PDA

View Full Version : Announcing an Anime Forum's Gathering at AX08!

Lon
07-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Okay everyone listen up. For two years now I've had the pleasure and the honor of meeting with several figure heads from Animeforums.com and their affiliated websites at an anime convention on the west coast called Anime Expo.

At this past convention (held the weekend just before July 4th 1007) I had the most fun meeting with and dinning with Minako, Ace, LPS, Lance, and Dovi. The only problem is... everyone else was missing!

We have a full year ahead of us before Anime Expo 2008 rolls around there for I perpose we all plan a massive gathering of Anime Forum people both new and old alike! We can get an area set aside with a date and time so we can all meet, and do a photo shoot for the website. If we can get along, hell even go to dinner at a restraunt together. (Depending on how many show up.)

If anyone is interested in this idea, please post! Start saving up! Let's make this thing happen.

Yours,
Lon

Sagat
07-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Any rough estimate on how much this costs - on average for everything included?

Dengaku
07-09-2007, 07:21 PM
It sounds interesting.

Princess Cupcake
07-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Where is it?

Athena
07-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm interested. [:
But what if it happens and hardly anyone shows up?

bttr
07-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I would go but I ain't in America

Hitsugaya389
07-09-2007, 09:02 PM
It depends. What day??

MistressPookyChan
07-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Are you paying for my plane ticket? ;)

Myrra
07-10-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm thinking about it Lon. I'm thinking about it.
So bossy!
What'll you give me if I come?

Buruku
07-10-2007, 12:12 AM
I'd like to come, but if I drove to Cali I would most definitely get into a car accident and die. Seriously.

I'd still like to hear more info on it though.

LadyPSerenity
07-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Your sissy will give you love Myrra <3

angelic_assasin
07-10-2007, 12:18 AM
its very interesting =] and a very good idea...but i dont think alot of people will make it to the U.S...oh well, worth a try i guess^^

Gjallarhorn
07-10-2007, 12:22 AM
I'd like to come, but if I drove to Cali I would most definitely get into a car accident and die. Seriously.

I'd still like to hear more info on it though.

Go by plane?

Anyway, if I can afford it, I'll be there. I've been putting aside some extra cash recently which I can draw from if needed, but it really depends on the price. I'm fairly sure that Boston to LA plus hotel fees isn't going to be cheap...

Buruku
07-10-2007, 12:33 AM
I can always go on the grayhound with the freaks and get raped and mugged on my way there, it'll be about 400 bucks cheaper though!

And then I could get Capers to pick me up and I could stay with her. Hm yes, I like this plan.

I just want to test something... **********

Ahaha they did bleep it out. Awesome.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-10-2007, 12:58 AM
No promises but I COULD give it a whirl, i'm sure my financial situation may have changed and hopefully there will be a TCG Tournament like WoW, Yu-Gi-Oh! or Magic: The Gathering going on. Hey I might be able to meet one of SCORE Entertainments head judges, Matthew Lowe, I GOTTA pay my respects to him... with my foot in a VERY uncomforable place.

Kyo Kusanagi
07-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Can we make it Akon? Its a lot closer for me. =)

But yeah, I'll see what I can do.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-10-2007, 01:37 AM
If we're going to do that, can we make it Tekoshokan since that's literally wher I live?

Ookie
07-10-2007, 02:26 AM
As much as I would love too I'm european, and I'm frightened to think of the cost of getting there. ^^;;

BUT, if you pay for my plane ticket I suppose I could come. :3

DaSOCOM
07-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Hmm...just before July 4th? If I could get time off, I'd do it for sure.

Peace,
DaSOCOM

Faceless111
07-10-2007, 05:21 AM
Yeah. Good idea, but I won't come. It's not the money problem, it's just that I'm not a photo person... just kidding. I seriously don't have any money and my parental units would forbid it. haha, it feels good to be a teenager...

zyronet
07-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Cool idea but, there's a lot of problems. If i could come, then i will but, since my place is so far, i don't think so.[ its not only about me.. >__<] I think im not the only one who has this problem, and still a teenager here... ^__^
Anyways, Good luck and have fun if even it will be approved.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah. Good idea, but I won't come. It's not the money problem, it's just that I'm not a photo person... just kidding. I seriously don't have any money and my parental units would forbid it. haha, it feels good to be a teenager...

This is the exact reason I enjoy being older that 99.99&#37; of you with exception Manhanten Project 2000 and I think maybe 5 others that are the same age.

I'm pretty sure than the majority of the board would need a reason to come. I was a member of Top Tier Gaming before I had a violent fight with the commie new owner Matthew Lowe, they just have a gathering at every big anime/tcg gathering like Gen Con, Wizard World: X, etc. The problem with that is both finicial and unlike TTG which has people who work for SCORE Entertainment which'll likely be able to move judges that work for the site arond OR they have their own money to go to these events.

Eris
07-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Nah... just, ... nah. Even if I had four grand for an intercontinental plane ticket, a hotel room and all that, I probably would spend it on something better. Like alcohol. Or a death star.

氷の動物
07-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I might consider going although I would definitely have to wait until closer to that time to figure that out, because chances are I would probably take a plane as driving would cost more with the current prices of gas.

Faceless111
07-10-2007, 11:41 AM
This is the exact reason I enjoy being older that 99.99&#37; of you with exception Manhanten Project 2000 and I think maybe 5 others that are the same age.You like being older just because it gives you opportunities to fly on a plane to go to an anime website photo op? Hm. I always looked forward to the legal booze.

Lunafreya Fleuret
07-10-2007, 11:47 AM
If anywhere, I'll be there. =o

Saiyan Destroyer
07-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Smoking sucks. Alcohol sucks. I mean "I'm glad I'm older" is because where people like you (under 18) have to ask for mommy and daddy's permission to oh say goto Gen Con where as I can just say "A'ight... I'm going to Gen Con." and just leave without a word. I might be biist against drinking and smoking because I'm Straight Edge AND my family is whole bunch of smokers and drinkers... yeah...

Regex
07-10-2007, 11:50 AM
You like being older just because it gives you opertunities to fly on a plane to go to an anime website photo op? Hm. I always looked forward to the legal booze.I believe it's more that your parents would forbid something, while his could not stop him.

Legal booze? Hardly a big deal. Even as often as I drink, I could (and did) get along quite well without it. The freedom to make your decisions for yourself is a much bigger deal than alcohol.

Now I was one of the bunch that was down there last year. I wasn't able to make it this year due to work and all, but it's good that everyone had a good time.

Ωmega
07-10-2007, 11:52 AM
This is the exact reason I enjoy being older that 99.99% of you with exception Manhanten Project 2000 and I think maybe 5 others that are the same age.

Theres a good chunk of members who are over the age of 18, way more than 5 X3

And Id love to go, but Im a very poor little girl. So very poor. I mean hey, if someone starts a "help our poor moderators fet to the convention" foundation and raises some money, then Id be more than happy to go =)

Faceless111
07-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Smoking sucks. Alcohol sucks. I mean "I'm glad I'm older" is because where people like you (under 18) have to ask for mommy and daddy's permission to oh say goto Gen Con where as I can just say "A'ight... I'm going to Gen Con." and just leave without a word. I might be biist against drinking and smoking because I'm Straight Edge AND my family is whole bunch of smokers and drinkers... yeah...I disagree with that. Smoking and alcohol are two of life's luxuries. And I don't need permission for most the things I do, but when it comes to buying plane tickets is a different matter. I mean, I went to Cedar Point for a day without permission. But to Cali, yeah... and especially for a website photo op... I don't think that'll fly, and I doubt I'd even want to go for that sole purpose. Maybe if we went to the beach and some vacation spots.

Lon
07-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Okay, to answer some of the most frequently asked questions:
Where is Anime Expo 2008?:
Anime Expo 2008 will be held at the Los Angeles Convention center.

How much does it costs (total)?
No clue, but you can probably use the trip planner on AX's website to help plan it. www.anime-expo.org I will say this, it won't be cheap. So to cut costs, get a bunch of your friends to go with you!

Will there be TCG/CCG tournaments?
I should hope so... Since I'm in charge of Table Top Gaming at AX and I usually host a Yugioh and Magic tournament each year.

Will Score be present?
They sponsered our room last year. I don't know if they will do so again in 08.

Can we move the location to another con?
No. We can't accomadate for everyone's situations. The gathering was announced for Anime Expo, so it will need to remain as such.

Myrra: It has been said that I know how to show a lady a good time. And I do mean that in the most appropriate way possible.

To everyone else: This thread is not about smoking and drinking. It is about going to AX in 2008. Get on topic please.

Grim Scythe
07-10-2007, 02:47 PM
im not gonna quote you so:

-why not make other threads for members not on the west coast

-how would having a group make the expense that much less? though i see the underlying point of that statement

-yeah tcg

-Score?

-again more threads for members in different worldly areas

-

-agreed back onto the topic

Eris
07-10-2007, 03:20 PM
If anyone goes, please report back to which extent my comic (http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/af_was_real.png) proves to be true.

CrimsonMoon
07-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Ah, I sure want to come if someone pays for my plane ticket. :p

Masali
07-10-2007, 07:20 PM
If it was at Otakon, I'd be all over that. But LA? No.

Kaitou Ace
07-10-2007, 09:04 PM
We could do both cons, I am always at Otakon as well as AX (and anime boston, and anime next, and katsucon, and sakuracon, and i-con, and other cons that I can't remember) so if people do want to meet up for a bit, and hang out, we could pull off smaller gatherings at some of the other cons, tho AX will be the big one.

Sagat
07-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Around 700 bucks for a flight from Ottawa to Los Angeles... you west coasten...ers really have it made in this case..although 700 bucks isn't all that bad. I guess it's fair to estimate around 1000-1200 for the whole thing, at least for someone leaving from central Canada.

Tetsanosuke
07-10-2007, 09:35 PM
As much as I'd like to, I doubt I could afford it with everything going on and just there in my life.

It seems like a great idea though.

^_^

Gjallarhorn
07-10-2007, 09:52 PM
We could do both cons, I am always at Otakon as well as AX (and anime boston, and anime next, and katsucon, and sakuracon, and i-con, and other cons that I can't remember) so if people do want to meet up for a bit, and hang out, we could pull off smaller gatherings at some of the other cons, tho AX will be the big one.

I'll be at AnimeBoston. Should I create a gathering thread when the time comes?

Oh, and upon reviewing mah munie, chances are I will be able to make it to AX08. Hotel room is going to kill me though. I wish I could drag a friend there to split the cost, since one room is the same price for 1/2/3 people at most of the hotels.

Lon
07-10-2007, 10:37 PM
I speak from experience.. 1 single room at a hotel will have 2 beds. Will comfortably bunk 4 people.

I also know from experience that it IS possible to get 6 to 7 people in a 4 person room if you plan properly for it. It isn't exactly comfortable but if you need to cut back on costs, you sacrafice something. Might as well be floor space.

Princess Minako
07-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Next person who posts "If you buy my ticket" gets an infraction. Its spam and does not contribute to the thread. AnimeForum is NOT going to buy anyones ticket.

The staff gets there on their own. It is a HUGE con, and we like planning these things because we did miss some people from the sites that were there this year, and meeting people makes the con experience more fun... I wouldn't have had as much fun if I hadn't seen Dovi and Lon.

If people can make it... GREAT... we'll set it up, meet, eat, dance, drink, do whatever. If you can't sorry... But there's no reason to make comments about it if you can't make it. I'll try to be there... barring unforseen circumstances. and I'll be looking to have just as much fun as I did this year!

Myrra
07-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Well, Lon, you make an interesting offer and LPS is doing her best to sweeten the deal.
I will see what I can manage though if anyone wants a roommate to help cut the costs, I'll more then happily share a room.

Princess Minako
07-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Its going to be a great time, we should all plan on being in the same Hotel, Lon just has to let us know what hotel he will be in, since he's the one that has it told to him as staff. I want my brother to come again, as I loved having him around. and Lon and Dovi will be there again, which will be awesome as all get out! More Fallen pics, more fights in the Pool, more kicking the crap out of Dovi who LOST!

I'm telling you guys, meeting up at cons is nothing but fun! I highly recommend if you can go, going! I love meeting people in person... except Dovi, who decides its his job to man handle me and give me large bruises... but I got him back >.> how IS your neck doing? :P

Variados
07-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Ok....Uh...Exactly in one year? Cool...uh....just give the announcement about it like about a month in advance so I can make plans for the month...also I will need to know how long would it be...where would it be....and if i can bring a person who is not in animeforum...or do they have to be? Cuz I do not know...I need a familiar face with me..and I am a newbie...but I have an interest in it....CUZ I love adventures...

Grim Scythe
07-11-2007, 05:28 PM
well it looks like my best bet would be dragon con(since its about an hour or so away) next year but thats so close to my ship date i doubt ill still care then, but still to those who dont have the money for a plane ticket might i suggest going to Wiki and typing in "anime convention" it lists the largest conventions in north america and european ones as well from the past 2 years, that might be helpful

Sagat
07-11-2007, 05:41 PM
I will try to go. Just no one try to jump me and gang beat me as revenge. I have never been to an anime convention let alone one with people on a forum.

It kills me deadened soul a bit more to say it, but it does look like a good time and to .... Allah forbid, meet new people.

Is there anyone going that is Sagat friendly who would perhaps consider sharing a room? I don't care about sleeping on the floor, I have my stupid army air mattress and sleeping bag so I'm good. See, I'm just that flexible.

I should probably mention ... it would help if you lived in or near the same location as I do. I know its a while off but it never hurts to get some info beforehand.

Ami~chan
07-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I'll check it out. There's a slim possibility I'd be able to go, but I won't hold my breath.

If I end up going, I look forward to seeing everyone!

Variados
07-11-2007, 09:53 PM
I will try to go. Just no one try to jump me and gang beat me as revenge. I have never been to an anime convention let alone one with people on a forum.

It kills me deadened soul a bit more to say it, but it does look like a good time and to .... Allah forbid, meet new people.

Is there anyone going that is Sagat friendly who would perhaps consider sharing a room? I don't care about sleeping on the floor, I have my stupid army air mattress and sleeping bag so I'm good. See, I'm just that flexible.

I should probably mention ... it would help if you lived in or near the same location as I do. I know its a while off but it never hurts to get some info beforehand.
I will be willing to share room with you, also I live close to canada.....But I do not think close enough from your house.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I will say that it isn't completely impossible I would want to come, but it depends on a lot of things.

Possible Scenarios

A) Getting a full motorcycle, a pup tent, and enough money for gas.

B) Getting enough money for a ticket, hotel and local transport.

C) The flying monkeys finish decanting.

D) I get covered in radioactive goo and gain superpowers.

Neko!
07-11-2007, 10:54 PM
omg i need to be an old member 0____0

Gjallarhorn
07-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Sagat brings up a good point. If anyone is going and willing to share a room with me to cut costs, get a PM to me. Yeah, I know we have a year, but I'd rather be able to determine how much it will cost and put aside the money now. Oh, and for this request, obviously, no noobs or those who annoy me. No other requirements.

.Gogo
07-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Ooooooh I wanna go! I wanna go!

I know for a fact it'll cost me though.. I live in Michigan ^^ I had actually planned to go with a friend this year but the plan fell through. Anywho, I should definately be able to save up money before it comes around.. I would think so anyways.. I've never been to a con before and would really like to go. Especially if all the people I stalk-- errr, I mean, am friends with are there! Definately a party I wouldn't want to miss ^_^ And I'd really like to meat Kaitou and Minako and all the other AF staff members in person too!

Besides, I'm deff not gonna miss the AF photo-op. America's Next Top Model here I come! ( xDD )

ShadowWalker
07-12-2007, 05:34 AM
-Ahem-

AX was awesome, in fact to steal a phrase, it was fan-tas-tic. While I have been to many different gaming cons, that was my first Anime one. I've been making some plans to go in character...all of which look like they will work out delightfully. A few things! Rooms!= Peter is claimed. =3 Just so it's said, he was -too- much fun. Dear god....my sides were killing me.
Dovi won!= I didn't lose, as much as you/others might wish to believe. Three on one, and I STILL kicked.....er..Won! So there! And it's doing well, thanks for asking. =p As for -anyone- trying to hold age over anyone else, I say this with all the love I have....Shaddap. Bring that to the Con, and you are buried in it. Promise. =) --makes a peace sign-- Paying for your own ticket? Try it. ^^ Seriously. Sooooo...! Mah room? XD --Claims Minny/Lon/ Peter. You have no choice. ^^ Smile and nod, for that is all the selection you have. I predict a night filled with fun and adventures! Dun think I forgot about Ace and LPS. Ace. ^.~ Bring that sexy russian leg over here. -Purrs!-- Lps! It'd be awesome if you didn't confuse objects. --Pats her on the head- Poor dear. Always trying to convert something into something else. Must have been a mage in another life. O.o Who knew? Beware Peter and pillows...beware Lon with just about anything... I'm all kinds of innocent fun, and be warned, I tend to growl, biting is not uncommon. Make sure you have your shots! -Wraps an arm around Lon and Minnie-- These are claimed. =3 I kill whatever comes within this personal bubble. ^^ --indicates a 5ft spherical shape-- No one else can touch. ^^ -points at Peter- You can touch. ^^ The doc says I'm already ready for society again! Woot!! ^_^ -halo appears- Although...this time around I think we should make sure that we make reservations for a place to eat.

Anything else which I am sure I am missing, and I will have to clear up later, there is always something!!

" Nemises is the blunt instrument of the Alliance, we are the tip of the sword, the discipline, the cutting edge. Never forget this, I implore you. However, should you neglect to remember this, I will be on hand to remind you. I am the Walker of Shadows, the Stuff of Nightmares."

Princess Minako
07-12-2007, 05:44 AM
he stole my phrase ;_; but we definately need to round it up and maybe make a list of everyone who is *SERIOUS* about going. Then I can send out a list to those people and you all can divide into rooms and such. Dovi/Lon will be staff so they have different rules that apply. (For the record Peter is my brother, as in identical genetic material).

How about everyone who is TOTALLY SERIOUS and willing to goto AX PM me their name, and I'll draw up a list and send it out to those people. Now this is not something you can send a name to and then back out of! Since I am going to put this out for people to make plans from.

and lastly, Dovi did not win, he lost miserably... you should have seen him after the battle...

ShadowWalker
07-12-2007, 06:25 AM
he stole my phrase ;_; but we definately need to round it up and maybe make a list of everyone who is *SERIOUS* about going. Then I can send out a list to those people and you all can divide into rooms and such. Dovi/Lon will be staff so they have different rules that apply. (For the record Peter is my brother, as in identical genetic material).

How about everyone who is TOTALLY SERIOUS and willing to goto AX PM me their name, and I'll draw up a list and send it out to those people. Now this is not something you can send a name to and then back out of! Since I am going to put this out for people to make plans from.

and lastly, Dovi did not win, he lost miserably... you should have seen him after the battle...

Ahem. ALMOST all lies! Except that part about Peter being her brother...and being identical genetic material...and that Dovi/Lon will be staff....Oh Alright! The Losing part was a lie! --Was triumphant!-- So nyah.

Grim Scythe
07-12-2007, 08:23 PM
i suggest going to Wiki and typing in "anime convention" it lists the largest conventions in north america and european ones as well from the past 2 years, that might be helpful

because i can

Lon
07-16-2007, 04:21 AM
Dovi was practically staff this year, considering I had him in tow for 90&#37; of the con as my personal assistant. X.x and those bloody gits from "staff pro" (the yellow shirted MORONS that screwed up the con) never knew the better.

...course by day 3 I think I had most of the normal employee level yellow shirts scared sick of my preseance. ....I noticed I was the ONLY one on my staff that they only gave any lip to once. ...and that was QUICKLY fixed once I had their manager drug out of bed and rushed to the convention site from half way across town.

I digress... Yes, Dovi will be our point man when it comes to RPG's this next year.

Minako: Perhaps we should also start a list of people who are interested in going -and- are looking for roomates to help people cut costs down? I would also note that AF and AX in no way shape or form accepts responisbility for anything that happens from this pre-arranged deal.

To the general con-going populace: Sagat made a point, which I won't quote but I'll certainly address. I'm not exactly up to speed on the thousands of diffrent clicks here at Anime Forums. I don't know who has beef with who and I'm certainly not going to try and play diplomat during the entire convention to keep the peace. So I'm just going to make a simple blanket statement and leave it at that.

Blanket statement: "Anime Expo is a convention that should be fun for everyone. All problems and grievences should be left here on the boards. All con attendies are expected to behave in a reasonable and adult like mannor, dispite what problems you MAY have with someone from this website or its affiliates. (including myself.) I am a Manager for Anime Expo and I have the power to revoke -anyone's- badge. From staff, to volunteer and especially a normal attendee. If I get reports of any inappropriate drama escilating to but not including fights (verbal or other wise) Not only will I personally remove you from the convention but you'll get a free ride in a LAPD police cruiser and a personal "tour" of the local county jail."

The LAST thing I want is some psycho-path comming to the convetnion to "get revenge" on someone because of something they said or did on the forums.

ShadowWalker
07-18-2007, 03:41 AM
Ha! AX was excellent -because- we didn't have morons trying to cause anything, the Con is supposed to be fun for -all- concerned, that means for everyone that goes, not just yourself. The only message that I pulled from that is that -should- anything be noticed, some people are going to be spending a -lot- of money for nothing. You will have a very short Convention trip should you be escorted from the Con, and I personally, will laugh at you insanely for being so dumb. For the record...If I have the same people around as last year....they know who they are... -I- will have an outstanding time, and they will of course. ^_^ My 'Lil Spoons....So cute they are! =3 Death be to those who bring down the Con! Death I say! It was an excellent time! By the by.... --eyes go from left to right-- Who wants to play World of Darkness? =D It's awesome, and you can get lots of help in making whatever character you want. ^^ You know you want to. Don't fight the urge. =D

::Shapeshifts his fingers into black blades and then runs them together causing sparks to flitter to the ground:: People who wanna play in one line, and those that don't in the other. ^_^ Two lines please. --speaks in a polite tone-- Thank you so much.

Who's up for me winning in the Pool again?! =D Any takers?

Princess Minako
07-18-2007, 06:02 AM
I haven't really received any word from anyone who is seriously interested in going. I was going to make a list of people and then send it out to all who sent me their names so people can make rooming groups.

I guarantee that its a fantastic time, Everyone who went this year had a blast. We even got together after con was over and just played around in the pool for 2 days (We learned last time that you always schedule an extra day after con to just chill, definitely do that again!) Most of the staff doesn't bite, altho LPS scratches like woah! I bite.... just ask ShadowWalker.... for the record he started it. Lon bites too....

ANYWAY! Its funtimes. So lets start planning this now, especially since it will be held at the LACC this year.

Myrra
07-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Well, Mina, the thing with this is I am constantly being pulled in several directions. I can't afford to be everywhere. If you can give me a nice guesstimation on what I can be expected to need for it, I can see if I can feasibly afford to go.

Princess Minako
07-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Usually Anime Expo gets the local hotels to offer a discounted rate to con goers. I can't even imagine what it would be this year because the venue is totally different. Last time it was 133 a night for a room at the Renaissance. Which was a very nice room, and we fit 4 people in it quite comfortably. Check Cheaptickets.com for a flight, personally I shopped around a bit at all the discount sites. We rented a car and I chauffeured everyone around, which providing you all get in around my flight time, or maybe even pack up a bunch of people to arrive at the same time, I can save you taxi fare and do an airport run. I have no issues with that at all. Hell I picked Igor up at 1am Cali time, which was 4 am my body time.... just don't expect me to be a shining beacon of cheerfulness...

Food is what you make of it, but I would probably budget in at least one really nice dinner, which I'd say is a site get together/go out dinner thing. Again, I can't really try to guess what kind of food prices are around there as its in downtown LA at the LACC this coming year and I dont' know anything about it. If you want to buy things, price that in.

Dovi said he brought 1500 that he saved up to buy swords/trinkets, eat with etc.. and he didn't go through all of it, if I remember correctly. He might be a better person to ask. I'm horrific with money, I put it on the card and just pay it off. I am only able to mentally keep track of... "Oh I should stop spending I think I've spent a lot" and not numbers at all. Sorry if I'm not much help ;_;

Myrra
07-19-2007, 01:17 AM
*laughs* Oh, Mina...that was... :rolleyes:
Perhaps I should be asking Lon for answers
I'm cash and carry so I like to have an idea of what I'm likely to need. And I doubt very much I'd be spending too much on knick-knacks as I've no place to put anything.

ShadowWalker
07-19-2007, 03:40 AM
Ahem.

I took/invested roughly $1500 bucks into the trip as I wasn't sure how much to take, and I would suggest something about in that range. Eating out everyday was honestly the most expensive part when it's all considered. Blessed be to Peter for delivering the night of GodMod, he's a saint, and being from the "D" teaches you things that you can't learn anywhere else. -Thumps chest twice with two fingers- Yeah!
Otherwise, just make sure you bring enough clothes for the Con, plus one outfit to look nice, you never know when you might need it. I learned that the hard way.

As for Airport Runs....SHOTGUN! HA! Called it like 300 days out...! Beat That! =D I'm a very cute passenger. ^_^ Even helped Peter with some...identification issues he was having. Poor Peter. =p

Planning an extra day for after the Con is something to count on. ^_^ -Such- a blast, I still miss it, and was grateful for an extra day.
LPS better have her nails trimmed. =p She's mean ya'll. Fair warning, and for the record. A "Converter" is a remote control......don't ask me. It's a ...yeah.
Ace is awesome, has excellent taste in hats. ^_^ MUST respect a man with a proper hat. ^_^ To Vodka Sir. To Vodka. As for Minako, not enough nice things can be said. I think it's my turn for drinks next isn't it? =p (Lie to me. =p) For the Record, Minny started it, I finished it, and then some. She lost. =p Horribly I might add, and I think Peter should be the German Bondage Leader. You -know- he could get volunteers. =p After Lon's performance....I think it's safe to say he lost. =p Horribly again I might add.

Everyone was a dream, and it was an experience worth dieing...or killing for. --Sadistic smile-- Oh the plans that I have.... and yes, people will be claimed. ^_^

LadyPSerenity
07-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Oh dear god I think I'm going to die in laughter here.

Peter was a riot, he made all of us laugh. And I have to say the whole thing was just freaking amazing.

The con was just a real hoot and it is a CONVERTER. Leave me and my Canadian'isms alone.

And the darn Wayne'isms I say that now and people look at me funny. You people wear off on me.

God I miss all of you guys. ;_;

And I didn't scratch that hard... well okay I did. But it was fun.

ShadowWalker
07-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Lol. You are not alone LPS, not at all. Through the memories of the Con, I gained more then I ever thought possible. I found new friends, rediscovered some old, and then soundly beat all of them in the Pool. XD I -won-. Boo-yah!

The Con was the most fun that I have had in a -long- time, and I was -dreading- my return flight. However, there will be next year, which I already can't wait for. ^_^ I wouldn't trade that time for anything in the world, and the more I look back at it, the more I come to see it as something precious. ^^ Very much so.

"Wayne-isms"- --Assumes a kneeling pose with his left arm over his knee for a brief moment-- You are again not alone. Lol. Still does the phrase enter normal conversation because it's meaning is understood. SO many good memories. =3
Mindshield!- There -will- be a complied list of what Mindshield! can do, and let me tell you, it's priceless.
Sister?- A constant reminder of what happens when a novice half listens to an experienced player, then whines when they get -smeared-. The answer is simple. =3 Ragu, the lumpy kind.
Converter- That's a LPS thing. Weird as though it may be, it's ALLLLLL her. =p! Stay away from my hat! Mine!
Ace- Excellent talking to you, throughly enjoyable. We have a Vodka Date sir. ^_^ -Taps his hat to Ace's, which is AWESOME by the by- Hat Tap. ^_^ -Hat Tap- To lightly tap one hat to another when distance, or lack of alcohol prevent the tapping of glasses or bottles as is considered proper.
Peter- Lol! You're a riot, and welcome anywhere, anytime, for any reason, my door is open sir, and I would count myself blessed to be in such company again. ^_^
Lon- As always my Brother, your back is mine to defend, and I do so readily. --Draws Suavian and flips it once before laying it across the back of his left arm-- I understand -another- fool has stated he wishes to attempt the gauntlent that -Is- Nemises? Let this fool stand forward, and let us show him the might of the Nemises.
Minako- An absolute pleasure and delight, anytime, drinks are on me. ^_^ "This is Not a door...?!" <---Classic. =) Never will you forget little spoon. Not. Ever. MINDSHIELD! <--- Mindshield will bake you cookies!

Until we next meet good friends! We have 151 to finish! Shots to take! More insane actions locked behind closed doors! BWAHAHA! =D SOOOO Many more pictures must be taken. They are a -constant- joy, and I look to them often. ^^ Always brings a smile.....even with Lon trying to feel me up. ^^

You are all missed, and thought of. ^^ LPS. Trim. The. Talons.

Lon
07-19-2007, 12:37 PM
And I didn't scratch that hard...

...LPS I've got a 2 inch perment scar across my left arm from you. ...and you say you don't scratch hard... sheesh.

Also Dovi, this new challanger is dangerous. Don't take him lightly. He's a rule laywer with expert knowledge of the BESM system. Much like us, he rolls characters just because he gets bored. He is huge into the Bleach mythos and we can expect to see several nasty bankai/shikai levels from him. Over all, he's studied the Nemesis for the past 5 years. He knows our structure, and he knows how we operate. I would be very leary of him.

ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood
07-19-2007, 12:51 PM
umm I really really wanna go but since I am only a teenager my parents wont let me go without supervision..but I will see what I can do. Plus there is the money issue. But I would really love to go!! How would I know where and how everyone was though?

LadyPSerenity
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Lol. You are not alone LPS, not at all. Through the memories of the Con, I gained more then I ever thought possible. I found new friends, rediscovered some old, and then soundly beat all of them in the Pool. XD I -won-. Boo-yah!

Psssh naaaaah we won!

Converter- That's a LPS thing. Weird as though it may be, it's ALLLLLL her. =p! Stay away from my hat! Mine!

But but I liked it ;_; and it's not an LPS thing I checked! my friend calls it a converter too!

You are all missed, and thought of. ^^ LPS. Trim. The. Talons.

Buuut I like themmmmm

In terms of finding everyone, I'm sure we'll be posting more as next year approaches and we need to get together. We'll arrange meeting places and go out as a group. It'll be a lot of fun!

Princess Minako
07-19-2007, 04:56 PM
stabby stabby doesn't hold up to... Hey Baby whats your sign ^_~ purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jose
07-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah we should all make it I'll if i can make it if this happens pm me letting me know all details

ShadowWalker
07-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Heh.

Rule lawyers suck, and can be defeated by raw roleplay, I bring a very old enemy up out of the past for that purpose. You know of whom I speak, and know that even as he was destroyed, I smiled. He can prefer whatever system he wants, and he will still lose.

Regardless, another body is worm food, plain and simple.

Sooooo... ^_~ What -is- your sign anyways...? I'm a taurus.. Wanna cuddle?

Ranshiin
07-20-2007, 10:50 AM
I was supposed to have gone to AX 2005, 2006 and 2007, but owing to a lot of financial problems (and the fact the person promising to bring me over never exactly kept that promise) it never happened.

Maybe it's a good thing... but I seriously do want to come over to the next one and meet you guys (so you can all hit me irl instead and get that anger all vented out for a few weeks =)).

Where is it being held? I can't remember.. I heard it's in L.A. but I don't know if that was this years' or not... also when? and where am I going to stay? lol. I mean.. it's not like you guys will want to have me sharing a hotel or one of your apartments/houses or something.

(advance note - I am NOWHERE near as much as a pain in real life as I am online. Trust me.)

Princess Minako
07-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Site staff are usually all crammed into a room. This year it was LPS, Kaitou Ace, my brother and myself. We fit, but there really wasn't room for anymore. Lon is pretty good at cramming as many people as humanly possible into a 4x4 space.

This coming AX it looks like, staff wise, it will be, me, Kaitou, LPS, my brother again, Regex... definitely... YES AARON DEFINITELY.... anyway....

yeah, I just don't think that we will have room in our room even if we did want to have you there.

I was willing to make a list for people, of people who were definately going and wanted to share room costs to make it easier on everyone, but no one messaged me about it really. So, I guess people are doing it themselves or not worrying about it.

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
07-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Ok, so I am seriously thinking of going to this. I mean, My family go out that way every summer for a while, So I have a lot of planning to do, but I think I can pull it off.
It would be so nice meeting some of you! I'm excited now.
As for the room issue...eh...? So I'll probably bring a friend, but it would be nice to share a room with people... money will be a big thing...
And yeah...

smile1010
07-20-2007, 06:23 PM
I'd be interested, but what state is this in ;.;

Princess Minako
07-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Anime Expo will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in California

Variados
07-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I'd be interested, but what state is this in ;.;

I have another question too...how will I know....that I am meeting anybody from here?:unsure:

Light Buster
07-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Well, that's good for me. Now about the price...

Fabala
07-21-2007, 03:07 AM
Buy me a plane ticket to the states (and back, you cheapskate...) and I'm THERE baby XDDD

Oh. Hubby will probably want one too.

Seriously though, wish this idea had sprung up sooner than this year ^^

ShadowWalker
07-21-2007, 03:19 AM
As AX gets closer and everything, I would suggest you try and save as much as you possibly can, I used/invested about $1500 to be able to get everything that I wanted and such. Granted, there is a lot of things to do, and you can make it on a lot less. Naturally, it depends on what your goals are, I'm greedy when it comes to being a pack rat. =D It's a Michigander kinda thing. Lon kicked out the addy for AX. www.animeexpo.org I believe it was, and Minako brought up that they often offer deals for Con goers. I suggest making sure you save as much as you can, and keeping in mind that food will be likely the most expensive loss aside from the ticket. AX will be held at The LA Convention Center as Minako stated. For those people wondering, the boards are used constantly, and trying to make arrangements to meet people can easily be done through many different ways. Even if you don't have a laptop, I'm sure you can find a cafe`, or make arrangements on the boards.
For the record, no one is buying anyone else a ticket just 'cause. =p We're -all- cute in our own way, but no one is -that- cute.
We'll call this a collective recap over the last several posts.

Fabala
07-21-2007, 04:02 AM
And if I AM that cute? How will you ever know without buying the ticket? XD

ShadowWalker
07-21-2007, 04:50 AM
I can count on one hand the number of people that cute, sorry to say that you are not one of them. =3 Nice try tho'! A for effort! Lol.

The Hotel won't be too awful in the grand scheme, and you have plenty of time, start saving now and you'll be good. ^_^ Work hard enough and you get to meet me at the sword stands.

Light Buster
07-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Just a question, how much does the expo cost? If someone answered this question already, I'm sorry.

Sagat
07-21-2007, 10:11 AM
You might want to try scrolling up, because it's been answered all over this page.. Wow

Variados
07-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Shadow walker....you said $1,500 that is a lot for me....hmmmm I was going for 500 less...hahah.... so... I am going to have a name tag with my user name.....oooooooooooh or I am comming to the forum to announce i am on the convention.... I just want to meet people from here cuz i am a weirdo like that.

Princess Minako
07-21-2007, 06:21 PM
name tags stuff like that is all done through the convention. This thread is saying that people from this site will be attending Anime Expo. If you too are attending we will schedule a time/place where we all can meet up and say hello.

Jose
07-23-2007, 01:13 PM
name tags stuff like that is all done through the convention. This thread is saying that people from this site will be attending Anime Expo. If you too are attending we will schedule a time/place where we all can meet up and say hello.

great people should stop posting stupid stuff and set a date pm you know the date

Overlord Darth Fluffles
07-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Hell, that's a genius idea. I mean, I'm no one big or important here, but I'd like to go...It's just he money issue for me. I'm sure my parents would be, "Oh yeah, good idea" I'm now dedicated to going...if I fail...I'm killing myself. >Gets his gun ready.<

Lavos
07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
The LAST thing I want is some psycho-path comming to the convetnion to "get revenge" on someone because of something they said or did on the forums.

Shucks! ::goes an unpacks his bags:: :broken::(

Light Buster
07-24-2007, 12:04 AM
What? Can't attend? Looks like trouble.

Kitanoru
07-24-2007, 12:26 AM
I would love to go, but it might be difficult in my case. The expenses might be a bit of a problem for me, and getting the permission from my parents could be a difficult task to do as well. However... we do have friends that live in California, which I could try and convince them in going to see. Thus giving me the chance to go to "Anime Expo," and in the mean time meet some of the amazing members here from Anime Forum. I will have to see what my schedule is like when the time draws nearer to the date of "Anime Expo" to confirm whether I can attend or not, but I will definitely try.

Fatality's Envy
07-24-2007, 12:27 AM

W00T. PERFECT, i live in Cali!!

and LA IS LIKE 45 minutes away

[this is smile]

Princess Minako
07-24-2007, 04:35 PM

Except for you G0RE, you can come... I'll sneak you in under my shirt!

Jose
07-24-2007, 06:25 PM

Can i come???
plz i have lotz of money

Fabala
07-24-2007, 10:55 PM

Luckiest. Member. EVER.

Myrra
07-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Now barring an unexpected win from the lottery (and considering I don't play that would indeed be a miracle), I doubt I am going to go next. I think I'm going to attend the one in London next summer. And if scheduling doesn't permit that, I'm still going to be mucking about in Liverpool
Yes, yes, the cost will be nearly the cost dear ShadowWalker has suggest saving just to fly there, but as much as I love the lot of you, I'd rather spend time with family and enjoy the rich experiences offered by the Capital of Culture next year. ^___^

ShadowWalker
07-25-2007, 04:33 AM
-shakes his head laughing as he resumes his workload-

I had something witty to say, but instead, I'll just say this. ^_^ --FFTT!-

Shotel
07-25-2007, 11:02 AM
You peeps have the opportunity to meet really important people? Like va actors and artists. If yes, you're lucky. Sort of.

I want to attend a convention one day just so I can tell people how they made thier costumes. And watch (and or participate) in some kind of action presentation. Also to watch the Sos brigade dance.

smile1010
07-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Is it true people are having a potition to move Anime Expo to somewhere thats not L.A.
I mean..really you guys that don't live near l.a. or have never seen L.A.[east L.A. which is most of it...]
hobotown...
Anyway they might move it further down the state ;.; i don't want them to though

KuroTan
07-30-2007, 08:48 PM
wow..the very year i start college in LA and this happens.cool.^^ I'd like to come.seriously.u know,just to see what an anime expo looks like.haha.but the cost...if i do the maths,ive got a year to next years one.an average of 30 days in a month, u get 320 days.so...if i save maybe two dollars a day...a couple of loose change...im a thousand short.^^' haha.never mind.ill just go for the heck of it, even if i dont get much in way of souvenirs.^^

Kathryn
09-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Hah, count me in. I've been to AX the past 2 years, but somehow manage to just barely slip past those from AF. For example, during my first year, I was at Whose Line is it Anime? and didn't know that Lon was in the show until after I got home. I'd like to actually meet up with people this next year, though. Just set up a date and time and I'll be there for sure.

P.S. When did Lord Dovi make his way back to Tux?!

-Kitsune-
09-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh, I wish I could go T.T One of my friends offered to take me to AX, buy the tickets and everything but my mother wont let me go there alone with him >.< And I really wanted to go to AX08 too... T.T Oh well, everyone else have fun for me since I cant go myself, okay? ^.^

Anpan Hayase
09-01-2007, 07:47 PM
I would love to come. In fact, I don't see why I couldn't.

Oh wait... Reality is beginning to dawn on me.. Money. Oh, I'll need somewhere to stay. I'll get lost.. money.

But otherwise, I totally would.
Maybe I can... >>;
I'll be there in spirit.

*Lady_Kikyo*
09-02-2007, 01:17 AM
[COLOR=darkorchid]i would sooo love to attend this, but planning and my husband being in the army us moving to our next duty station next year..i dont know if i can absolutly say i can attend. i would love it..but im not sure if i know anyone well enough here who would share the expensis with me..and my husband is an anime freak so if he can hell probably tag along with me..*sighs* i would really like to attend though to meet the mods and admins and other members in person. COLOR]