PDA

View Full Version : Naming your outdoor critters?

*.:Endless Sky:.*
07-10-2007, 01:58 PM
While returning home, I thought about the habit I have of naming the animals that come in my yard. I don't mean the ones that come and go quickly, but the ones that stay around for a while.

I know it may sound weird, but it's a lot like naming your pets. That being said, my question is: do you name the animals that stay in your yard?

Here's a little help for posting:

Are there any animals staying in your yard now? If so, what are they and what are their names?

How long have they been staying? (you don't need to answer if you aren't sure)

If you want, you may also tell of animals that once stayed in the past and how/why they left, if you know.

Please don't:

Post if you don't do this
Make fun of anyone

For me, we have a small woodchuck named Alfred and a bigger one named Bert. Then we have two young squirrels named Twillie and Twirlie. We used to have a shaggy white skunk named Larry, too. x3 He left for unknown reasons.

Post away.

Hitsugaya389
07-10-2007, 02:01 PM
I have a rabbit... I named it Crissy... it's still here... i dunno where it goes for shelter though...

*~Lily_Gemini~*
07-10-2007, 02:04 PM
there was a squirral i named sugar rush. lol, yeah....i think hes still there, he has a wife named Gina and a child named ashley.

Antares
07-10-2007, 02:12 PM
There used to be a little crippled cat who hanged around in my old house when I was 14-15. His name was Renter and after a few months, I adopted him (When I moved, my new neighbor killed him, but that's another story).

There was a little bird that I found on the street once, his wing was broken, so I took him home and took care of him. When he was better, I set him free but he always came back to sleep in my backyard tree. His name is Errol (my cousin named him).

gothic tears
07-10-2007, 02:26 PM
There's this toad that hangs out in my mom's dead garden, lol. I named him Mr.Toad after the book Toad and Frog. He's rad, I like him. :)

Buruku
07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
I never name them, I either put the word "little" in front of what they are, like "little robin" or "little bun" (rabbit) or I add a 'y' at the end of what they are like "skunky" or "Squirly". I often use both though, like "little froggy."

I don't like giving them real names though...because thats not thier name.

Also, if they become regulars to my home then they get a title like "miss' or "Mr." But thats only if I see them a lot.

kaasuten
07-10-2007, 05:10 PM
yeah i do, just can't remember their names, but i do name bugs. one of them is a praying mantis that i named izzy. there was a sugar glider that we named wallie, he died from the cold.

~*Sailor Mercury*~
07-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I have a cat that hangs around my house. I think he's my other cat's kitten, because he looks almost exactly like him. I named him Buddy, because that was the first thing I thought of ^_^. He's very edgy, and won't ever come inside the house.

sa5m
07-11-2007, 07:25 AM
We have a couple woodchucks living under our shed in our backyard. xD And a few dozen squirrels run by each day.

███
07-11-2007, 08:41 AM
I name all the animals I eat, why just the other day I ate Max the cockroach.

╬Karami Mew~Meow
07-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah! Alot! *a toad?(gothic ears)...>.< I don't wanna think about it, I'm scared of them*

Well, there are many cats that go to our house all the time. I have never named them, though...since my dad won't let them stay...and...shoot them TT~TT,since it's not ours. *poor kitties T~T* I only named one, a big tom (male cat), that eats with my cats, but real shy. I named him Zabuza. :P lol

Also chickens...but I don't name them, they're owned by our neighbor. I just play, and catch them. lol
And a big grass hopper, but died in a few days.