss WTF it devil may cry and the wont even let him transform I waited through all 12 episode just wanting to see at least a few second of him transformed but he doestn even do it

He does Devil Trigger, but it is so short that you only get to see his eye when he does. -shrugs- I did find it very annoying that they did it that way.

I have to say, I love the games but I was a little disappointed with the anime. True I did watch avidly during all twelve of them, but I felt that it could have been a little better. The setting was obvious though, after the three games, I didn't want to have to sit down and remember everything that had happened during the story line for it to make sense. (Secretly, I was hoping Vergil would have come back from Hell....but that might just be me.)

Hanzo_DarkIce
11-25-2007, 10:08 PM
guys is devil may cry 4 on ps2 or ps3 ???
ps3 dude

highlife
11-26-2007, 01:16 PM
ps3 dude
r u sure ???:closedeye